[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
poorfag healthy eating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 9
File: Food1.jpg (2 MB, 2992x2000) Image search: [Google]
Food1.jpg
2 MB, 2992x2000
ITT: we make a rough outline of what a healthy, clean, bodybuilding diet should look like for a poorfag.

we have to take into consideration both cutting and bulking.

I'll start with the obvious:
>chicken breast
>cheap fish (e.g. tuna, pangasius)
>>
>>37228320
Where I live, there are itinerant out door market place. There you can buy very ripe veggies very cheap. If you cook them in the next few days it can be a really cheap way to buy good food. Plus I end up knowing the guys so they always add free stuff.
Like yesterday I got more than 3 Kg of tomatos for 3€, 5 big ass aubergines for 1€, 5 zucchinis for 1€, the week before I got about 5~6 Kg of apple for 2€ that ended up easely conserved after all. Good to get very ripe avocado for cheap too, the fridge can keep them good for weeks!
>>
File: 1459386699526.jpg (913 KB, 1218x2643) Image search: [Google]
1459386699526.jpg
913 KB, 1218x2643
>>
I was at the grocery store today and I noticed dog food is cheap as hell, 30 cents a can, I was wondering how much protein dog food has? the label on the dog food just said "8% crude protein"

is dogmeat good for gains?
>>
File: Capture.png (21 KB, 674x357) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
21 KB, 674x357
my cut diet is pretty good imo
>>
tuna patties all day every day
>>
>>37228497
is there a version for cutting?
>>
>>37228320
forgot the obvious
>whey for dat dere cheap protein
where I live unflavoured unsweetened unbranded whey isolate is up to 2 times cheaper than ON and other name brands
soy protein is even cheaper but the quality of soy protein is debateable.

and since we've entered supplemet territory
>pure caffeine is cheap as fuck, use as preworkout, careful with the dosage
>you can make isotonic (gatorade) sports drinks by mixing bulk dextrose with rehydration salts from the farmacy (if they don't already have any sugars)

I also feel that we should also focus on what NOT to buy if you're poor.

>>37228509
sometimes I wonder if people seriously consider eating dog food... not even homeless people do that. if you're that poor you're better off buying the cheapest possbile ground meat you can find and the cheapest soy protein powder.
>>
>>37228622
shift to more vegetables and meats, with a little less carbs. eat at a deficit.

how hard is it to read packaging and limit processed or calorie dense foods?
>>
How bad is it eating bread and rice the same day? Taking in account that it's actual multi-grain bread and portion controlled (2 slices max and 1/2 cup of rice)
>>
>>37228641
my dogs been eating it for years and he is fine

would also be interested to know the calories per tin as it does not specify
>>
>>37228665
It's not. Unless you're specifically limiting carb intake for whatever reason. If that's the case you just need to monitor your total carbohydrate intake for the day.
>>
>>37228677
shitty bait
>>
>>37228677
>my dogs been eating it for years and he is fine
good argument! eat the dog food bro. I support you.
>>
>>37228677

This is why I love /fit
>>
>>37228689
to be fair seems like a good source of cheap protein
>>
Canned beans and cheap rice is not to be overlooked.
>>
>>37228729
even white bread has more than 8% protein.
>>
I can find ground beef for 1.99/lb during sales at a local grocer. I buy 10-20lbs at a time, portion it up into ziplocks or aluminum foil and freeze.

I can find boneless skinless chicken breasts for 1.99/lb every day at Walmart. I portion and freeze those, too.

I typically eat about a half pound of meat per day, which equates to about $1

My carb sources are generally dry brown rice, lentils or beans. That costs me about .30c per day.

I eat one bag of frozen broccoli and one bag of mixed vegetables per day, that costs me about $2.50

Maybe $1.50 worth of fruit and dairy per day.

So, I'm looking at around $6 per day, or about $200 per month. This nets me close to 200g of protein, and about 1,900 calories per day. It's incredibly easy to eat well on <$300 per month. Americans who claim it's cheaper to eat junkfood and McDonald's are idiots.

I literally spend more on coffee than I do on groceries.
>>
>>37228803
a bag of frozen brocolli
>>
>>37228768
My only problem with canned beans in the sodium content. I always drain them to ger rid of some of it but I heard washing them helps more. But I also heard that it might get rid of some of the nutrients in the beans. Is that true?
>>
>>37228816
Obviously I cook it first..
>>
>>37228844
No, and you can buy low sodium canned beans.

Dry beans are infinitely cheaper and simple to prepare in large batches.
>>
>>37228844
>>37228861
You can buy HUGE bags of dry beans for pretty cheap. Just soak them overnight and they are ready for use if i remember correctly
>>
>>37228925
yh and boil for 45 minutes fook that
>>
>>37228925
I never bother soaking them.

>>37228968
Lazy pleb
>>
File: chicken-breast.png (7 KB, 623x121) Image search: [Google]
chicken-breast.png
7 KB, 623x121
>>37228803
>half pound of meat per day
>200g of protein
how?
>>
Embrace eggs, I eat 4 a day
Sweet and white potatoes
Frozen chicken thighs
Canned sardines
Milk
Oats, brown rice
Dried legumes
Frozen veggies
Yogurt and cottage cheese
Check the reduces isles everyday
>>
>>37229629
because meat is the only food source that contains protein
>>
>>37229872
read his list >>37228803

I doubt he gets 130g of protein from 30cents worth of beans and lentils and 1$ worth of diary.
>>
>>37229842
Didn't you watch the vegan gain's video about eggs? Good luck dying when you're 30 you faggot.
>>
File: 1453614540199.jpg (35 KB, 484x617) Image search: [Google]
1453614540199.jpg
35 KB, 484x617
>>37229939
>>
>>37229939
I didn't but my diet is really really clean and I eat 60g+ fiber a day. Eggs also have a nice amount of micros. I'm probably fine
>>
>>37228509
Dog food is something like 200 cal per serving. It's 16% protein, so go for it, bro.
>>
>>37229919
I drink a couple whey/milk/banana shakes every day.
>>
File: doubt.jpg (19 KB, 282x415) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
19 KB, 282x415
>>37229975
>I eat 60g+ fiber a day
>>
>>37230199
500 calories of lentils contains about 70g of fiber
>>
>>37230199
>>37230214
I eat 2 kg bags of frozen mixed veggies a day, along with oats, legumes, fruit etc
>>
>>37230228
>I eat 2 kg bags of frozen mixed veggies a day, along with oats, legumes, fruit etc
that's pretty impressive t.b.h., I wish I could eat at least half of that (i.e. be able to shove that quantity down my throat). most people don't even come close to their recommended 40g so kudos to you.
>>
>>37228803
Are you me? frugal bros unite

my friends are always mad jelly of me for eating more than them while spending less money
>>
File: dfdfdf.png (20 KB, 657x330) Image search: [Google]
dfdfdf.png
20 KB, 657x330
>>37229919
seems plausible with whey
>>
>>37228575
Eggs, onions and tuna? Am I missing something?
>>
Wtf is wrong with you tards considering dogfood? Bodybuilding food is literally poverty tier food..

Eggs
Milk
Canned Tuna
Ground Beef
Chicken Thighs
Organ Meat
Beans
Lentils
Rice
Frozen Brocolli
>>
>>37233673

Peanut Butter
Canned Sardines
Cottage Cheese
Greek Yoghurt
>>
>>37233611
a little flour. some garlic if you got some. i used garlic salt and pepper.
>>
>>37229939
This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaIpaGSESO0
>>
>>37228497
Where is the pizza?
>>
>>37228434
That's cool, but it doesn't apply to thread as available to everyone
>>
>>37228641
>what not to buy

More of this, please, dehsu
>>
>>37228848
That wasn't the odd part
>>
>>37232378
Has to be this
>>
>>37233673
>organ meat

Enjoy your gout.
>>
>>37228555
Tyson is recalling a bajillion pounds of chicken m8
>>
>>37228509
I'm no expert but I've got three thoughts here -

1. Jesus fucking christ, you're utterly disgusting.

2. Ah, you're trolling. Very funny. Please god let you be trolling.

3. If anyone is considering this, dog food is probably nutritionally sound, but full of toxic shit. Bear in mind your dog can eat its own shit/the shit of other dogs, and be fine. Eat human shit and you'll be in the ER within the hour, and the prognosis won't be good.
>>
>>37236775
>hurrr frozen vegetables wtf XD
>>
File: breakfast.png (2 MB, 1436x826) Image search: [Google]
breakfast.png
2 MB, 1436x826
What are your favorite recipes for lentils?
>>
>>37237004
>heat oil in pan
>add diced onion, celery, carrots and garlic
>add a little bacon, or ham or something if you want
>cook about 5 minutes on medium heat, until onions are translucent
>add chicken stock, or some chicken boullion cubes and water
>add lentils
>add some potatoes or carrots if you want
>salt and pepper
>any other spices you want
>bring to a boil
>cover and reduce heat to simmer until done
>>
>>37237042
>>37237042
a couple of spoons of tomato paste, or a can of diced tomatoes, or both can be added, too, if you want. they're pretty versatile.
>>
>>37236893
I work in a grocery store and this requires a source m80
>>
>>37236962
incorrection
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv9vP9W_sPI
>>
>>37228320
I would honestly recommend Veganism if you're poor. Vegan food is not only ethical it's really cheap.

Oats
Black beans
Brown rice
Soy milk

Etc.

Not only that but vegan food is highly nutrient dense and low in saturated fat/cholesterol.
>>
>>37230228
I'm vegan and I barely eat a kilo of green veg, how the fuck? Are you a former fatty looking to pad your stomach for low calories?
>>
>>37228320
If you have parents who live in the country buy a quarter or a half cow and have it butchered. It's any where from 1.50-3.50 bucks per pound usually and it includes ground beef, steak cuts, roast cuts, and stewing cuts etc. shits cash. I do it at college and I have a hundred or so pounds of meat ready at all times. Just remember to wrap the meat well to prevent freezer burn.
>>
>>37237294
>not only ethical

literall find a fire and die in it so some meat eater can make use of you
>>
>>37228555
>20 oz chicken breast
Holy shit enjoy that cholesterol
>>
>>37228641
I know a guy who eats dry dog food with milk for breakfast cereal. He's been doing it every day for a long time, and he seems fine.

>>37237042
Pint o' green lentils. Couple carrots. Big onion, diced and sautéed. Couple bay leaves. Chuck in a pot with about two liters of water. Simmer for a couple hours, stir occasionally. Salt and butter to taste.

>>37228320
Mixing butter with powdered sugar, and then adding oats, makes a delicious granola-type mixture. Add milk and raisins, and it's my favorite breakfast. Pretty cheap, even in the most expensive country to live in.
>>
>>37236963
That still wasn't the odd part, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>37228641
Dog food has to be humanly edible due to people eating dog food during depression and any sort of recessions. Look it up.
>>
>>37237918
Cool story you psychopath
>>
>>37229842
woo 4 a day i eat 12-15
mann the fuck up
>>
>>37240372
welcome to 4chan
>>
>>37228320
>Spices
>Prawns
>Rice
>Eggs
>Frozen Veg
>Rice Cakes
>Anything from the discount Isle
>Whey powder

It's not hard living cheaply. I can get by on a weekly shop of about £10 give or take. It won't be exciting or interesting food but its liveable and clean.

The best thing you can do as well is make meals in bulk. Frozen veg + prawns + rice + spices eaten with the rice cakes can make a filling meal that will last you about 4-5 lunches / dinners if you use everything. The trick is not gagging by about meal 6.
>>
>>37240448
u forgot

canned beans
cottage cheese
greek yougurt if affordable
>>
>>37228497
>Cook everything in butter
Because olive oil is that expensive? Or god forbid you go for pam spray.
>>
>>37228641
>what not to buy
bread
>>
>>37228497
I see this posted on /fit/ a lot and it never ceases to make me laugh. There's nothing fit about it whatsoever except MAYBE the fact that you're getting some healthy fats with all the unhealthy ones you're eating.

>Replace the noodles with homemade full grain noodles to save money and actually gain some nutrients
>Replace the white rice with brown rice to save money and actually gain some nutrients
>If you're buying milk anyway just fucking make your own cottage cheese/yoghurts. Again, save money and gain some more nutrients
>Soup in a mug? Takes fucking 5 minutes to prepare and make at home and again, is cheaper and has more nutrients
>Cereal and sugar bars- Just remove them, the natural sugar in cranberries is more than enough for taste. Boil your own if you really want.
>Honey can be replaced with granulated sugar. It's mildly healthier in terms of sucrose:fructose and is much cheaper
>Mass gainer- defeats the purpose of saving money again
>Chicken breast- If you're bulking then why the fuck wouldn't you buy whole chickens and save money?
>Cook everything with butter- There's already plenty saturated fat in this infographic, this is retarded
>Whey protein- There's already tons of protein in this infographic, why spend MORE money for less?
>Processed tasteless pasta- Paying more for less again. Make your own pasta and noodles and save money, time and add in more nutrients.
>Processed crackers- See above
>Processed sugar- See above
>>
>>37228555
>1 vegetables
>2 fruits

Not very healthy and without vegetables it's a poor way to eat and lose weight.
>>
>>37228434
>mom knows a local farmer
>fridge is currently full of farm fresh eggs and ground beef
feels bretty gud
>>
>>37228665
>How bad is it eating bread and rice the same day?
There's nothing wrong with carbs so long as you know what you're doing. Basically avoid processed foods and refined carbs.
>Taking in account that it's actual multi-grain bread
Still processed. You want wholegrain bread and rice. Make your own and/or switch to brown rice.
>>
>>37241302
no use in the fridge
>>
>>37237294

Kill urself vegan tard
>>
>>37228320
I made these yesterday and theyre pretty delicious for hot summer days
>go to store
>buy storebrand nonfat vanilla greek yogurt
>2-3 oranges, depending on how much flavor you want
>go home
>put yogurt in bowl
>squeeze orange juice into the yogurt, more for more favor, less for less flavor
>stir
>pour into popsicle molds
freeze for a few hours and enjoy your delicious orange creamsicles
I use 3 oranges, one whole large container of yogurt, and 12 popsicle molds, so they come out to about 70 calories a pop you add in protein powder too if you want
>>
>>37228803
what do your meals look like? I want to do this but
>cooking skills
>>
I'm a poorfag student and I don't get why you niggers are so obsessed with all the meat
If you really are on a low budget the staple of your diet should be
>carbs (oats, pasta, wholegrain bread, rice)
buy this in bulk
>frozen veggies
>eggs and whey
>peanut butter
>some herbs/sauces for cooking
>dairy
meat is expensive as fuck here, I don't eat a lot of meat and it allows me to spend money on other things that I enjoy
>>
>>37241409
i enjoy meat
>>
>>37229939
>Good luck dying when you're 30 you faggot.
I've never ate an egg in my life (ever since I was a child, the small has disgusted me to the point of near sickness, kinda like that gif where the fat woman pukes upon trying to eat a sprout), am I missing something?
>>
>>37241256
>Chicken breast- If you're bulking then why the fuck wouldn't you buy whole chickens and save money?
Quicker and easier to cook? Other than that, I know of no reason to not buy a whole chicken, sadly as a student, I'm pretty much forced to eat nothing but breast. I've not figured out any methods for cooking whole chickens that are fast enough to make it worth the time and freezer space.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqtf6k03m88

There's nothing wrong with this method for oats, right?
>>
>>37241599
>take whole chicken
>put in pyrex baking tray with lid
>bit of salt, oil, water I think too
>some veg if you like
>bake
It's what my mom does. Once you learn how much it takes you just put it in the oven, set an alarm, and forget about it. Tastes like shit tho.

>>37241352
I want try this as soon as possible:
>plain greek yogurt (unflavoured because 99% of the time it has sugar)
>vanilla whey protein
>vanilla bean/flavoring if needed
>sweetener if needed
>freeze and eat with no-cal syrup
>>
>>37238222
What's odd about eating broccoli, autist?
>>
>>37241284
Are you a moron?

>4 cups of broccoli
>1 cup of onion, celery and pepper mix
>a lot of lentils
>two servings of fruit

That's a plant based diet, retard.
>>
>>37241811
>Once you learn how much it takes you just put it in the oven, set an alarm, and forget about it. Tastes like shit tho.
The biggest problem with that is that you'd cook it all at once. What if you're just cooking enough for yourself? You'd end up with far too much that way.
>>
Meat/fish/chicken + veggies + rice/potatoes/beans

There you go. Works for both cutting and bulking by using portion control.
>>
>>37243731
breast, wing, thigh and leg one day
breast, wing thigh and leg the next day
>>
I am dirt poor and I have some advice to give. Haven't really read this thread but in the past it tends to be crammed with people saying Chicken Rice and Veg which is fun for about 2 meals, just because it's not very specific. Here's how I live cheap, but manage to spice things up a bit.

Breakfast
> Go out and buy the biggest bag of non brand oats/muesli you can. I can get a kilo for a quid in Asda
> Go to the dairy isle and walk straight past the milk. Find yourself some flavoured, no fat, natural yoghurt. I don't know about you guys but by me there's always a sale on these things. The brand I get is Onken and they have enough flavours I can spice it up everyday.
> Sometimes the deals don't come through and you have to buy non flavoured. Try and hit up a fruit and Veg market. In my city you can get a plastic carrier bag full of blueberries for £1. Fill into pots and they can freeze and you can just out that in instead.
> Raid the market for cheap fruit and veg, it's the cheapest you'll find anywhere. If you can get it at closing time they are giving away the stuff practically.

Lunch: Salad edition
> Sometimes it's a bit more effective to get a whole chicken and absolutely strip it of meat. If you don't back yourself with a knife, you should be able to buy some chicken breast fillets.
> If you get sick of grilled chicken, buy yourself some rubs (Eg Peri-Peri, Jerk). They're not that healthy but they're next to nothing and last for ages and sometimes you just need to spice things up.
> Things to look for at the market are: Tomatoes, Lettuce, Olives (can be a bit tricky), Eggs, Chilli.
> Combine the veg in various ways with the grilled chicken to make a tasty salad.
> There's a brand of salad dressings which are super tasty and cheap. In Asda so they do a Lime Coriander Chilli which is ridiculously tasty and nutritionally sound. Avoid caeser dressing because it's not that healthy. Try and replace with light mayo.

Comment too long. Will post more later if interest.
>>
>>37244224
interest
>>
>>37243731
Well, he asked for a way to quickly cook a whole chicken. Also you can keep it in the fridge for 2-3 days, which admittedly would make it taste even more shit.

If you're not looking to cook a whole one, then just buy a whole chicken, separate thighs, breast, wings, and cook
>day 1: 2 thighs,
>day 2: one whole breast, 2 wings
That way you can even grill them. If the chicken is fresh you don't even need to freeze the breasts for day 2, one day in the fridge shouldn't really compromise its freshness. Put it on a plate and wrap it in cling wrap just to be safe.
>>
>>37244224
>>37244347
seconded.
>>
tfw poorfag and celiac
gettin things gluten free really fucks with the price.
>>
>>37244616
I'm curios: what exactly are the things that you need to get gluten-free? Or to put it another way, what things do you eat that normally would contain gluten?
>>
>>37244981
Sorry phone is dying. Tell you what, I'll write it all up and put it in your next /fnd/ thread. It's a bit long.
>>
>>37245436
Sure man, whenever you feel like it.
>>
>>37228555
anyone else have more suggestions on cutting diets like this?
>>
This thread deserves a bump.

What do the UK anons here do for their steelcut oats?
>>
>>37241302
>mom fucks a local farmer***
>>
>>37242232
You fucking idiot.
>>
>>37247423
I still have no fucking idea what you're riled up about.
>>
>>37241329
Solid argument senpai really showed me
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.