[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone on /fit/ have PTSD? If so, why? No faggy tumblr shit,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 420BlazeIt.jpg (67 KB, 827x960) Image search: [Google]
420BlazeIt.jpg
67 KB, 827x960
Anyone on /fit/ have PTSD?

If so, why?

No faggy tumblr shit, I mean people who have really been through violence, abuse etc.

I lift partly because it's one thing to get me out of the house so I don't just hole up in my house all day alternating between peeping between the blinds and shitposting.

It's been bad lately, 5 am and I haven't slept a wink. Make me feel like I'm not alone, I'd really appreciate it.
>>
You'll be alright, stop using drugs since they are no longer fun. If it's a habit then stop.
>>
Technically I probably do, yeah

Weird sexual abuse stuff from when I was like little which I don't remember, but I just remember times shortly after and how I was acting - it's hard to have closure when you don't remember though hmm

Anyway I'm basically symptomless now so I wanna give you some advice.

What helps:
>lifting
this will help you have self confidence and care about yourself. It will also make sleeping and eating enough easier. Exercise in general is good
>getting out of the house
>lame af "good vibe" shit
It's actually good to have candles, incense or whatever on hand
>studying or working
it's so important to have a sense of purpose and something to calm you down in panic attack times
>support networks
people to talk to, whether it be online, a friend, parents, whatever like you cannot keep that shit inside. You dont even have to talk to them, but knowing they would listen is enough

What doesn't help:
>self destruction
smoking, drugs, alcohol, self harm etc
you think they do, but self care and self love is vastly superior and those things will limit the sense of self worth you have

It's rare I help someone on here but I know it's tough and no one deserves to have to deal with PTSD. Good luck. You're gonna make it
>>
>>37020536

thank you bro. I will save this. I will get after your suggestions, some "lame af good vibe shit" sounds pretty nice.
>>
I do due to a difficult upbringing with the loss of a parent, illness etc. The things listed this thread help.

Lifting and self improvement like meditation and focusing on all round health helped a lot. But got sick with some flu and fell out of the good place was in. I trained daily and had huge life improvements.

But while ill got into a bad place mentally and developed a LoL habit. Right now in a bad place.
>>
Go away bloho reptillian
>>
>>37020454
I have read recent studies that MDMA in low doses helps.

>http://www.mdmaptsd.org/
>>
File: FB_IMG_1461446977852.jpg (30 KB, 640x406) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1461446977852.jpg
30 KB, 640x406
I have ptsd. It's a side diagnosis for my "main" diagnosis. I'm a survivor of prolonged (from birth till I ran at 17) child abuse, neglect and sexual abuse. I've been through some rough SHIT.

I find it hard to /fit/ usually. I lift three times a week but I haven't been sticking to the schedule, my physical disabilities (that also come from the neglect) are usually a hindrance for me to lift.

I find candy and chips hard to abstain from, I never had these things as a kid, so I tend to enjoy and think later. Im 5"9 and I weigh 67 kilos. I'm considered disabled for life.
>>
I go through dissociation a few times a day.
Always thought it was a weird way of me appreciating things around me, until I started doing it a lot more often.
Driving, spending time with gf, eating.
Just weird to not be apart of what you're doing at the moment.
>>
>>37023195
Yes. This. Im diagnosed with a dissociative disorder and its ridiculous. It's like I'm sitting in the passenger seat whole someone else is driving
>>
File: FB_IMG_1461592422238.jpg (75 KB, 672x572) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1461592422238.jpg
75 KB, 672x572
My ptsd makes me lonely af though. I could use some bro's to chat with who dont want none of that coddling shit but just real raw contact...
>>
Don't have PTSD but I'm having a panic state right now, think it'd calming down now though - hopefully it'll end completely before bed
>>
>>37023195
>>37023309
My boyfriend has this and I have no idea how to empathize with it. It just seems like the most bizarre shit on the planet and I cant wrap my head around it.
>>
>>37023161
>I've been through some rough SHIT.

HFF?
>>
>>37025528
Not sure what that stands for but ritual and satanic ritual abuse was common for me to undergo as a child.

>>37024584

Everyone dissociates, it becomes a survival mechanism for some individuals. A way to distance yourself from what's happening to you like it's not you.
>>
A group of people tried to kill me about 1,5 years ago (it's a long story). During that time my brain basically decided that nothing was real anymore. It felt like I was watching a movie (dissociative disorder).

Since half a year things are somewhat back to normal, although I've become completely detached from any emotion.

>>37024584
Just let him know you're there for him, don't try to understand it.
>>
Try psychedelics. No shit, do your research first on the subject, but they really helped me out a few years after I was in Afghanistan.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.