[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Y DOES IT HURT WHEN I PRESS BENCH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
it's not a burn kinda hurt, it's more of a "everytime I lower the bar it feels like my shoulder is going to pop out" kind of hurt. I can alleviate the pain by pulling back my shoulder blades but it just feels so exaggerated when I do this and it also feels like my ROM is limited by doing that.

I think its just from years of ignoring my rear delts, causing an imbalance, fucking up my rotators. Would focusing on my rear delts help with this?

I also noticed that when I do heavier weight the pain is not there, it only shows up when I go light or medium when I'm trying to figure out the movement.
>>
Benching can really serioulsy permanently fuck up your shoulerds.
First step is stop doing it. Then look up everything you can on form.
Then work up on small weights and see if that helps. If it doesnt, just dont do bench. For some people its just now the right thing and you dont want to have crippled shoulders, just because you wanted to look better in the mirror. There are other exercises you could do for tricep, front shouler and chest. You could also try switching to dumbells.
Dont think you can fix this by reading 4chan posts, maybe you need a coach. (but beware a lot of "coaches" at gyms are total shit)

Good luck.

Also you should have your shouler blades pulled back the whole time.
>>
>>34899710
>i don't retract my scapula when i bench, and now my shoulder is fucked
kek..

and some faggot called me a newfag for calling him out on being an idiot for not keeping his shit retracted.....

use proper form OP

facepulls/rear delt flies can only help.
>>
fuck benching do incline bench.
>>
>>34899710
Why are you not retracting your shoulder blades? That's how you bench you nonce.
>>
>>34899740
>>I feel like my lats/back hurts when I finish benching is that normal?
>>
that's just what it feels like to not have weak shoulders, OP

keep using shit form, its how you develop shoulder strength (not by OHP or shoulder work, because that would just be silly)
>>34866927
>>
>>34899773

just got used to doing it wrong that when I do it the proper way it just feels awkward.

retract shoulder blades, arch back, tighten abs, tighten glutes. Is that about right?
>>
>>34899783
>is that normal?
honestly don't know.
don't think so.

i've never felt it in my lats.
>>
>>34899808
i wouldn't worry about the arch or glutes... or even abs...

just keep your memeula retracted to prevent going to snap city.
>>
>>34899815
Meant my upper back
>>
bench press is a meme exercise

start doing dips
>>
>>34899710
How tall are you OP? If are above 6"2, it's likely that your arm's reach is really long. Try going only up to 90 degrees with your arm and arch your back slightly. See if the pressure is still falling on your shoulders.
>>
>>34900437
>Try going only up to 90 degrees with your arm
what
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.