[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dad feels thread? I'll start with some OC. (1/2) >My
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 13687959351629.jpg (185 KB, 1579x800) Image search: [Google]
13687959351629.jpg
185 KB, 1579x800
Dad feels thread? I'll start with some OC.

(1/2)

>My father is a very successful man, local politician, well known and liked in the community.
>He was pretty swole too back in the day too.
>I'm his only child, his pride and joy.
>Saw me as much as he could after the divorce.
>When I was young he was able to carry me around like I didn't weigh anything.
>I thought he was the strongest guy around.
>I wasn't like him though. I was always shy and bad at sports.
>Dad always tried to get me to be a more outgoing and athletic person.
>Instead I spent most of my teenage years playing vidya in the basement.
>He still always said he was proud of me.
>When I was about 14 he started to develop a drinking problem.
>By the time I moved away for college his alcoholism was starting to impact his professional life.
>Meanwhile at college I picked up a new sport and stuck with it.
>I gradually became more serious about fitness to cross train for my sport.
>Went from 5'11" 115lb as a freshman to 5'11" 160lb as a senior.
>He lived pretty close to my University, so I would come visit every month or so.
>Every time I came home he's in worse shape than the last time I saw him.
>He would always drunkenly remark how happy he was that I was getting /fit/ though.
>"T-thanks dad."
>Eventually I graduate and move 5 hours away to start my career.
>Can't come to visit as often, but still talk on the phone every week or two for 2-3 minutes at a time.
>"I miss ya, bud".
>He sounds worse each time we talk.
>His drinking habit has cost him nearly everything over the past decade. Now his health is deteriorating quickly.
>In spite of this he refuses medical care, because he's afraid of being confined to a hospital.
>>
>>37079050
(2/2)

>One day I get a phone call. He has come to his senses.
>He will agree to go to a doctor, but only if I take him.
>Drive all the way home to find my father collapsed on the ground, convulsing, coughing up blood, a shell of a man.
>My training has prepared me for this moment.
>I cradle my father, deadlift him, and carry him out of the house. Something I never would have been able to do 6 years ago when I left.
>Probably still the most physically demanding thing I've ever done.
>He changes his mind, doesn't want to go to the doctor now.
>My father is crying in my arms.
>"I'm not going, I'm not going."
>"I'm getting you help, dad."
>Set him down in the back of my car.
>He goes dark, unresponsive.
>Speed to the hospital, but not fast enough.
>I couldn't get him help in time.

I hope I made you proud, dad.
>>
>>37079053
Heart breaking story bro. You're doing good.
>>
>father is 58
>did a barbell squat the first time in his life last week

He's gonna make it, brehs.
>>
>>37079189

We're all gonna make it brah. Dads included.
>>
>>37079053
Keep it up man. You made him proud.
>>
>go to club
>meet 6'1 German girl and my opening line was "hey who's taller?"
>I'm taller by an inch
>we talk and dance all night
>the club is closing so I ask her for her number and get it
>we go for a walk and I sneak her into a construction site in the city and we explore
>laugh and talk until 4 am

Texted her today and she says it won't work out

Feels bad man
>>
>>37079334

>tfw no Germanic amazon gf
>>
>>37079334
No way

You sound like youre gonna make it OP
>>
>dad played football in high school
>wanted to be a pro player (played guard and tackle)
>was yoked at 6-1, 280lbs his senior year
>got no scholarship offers
>got a job at walmart, met my mom
>gets a job with a national chemical manufacturer working rotating 12 hour shifts either in a control room or running flights of stairs all day
>he's been doing it since before I was born
>tfw I'm a disappointment
>24yo, 5-9 173lbs (been working my way down from 223lbs after realizing how fat I was)
>we don't agree on anything politically, religiously, etc
>I had a kid in high school bc I believed her mom when she said she was on the pill when I lost my virginity
>got custody of the kid tho
>wasted their college savings on a lib arts degree with no applications around here
>finally starting to get my shit together so we can move out, I can get a second job to help support us while I go back to school for something useful
>tfw mom says he's proud of me but I know he's not
>>
>>37079053
shit dogg
>>
fuck anon that sucks.
mine does no way compare to that but its just me and my dad since mum left when i was ten. we're a working class family of two really close knit.
i told him i was a homo last year and i think it broke his heart.. he wasn't angry but he's been depressed ever since
he jokingly said that maybe its for the best and that i won't have to deal with women leaving me, a few months back

i don't like it either dad i would be normal if i could. ive tried to all my life desu but its not going away. sorry dad
>>
File: 1323732210796.jpg (60 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1323732210796.jpg
60 KB, 400x600
>>37079632

>tfw you disappoint your father and there's nothing you can do about it
>>
File: 1458889780397.jpg (99 KB, 838x640) Image search: [Google]
1458889780397.jpg
99 KB, 838x640
>>37079050
>be me
>dad leaves my mom and I when I'm 1.5 years of age
>my mom steps up and works her butt off to spoil me and give me everything I want in life
>never had the desire to meet my dad
>only wish I had a more masculine role model in my life because I'm 25 and weak/somewhat out of shape
>working my ass off now so one day I will be a dad whose son will grow up to be a poster in height/face/frame threads

I also wish I had a father to take cool pics like pic related
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.