[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: Skeletal-Muscle-Lutz.gif (2 MB, 1080x1351) Image search: [Google]
Skeletal-Muscle-Lutz.gif
2 MB, 1080x1351
Questions that dont deserve their own thread!

Ask anything and veteran lurkers or know it all full-on dunning-kruger effect noobs will share their info.
>>
>>37095269
I've gained a pound a week on the Texas Method and made PRs on each lift almost every week. The problem is of the 17 lbs I've gained, only 6 of it has been muscle and 11 lbs has been fat. If I'm making consistent strength gains, is this normal? Should I eat less?
>>
What are some good obliques work outs? And can somebody rate my routine, it's

> come in
> do some quick chest machine exercises- 40/45 kilo
>solid bench press
>some quick back machine workouts
>solid deadlift
>i started doing some obliques work out during this time period today
>solid squats
>finish up with a quick leg machine workout and then the ab dominal machine

I just started lifting properly for like a month but is this too much?
I tried to do the strong lifts first (bench/deadlift/squat) but I feel like that's not really making me bigger (only stronger) as opposed to working out specific parts.
Next week I'm going to squeeze in doing some shoulder shrugs/bicep and tricep extensions as well.

This is my routine.
>>
>>37095269
Anyone have a good infographic or formula for homemade pre workout? I've find a few different combos, but I want to see what fit has to offer
>>
D-does anybody have an infographic for eating ass?
>>
>>37095303
Eat properly
>>
Starting to eat healthier since I'm getting fat, what the fuck should I eat with my morning eggs? I just grab a slice of bread usually, but that's a no no.
>>
>>37095269
I actually don't know if my problem warrants my own thread, so i'll ask here.

I want to start working out, but haven't.. in ever. I tried doing so last year with a friend and long story short I overworked myself and got Exertional Rhabdomyolisis hospitalizing me for an entire week.

What are the best ways to prevent it and how much should I start lifting/doing if i've pretty much never done any exercise.

Slight information about myself
>5'9
>125 lbs
>Sit on my ass all day even at work

I'm terrified as fuck about getting it again.
>>
>>37095311
Really bad desu. The people who penned the popular programs /fit/ recommends have years, sometimes decades, of weightlifting experience and you think you can come up with something better despite knowing fucking nothing?
>>
>>37095463
bacon
oats if you can find a way to make them so you like them
leftovers
>>
How much do I need to lower my lifts for a cut?
>>
>>37095311
Do Stronglifts for at least 6 months.
Don't think you know better than everyone else.
You WILL get bigger doing Stronglifts. Yes, it's not hypertrophy oriented, but it will still make your muscles grow. Strength is the basis.
Come back in six months, report your progress and ask again.

>>37095466
Read the Sticky.
Do SS or SL.
Eat a lot.
>>
>>37095527
Depends on how hard you are cutting. You could just try doing the same weight/progression and only deload once you fail.
>>
>>37095529
The sticky doesn't provide information on Rhabdo. I guess I want more of an opinion on what I should do from someone that has experienced or heard of it before. Maybe that's asking for too much.
>>
>>37095583
Its easy to avoid. Just dont do insane amounts of cardio/exercise in one session.

Get enough sleep and eat well. If you're getting rhabdo from lifting then you are doing some insane and crazy program.
>>
>>37095487
I thought you were meant to create a personal routine for yourself?

>>37095463
>I just grab a slice of bread usually, but that's a no no.
Huh?
>>
>>37095529
>Do Stronglifts for at least 6 months.
>Don't think you know better than everyone else.
>You WILL get bigger doing Stronglifts. Yes, it's not hypertrophy oriented, but it will still make your muscles grow. Strength is the basis.
>Come back in six months, report your progress and ask again.

Will I be proportional tho?
>>
>>37095311
Why do you do machines/isolations before you do the exercise which work the exact same muscle?
>>
>>37095596
For me, any workout is insane. I have done none in my entire life.
I didn't even know about it until i pissed Cola brown and went to the ER immediately.

The first time I got it, I didn't even do much more than most normal people do, but I guess since I didn't ever exercise it affected me a lot.
I'll try to be safe about it, I just don't want to end up in the hospital again.
>>
>>37095614
>For me, any workout is insane. I have done none in my entire life.
The more sedentary you are the weaker you are. Which means you can only lift what your body allows you. The only way you would get rhabdo from lifting is having each session lasting several hours.
Or suddenly exercise very often without enough rest and food.

Just do a basic full body workout. Thats it. 6 or 7 exercises which covers the whole body, and wait ~48 hours before doing the next one.

If you get rhabdo from that then you probably have some sort of weird disorder. So read the sticky, and do a normal program.
>>
>>37095605
>Why do you do machines/isolations before you do the exercise which work the exact same muscle?
Idk desu. Is it dumb?
>>
>>37095303
That comes with the territory of strength gains and bulking in general brah, try lowering your calories to maintenance or slightly over by like a few hundred kcal
>>
>>37095721
It has no benefits other than making you lift less on your big lifts.
Which is why it's better to do the isolation/exercise after.
>>
>>37095604
Sure. You can add chinups and dips at the end to get some extra upper body work. And if you really want to, you can do a few burn-out isolation sets, like curls or tricep extensions.
But you should stick to the base program for a few months before changing it.
The important part is to do it not too long. 6-12 months is usually ideal.
If you do it for 2 years, yeah, you'll end up T-Rex.
But for a beginner, it's one of the best routines to do.

>>37095614
That's why you should do Stronglifts, where you do 3 exercises per workout and the first workout you only lift the bar.
if you eat, drink and sleep enough, and you take as much rest between sets as you need, you'll be fine. Unless as the other anon said, you have some kind of disorder.
>>
>>37095415
male or female ass?
>>
>>37095415
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yco1VXoyPdc
>>
Does anyone have a guide to fixing chest imbalances?

Preferably something that worked for you.
>>
Lost 10kg and quit gym being a target weight.

Few months later I have gained it all back.

I don't understand I diet well? I just overeat, help?
>>
>>37095840
What do you mean by chest imbalance?
Is one pec smaller than the other, or is your chest small compared to everything else?
>>
>>37095846

You reduced your activity and didn't reduce your calorie intake to match. No shit you'll gain weight if that happens.
>>
that is the fucking coolest gif OP. moar moar moar
>>
>>37095848
One pec smaller than the other.

Making progress regardless, but i really think i should fix it.
>>
>>37095846
>I increased my calorie expenditure by exercising.
>Then i stopped working out. Decreased my calorie needs and didn't change my diet to my new body weight or calorie needs.

Theres your answer
>>
>>37095862
Add 1 isolation exercise to the smaller peck.

It should solve it.
>>
>>37095870
Alrighty.

This seems simple.
>>
fatass who has been doing strength training for the past few weeks.

After my workout yesterday, the only soreness is from increasing my squat intensity (realized I had been severely underdoing it). I think this might be DOMs going away.

Apart from the fact that I really fucking like that feeling, I feel like I could work out again today. Is there a way to tell if I was too low intensity yesterday and should work out again today, or if DOMs are just gone and I need to rest?
>>
>>37095915
Generally, you want to wait until the doms go away before you train (that specific muscle" again.

If you have doms in you leg and want to train chest go ahead.
>>
>>37095915
DOMS is just a sign of you doing something your body isn't used to. It can be increased intensity, exercise you haven't tried before, a varion of something you have tried before, different rep ranges.
So dont worry about it. Focus on weight lifted for measure of progress.
If you want to achieve DOMS simply because you like the feeling then try to add something you haven't done before to your workout.

>>37095923
There is NOTHING that says you cant or shouldnt work the muscle with DOMS. It will even make it go away faster.
>>
>>37095953
>There is NOTHING that says you cant or shouldnt work the muscle with DOMS. It will even make it go away faster.

>train muscle
>muscle breaks down
>muscle tries to supercompensate
>train same muscle again before it recovers
>muscle gets fucked up further
>strength decreases
>>
>>37095962

Whether or not you have DOMS has literally nothing to do with whether you're recovered or not.
>>
>>37095768
>If you do it for 2 years, yeah, you'll end up T-Rex.
Stronglifts?
Ok. How long should I do it then?
>>
>>37095962
see>>37095969

There is NO correlation between recovery and DOMS.
I thought this myth had died several years ago.
>>
>>37095969
Considering he just started lifting and worked out yesterday i would bet his legs did not recover yet.
>>
>>37095780
female
>>
File: firefox_2016-05-09_11-54-00.png (48 KB, 1691x633) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2016-05-09_11-54-00.png
48 KB, 1691x633
>>37095466
See that highlighted shit?

Don't do that.
>>
>>37095269
When I'm in a squat position my left arm side is hurting. Somewhere below the lats.
What to do so that it won't hurt ?
Maybe seeing how my right side is fine, maybe it's my imbalance in side strengths ?
>>
Should i wear a weightlifting belt for deadlifts? I've seen a few opinions either way. If I should, how heavy should I be lifting before I do?
>>
File: straight male role model.jpg (85 KB, 500x452) Image search: [Google]
straight male role model.jpg
85 KB, 500x452
>Got a nice tattoo like 2 days ago (traps to elbows)
>Full of, thin, geometric lines
>Worried I might fuck it up if I lift

I recall a friend of mine who had a sleeve and worked out and was ok, however our designs are different and the artist is telling me to wait a bit before lifting but did not tell me a time frame

So would it be cool if I worked out? Some running, at the very least?
>>
any of you guys have the pic of the high test japanese volleyball player? or her name at least?
>>
What does dyel mean? I get it stands for do you even lift but I never understand how it's used in the context /fit/ always says
> everyone was dyel as fuck
???
>>
>>37097150
Do You Even Lift
>>
>>37097150
>>37097160
Didn't read the whole post. The context is that if everyone is looking dyel, everyone looks really weak.
>>
Don't know where else to asked but this is my home board so I'll ask here.

My girlfriend recently did something disgusting. I'm quite disturbed by it. Please read on;

We were at the breakfeast buffet on our school trip. My girlfriend starts ruffling under the table with her skirt and i'm like wtf??

She says "I'm saving some food for later, lunch isn't till 2 o clock". "And i'm like in your pants???" and she's like "no, in my vagina silly".

and then i'm like "eeewwwww, why don't you put it in your pocket or something" and she tells me that vaginas are naturally clean whereas pockets are filthy and you'll get loads of germs from eating food outta your pocket.

She said that her mother showed her how to do it and how it's completely natural and that women have been doing it since stone age times. I was shocked by this and unsure whether or not to believe her.

Fast forward to around 12.30 and we were on a train.We go inside a toilet and start kissing and after a few minutes she sits down and starts fumbling in her crotch area again. And sure enough, after a few seconds out slides a sausage. She asked me if i wanted some and i was like "eh....no thanks" and then she just ate it as if it was just a normal sausage off a plate.

I asked her if other girls do this and she said she didn't know, it's not the kind of thing they'd talk about. but she said she does it occasionally and she finds it really handy when she's stuck for food.

I'm kinda worried now, this can't be healthy can it? Surely you'd get some sort of disease down there
>>
>>37096653
No. Only wear a belt during 1rm.
>>
I started lifting about 3 weeks ago. I keep track of the amount of weight I lift with every exercise. My dumbell press has gone up consistently from 12 to 16kg. However, my bench has barely increased at all. I bench 45kg for 8 reps now. The first time I benched I also did 45kg, but only for 2 reps. I feel this is a very minor increase compared to my dumbell presses.

My dumbell flys have gone up from 6 to 10kg.

Why does my bench not improve that much at all? Is it maybe because my forearms are too weak still? Should I do forearm exercises?

Thanks
>>
>>37097173
https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090329082352AALKHvM
>>
>>37095614
If you are so out of shape and get barely any exercise I recommend working on general health and fitness before getting into a strength routine.

Long brisk walks up and down hills.

If this is too easy break up the brisk walking with jogging until fatigue then start walking again till you have the energy for another burst of jogging.

Really basic stuff like trying to ensue you are on your feet throughout the day or at the very least take breaks every half hour and move around (even something autistic like star-jumps in your cubicle are not a bad idea to get the blood pumping).

Try to eat well with plenty of vegetables and lean meat, do your best to avoid processed meals with excess sugar.

For muscle work look up some basic Calisthenics like pushups and lunges, you can also buy pretty cheap pull-up bars which can be installed easily in most doorways.
>>
>>37097185
>I bench 45kg for 8 reps now. The first time I benched I also did 45kg, but only for 2 reps. I feel this is a very minor increase
Going from 2 to 8 reps is fucking huge.
Also, you have no business doing as low as 2 reps.

You've been at it for 3 sorry weeks dude. You can't even say you're lifting yet.
>>
This is probably a really stupid question but will your sleeve length measurement change if you put on muscle on your arms and shoulders?
>>
Due to my schedule a 3 day routine isn't always possible (Thursday isn't always the best for the gym) , what type workout should I do for abxcxxx style, to get a 3 day workout over 4 days?
Would a push/leg/x/pull/x/x/x routine be fine?
>>
>>37097296
Yes.

>>37097313
Your post is a little unclear. Exactly what days would you like to train?
>>
>>37097330
I can train Sunday through Wednesday, Thursday is pretty iffy because of my job. I'll reorder to legs/push/x/pull/x/x/x but I'm wondering if that's effective at all. And then on the weekend I can do jumprope work or something
>>
>>37097280
I just did those 2 reps, because my friend brought me with him and he wanted to see my max. I don't do less than 8 reps usually.

Thanks for you answer.
>>
>>37097352
It's pretty confusing you're putting that pull day on Thursday and choosing to rest on Sunday when you say you can't really train Thursdays but can Sundays?
>>
File: 4615493-kull4_lg.jpg (451 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
4615493-kull4_lg.jpg
451 KB, 1280x1024
My lats are sore have to do pull ups tomorrow.
Wat do?
>>
>>37097394
Dude

Sunday legs
Monday push
Tuesday rest
Wednesday pull (w/ deadlift)
Thursday Friday Saturday rest

That's as clear as I can get
>>
I used to be pretty fit because I played soccer on a reasonable high level and I always dominated in sports that required strength or speed. I quit at the age of 17 and gained 55 kg in 6 years time (I'm 23 now).

Today is the 29th day of my quest to lose weight. I've started at 140 kg (304 lbs) and I'm 186 cm tall (6ft1). Now I'm at 126kg (277lbs), so I've lost 14kg (27lbs) in little less than a month. I was wondering if there is something about my daily food intake that should improve. This is a typical day for me:

> 9:00 : get up
>10:30 : eat 4 slices of whole wheat bread with smoked salmon (+sometimes a bowl of selfmade very light soup)
>13:30 : drink strong black coffee
>15:00 : drink strong black coffee
>16:00 : eat a pear
>17:00 : drink strong black coffee
>19:00 : eat an average plate that consists of: 1/5 chicken (about 200 grams) (or codfish 200gr) , 1/5 lettuce, 1/5 carrots, 1/5 tomatos, 1/5 other kind of vegetable
>21:30 : go running for about 45 minutes to an hour
>00:00 : eat 3 small slices of chicken breast (weighs about 40gr) or I eat a pear

I go through the day without being hungry and I drink 1-2 liters of water and 1 Tönisteiner that I couldn't miss). I don't like oatmeal.

I want to lose another 37 kg (81lbs) by the end of september (I think it's reasonable due to having a "muscly" body that is covered with fat) , Is there anything that should be improved to reach my goal or does anyone have extra tips?

Thanks in advance
>>
Hi guys.

I switched over from 5/3/1 BBB to BBB Variation II found in Beyond 5/3/1. Instead of the typical 5x10 @50% the percentages vary week by week. First week is 5x10@65%, then 5x8@70% and the final week is 5x5@75% on top of 5/3/1. He also suggests to run it with the standard template and not the alternate (ie DL 5/3/1 + DL BBB).

I tried it today with OHP and my arms just failed at the 6th rep in 4/5th BBB set. Just a bad day, or is it really that harsh? Anyone tried it?
>>
>diddly going up
>squats going up, bought some WL shoes and it FEELS GOOD
>weighted chins going up, proficient now according to ss.com
>can't (overhead) press (relatively) proper weight because I fucked around on the chest fly machine and blew my shoulder up 3 years ago
Is it finally time to see a fysio /fit?
>>
>>37097567
>Is it finally time to see a fysio /fit?
Yeah. Unless your arm more or less got ripped off it should be fixable. And you should've taken care of it long ago.
What's wrong with your shoulder?
>>
>>37096667
Running shouldn't be a problem just don't do any arm and shoulder workout I guess.
>>
File: 1459368406232.jpg (197 KB, 1035x1380) Image search: [Google]
1459368406232.jpg
197 KB, 1035x1380
>currently doing texas method
>AxBxCxx
>workouts end up taking ~2h as I like to do accessories after compounds
>thinking of going AaBbCc
>small letters = accessory days, big letters = TM
Essentially, can I do sort of a push/pull accessory routine on my 'rest' days - no compounds involved?
>>
>>37097449
pullups
>>
>>37097594
anterior shoulder pain when OHPing heavier set
instant pain when warming up with empty barbell (painful at bottom of rep)
I can do weighted dips pain free
db press and db ohp are not too bad but I'm heaving a hard time progressing with them.
>>
>>37097634
instant pain when warming up with empty barbell (painful at bottom of rep) on the benchpress*
>>
How bad is it to not tuck your shoulders in on OHP?
How bad is it if you tend to lean forward on the last rep when squatting?

Coming from 4 months of fuckarounditis which resulted in minimal progress, i finally switched to SL5x5. My compounds were never strong and I thought I had my form down pretty well. I never experienced any pain from working out before, only DOMS. Recently I've been having dull pains in my left shoulder and left (?)butt/pelvis/whateveritscalled.

Also:
176cm 66kg how many kcals/day should I aim for? I WANT A NUMBER/A LINK TO A WORKING CALORIE CALCULATOR.
>>
File: 1323064750528.jpg (103 KB, 467x349) Image search: [Google]
1323064750528.jpg
103 KB, 467x349
I'm finally starting a serious program, after lifting to no effect with a shitty 'toning' routine done by the gym PT.

I decided to use StrongLifts 5x5.
How do I find out what's my max rep weight for the first time on every exercise?
>>
>>37097667
Use MyFitNess pal for counting calories
Not tucking your shoulder in OHP means 70% of the exercise is being absorbed by your shoulders, and not in a good way.

The impact is absorbed by your bones, so you're preventing the proper muscles from getting the intended effect.
>>
>>37097634
>>37097642
Highly unusual that your dips aren't painful when the bench presses and overhead presses are.

If you look at your back while you raise your arms over head, does your scapulae do a proper so-called "upward rotation"?
Can you pass a back-to-wall shoulder flexion test?
How is the external and internal rotation range of motion of your shoulders in general?
Do you know how to keep your scapulae retracted during the bench press?

Does the pain go away immediately when you stop doing the exercise or does it linger?
How does it actually feel?
>>
>>37097707
Well I've been using MFP for ages, but it just sets me at 2000/day.
>>
>>37097764
That sounds about right, what's your issue for 2k/day?
As long as you're regularly exercising and you didn't lie on the "How much do you usually move?" question, there's no issue.
>>
What are the actual benefits of cold showers over warm/hot showers? I've been doing them most of the time (like 95%+) the past 4+ months and I've noticed nothing.
>>
File: qsdfsd.gif (2 MB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
qsdfsd.gif
2 MB, 400x600
>>37097630
Seriously?
>>37097614
Hnnngg.
>>
>>37097774
Scooby's calculator places me at 2390/day.

I've kept a strict 1500/day cut for about 3 months prior to lifting, then ate at 2000, now at 2390, but i still feel hungry af, regardless of how I space out my meals.

I don't know if eating more is the solution, especially because I don't intend on packing fat back ever again. That is why I'm asking.
>>
>>37097807
Dude, I'm 5'8'', 63kg, and eat 1.5k a day without feeling hungry.

Stop using so much oil in your food and eat your greens.

There is no way you'd be feeling hungry if you were filling up on veggies, you can eat your entire body weight in spinach (this is not an hyperbole) and still not hit your TDEE.
>>
>>37097807
What kinds of food are you eating? That might be why you're still hungry.
>>
File: IMG_3839.png (633 KB, 982x658) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3839.png
633 KB, 982x658
>>37097750
i can pass that test
my external and eternal rotation is not that bad I think
I can only dip pain-free when I keep my scap stable
The pain during bench is caused by the extension at the bottom part, even when I keep my scapula stable
the pain gets better but it usually stays a little painful for a few days (pain 3 out of 10)
pretty sharp pain
>>
>>37097839
>>37097853

From today's MFP log:

>breakfast
3 egg omelette
100g ham which has GOAT macros (22g protons for 120kcal with very little sodium)
Cottage cheese

>Lunch
350g red beans
2 proton bars

>Dinner (not yet but I know what I'll have)
red beans with chicken breast
some strawberries

My go-to foods are: greek yogurt, cottage cheese, granola, oats, eggs, chicken breast, ham, red beans, broccoli and proton/fiber bars for snacking between classes. This is 80% of what I eat, aside from the occasional icecream, fish, polenta, pork, beef and random shit which account for the rest.
>>
>>37097897

>ham
>2 proton bars

I know you wrote that they were apparently within your calculations, but what kind of ham has less than 300kcal per 100g?

Also, protein bars of what kind? They're usually like 300kcal each, but just "Proton bar" doesn't tell us much

350g of beans for a single meal sounds enormous, it's like double what I'd eat to feel full, and you're still hungry?

Dinner is the only thing I found okay, although the strawberries could be throwing things off, considering how sugary fruit can be

Only thing I could advise is watering down your beans. Make it a soup, not just beans. It will pretty much double the volume of the meal without changing the caloric input.
>>
>>37097803
>>37097614
fuck bros what's her name can't find it
>>
>>37095972
Keep going until you stall, and have ruled out external factors such as not eating properly, resting properly, shitty form, aids etc. Then you can jump off the newbie routines bandwagon and use your newfound strength towards whatever goals you have with your body.
>>
>>37097938
Dude, I weigh my shit and scan barcodes for everything I eat. I have my numbers down since I've yet to gain weight ever since I started my cut. I just don't know what total i should aim for in order to maximise gains.
>>
>>37097966
Oh, I thought you were still gaining weight, my bad.
If you're alright for your cut there's not really anything to change.
To "maximize" gains you shouldn't even be on a cut though, or eat at maintenance.
>>
>>37097966
Also forgot to say, eating at maintenance is a pretty safe bet, because no matter how maniacal you are in measuring shit, you'll still be constantly underestimating what you're eating, even by little, since we tend to overlook things like toppings, oils, and other shit that is not strictly 'food'.

So eating maintenance actually means, most of the time, that you're actually eating at a small surplus that's good for lifting.
>>
Balding fag here. Shaved my head today. Went smoothly, but I am curios as to how long it will take until my shaved head will get the same color as the rest.

Also, there are 1-2 spots where I can feel some hair although I went over them again. Will this go away after repeated shavings?
>>
What's the average number of hairs that fall off your head per day?

Also is there an average age for when you stop growing taller?
>>
File: 1461978805476s.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1461978805476s.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
if I were to eat at maint @ 1800 daily cals per day- and ate 70% carbs 25% fats and 5% proteins, (majority of junk food)- that would mean cals/grams would be:

360 calories of fat (22g), 90 protein (40g), 1370 carbs (342g).

342 grams of carbohydrates... would this not fill liver and muscle glycogen? causing the rest of the energy to be stored as fat?
despite eating at maintenance.

this eating lifestyle would be described as pretty much eating pure sugar, just to an extreme- 1800 cals of sugar and fat per day.
>>
File: that's_questions.jpg (60 KB, 640x560) Image search: [Google]
that's_questions.jpg
60 KB, 640x560
What type and how much of cardio should I do for cardiovascular health and general life quality gainz?
>>
Are protein bars just glorified candy bars?
>>
>>37098307
Some of what you eat is always going to be stored as fat regardless of how your macros are set up. But you're also always burning fat.
Well not "always" but you get the idea.

Realize that the body doesn't really work in 24 hour intervals. The reality is that every time you eat you're essentially in a huge surplus and every time you're not eating you're in a huge deficit. It's what it adds up to over time (think weeks, not days) that determines whether you're eating at "maintenance" or not.

>>37098320
Just get your heart rate up and watch out for stuff that seems to bother your joints.

>>37098325
Most are.
>>
>>37098320
Walk 10km throughout the day every day
t. the actual medical establishment
>>
>>37098307
>if I were to eat at maint @ 1800 daily cals per day
>1800
>maint
Gallon Of whole Milk A Day
>>
What's the best routine on a cut?
>>
For a morning workout do you guys eat before or after? I was thinking after so you don't full top full while lifting
>>
>>37098522
Workout as in lifting weights? Before, of course, a couple of hours before is best. Starved training is a very particular technique that some endurance athletes use and is usually not very intense.
>>
>>37096232
help
>>
>>37098409
stop eating.
>>
File: 1456223838766.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456223838766.jpg
59 KB, 1280x720
where should you be feeling it during deadlifts? before the actual lift, my hamstrings tense up, but it's my lower back that feels the pressure (not sure what you'd call this) during it. besides that, i dont really feel it anywhere else. still new to all this so the weight is still low to make sure i dont go too far with problems. thanks in advance
>>
>>37098800
>Somewhere below the lats.
You mean lumbar pain when squatting? Rest until it stop and git gud form
t. not a physio
>>
>>37098710
Yeah lifting weights, ideally I would eat hours before but I can only get up so early. I might try to have a snack, but not eat too much so I don't feel like shit
>>
File: Upper-Back-Muscles.png.jpg (75 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Upper-Back-Muscles.png.jpg
75 KB, 620x349
>>37098840
Nah, it's more like in pic.
It's like my shoulder is pushing that muscle in and changing hand position doesn't fix anything.
>>
File: 1415375535060.jpg (254 KB, 1035x1380) Image search: [Google]
1415375535060.jpg
254 KB, 1035x1380
>>37097953
Try reverse search this one, she's an American Apereal model.
>>
>>37098847
Don't skimp on breakfast, m8, specially if it's pre-workout and breakfast at the same time. Unless you're doing starvation mode or some other retarded shit.
IIRC Scoobs says a good breakfast will even help with satiety throughout the day (he's a professional broscientist, but still not the first time I hear that)
>>
>>37098918
breakfast is a meme
>>
>>37098969
SL+HIIT+IF is a meme
>>
>>37098988
SL?
>>
File: gainskiller routine.png (299 KB, 1680x787) Image search: [Google]
gainskiller routine.png
299 KB, 1680x787
>>37099084
StrongLifts here's the full meme
>>
>>37098874
Is there a picture like this with a real person where they outline all of the muscles?
>>
File: back-muscle-chart.jpg (24 KB, 400x231) Image search: [Google]
back-muscle-chart.jpg
24 KB, 400x231
>>37099214
Can't find one. But maybe you can be luckier.
Pic related is closest thing
>>
>>37095972
As I said right above that. 6-12 months, depending how fast you progress and/or stall.
>>
What algorithm should I use to calculate my body fat with calipers? The four or five different ones on the site I'm using spread out over about 5%. Is one particular method more accurate than others?
>>
>>37095583

You go to a doctor and not trust 4chan for something that can literally kill you
>>
I like eating vegetarian, I never go under 1200 kcals for a full day's worth of meals which I love. But the weight loss is still too fucking slow and won't come off the gut.
> drop three non-water weight lbs a week
> really want to drop 5 a week so I be skelly and stop obsessing over every calorie
tasukete. Tell me about a legal supplement that will take me over the edge, preferably not anything that will make me too jittery.
>>
>>37095269
I'm fat as fuck (5'10 220 lbs) and I sit on my ass all day. Lately I've been standing up from my chair at work/at home, and doing some regular squats (bodyweight, not even bar). My knees hurt now. Not badly, and not in an injured way, but definitely in a way that's noticeable and not at all normal. Is this because I'm fat, and will it go away? When I used to do bodyweight squats a few years ago, I never had this problem. Pretty sure my form is fine.
>>
i'm similar to >>37099540 im fat and my knees make a crackling sound whenever they bend with weight on them, including bodyweight, but they don't hurt. is it safe for me to squat?
>>
I've been taking my protein shakes and mixing them with coffee to make a nice sweet chocolatey coffee protein drink. Is this a bad idea?
>>
I've been on SL 3x5 for about 4.5/5 months now
I've made decent strength gains, and I've gained a lot of weight, considering I started out as a skeleton.
My current stats are (all 3x5 unless specified otherwise):
Squat 225
Bench 160
Ohp 100
Row 135
Deadlift 260 1x10
(I workout at home and my bar only supports up to 260 pounds.)
I'm wondering if my stats are decent enough to switch over to a more mass-oriented workout routine.
My upper body is relatively smaller than my upper, and I don't want to continue increasing the imbalance. Thanks.
>>
>>37099691
Upper smaller than lower*
>>
>>37099676
Remember coffee is acidic m8, don't mix it with creatine or you will lose your gains
>>
>>37099704
So as long as it's just regular whey I'm golden?
>>
File: Untitled.png (21 KB, 1042x300) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
21 KB, 1042x300
>>
>>37095269
Is it common to feel

>Cold
>Aching in legs and joints
>blue fingertips
>general tiredness
>and irritation

During a cut?

This is much worse than bulking desu
>>
>>37099723
As far as i know. Minor nitpicks:
I think whey turns into cement with hot liquids (like cum), and some say even BPA free plastic containers release gyno hormones when hot, so cool the coffee before mixing it not after.
>>
>>37098268
Like 100-150

Around 25, although after 21 it's rare for changes bigger than a centimeter or two to happen.
>>
>>37099744

Well yes, but perhaps you should consider cutting slower.
>>
>>37098825
It happens to me too. It means you're hunching your back in an arch, and your wrong posture is making the whole exercise fall on your lower back.

Deadlifts are supposed to make you feel a more 'diffused' feeling of fatigue over your core, lower back, glutes and hamstrings.
>>
Should I be pushing for gains on all of my heavy lifts while cuttin or will I just hurt myself?
>>
Can anyone recommend a routine for machines and dumbbells.

Trying to get out of fatass mode before getting a real gym membership, and my apartment gym has a bunch of machines and dumbbells to work with.

I know you guys will say to get a membership but for right now I am having success going to my apartment gym since its literally 100 ft away.
>>
Hey /fit/, i work overnight in a grocery store mainly handling all the liquid products. Long story short its a pretty physically intensive job, any advice on what i should do with my workout routine? I'm currently doing SS.
>>
>>37099792
Yeah I think I underate today - I've been going at 1500 kcal. But I think I might have to increase as I'm 186cm and lift 4 / 5 times per week.

What do you think would be a good amount?
>>
I'm 20 years old, 5'7" and 185 lbs.

I've been plateauing at 2pl8 squat on a 5 x 5 routine for awhile now. The exercise absolutely beats the shit out of me and I feel like the more I do it, the weaker I get. You'd think I'd be making small, incremental improvements, but it is seemingly arbitrary how many sets I can get in before my body starts to feel like its going to explode.

Should this amount of weight be kicking my ass or am I just particularly a weakling?
>>
>>37099814
Always try to progress whenever you can. But of course common sense applies. Muscle'ing up one more buttugly rep with fucked up form is not progress - that's just being stupid.

>>37099847
When the program stops working, it's time for a change.
>>
Best ways to work my glutes?

What's the ideal amount of reps for ass gains?

>squats
My form sucks, can't get a good pump when squatting. Also can't get deep, even with the bar only. Squatting also feels shit in my knees so I never squat.
>>
>>37099859
For reference, I'm doing Stronglifts, and all of my other lifts seem to be progressing fine. This routine has actually helped me build a lot of strength, so I'd like to at least stick with it a few months longer.
>>
Suffered a strain in my ankle. Ignoring it because I like to run and sprint for cardio.

Will it get worse?
>>
>>37099540
I don't know the protocol here, but can someone answer me? I'm a little worried. The knee pain isn't really bad, but it can last for weeks.
>>
>>37099949
You can try to change the squat protocol to something like the Texas Method, while keeping the rest of the program as it is.
>>
When to get a belt? I'm nearing 3pl
Should I work my core more?

>>37099910
You don't squat for a pump

having said that, the vagina machine the moves where you push the weight out instead of ine
>>
My mom won't buy me whey as she thinks it's some sort of an evil chemical shit. I dont work yet and live with her so she does all the shopping.

What are some good cheap sources of protein? Im tired of being a dyel skele
>>
>>37100144
Whenever I see this scenario I always wonder what kind of fucking weirdos you and/or your family must be, seeing as they're apparantly completely unable to communicate or explain things to eachother.
>>
>>37100165
I'm not him but it's weird with me.

I'm cycling protein but when I started the cycle my mother was concerned because she thought it's bad for you; fair enough, I told her it's only food.

She made a fuss out of whey but said that she had no problem with steroids
>>
File: 1435575404485.gif (965 KB, 317x360) Image search: [Google]
1435575404485.gif
965 KB, 317x360
Is it gay to fap to traps?
>>
>>37100144
to help you out

Whey is just protein; as in food. If you mom won't by you whey, ask her to stock up on milk/eggs/cottage cheese/quark(if you have it)

Cheap sources of protein
>>
From what research I've done and information I can gather from the sticky/internet, is a three exercise program good for a beginner?
SS implies I need to do AxBxAxx week one, BxABxAxx week two, alt, etc. The A set and B set both, from reading Rippetoes book, include 3 exercises.
Squat, OHP, Dead lift A
Squat, bench, dead lift/power clean(presuming the form is good from dead lift)
I'm following only the three exercise routine cause I'm trusting the program and not looking to addv anything that would stress muscles I'm about to workout. My question is whether or not this is a good beginner program for the first few weeks/two months?
>>
>>37100296
Since you've already done the research, what are you hoping to achieve by answering here?

Anyway, half of /fit/ loves Starting Strength while the other half hates it. There's your answer.
>>
>>37100266
Yes
>>
>>37100266
no, you're fapping to feminine features. how can that be gay?
>>
Hey /fit/

I've got a big ass cold. Shouldn't last much longer, but it prevents me from real cardio and good workouts. I'm on a very clean bulk with bodyweight and a lot of cardio (around 3 hours a week) and eating at about a 200~300 Kcals surplus. If I can't cardio or exercice properly, should I cut the surplus while I'm sick?
>>
>>37100296
it's a good program to add significant amounts of size and get your squat to 3 plates and bench to 2 plates in a few months. the people who complain about SS have never done it.
>>
>>37100404

Thanks. Never understood why some people told me that fapping to feminine dicks made me gay.
>>
>>37100389
Well mostly I didn't know if three exercises per workout session was beneficial. I was wondering if I might need to add something to increase workload on a muscle/muscle group that may not be getting strained on the three workouts.
>>
>>37100435
It's usually recommended to include chin-ups and dips later on when you've gotten the hang of the main exercises.
It's all in the book.
>>
>>37100435
you're missing the point of SS. the point is extremely rapid progress on very demanding exercises. doing new PRs on 3x5 squats, 3x5 bench and 1x5 deadlift in the same workout is not just "three exercises". and then you go back and lift even heavier 48 hours later and so on. it's the progression here that makes the program hard as balls (eventually)
>>
>>37100416
Maybe less intensive cardio, something like cycling
>>
>>37100478
chins are in the actual program. dips are not (and are not recommended). chins actually fill a hole that the other exercises don't, while dips will directly interfere with presses and bench press.
>>
>>37100478
I've read most of the book aside from the bits where it begins to speak on intermediate or advanced programs as I didn't want to get clogged up with info on programs I wouldn't be doing for awhile. Thanks much for the help though.
>>37100483
Thanks that's all I needed to know. I understand to increase weights minimally each session and continue to do so. Just wanted an opinion on the three exercise routine and if I might should be adding another to hit muscles I may not be hitting. But I understand now to just keep at it as is and gradually increase strength and size and push it forward. Appreciated Anon
>>
>>37100507
I exerciced less less anyway because I was too exhausted... I'm more concern about the surplus than the cardio though. I'm full autistic, I'll stick to my routine once I'll be better, I just don't want to pack extra pounds on my nearly born 6 pack...
>>
I snapped my lower back while doing squats. Apparently I've been progressing too fast and my core is laggying. What are some good exercises to strengthen core for powerlifting?
>>
>>37095598
you create a routine when you aren't retarded any more and have some knowledge about programming.
>>
>>37100669
ab roll 25x5 after every workout. Learn how to do it properly though or you'll end up with a saggy back and it'll be uncomfortable. Google for a video on form.
>>
>>37100266
If it makes you feel any better, in Japan traps are marketed to straight men

Actual stuff for faggots is completely different
>>
>>37100628
For people doing SS I always think they benefit massively from adding accessories as soon as they start stalling. The way you get stronger is by adding volume to stimulate growth. Eg:

Stall on squats, add front squats as an accessory
Stall on deadlift, add deficit deadlifts or sumo deadlifts as an accessory
Stall on bench press, add paused bench or incline bench as an accessory

I like to do accessories with a weight I can manage at 8x3, usually this is about 80% of my 5RM

If you are doing SS make sure you are doing curls and chin ups. Doing several sets with an ab roller at the end of a workout is beneficial too.
>>
File: arnoldi.jpg (169 KB, 1013x805) Image search: [Google]
arnoldi.jpg
169 KB, 1013x805
So i have flat feet which has caused me to walk with my feet out at like 45 degrees my whole life which has given me knee valgus "knock knees". Not because of muscles but structurally. Is there a way to possibly slowly reverse this? I am conscious about my feet pointing forward when I walk. Will do anything?
I also bike for cardio and then I also keep my feet pointing forward. Biking is a lot of "reps" so maybe with time it will make the knee straighten out?
>>
>>37100800
Do squats with proper form, pushing your knees out to activate your quads properly
>>
>>37100800
The proper way to reverse it is to get special made 'clips' implanted into your feet, which will give them the arc they should have always hand, and a couple of bendable metal rods in your knees, which will, over the course of several months, straighten your mishappen legs.

Exercise will only slightly make it better, or maybe make you walk less like a freak, but nothing short of actual medicine will save you.
>>
>>37100786
So you suggest adding curls and chin ups immediately into the routine? It won't stress muscle groups that the core exercises are hitting? And by "accessories" do you mean replacing the exercise with a variation of it or adding to the exercise with a variation on just a set of reps? Thanks again bud
>>
My ankle has been a bit tender the last few days (slammed my foot on the ground playing soccer) and I'm supposed to squat tonight. Should I just wrap it up and go for it or give it time to heal? The last time this happened about a year ago I was able to run on a treadmill almost daily without making it worse.
>>
>>37100897

It really depends on how much you're squatting.
The movement shouldn't really make the weight fall completely on your ankles anyway, but if you start feeling pangs of pain, stop immediately.

Better skipping a day and maybe stalling the next time than injuring yourself further and having to skip two.
>>
File: 1454501085484.png (2 MB, 1290x1327) Image search: [Google]
1454501085484.png
2 MB, 1290x1327
>>37100730
>25x5
Is this a typo?
>>
Ok guys, im considering roiding up
I think it can help me achive my goals so what do i need to know beforehand?
>>
>>37101138
ok, good. i'll wrap it up, take it easy, and probably plan on skipping cardio after lifting. thanks m8
>>
>>37100885
Yeah add them to the end, it's not going to do any damage to you. If you choose multiple accessories alternate them, or try both and see if one works much better for you.

You may have to start with negatives for chin ups though.
>>
File: 1429890647504.jpg (120 KB, 473x637) Image search: [Google]
1429890647504.jpg
120 KB, 473x637
>>37101185
There is a general for that kind of stuff, it's called /fraud/, you can find it by going to the catalog and typing "fraud" (without the quotation marks) in the search box. In their OP you will find useful information that you should read before posting there.
>>
>>37101173
Work up to it. I find how many I can do dependant on my mood and stuff, sometimes I can only grind out 3 sets but I always aim for 5, or the equivalent number of reps in whatever sets I can manage
>>
when choosing a beginner program does it matter a huge amount if i go with 3x5 versus 5x5? especially if i plan on supplementing my lifts on three of my non lift days? i tried stronglifts 5x5 and felt the volume was a bit much so i switched to greyskulls, but am considering switching back but not if it won't make a big difference
>>
>>37101245
Oh good, thank you
>>
File: cuckette.png (1 MB, 775x743) Image search: [Google]
cuckette.png
1 MB, 775x743
>>37101251
I think you mean 5x25 (that was the joke)
>>
>>37101253
You need the volume as a novice lifter in my opinion. The more weekly volume you can accumulate the more successful you will be
>>
>>37101273
Oh shit yeah woops
>>
>>37101295
so going back to my question, would doing 3x5 on the five main compound lifts (BB row, squat, DL, BB bench press, and OHP) spread over three days with three additional days of just supplemental (mainly isolation) work be equivalent to or better than 5x5 done three days a week?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-09-12-47-11.jpg (331 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-09-12-47-11.jpg
331 KB, 1080x1920
>>37095269

Carbs give energy, right? If my protein and calories line up and I have enough energy to lift well do I really need to hit that carb goal as well? I really don't mean to seem like I'm trying to cut corners it's just that I watch all these Youtubers who seem so laid back with macros when bulking that I don't know if I need to structure something that actually lets me get 500 carbs a day.

If I really should get the rest of those carbs, how should I go about doing it? Just eat six cups of rice a day?
>>
File: 1387145367929-55051daa1e2cb.jpg (318 KB, 1102x967) Image search: [Google]
1387145367929-55051daa1e2cb.jpg
318 KB, 1102x967
>>37099744
>is it common to feel
>>
>>37101387
kek you're 1/8 ketofag (afaik it doesn't matter unless you train for some endurance sport)
>>
>>37100817
>>37100864
Thanks. It's not too bad and hasn't caused me pain so I'm not gonna go for an operation anytime soon. I will look some stretching and stuff.
>>
I'm currently eating 3700kcals/day and am stuck at 80 kg (175lbs) at a height of 177cm (5'10"). I feel like that's a lot of calories for maintenacne at 80kg. Is it possible that I fucked up my calorie tracking or can I really have such a high TDEE?
>>
File: i told you about rotation.gif (487 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
i told you about rotation.gif
487 KB, 500x341
>>37097893
>eternal rotation
>>
File: hvT82cP[1].png (351 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
hvT82cP[1].png
351 KB, 500x334
>>37101522
Watch this.
https://a.pomf.cat/jvzjzp.webm
>>
>>37101642
Congrats on the genes btw
>>
>>37101584
rofl
i dun goofed
>>
>>37101322
It's impossible to say since different people respond differently to variations in intensity and volume. 5x5 on teh main lifts is in my opinion superior because you get more sets in overall, and additional sets is the easiest way to accumulate weekly volume. So I'd say do 5x5 compounds and then whatever isolations you can manage on the extra days
>>
>>37101712
all right, i hear ya. my diet wasn't right when i was doing 5x5 and i started stalling on my squat, but now that i'm eating right i guess i should try it again. it just felt like way too much at the time, but that was about a month and a half ago. truthfully, 3x5 seemed light which is why i started adding in extra work but i guess i might as well just stick with 5x5
>>
>>37101642
that literally just destroyed the reason I started lifting.
I'm very concerned about gaining muscle mass though, goal weight was 90ks with 15% bf. How will I put on muscle mass if I can't eat over TDEE?
>>
>>37101821
I dunno, maybe you'll gain weight at the same rate as your lean mass but stay at the same bf% like a very very slow bulk/recomp (never researched much into it desu I'm sure further research was done since then).
>>
File: 1445990183266.jpg (102 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1445990183266.jpg
102 KB, 400x400
>>37095311
>>
What's everyone's opinion of the Wendler 5/3/1 program? I've been thinking about doing it on my cut.
>>
>>37101821
Those people weren't training, they were trying to get fat. At some point the body just stopped storing as fat and they probably shit out everything extra or just really fucked their livers.

Gaining muscle is a function of time and effort. Keep applying stimulus and your muscles should grow, the fastest you'll gain naturally is probably only ~1kg a month anyway

If no you can always just roid I guess.
>>
File: nNG7B75[1].jpg (164 KB, 992x342) Image search: [Google]
nNG7B75[1].jpg
164 KB, 992x342
>>37101971
Pic related is my progress on jim wendler 5/3/1 for a year/year and a half
>>
>>37101809
On your extra days doing accessories I would probably avoid all leg isolations to start with, squatting 3 times a week is plenty already. I'd definitely make sure you are doing things like incline bench, dumbell bench, lat pull downs and lateral raises a couple of times a week. May as well do curls and shit too, because why not. Just make sure you are eating loads.

Do you play any sports or anything? I'd definitely recommend using at least one day a week to join a local amateur sports club. I play badminton throughout the year which is good fun, pretty social and there's some qt's there too. Squash, 5 aside football, tag rugby and stuff like that are all good fun as well.
>>
>>37102033
Thanks man.

What was your diet like?
>>
>>37102033

height and stats?
>>
>>37102053
I don't lift anymore though, this is like my first lurk in a year on /fit/ and decided to answer ur question.
My diet consisted of shitloads of whole milk, banana, anything I can eat really, sweet things even. (I was a hardgainer so I had to rely on sweet stuff)

But healthy is another story...
>>
>>37102055
5'5", squat 130kg deadlift 155kg, bp 90kg OHP i dont remember.. I think 65 was my max. all stats one rep
>>
>>37102033
That's BS
I could tell even without the [1].jpg filename and
>47 to 71
Not dissing it tho. It is indeed a goot routine for getting think (ie a split)
>>
>>37102092
why'd you stop?
>>
>>37102098
It's good to be skeptic, but that's real mate. I uploaded the image to imgur first, shit knows why, i havent visit 4chan in a long time

>>37102113
I do full time kickboxing now, fighting in matches etc, some people just grow tired of lifting after a couple years and want to search for new sports/adventures
>>
>>37102079
Okay, thanks for your help dude. I'll probably have a little more conservative diet because I gain wait a little TOO easy lol.
>>
>>37102092
>5'5
When I see this, and see you looking pretty good and living your life, it just makes me happy.
The manlet meme is pretty rough on a guy's self esteem sometimes, and shit, I'm 5'9.
>>
File: classic baba.gif (4 MB, 200x360) Image search: [Google]
classic baba.gif
4 MB, 200x360
>>37102167
>manlet meme
>meme
>>
>>37102167
Leaving 4chan was my best decision, that "manlet" thought never even crossed my mind until you just mentioned lol. On an unconscious level it affects your self confidence etc. so leaving this community is better for your happiness and long-term goals in life.
>>
File: 4637373.jpg (66 KB, 560x365) Image search: [Google]
4637373.jpg
66 KB, 560x365
Is there any way to do deadlifts without using your legs? Maybe like a different form of it?
>>
File: suicide is an option.jpg (44 KB, 348x457) Image search: [Google]
suicide is an option.jpg
44 KB, 348x457
People insult and belittle me all the time for the stupidest shit
You name it, I've heard it all, jokes about appearence, the way I talk, dress (even when we wear the same uniforms), what I think, my hobbies, I get called skinny and fat on the same days... sometimes people even criticise how I fucking tie my shoes

I am fucking 26 and a grown ass man, I would like to be respected without money being involved. Should I just start punching people?
>>
>>37102217
be a super tiny manlet and do them overhead
>>
>>37102217

Stiffed leg?
>>
>>37102250
stop hanging out with teenagers, or take antipsychotics
>>
>>37102217
Rack pulls... I guess? You're still using legs but probably the closest to your question.

You could try all lower back too
>>
>>37102282
most of the time it's dudes around the same age as me but I'll look closer into the drug stuff
>>
File: 1460005274809.gif (1 MB, 300x197) Image search: [Google]
1460005274809.gif
1 MB, 300x197
Im a beginner, and wondering if my full body workout thats done 3x a week is missing anything / should be tweaked. Ive been very consistent, just wondering what I could replace or add in if Im missing a muscle group

Bench press 3x6
Squats 3x10
Tricep pushdowns 2x8
Bicep curls 3x5
Cable rows 3x8
Shoulder press 3x8
Lat pulldown 3x8
Cable crossover 2x8

What do you think? All the weights are at 75-80% 1rm so I come close to failure on the last set but stop before I do. What am I missing, what could be replaced with something better?
>>
How much sugar should you consume while bulking?
>>
File: dennisvomit.jpg (46 KB, 534x553) Image search: [Google]
dennisvomit.jpg
46 KB, 534x553
>>37102421
>mfw a novice tried to design his own routine near me
>>
>>37102571
Id really like some advice anon
>>
>>37102579
Do SS or divide that thing into A and B (and C), you've got over 60 sets there, that's more than what Rich Piano does
>>
Hey fit

Been doing a brosplit for about 7 months and I want to go into SL 5X5, is it beneficial for someone like me?
Stats: 95kg, 1,88memers, 65kg squat and deads 5X5, 25kgX10 OHP, 50kgX10 bench
And also, does SL mix well with cutting?
>>
File: 1431423141.jpg (45 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1431423141.jpg
45 KB, 500x750
looking for DL set/rep advice

Transitioning off SS now. Book recommends 1x5 per workout. Some programming here recommending 5x3x1, 3x5, etc. Tips and experiences?
>>
so i started countring macros, and this webstie told me, since i have an endomorph body type, i should eat lots of proteins
I used the calculator and it said 25% carbs, 35% proteins, 40% fat
will this actually work? 35% proteins in like 240g on my maintainence, that seems like a lot

>>37102684
it's beneficial for everyone, just don't get discouraged by the low starting weights the app throws at you
follow it though

it kinda does
>>
Started using straps for deadlifts because I'm sick of stalling every workout due to grip strength. I'm worried about my forearms though. How much do deadlifts work forearms in comparison to say curls or pullups? Will the loss of grip on heavy deadlifts have a significant impact on my forearm growth?
>>
What is a filling portion of oats?
>>
>>37102812
1/3 cup steel cut with some PB blueberries & almond milk keeps me going for 4-5 hours
>>
File: Power Ranger deadlift.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Power Ranger deadlift.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>37102740
I wouldn't recommend progressing DL with 3x5. 3x5 at lower weights is fine and feels great, 3x5 at the limit is shit and feels like shit, and depressing because light weight relative to what you could be doing. 1x5, 2x3, 1x3, 2x2, 2x1, 3x1 are the sweet spot IMHO (and others), you can add some lighter deadlifts on other day.
The absolute GOAT is cycling through them, the best of both worlds: consistent reps from x5 and awesome weights on the bar from x1 (huge difference). Most cookiecutter routines cycle through them.
>>
>>37102124
fair enough. I just find time to do both I guess.
>>
>>37102421
Do stronglifts for 3 months and then come back.
>>
>>37102791
Try to only use straps when you have to, start doing farmers walks as well.
>>
File: 1457036005515.jpg (1 MB, 5054x3370) Image search: [Google]
1457036005515.jpg
1 MB, 5054x3370
>>37102876
Thanks for the advice, you are cool. I hope you get everything you want in life.
>>
>>37102876
>3x5 at lower weights is fine
Define lower weights
>>
>>37102991
70% of your 1RM
>>
>>37103023
This
60~70% of your 1RM
>>
Any /fitizens in here work in a factory or do shift work? Just started work in one for the summer as a student and wondering how to lift while on a rotating shift schedule... Any tips?
>>
>>37097602

I am the dude from >>37096667

How long do I have to wait though?
>>
File: 1459246123176.jpg (486 KB, 950x761) Image search: [Google]
1459246123176.jpg
486 KB, 950x761
What should I do with my workout if I just want to increase the size of my upper body, while not making any gains in my legs?

I'm doing SL at the moment.
>>
>>37103449
Squat once a week
>>
>>37103449
join a gang of curlbros and follow them doing what they do
>>
>>37103490
Should I keep the rest of my routine the same?
>>
hi /fit/, I usually do organized sports but now I want to start lifting.

I'm reading the sticky, but i'm not sure what #x# is supposed to mean exactly, and sets/reps. I'm assuming it means you do X of one type of exercise Y times. X reps of Y sets?
>>
>>37103535
1 = lifting a weight and putting it down once
3x5 (3 sets of 5) would be
then rest
then rest
>>
So I haven't done reverse curls anyone notice anything different in strength/size when doing them? Wondering if they worth putting in my routine.
>>
I haven't started lifting but I'm dieting and shit gonna start lifting soon

In the meantime I've been doing around 50 sit ups and 30 pushups a day, I'm still a noob and sometimes it kills me but I'm working my way up

My questions are, should I not do pushups daily? I read somewhere that doing them everyday isn't that good

Also, should I incorporate squats into my workout? I feel like I could do 50 but I'm not sure. Also is there a good video or something to show me how to squat
>>
>>37103575
i see, thanks
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.