[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weight loss story's thread. Tell me your stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 25
Weight loss story's thread. Tell me your stories
>>
I lost 60lbs through keto and dnp
>>
>>37214157
Ate a lot less, exercised, lost 187 lbs. in less than a year.
>>
File: 1463567604575.jpg (390 KB, 1224x990) Image search: [Google]
1463567604575.jpg
390 KB, 1224x990
>be 5'7 and 200lbs after 4 years lifting
>decide to cut
>cut down to 170lbs and have a 6 pack, shreds, veins etc
>cut down even more to 160lbs and literally SHREDDED for the stage
>decide im going to maintain 160-165 at never bulk again
>1 year later
>some how got back to 185 without even noticing it
>try to start cutting again
>back at 195 because i get lazy with the cut

Now im back to 200 and i dont know what to do, I feel like im a literal Jason Genova.

These last few weeks ive begun eating less to try drop back down again to the 160s.

I don't understand how I can gain the fat back so god damn easily, it literally takes no effort to gain the weight, but FUCK loads of effort to lose.

Pic related is me AS OF TODAY: im bout 195 pounds here, 5'7.
>>
>>37214182
>>37214179
Action packed
Great read
10/10
>>
I lost weight yesterday, a beautiful plate It was...
>>
>>37214200
Maybe you're an Endomorph?
>>
>>37214200
Dude, If you are happy with your BODY right now... Try keeping it that way and not loose anything. Dont get stuck on the scale. If you look good you should be happy. I look horrible....
>>
>>37214262
Or a xenomorph
>>
Lost 110lbs over the past 8 months. Started after my dad got diagnosed with Diabetes.
Fuckthat.png
95% of my meals have been fish, chicken, vegetables, fruit, or rice and beans.
Been doing cardio
Got screened for diabetes last week actually. In the clear.
>>
New years 2015 I decided I wasn't going to waste another year being fat.
>>
>>37214300
Were you in the dangerzone before that?
>>
Any tips to stay to your diet?
>>
>>37214200
Total gilf
>>
>>37214273
I am not happy with being 5'7 195, even though I still look fine. I just look insanely good in the low 160s due to how shredded I get at that weight.

I actually do feel a lot healthier at 160s then I do in 190s as well, my asthma pretty much goes away in the 160s, so it's not just aesthetic reasons.
>>
I lost x lbs because i stopped eating as much as i did before.
>>
File: 1462573764603.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1462573764603.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>37214157
>2015
>was fatfuck at 190 lbs
>want to get in pants of high test qt
>decide to do cardio and lose weight
>do this for entire year, missed only a few days
>2016
>went from fatfuck at 190 lbs to 130 lbs skelly
>still didn't get qt gf
Bitches only care about muscles and being shredded. Thanx for teaching me that sooner rather than later /fit/. Still felt like a bitch after that rejection thought.
>>
>>37214157

I started mid October 2015 at 6' 270, smoking a pack a day and hating myself.

Eating better, lifting 3x a week and cardio 3x a week I'm down to 220 now. Seeing veins appear on my arms again and feeling stronger like I did when I played sports, good feels.

Weights are plateauing now and it gets tough sometimes after eating a deficit for this long. I'm going to keep cutting to 190 or 200 then recomp. I have a large frame and had okish lbm so I'm hoping I won't have to cut below 190 to look decent. We'll see!
>>
Lost 16lb since March from 220lb at 5'8. Been doing at least an hours exercise a day by either progressive weight training or sled pulling. I still eat whatever I want but as I've got healthier what I've wanted to eat has changed to mainly meats, fruit and vegetables. This slower rate of loss is going well, I have so much energy.
>>
>>37214319
Since his father had diabetes he was.
>>
Was a lmao 21 year old Virginia at 280 lbs

Lost 110lbs and started banging tinder sluts on the regular. 10 different hookup girls. Started to dressing to impress everyday and doing my hair everyday. Got fit as fuck and finally found a gf

10/10 would lose fat again
>>
>>37214578
Do you have many scretch marks?
>>
>>37214622
Meh . On my stomach but they're not noticeable
>>
>>37214336
Don't let yourself have any cheat meals and then all your cravings for junk will eventually go away.
Also learn to cook well and then you will start to look forward to more "clean" food that you make.
>>
>>37214157
>be me
>live in a family of orcas
>raised on shit that could have come straight out of a HAES tumblr blog
>always been fat, believe I always will be
>graduate hs at 5'8", 240 lbs
>miserable fat little shit
>work at a wood mill right out of hs
>12+ hours a day of manual labor eating at a deficit bc poorfag
>get down to 130 in a year
>discover /fit/
>ss+accessories
>at 20, 150 at ~15% bf
>by chance, run into someone I knew in hs
>"Dude, when'd you get buff?"
>"Y-you too"
>realize lifting hasn't done anything for my confidence
>enter monk mode
>emotionally tear myself apart
>remember every mistake I've made, every person that put me down, every time I considered ending it
>let all of that go
>happy for first time in my life
>more confident, make new friends
>through this, continue lifting
>now 21, 160 at 15% bf
>have friends that I would die for
>still no gf, but enjoying being single for the first time
>life is good

I still have a ways to go, but /fit/ helped me turn my life around. I love you guys, and I'll never be able to thank you enough.

No homo tho.
>>
>>37214200
Try 5x5 granny press
>>
>>37214880
>granny

thats my dad
>>
File: 1460465929382.png (1 MB, 1071x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460465929382.png
1 MB, 1071x1080
>>37214777
> enter monk mode
I'm curious how you went about this? I could sure as hell use some confidence gains meself.
>>
>>37214897
Oh shit my bad bro

5x5 dad rows
>>
Calorie deficit + lifting and cardio = weightloss
>>
>Sept 2015
>Long time gf is religious, no sex before marriage (years of bj's never gets old though)
>Going to propose
>Start running on the daily and lifting every other day
>Make pretty good gains
>Gf-->Fiancee
>Get my diet in order, down 35 pounds in 6 months
>Look fucking great
>>
>>37214157
>get married
>put on 80 pounds during course of horrible marriage
>be 31, and new divorced
>re-activate okcupid profile from before the marriage, and don't update picture
>go on date with girl.
>show up to date and girl looks horrified.
>awkward as fuck small talk, girl gets up and just walks off, without even finishing her coffee.

From that day forward, low-carb, weights 5x a week, drop 90 pounds.

never, again.
>>
>>37214991
i never understood that mentality.

how the fuck can you still consider yourself 'pure' after repeatedly getting a dick in the mouth. Granted, if she was super paranoid about pregnancy, which is legit -- then cool.

but rationalizing not having sex, but still sucking dick in terms of purity/religion is just fucking stupid.
>>
>>37215062
There were a few different reasons, Not wanting to get pregnant was a small one. Her parents and grandparents are really religious and are against birth control and aren't keen on the gynecologist either. She's not as religious and recognizes that that's all asinine, but still attends church (albeit a very progressive one that's all for the lgbtq community and such).

I've always just wrote it off as something her parents ingrained in her and wasn't worried about it.

Not gonna lie though, little nervous there might be psychological issues with sex later on
>>
File: 4months.jpg (134 KB, 561x930) Image search: [Google]
4months.jpg
134 KB, 561x930
>>37214157
>fat fuck since middle school
>ate 4 fucking pounds of sour gummy worms a week during most of junior year
>eventually stepped on a scale and saw the number start with a 3 (302.3)
>shitnigger.jpg
that was last october, i'm currently at 215; pic related is progress from the middle of january to now, which amounts to about 50 lbs
>>
>>37215713
good job bro, you look great. facial definition is coming along fine
>>
>>37215713
good progress m80

how tall are you?
>>
File: 1461535172966.gif (2 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1461535172966.gif
2 MB, 500x375
>>37214221
>>
>>37215713
Your posture got a lot better as you lost weight.
>>
File: be3[1].png (143 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
be3[1].png
143 KB, 600x700
Not quite an entire story yet, but:
>Start at 280 in January
>Down to 248 this week.

In conjunction with the strength gains, I think that's pretty good progress. I still have 70 more to go though.

Long ass road ahead. It sucks that I'll be 24 by the time I lose all this. Why didn't I do this earlier?
>>
>>37215988
think of it this way, once you're 24 you'll never disrespect yourself like that again
>>
>>37214900
Yeah I need this too.
>>
>Lose 10kg for a boxing match
>Six pack. Everything is toned and nice. For the first time in my life I look good without a shirt on.
>Won my fight and decided to take a break from boxing

2 months later and I am 10kg heavier; my six pack is not visible as it's under a layer of fat and my face looks fat, my cheekbones are gone and nothing is toned. I hate myself.

I had a break with the intention of getting back in shape after; but I can't seem to diet like I could last time. I feel hungry 24/7 and I've tried everything; even eating high protein I can knock away 3000 calories of chicken and vegetables. I've upped my carb intake, lowered my carb intake, tried drinking more water, tried drinking less water, banned foods from my life but I still can't seem to eat under my goal calories.

I found it easy living off fish and vegetables for my fight; now I could eat 2000 calories of porridge in one sitting and be peckish about 30 minutes later.
>>
Here's a lesser story than everyone else's but it makes me happy.

I started trying to lose weight and get in shape for the first time a month ago. Since then I've lost about 5 lbs and learned, in just over a week, how to count calories and eat at a 500 kcal deficit (this is hardest part of losing weight imo).

Also, I feel like this is something that I can keep up for the rest of my life.
>>
>Get a deskjob 3 years ago
>End up weighing 300lbs at 6'2
>Go to the gym and cardio
>5k on the rowing machine every day for about 2 months
>Get down to 280lbs
>Start lifting, stop doing cardio
>Weight is still 280lbs but now have pretty solid muscle in arms, legs, chest and back
Should I keep lifting or go back to cardio? I hate cardio and love to lift.
>>
>>37216943
If you love to lift then lift, and maybe 1 or 2 times a week do some cardio
>>
>>37216654

Hate to break it to you but you're most likely going to be holding yourself to that boxing standard for a long time. Coming from someone who did the same thing
>>
File: image.png (790 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
790 KB, 640x1136
>be 5'5" 155lbs, super chubby
>bf is 5'9" fat muscular but mostly fat
>bf says "never lift, do cardio only, never cut your hair, stay out of the sun so you're pale af"
>bf cheats because "he's scared and I'm too good for him" is literally what he says
>I lift, cut hair, run/bike/swim under the sun and get tan
>currently 5'6" 130, strong long legs, a little fat but I like it
>currently talking to 6'2" 210 airheaded muscle bro
I'm so stoked. I think he's talking to other chicks which is cool so he won't be clingy. He helping me with lifts too and spots me which is nice.
>>
>>37214204

Lol'd hard

Brevity really is the soul of wit
>>
File: image.jpg (379 KB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
379 KB, 2048x1366
Age 27 Vidya playing Skinnyfat 150ish pounds, made fun of people who went to the gym, alt-tabbed between /b/ and WoW Battleground ques all day every day.

Mistakenly end up on /fit/ one day. What the fuck is a Zeez. Who is this Scooby, he can't cook for shit. Why and where does everyone want Jeff Side to go?? These idiots don't know anything about fitness, I learned in PE that you gotta run and do burpees to get muscles, everyone knows that.

Read sticky.

Fast forward two years of lurking, learning, fapping, lifting, and not a single minute of cardio.

Present day, chilling on balcony, made some gains, feel confident enough in myself and my body to post progress pics. People respond nicely for the most part, decide I'll try and stick around and share the leanings and mistakes I made along my way. Change name to Grand Marshall Balconybro, or just Balconybro for short. Rank 14 namefag reporting in for duty.
>>
>>37215062
>religion
>stupid

What's your point? They believe in talking snakes and flying prophets. I'm pretty sure that anything goes at that point. Seems odd to pick on their sex rules.
>>
>>37217959
did you just lift at maintenance??
>>
>>37218058

No, I followed traditional bb'ing bulk and cut cycles. Usually bulk about 6 months, cut for 2, then repeat.
>>
File: 1279924543680.png (3 KB, 168x264) Image search: [Google]
1279924543680.png
3 KB, 168x264
>>37217470
>currently talking to a 6'2 210 airheaded muscle bro

So Chad, basically. Yeah it's cool and all and grats on your progress, but couldn't you go for a less douchey sounding guy? Maybe a 6'2" 210 smart musclebro?
>>
>>37218080
guess I better start cutting then, mirin progress tho
>>
>>37216654
Tie your sex drive to it as much as possible.
>>
>january 2016
>be a 5'4 225 pounds HAES, the whole 'yasss bitch im beautiful fat is beautiful strong legs to kill a man'
>actually deeply insecure to the point that i was afraid of cutting my hair in case of looking fatter, i hated looking at the mirror
>told my friends i wasnt shaving because feminism, actually it was because i couldnt stand caring about my body

im not good at greentext brehs

>go on vacations with senpai
>share the house with old nice german marriage
>speak to the old lady a lot
>last day comes around
>she says 'why dont you try pilates? you're too young for a body like that'

it broke my world; i was super pissed at her at first. the whole ride back home was me being fucking angry but then i realized how right she was and how deeply i was hurting myself and my body, cue a few days crying and depressed as shit. the rest is known: discover /fit/, CICO, lifting, some cardio on the side

im 172 pounds as of yesterday, im still fat but im feel so much more confident and happy with myself than ive been in years.

goal is 130 pounds and seeing my abs at least once. thank you /fit/, just... fucking thank you
>>
>>37217470

>so he won't be clingy

You mean so you'll not be more than another fuck to him before he moves on to other pussy.

But if just a fuck is all you're after go for it, just don't trick yourself into thinking daft ideas.
>>
>Hit 357 at my peak, hated my fucking life
>Started cut on Jan 18th
>1500 cal/day, walking to and from work
>Keep Google Doc of all my calories and progress
>Finally dropped below 300 today
>Still fat and still hate myself, but getting better each day.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3024x4032
>>37219357

Kudos girl. Proud of you for publicly acknowledging/admitting the truth about your former views/mindset as well. Goes to show that we're only ever seeing part of the story when we see someone with a view that conflicts with our own. Not always matter of who's right or wrong, but understanding *why* they feel that way. Opinions evolve as we evolve ourselves, gotta give people time to sort themselves out instead of shoving change down their throat. Of course extrinsic reminders from others can help trigger that change, but as the old lady did for you, there's a supportive way to do that versus a hurtful and destructive way.
>>
File: YMt6UCS.jpg (3 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
YMt6UCS.jpg
3 MB, 2432x4320
>be dating girl for 6 years now, both fatties
>every day more in love than the day before
>get the ring after we talked about it and try to figure out the perfect time
>she leaves me for someone else and tells me to move out

So in the past 4 months or so I've just ran my ass off and cleaned by diet up like crazy. I've lost some weight but it's never enough and I don't feel like I can stop until I'm finally good enough, which is never. I want to double what I've lost before I start trying to add more muscle. I love making 0 gains in 3 months of lifting because 1000kcal deficit with cardio included.Maybe someday I'll outrun the pain.
>>
>>37215713
Holy shit. Great progress. Awesome facial gains. Your cheekbones are way more visible now. It's scary how being fat hides what people are supposed to really look like.
>>
>>37220339
>falling for the marriage meme

lmao. but hey man that's good. it's gonna be a good year for you
>>
>>37220339
What a cunt your ex is. Nice progress though. How tall are you and what's the diet like, besides eating at a deficit?
>>
>>37220339

I lost the one I loved too my friend. Been a long road since then but on many occasions i've summoned that disappointment in the gym to help motivate me into becoming the best possible version of myself that I can be. Bottle it like a pre-workout and use that shit when you need that spark.
>>
>>37220451

I'm 6'4. Eat extremely clean. Brown rice or potatoes for carbs with a little salt and butter. Mostly all fish and chicken breast for meat. Lots of veggies. Every single day. Doesn't even bother me. I got fat out of eating shit out of laziness of not wanting to cook.
>>
Why not just let yourselves die since you are already fat?
>>
>>37220339
Damn man solid progress. Keep going
>>
>>37214434
>cardio all year long
>not a shred of strength training
You did this to yourself
>>
>January almost 300lbs
>finally realized that I was too fucking fat
>decided to stop drinking soda and eating at night
>only drink coffee and read Manga at night while at work
>one meal a day only in the morning
>after a month I lost 25lbs
>February I started cutting. Only 1200cals a day, sometimes less.
>lost almost 40lbs
>in March I lost 15lbs
>April comes
>I get a gym membership
>I lost another 20lbs by the end of the month
>May
>finally reach 200lbs
>By mid May I had lost another 10 lbs
>Currently I just hit the 180s
>Trying to go down to 175lbs

Will I make it?
>>
OK

>got more fat than i needed to during bulk
>ate at 500 calorie deficit, not too many carbs, plenty protein and strength trained
>lost the fat

simple as that
>>
>>37221041
Yes.
>>
>>37220294
Thanks man. The fact that she was so kind and honestly wanted me to be a better version of myself hit a nerve that i didnt even knew i had, and saying 'wow, i was so wrong' was probably as difficult as it was to actually get my shit together.

The sad thing is, i know what goes on in the minds of the HAES crowd and it mostly is trying to find a reason to wake up in the morning because they honestly think they'll never make it, that they will stay that way the rest of their life. I've been there, and its sad.

But as you said, everyone has to sort themselves out. It aint nice to see people hurting themselves like that, but sometimes all you can do is wait and give them time. ily my guy
>>
>>37214200

Maybe you're an Animorph bro
>>
Fat people are just animals.
>>
>>37214200
It's coz ur getting older.
>>
File: 1458090077109.jpg (104 KB, 1300x957) Image search: [Google]
1458090077109.jpg
104 KB, 1300x957
>>37221471
Before I dun got fit, I didn't give a fuck about how people looked and lived.

Now I see fat cunts walking the streets stuffing their face with junk and "Diet" Coke and I want to smash them in the fucking face. Not to save them but to get them in the ground faster. Fat pieces of fucking shit.
>>
File: man in the glass.jpg (815 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
man in the glass.jpg
815 KB, 1000x1333
>>37221041

"Making it" isn't a destination homeboy. Every day that you are pushing towards your goal, you are literally making it. You are making that future.

Simply put, yes, you ARE making it.
>>
File: sexy star.png (569 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
sexy star.png
569 KB, 960x540
>>37214157
>gf breaks up with me after 2 years of intermittent long distance
>"has feelings for someone else" 3 days later
>this probably means I got cheated on
>get prompted to workout and diet for the first time in my life
>drop from 65kg to 55kg, almost finishing my cut, hopefully will see my abs soon

her new bf turned her vegan so now I hate vegans.
>>
>>37215713
bro your ass looks so fucking weird in the before picture.

congratulations though, you are handsome as fuck which will go well together with your progress.
>>
File: reverse.png (2 MB, 3352x4032) Image search: [Google]
reverse.png
2 MB, 3352x4032
This isn't my first time getting /fit/. After college I lost about 40 lbs and started doing triathlons. I accomplished my goal of completing a half-ironman and was feeling pretty good.

Then some personal stuff happened (death in the family, changed jobs, moved cities, relationship ended) and fitness started taking a backseat. I ballooned up to 265lbs at 6'0" in August 2015. I was tired of being disgusted with myself and wanted to get back to where I was. Easter 2016 I was 225 lbs and today I'm at 212. Progress has been kinda slow, but it feels good to see the numbers on the scale go down and I don't feel like a waste of life anymore
>>
File: 50 trump.jpg (62 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
50 trump.jpg
62 KB, 640x640
>>37221715
>tfw when you can see ab definition right from the thumbnail
>>
>>37221729
mirin' your 2012 ottermode, bro
>>
>>37221726
If you turned his torso 180 degrees his ass would make it look like he had a boner
>>
>>37221771
exactly, like wtf
>>
>>37221715
55kg? Lmfao have you even been lifting during that time? You seriously won't look good at 55kg even if you have abs. Bulk up, go on a proper routine, then cut you idiot. I can see my abs a bit but you can tell there's fat covering them, it's just because my abs or really strong that you can see them. You need abs muscles,
>>
File: image.jpg (588 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
588 KB, 2048x2048
6'2 here

Mine was a because of a girl (cliche af). I won't go Into detail but she was a cheating fuckwit and I'd drank and ate to ignore the manipulation.

115kgs at heaviest I'm at 88kgs now

I still battle my self and mind most days and lack a lot of confidence but each day is a better one
>>
>>37215713
Sometimes I wish I was really fat to see that much of a drastic change. I started my diet at the end of December and have lost 30lbs since then. I'm 6'2" and I weighed 218lbs when I started. Nobody notices anything different about me.
>>
>>37214991
>>37215144

Unfortunately it will.
Do not skip marriage counseling, try seeing someone who is religious but can discuss sex without getting high on Jesus.
>Psychiatrist
>>
>>37215144
>>37221865

Sorry
*Pre-marital counseling
>>
File: the legend of the ass shelf.jpg (9 KB, 190x204) Image search: [Google]
the legend of the ass shelf.jpg
9 KB, 190x204
>>37221789
it was an oddly placed fold in my boxers, i swear
>>
>>37221807
mirin. Diet? Routine?
>>
>>37214578
Got any progress pics? Was loose skin a problem for you?
>>
>>37221807

Big time mirin progress. Making it.
>>
File: 1422802459743.gif (2 MB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1422802459743.gif
2 MB, 600x600
>>37214157

I've got one, a long one so bare with me.

>My Mother's Mother and Father's Brother both pass away in the same year
>My Grandmother was my Mom's best friend - they'd talk on the phone for at least 2 hours every day
>My Uncle was my Dad's best friend - and also his business partner in a half a dozen ventures
>At age 8, my family basically explodes
>My Mom in her depression stops cooking for the family
>Fast food nearly twice a day
>325 pounds at age 13
>375 at 18
>430 at 22
>Everyone in my immediate family had always been extremely fat, most of extended family is also fat - I bought into the genetics bullshit without a second thought
>The summer between Junior and Senior year of college I discover /fit/
>Start simple - walk more, count calories
>A few months later down to 390
>By graduation I'm down to 330 - 100 pounds in about 10 months
>Get down to 6'3" 280
>Start training martial arts - always a dream of mine
>Preparing to go to graduate school for Logic and Philosophy of Science
>Preparing for school by studying Many World's Formulation of Quantum Mechanics/Differential Geometry/String Theory/etc
>Start to delve into metaphysics
>Add philosophy/theology/sacred geometry/dream yoga/Hermeticism to my work-load
>Down to 260 life is looking like it's going to be fantastic
>Develop schizophrenia
>Things start falling apart
>Application for graduate school declined
>Can't go out and be around people without hallucinating - drop out of martial arts
>At least I can still lift
>Weights are going up and weight is stable
>Working in the family restaurant to help out and not be a complete and total burden
>One night I decided to get too drunk to drown my sorrows
>Vanquished a bottle of 151 by my lonesome
>Friends pick me up
>Pyschotic break in the car
>Do a barrel roll
>My ukemi was rusty
>Completely destroy my shoulder
>Absolutely fucked - can't even move the bar without agonizing pain
>Fall deep into depression
>Eat my way back up to 375 pounds
>Give up

Cont.
>>
>>37222326
More more please
>>
>>37222326

>Every time I find the motivation to lift after a month or so something snaps
>Can't stick with any kind of diet - food is my only comfort
>December 2014 my Mom asks me if I'd like any gifts for the holidays
>We stopped doing Christmas a decade ago, though we exchange gifts with one another on the Epiphany
>Realize in all of my studying I never took a look at the Bhagavad Gita
>Just tell her I'd like a few books
>Fast forward to January 1st 2015
>Though the store is closed, I head up to do inventory/prep the dough
>When I get into the store there's a brand new copy of the Bhagavad Gita sitting right on the counter top
>Smile for the first time in a while and call up my Mum
>"Nice joke, setting the Bhagavad Gita here"
>"The Bhaga-what?"
>I realized then I never actually told her what books I wanted
>Confused, call the employees
>"Hey, who left their book at the store?"
>It doesn't belong to any of them
>"Well, who left it? You had to have seen them, it was sitting right on the front counter. It's a bright orange book..."
>Neither of them saw an orange book when they closed up the store the night before
>Really shaken up
>Realize that in all of the madness I trudged through there was actually something there
>Slowly claw my way out of depression
>Through meditation find a way to manage my schizophrenia - become functional in the 'real' world again
>Start lifting again - working through pain rather than giving up
>Lifts nearly where they were before I jumped out of a car
>Currently at 253 pounds - the lightest I've been since the 7th grade
>Feeling joy for the first time in 3 years

We can all make it, brothers.
>>
>>37222443
Love and light bud. You're doing it.
>>
>>37221792
I have been working out, yes. Also I'm a manlet so I have a belly at 55kg.
>>
>>37217470
>currently 5'6" 130, strong long legs, a little fat but I like it

High Test confirmed. Never change.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 348x195) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 348x195
>>37219357
>>
>>37221743
anon..
>>
>be 325
>typical social anxiety no friends except pity church friends which I end up losing anyway due to said social anxieties and misups
>decide to lose weigh to maybe become more popular or have a better life and self confidence
>2 years of nearly killing myself with a diet and exercise with no gym or anything
>currently 170
>now in gym and running 5.5 miles a day and lift heavy 5 days a week
>no one told me about loose skin :(

Seems like a cruel joke. I mean Im lifting so Im ok with my chest and arms, but my stomach and hips look awful. Maybe if I drop to 160 it will be ok... right? I just ned to keep cutting and it will be ok, right? Please?
>>
File: 1448034767501.jpg (68 KB, 400x395) Image search: [Google]
1448034767501.jpg
68 KB, 400x395
>>37224358
S U R G E R Y
U
R
G
E
R
Y
>>
>>37224371

But... thats not fair
>>
>>37224377
Life isnt fair, if it was, you would have have gotten fat in the first place.
But we persevere regardless, save up the money, lift weights and get the surgery eventually.
>>
>>37225402
would have never have gotten fat*
>>
>>37224377
it is fair
you ruined your body, so you must double pay, the sport and the surgery
you fat fuck
>>
just starting out but
>always been overweight
>5'6" ~160lbs
>third year of uni
>suddenly massive depression
>for two years i do nothing but eat, sleep and shitpost in bed
>manage to go to maybe 20% of classes
>fail
>209lbs
>ugly
>no education
>no social skills
>no job
>family hates me
>decide I should off myself
>no balls
>forced to fix life instead
>down to 187lbs
>don't see any change but hunger feels like an accomplishment at this point
>55lbs to go

we'll see
>>
>>37215713
Keep going lad you'll make it for sure
>>
>>37214897
Why is your dad wearing a dress and heels?
>>
>>37221041
We're all gonna make it
>>
>>37221792
he's probably a manlet senpai
>>
>Always be chubby as a child
>only activities I did was playing video games
>Never got any girls in my younger years
>Had few friends because I was socially awkward
>start high school
>Try to start over my life
>Decide enough is enough, start working out in the gym several times per week
>Lose weight, gain muscles
>Become more confident
>Gets social and find lots of new friends
>Been working out tirelessly since high school
>Last year in uni
>Have lots of friends, girls mire, have hobbies I love, parents and family proud of me

Lifting and losing weight gave me confidence to change my life into the better!
>>
File: Odlot_zurawi_2.jpg (99 KB, 800x601) Image search: [Google]
Odlot_zurawi_2.jpg
99 KB, 800x601
>>37214157
>be fit teen, lifeguard, 6'0"
>get dumped by sloot grill, get depressed and stop working out
>be 295 lbs 5 years later
>ohshit.jpg
>2 months later, be 266.8 lbs.
>swim with my shirt off, stretch marks and all, because I don't give a fuck anymore
>eating 2300 calories on active days, 2100 on inactive days, maintenance calories 3200.
>swim 25 laps a day, 5 days a week, strength training 3 days a week.
... w-will I make it bros?
>>
>>37214157
lost 25lbs went from 185 to 160.
>>
>>37230743
Sounds like it, yeah
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.