[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Non-smokers and smokers' rights
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6
File: nosmoking.jpg (20 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
nosmoking.jpg
20 KB, 480x480
Some questions for non-smokers here...

How do you feel about people who smoke (tobacco in particular)? Do you think they're making a bad health choice? Do you think they should have the right to smoke if they want to? Should they be prohibited from smoking in certain areas?
>>
I think you should fuck off with your smoke youre forcing me to breathe your shit
>>
>>37185099
>How do you feel about people who smoke (tobacco in particular)?
Don't give a shit about random people.

>Do you think they're making a bad health choice?
Obviously.

>Do you think they should have the right to smoke if they want to?
Yeah.

>Should they be prohibited from smoking in certain areas?
Yes, I think they shouldn't be aloud to smoke in areas that are not well ventilated.
>>
They're retards

Shouldn't be banned

Should be prohibited in places where people eat
>>
Don't care if you smoke. It's not good for you and shouldn't be done in indoor public areas or high density outdoor areas(stadiums and the like).

I enjoy a few cigars a year.
>>
smoking is an absolutely retarded thing to do and if i walk past someone doing it i know automatically that they aren't too bright
>>
File: f0kY88i.jpg (6 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
f0kY88i.jpg
6 KB, 260x194
I don't care, as long you don't blow your fucking smoke to my face.
Duh, yes.
Yeah whatever it's their lungs they're fucking up anyway.
Yes.
Seriously if you're a smoker just off yourself already, you're slowly killing yourself anyway, better do it quick.
>>
>>37185207
Every breath you take is slowly killing you, literally

BanOxygen2k16
>>
>>37185099
> Do you think they're making a bad health choice?

You should feel ashamed for yourself for asking such a fucking stupid question.
>>
>>37185262

Then I should stop buying those two packs of oxygen sticks each day
>>
>>37185262
> smoker logic
>>
>>37185262
Muh oxygen
>>
>>37185262
Nice strawman fucktard
>>
I believe in individual freedom and education. All drugs should be legalized and properly controlled. Society should properly educate its young on the effects of drugs and let them decide for themselves (none of this fear mongering, one sided DARE bullshit). Addiction should be treated as an illness and there should be more studies done on drug rehabilitation.
>>
>>37185344

You know I was asking non-smokers, right?
>>
>>37185292
>>37185296
>>37185312

>raves about antioxidants and their health benefits
>mocks a statement on the toxicity of oxygen

Smoking is no doubt extremely unhealthy, but it is a fact that oxygen is a poison as well. It takes a low level of intellect to outright dismiss a comment pointing out the absurdity of life and health and miss the joke.
>>
>>37185356
ive quit smoking 2 months ago. does that count?
>>
I think that smoking is unhealthy, that the people who smoke likely struggle dealing with stress and are unhappy with their lives, thought that pretty much describes most people.

They should be able to smoke if they wanted to. I don't think that smoking should face federal regulation. Businesses should decide if they allow smoking or not, but if I am going to choose a place to be, I'm going to go with a place that doesn't have smoking in it.
>>
>>37185367

So far.
>>
im in pharmacy school, and pharmacy school kind of made me aware of the long-term consequences of smoking, so when people come in with COPD after being on 2 packs a day for 30 years and then die a terrible death because they are losing 5 percent of their lung capacity every year until they literally cannot get oxygen to tissues and are hypoxic and have expansive hearts, then its hard for me to be like "lol do you bro", like fuck if only people knew where it would get them one day. I always think that the best education about smoking cessation would be to teach people about COPD because then no one would smoke anymore lol.
>>
They can smoke all they want, but they can do it far away from me. Smoking bans in public and confined spaces are absolutely the right thing.
>>
>>37185358
Yeah dumbass I know that already. Thing is you need oxygen to live.
Do you need to smoke in order to stay alive? No.
Are you damaging others by breathing? No.
Enjoy your cancer but stay the fuck away from me.
Everything can kill you, I know that, but that doesn't make your argument any less stupid.
>>
>>37185099
I heard smoking increases testosterone. That could be bullshit
>>
Now is the easiest time to stop smoking than ever. Cigarettes are expensive, fewer people than ever are smoking them, and you can use an e cigarette to replace the nicotine when you kick the fags. If you continue smoking, you are a fucking mug.
>>
File: 1460994507026.png (799 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1460994507026.png
799 KB, 640x1136
Every single smoker I know is obese.
The same excuses they use for their weight they use on their smoking habits.

There are laws against killing them with fire :(
>>
>>37185099

People are free to smoke if they want too, i'm not going to have a quarrel with anyone for that.

But, i seriously think it's a bit ignorant to continue smoking given the baffling number of cons > pros that everybody especially smokers are very aware of.

Prohibiting smoking will just make people treat it as pot. Its not gonna stop it it will just create a subculture. It would be a stupid decision.

If they want to, sure. It's an ignorant decision, but hey. If a person wants to screw himself up in his right mind let him.
>>
>>37185441
I feel like it wouldnt have nearly the same amount of people joining it. Who do you hear dying to try smoking? People probably just wouldnt bother
>>
>>37185432
>Every single smoker I know is obese.

Really? Most smokers I know are thinner than the average population. But most of the smokers I know are wealthy and/or well educated but in stressful lives and jobs. I think there is the low class "Imma be me" and the wealthy "fuck it worse things can happen" types.
>>
>people who smoke get extra breaks at work
>>
>>37185432
>>37185519
I can attest to both.

I've worked as an EMT in lower income areas and fat obese inactive people smoke or cant smoke because they have copd.

This is coming from an active smoker as well. I lift 3x a week. 189 @ 5'9 ~18%bf

It gives me some me time. Turn off my sympathetic nerve system being a combat veteran.
>>
>>37185099
>right to kill self and others so that tobacco jews can keep making dollars
sorry anon gonna have to disagree with you on that one
plus it's fucking disgusting
>>
>>37185553
Which nation and where did you get to go?
>>
>>37185580
merica
infantry
iraq 04
>>
>>37185367
congrats thats the hardest time, keep it up
>>
>>37185615
Thanks for the rapefugees nigger.
>>
>>37185099
They can do what they want

Yes

Yes

In buildings and closed spaces.

I really don't give a shit about smoke.
>>
>>37185122
im being honest here when i say for such an intelligent person with balanced opinions the fact that you spelled allowed "aloud" confuses me.
>>
>>37185640
good, it was bound to happen one way or another.
Western ideology has been weakened by progressivism. it is the final step into being reborn midst the chaos.
>>
>>37185099
Smoking is bad, no one believes otherwise.
I smoke a half a pack a day.
For no reason, just decided I was going to quit last Christmas.
Plan on cold turkey at June.
I don't really care if others smoke.
I fuck a lot of loose girls who smoke so it's a win for me.
>>
File: north wall.jpg (189 KB, 748x615) Image search: [Google]
north wall.jpg
189 KB, 748x615

I don't care if they do, I won't judge them for it. But in my experience, it's typically trashy people who smoke. That is to say, if I found out someone smokes, I won't think less of them for it, but the trend seems to be that I find out someone is a smoker after I've figured that they're pretty trashy.

Of fucking course. You would have to be a retard not to think that.

As long as we keep letting fat people be fat, we should let smokers smoke, and drug users use drugs etc etc etc. I have a pretty all-or-nothing view on the government stepping in on peoples personal health choices (although I would prefer they just butt out completely) they should either enforce healthy choices by tax benefits/credits for healthy people, or they should just say "fuck it, kill yourselves, we don't give a fuck". The fact that they pick and choose what lifestyle choices are an acceptable way to kill yourself seems arbitrary and moronic to me.

"Certain" is way too general. My city has recently banned it in parks, which to me seems fucking stupid. I also believe that businesses should have the right to choose if their clientele are allowed to smoke in their establishment or not.

Of course, public indoor places should be no smoking area, but by in large, I don't give a fuck. For some odd reason, I love the smell of cigarettes, but I can't stand smoking them.
>>
>>37185099
I've been smoke free for about five months now. I think people who smoke are vain and do it for image. As far as the psychoactive chemicals go there are a lot of smokeless alternatives that are just as effective, healthier, and don't make you smell like shit.

Obviously it's bad for your health. It's been several months since I last smoked and I still cough up black gunk, I still sometimes have shortness of breath, and just today I had a craving. Even after you've given up you still have increased likelihood of CVD and lung cancer for a decade, sometimes two.

People should have the right to smoke. It's their body.

Of course it should be prohibited in certain areas. Like hospitals, or petrol stations. People should be able to smoke in their homes, and owners should be able to decide whether to allow smoking at their place of business.
>>
>>37185432
>>37185553
>American reality
Meanwhile, in normal reality, smoking makes you lose weight. Which is why all models, oly lifters, gymnasts, etc smoke.
>>
>>37185698
this man understands freedom and personal responsibility.
>>
>>37185698
Im a smoker and I like you.
>>
>>37185698
>My city has recently banned it in parks, which to me seems fucking stupid.

It's not. You shouldn't expect the public to cater to something that's not in their interest.
>>
>>37185713
it does suppress your appetite a bit yes.
but we're talking about people that just don't give a fuck about what they put into their mouths
>>
>>37185726
>cater to

You are the worst kind of faggot
>>
>>37185739
>You are the worst kind of faggot

Nice argument dickhead.

Should taxpayers allow you to share needles at parks too you fuckwit?
>>
>>37185767
No, but you need to learn that not outlawing the actions you disagree with is not the same as supporting the actions that you disagree with.
>>
File: disbelief.jpg (75 KB, 439x475) Image search: [Google]
disbelief.jpg
75 KB, 439x475
>>37185726

How is anyone catering to smokers by letting them smoke in a large, outdoor space?

Almost all of the smoke is dissipated if you stand just a few feet away from them. There's no reason that you have to walk right up beside the person smoking and start complaining about the air quality.

I'm allergic to a lot of commercial perfumes, they make me sneeze like fucking crazy and make my eyes water. I've never once complained to some old woman who is in the middle of menopause about how much perfume she's put on, and why the fuck would I?

It's just a smell. Yes, it's a smell that bothers me, but in a minute or so I won't have to smell it anymore. If I really don't like it, I always have the luxury of walking away from the offending odor.
>>
>>37185358
Oxidation doesn't necessarily involve oxygen
>>
I dont care. You are the one fucking up your health, its your choice, live with the consequences.

Of course they do...but i dont care about it.

No, there are certain situations where its just not right.

Yes obviously. I dont want to eat and inhale disgusting smoke in the mean-while.
I dont want my furniture to smell like shit.

I had this one fucker who was closing the windows and smoking cigs every 5 minutes when we were driving together in a car.
You might not realize it, but non-smokers get fucking headaches and dizzy when they inhale too much smoke.

I hate when people smoke, but i dont care about them aslong as they keep their disgusting shit out of my way.
>>
>>37185262
>the difference in your body after 1 year of breathing
Vs
>the difference in your body after smoking for a year
>>
>>37185423
If anything it would decrease
>>
>>37185099
In countries with public healthcare, smokers actually save the public money. They die sooner from less preventable and treatable illness, and they pay a regular additional tax that goes directly into the health care fund in many countries each time they buy tobacco.
With that in mind, I'm happy we have smokers, as long as they respect my right not to inhale tobacco smoke.
>>
>>37185099
They have the right to indulge in any vice they wish without any conceited collectivist dickhead who thinks they know what's good for you or anyone else to try and stop you.

But your rights end when you yourself are being a dickhead to others. You wouldn't tolerate drunk fucks at Walmart, or unbathing lardass social retards trying to magical realm up your pretend-elf game of murder-hobo +5 vorpal, or niggers blasting hip hop from boom boxes all hours of the night in your hood, so why should we put up with you blowing smoke up our asses?
>>
>>37185099
Ambivalent, just keep it the fuck away from me

Seriously? Science?

Sure, if I have the right to punch them in the face. Seriously though they should be allowed.

Absolutely and it should be enforced. Fat fucks at my work congregate around the door even though it's illegal and every time the door opens it blows in and triggers me.
Boss never enforces the 10m law because he's the prime culprit

I ride motorbikes and theres nothing worse than being stuck in traffic next to some landwhale pulling a half pack of winnie blues.

I hope they keep increasing the tax until the fuckers are just priced out of the market. And the ones who choose to still smoke are at least paying for the burden they place on the health care system.
>>
>>37187161
And how many of them actually respect that right?
>>
>>37185423
It does. 10-20%, also stimulates release of GH. Avoid FSC cigs and you're fine.
>>
>>37185806
>non-smokers are only mad about the smell
lol
>>
Fuck nonsmoker's and their safe space there is courtesy but the scapegoating and ostracizing of smokers is more overstated superstitious voodoo than scientific. Smoking bans haven't prevented any deaths. Less harmful cigarettes were never developed here like in other countries because the anti smokers make a stink about it and let more needless pain become a thing.
>>
>>37187266
In my country and my province, the only time it's ever a problem is in the pub street late at night on the weekends and Thursdays. I understand it's not the same everywhere, though, but in normal daily life where I live, smokers typically respect no smoking areas and do not congregate in an unavoidable group immediately outside of entrances.
>>
>>37187256
I used to smoke...a lot, and i always said they should keep raising the price. The truth is that most smokers want to quit, they are just addicted. If they would have simply priced me out, i would have had to use chantix to quit.

At this point i wish they would do the same with alchohol. I love drinking, but i woukd have no problem quiting if it was 100 bucks a bottle for the cheqp stuff. The only reason i drink when i am bored is because it is cheap as shit.
>>
File: 032008smoking1.jpg (23 KB, 531x280) Image search: [Google]
032008smoking1.jpg
23 KB, 531x280
>>37187560
Those taxes are regressive and take mostly from the poors. I van understand your logic but they die in a way that makes pensions stable and behind closed doors everyone is alright with that.
>>
I don't mind a menthol spirit here and there but a pack lasts me over a month. I need to keep it in a container to keep them fresh and under my car seat in florida is a dank nig humidor. Regular tobacco is whatever but the shit they spray on American cigarettes is unbelievable. Would never smoke a marlboro or anything not American spirit esque.
>>
>>37187560
What do you think of OP's question as a fellow former smoker? I'm completely done with it, never touching, but the cravings are still real. I see someone smoking I can sympathize them for having one, but ideally I'd prefer if they weren't smoking because it does bring back the temptations in me.
Was very polite when I was a smoker. Hated the guilt. I would go out of my way to not smoke near people, it was like a ritual to go somewhere moderately secluded so I can enjoy it peacefully. I do think smokers in general should be more mindful and considerate about the public indulgence.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.