[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Self-Improvement General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10
File: stairway_to_heaven.jpg (108 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
stairway_to_heaven.jpg
108 KB, 1920x1080
Let's talk about how me managed to improve our selves in recent times.

Be it in love live, in your job, in academia or in any other aspect of live different from fitness.

Tell us your successes and how you think you achieved them.
Even small progress is progress!

>inb4 mods delete this thread because it's not fitness related
you know as well as anyone else that this board is much more than just a strict fitness forum.
>>
Watched vids by this durianrider dude- he gets life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec1VX-ula5c
>>
File: pepe_feels_good_man.png (21 KB, 178x178) Image search: [Google]
pepe_feels_good_man.png
21 KB, 178x178
I was considered to be the leader of my first aid course today.
Was very extroverted, had a lot of fun with the girl next to me. She even smiled and held eye contact for really long but I blew it because I didn't talk to her in the breaks.

Anyways:
>very awkward course at first
>helped instructor and losend up the mood with her
>some point later we had to work in groups of 4
>got into a group with the girl and one man and one female
>naturally took the lead in discussions
>was made the spokesperson for everything we had to present
>noticed the instructor always looking at me when presenting or listening to others
>when I got my certificate for participating there was only me and one other girl left
>instructor says "best things last"
>probably didn't mean anything but felt like a huge compliment in context

I think I'm finally on my way to becoming an alpha. Just one year ago I didn't even have any friends and now it's easy to talk to random people I meet.

feels good man.
>>
Learning to laugh more- feeling happy=looking good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO1f9ZZLu0w
>>
>>37254428
Use 4chan a lot less, same with vidya. Broadening the music that I listen to and I'm going to redo my workout routine.
>>
>>37254517

Good stuff anon bro. I know the feel of making Alpha progression and looking back in the rearview and thinking holy crap look how far I've come.
>>
>>37254597
>Broadening the music that I listen to
do the same thing. What's the stuff you picked up recently?
>>
>>37254644
pic related
Before that I got into king crimson
>>
File: zyzz_8_4_2014_8.jpg (102 KB, 560x894) Image search: [Google]
zyzz_8_4_2014_8.jpg
102 KB, 560x894
I've been inspired by Arnie to better myself.

Got braces, am currently on a diet, asked my buddy to show me round the weights room, doing HIIT regularly, trying to be more sociable, got a part-time job for the summer.

Hopefully everything will turn out ok and I can stop being such a moron around women too

> pic mostly unrelated
>>
>>37254517
feel you.

>visit my father
>go to his regular pub to watch soccer
>meet friends of him
>one woman in her 50s isn't interested in football like me
>manage to hold conversation for about an hour

was really surprised since the age gap is so big we didn't share any common interests. She even said that I seem like a social guy even though I like nothing more than just sitting on my computer on my own and hadn't talked to anyone in a week.
>>
Picked up some tips here on how to work a room

http://lifehacker.com/top-10-tips-to-work-a-room-like-a-champ-1743564696

1. Be Okay with a Little Awkwardness
2. Listen
3. Turn Small Talk Into a Conversation
4. Pay Attention to Your Body Language
5. Remember People’s Names
6. Give a Good Handshake
7. Look for Pairs of People
8. Pick Your Battles
9. Have a Plan
10. Enter with Confidence
>>
>>37254467
>>37254524
>>37254697

did you actually DO anything? Or are you just procrastinating?
>>
Anons read SELF-IMPROVEMENT BOOKS to help them GET LAID

While CHAD reads PLOTINUS' ENNEADS to escape his EXISTENTIAL TORMENT
>>
>>37255105
why do you capitalise words like that. I think I recognize you as that autist who complains about chads and women all the time
>>
You sad little man think that Chad does any of this shit?

Lol, cute
>>
3.9 GPA
~76 credits
Feels goodman, but it's getting really hard to maintain. Bachelors in Public Health

And I'm ripped as fuark except for a tiny slab of fat on my midsection and love handles. Ketosis works well for getting that type of look, imo, it's actually quite easy for me to drop fat and lose 15-20 pounds before each summer.
>>
I'm going back to school to get an MS in biochemistry.

I'm working towards next (brown) dan in judo.

Also, I was friends with a blonde haired, blue eyed 6'4 manslut in late high school, early college. He was always pushing me to work harder, lift harder and put myself out there. I would have never left my parent's basement and be working on gearing a 7th level 100 in WoD, masturbating until legion comes out. What the fuck is wrong with you guys? Do you honestly think that being attractive is a fault?
>>
I work a security job. I work graveyard shifts, M-F, 9pm-5am

It's been a month and a half since I started and I've noticed I haven't been eating, lifting, and I'm tired all the time. I'm irritable, and I haven't taken care of myself(Appearance wise) I wear sweatpants and the same shirt for 5 days at a time nowadays

Should I quit
>>
>>37255142
it's a MEME you DIP
>>
Treating other people like shit helped me to have more self-confidence. That's sad but it's working.
I'm alive now.
>>
>>37255413
Yes.

>>37255551
This, unfortunately.
>>
For starters:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXLesGEfmyhxqOjoAqhRwhA
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmvhCWvHk3-SJqljh5cCm8A
>>
>>37255598
>theredpill
>self improvement
It's just pretending to be alpha by hating everybody. It won't make you into Chad, and women will pick up on you trying too hard. They can always tell what your intent is.

Do you think Chad thinks "I'm going to be an asshole to everybody and run plates/sets"? He doesn't. He treats people like people, but puts himself first. That's a healthy attitude.
>>
Clean of weed since the beginning of march after 8 years of smoking daily, quitting hentai as well. That is significantly more difficult, but I'll do it.
>>
>>37255772
good job.
Even though it's hard since you won't ever find a pure virgin in 3D land.

Might have been better off just jerking it to drawn girls of questionable age.
>>
Picked up learning German with duolingo and am actually enjoying it.
Slowly but surely improving my physique with bodyweight stuff since the nearest gym is60k away and kicked my pop addiction. Got a part time job to help with family bills and am eating healthier other than the marshmallow krispies I made yesterday. All's manageable on this end.
>>
>>37257261
Am a real German. If you ever want to practice "on the subject" we can start texting.
>>
>lost 40lbs of fat, very close to abs for first time in life
>1/2/3/4 verified
>finally managed depression
>moving near family
>discovered ideal career
>over ex wife

It's been a great year so far brehs
>>
>>37254467
This guy's fuckin' on board with this video. Thanks for sharing.
>>
File: technoviking.gif (2 MB, 189x263) Image search: [Google]
technoviking.gif
2 MB, 189x263
>>37254428

Entered the thousand pound club recently by over a hundred pounds

Getting better at sales and analyzing people and their behavior, I'm reading a lot of psychology, customer relations management and other related literature

Tracking my expenses is giving good results

Also been getting more and more into philosophy for a year or two. Stoicism mostly. It helps me think and clear my head and keep it clear as well.

Also, I would like to think I'm becoming more of a good person. Someone once told me that goodness only ever comes from a position of strength. Before I used to try and force my help on people to feel better about myself. That has changed.
>>
>>37257383

Oh, and finally getting my studies rolling on as well. Not long until my MsC in International Business.
>>
>>37257383
you may be a good person by it seems as if you lead a forgetable existence
>>
>>37257441

I probably I am. What matters more to me is that I and the people close to me value it. I'm quite content with it and what I'm doing with it, as opposed to before when I was bitter, jealous or dangerously detached and cold.
>>
>>37257485
don't forget to die on a monday
>>
>>37257441
isn't every body?
Pretty much none of humanity will remember you except you were an international public figure.
>>
>>37257515
correct answer

you should die on a holy day
>>
File: good form, pupper.jpg (172 KB, 600x390) Image search: [Google]
good form, pupper.jpg
172 KB, 600x390
>>37254428
I just joined the gym for the very first time, i always wanted to do that but lacked will power. It will probably take me 1-2 years to get some visible muscles but the fact that i finally started to improve my life makes me so happy.
>>
>>37257547
just watch your diet m8. It's not that hard and you might put on pretty nice gainz in about 8 months
>>
>>37257547
just wait till you get bored of it
>>
>>37257383
can you recommend your top 3 books since you've started reading? I changed my major this year to pre-business because I find analyzing people's thought processes and following consumer trends are things that are fascinating
>>
I lost 20 pounds. Worked to turn the rest into muscle. Looking great.

It's been a year, I still miss her. Folly folly folly.
>>
>>37257704
Read The Cossacks by Leo Tolstoy (Maude Translation)
>>
>>37257685

Not really. I'm doing my thesis in analyzing the supplier/dyad, so I'm reading a lot of academia and quite heavy articles. Get your hands on a pass to EBSCO or any other academic base of literature.

However, if you wish to read something quite interesting in that field, read Adler (2001), Medlin (2003), Ritter (2007) on dyadic analysis. You might also want to read what French & Raven wrote in 1959 about bases of power, and some other articles about relational power (inter- and intra-company) to get you started.
>>
File: 00231.jpg (29 KB, 430x475) Image search: [Google]
00231.jpg
29 KB, 430x475
>>37255626
>It's just pretending to be alpha by hating everybody
You probably have been there once and now drawing conclusions.
>>
>>37257755
A lot of those pieces are in my university's bookstore, I work in the textbook department so I'll have to start taking a look at that when in there, thanks anon
>>
File: Snapshot_20120703_5.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_20120703_5.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
>>37254428
Used to be pretty fit. Was always fat, but was strong af from football. (All conference for both sides of the ball).

Went to college, started cutting before sophomore year, got thinner, got much better looking, and loved it. Severely injured right arm just before school started again (Dislocated ulna at the wrist). Did nothing but party and drink heavily. Actually became a depressed alcoholic. Left school, started living at home, got into an abusive relationship, was a sad sack of shit.

Fast forward a couple years, managed to get my personal and professional lives in order. Making over $100,000 in a $30,000 median income area. Started lifting again two months ago. Down 15lbs to 240. Looking to cut to at least 190.

Pic related is what I look like at 190. Will probably cut more once I'm there, but right now, that's my goal.
>>
>>37257881

Strong legs but its like you are not even trying in the upper body(comparing to legs)
>>
I finally trained myself to become an ambidextrous masturbator.
>>
>>37257925
Always had problems developing chest . Bench was my slowest progressing lift. Had a 515 squat and 245 bench.

Lifting program was always dictated by football, so we focused on legs like crazy.
>>
>>37258030

>Always had problems developing chest

Try with smaller weights but get that "pump" in the muscles.
Also try supersets they are good for grow... Arnold used to mix chest and back in supersets.
>>
>>37255105
HEIGHT FACE FRAME
>>
>>37258156
Fuck that's a lot of volume. This is the first time I've ever lifted for hypertrophy, so I'm still getting used to that kind of thing.
>>
>>37257972

Very useful skill. Had to learn that in high school when i injured my right hand. At first, left hand was very clumsy and could not even jizz. But day by day my left became more proficient in shooting load.
>>
>>37258237

Well thats Schwarzenegger. Try finding some easier supersets, something that you will manage without dying.
>>
>>37258307
Sounds like a decent idea
>>
>>37255142
way to KILL the JOKE newFAG
>>
> thanks to focusing on fitness and letting it become a big thing in my life I have not only improved physically but i am drinking MUCH less (2-3 bottles of whiskey a week down to a bottle of wine a week)
> because I'm hungover less, I'm more sociable and read more
> much calmer, have more self confidence (still working on it because i have a long way to go)

thanks /fit/
>>
>>37254428
> lost weight
> gained muscle
> graduated law school
> studying for the bar

I want a career, wife, kids, and house. I am just taking it one step at a time.

I focus on the next goal and try not to get hung up on all of the adjectives both positive and negative; alpha, beta, fag, manly,cuck, ect.

Just go towards the goal, and keep going.
>>
I actually went down hill all around.

>told friend who thought I still liked her after 5 years that I gave up on her along time ago
>slowed the hell down at work
>haven't been to the gym in a week
>same friend says "I's be uh smart boi" and I told her to eat shit

I didn't ask for any of it. The job and the past 2-3 years. The latter has been the most asinine stupid and poignant I've had because my parents literally wouldn't leave me alone about finding work or get their hands out of my money with anything. I literally threw down 32,000 on a truck just to get them to shut up. Im going back to school just to get me to shut up.

Id like to blame me for everything but maybe I wanted it. I could never stick with anything so maybe all this is good for me in some shitty way or another. Something something crucible birthing fire something.
>>
>>37257296
Canada?
>>
>>37255551
Can you give some examples?
>>
>>37254687
once the braces come off you'll feel on top of the fuckin world i tell you what lad
>>
File: shai hulud; draxmusthurt.jpg (1020 KB, 1591x843) Image search: [Google]
shai hulud; draxmusthurt.jpg
1020 KB, 1591x843
>>37257441
Almost every single person leads a forgettable existence. It's all up to chance whether or not the world remembers us. All of us here are just bros trying to become stronger, leaner, etc. for its own sake. We don't want to rule the world, we just want to rule ourselves, and too many people have tried to do the former without mastering the latter.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.