[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alcohol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: ikvFTNt.jpg (54 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
ikvFTNt.jpg
54 KB, 1080x1080
If you are dead serious about committing to lifting, do you give up alcohol entirely?

Moderate lifters, do you still drink weekly?

Newfag wannabe lurker trying to learn as much as I can.
>>
>>34890415
i drink heavily and i have decent gainz
>>
>>34890434
OP here
What do you drink?
How often?
>>
>>34890415
I gave up drinking alcohol pretty much entirely (some exceptions, maybe once per month)

Really you should look at it as not such a big thing to give up, I mean what's the big fun of alcohol ? I can understand it if you're going out in the weekend, but even then there are alternatives, like benzo's, phenibut, amphetamines, which are much better for your muscles.

You don't need to give up drinking entirely, obviously. But at some point, your drinking wil start preventing further gains. Especially if you are binge drinking and not going sports for a day or two because of your drinking, if you do this multiple times a week as some students do, your gains are totally fucked.

Moderation is key, just save it for special occasions and pass up on that 1 beer you are having with friends at a social gathering, I mean really does it make it that worse to hang out with your friends when not slightly intoxicated by 2-3 beers? Just let them pass and have sober fun.
>>
>>34890461
What I am trying to say is, limit yourself to once per 2 weeks or something and you should be totally fine and hardly notice the effect on your gains while you're not nearing your natty potential yet. Once you've been training for a year or 2 even drinking heavily once per 2 weeks will be noticeable in your performance.
>>
Getting shitfaced every weekend,looking damn fine.
>>
>>34890457
>>>34890434
>OP here
>What do you drink?
>How often?

>cum
>daily
>>
>>34890415
I think it depends on how bad hangovers you get desu.

Alcohol is the gains goblin for me. Looking through my training logs it has sometimes taken me an entire week just to get back to the level of performance I was at before I went out and got drunk.
But then again, when I drink I get 100% shitfaced, can't remember a thing and feel like total crap and puke all day the following day.

I'm an all or nothing kind of guy.
>>
>>34890473
Thanks for the adv, family.
You're right about it not being a big thing to give up. I've been trying to fix that about myself already.
>>
I don't drink a lot since I started on creatine again.
At least I think it's the creatine, I get crazy sick and vomit bucketloads if I don't drink endless amounts of water before, during and after drinking.
A beer or three now and then, maybe a bit of wine or maybe a bit of liquor, but no more sitting like a retard and getting shitfaced with my mates 'till 6 in the morning without saying much.
>>
>>34890572
My drinking habits are getting progressivly drunk all day Sat and Sun on cheap ass beer.
I.E. Miller Lite
Still doing more research about a lifting program. Thinking maybe I should wait until the semester is over.
>>
>>34890415
I made decent gains (not by the /fit/ standards but enough to feel strong starting from skeltal) drinking damn near every day. Theres a pub across the road from my gym and sometimes I'd go straight from a workout to a couple pints.

The way I see it is you can dedicate your entire life to lifting - circadian rhythm, eating, substances etc, or you can compromise and have fun in the process
>>
You don't have to give it up entirely. I don't initiate drinking or drink by myself, but every couple of weeks my friends and I will share a bottle of whisky or something. I don't really like beer so I rarely drink it, and if I do it'll only have like 3.

I always prefer smoking weed to drinking.
>>
>>34890415
drinking isn't that bad unless you're roiding. it's really hard to drink and stay on a cut though, especially since you tend to eat like shit when you drink anyways
>>
>>34890894
>my friends and I will share a bottle of whisky or something
Mirin friends
>tfw I only have two friends who drink whisky
>tfw both of them are pretty shit cunts
One of them starts speaking with what he probably thinks isn't a fucking horrid attempt at a Scottish accent (Non-native English speakers, the lot of us), the other one drinks like a sponge as long as he doesn't pay for the drink, and both of them are horrible manchildren so when they get drunk they'll start talking about capeshit and trashy TV series.
Brought a bottle of Lagavulin with me once, they drank 3/4 of it in 15 minutes and got dead drunk and tried to mix the rest with Coke, but the Scotsman fell asleep while raiding the fridge while he was looking for the Coke, and Spongebob didn't notice because he was in the middle of a monologue about alternate universes in the Spider-Man comics.
>>
>>34891035
Sounds like you have some interesting friends, family member. Maybe you should convert them to /fit/izens
>>
Smoke weed instead for 0cal
>>
>>34891065
be sure to vape tho or else you can end up with a cough that lasts a month and have to stop smoking for like 2 weeks
>>
>>34890415
Drink when it's appropriate. I personally don't drink every week, but I might have a beer or two with dinner sometimes or if I'm out at social occasions.
>>
>>34890415
you don't have to give up anything retard.

everything is fine in moderation
>>
>>34891087
Or edibles
>>
I only drink when out with friends, which is never.
>>
>>34890415
As a rule, I only drink on weekends. Hard liquor when I'm alone, beer when going out. Not driking makes it alot easier to keep a low bf% though.
>>
File: heieneken.jpg (144 KB, 1600x780) Image search: [Google]
heieneken.jpg
144 KB, 1600x780
I was drinking 2 thirty packs a week, working full time nights, and going to school full time.

I cut down my drinking when I realized I was skipping working out to drink, or being too hungover and drained to work out.
Oh, and I ended up losing gainz from being too hungover to eat at least once or twice a week.

Now I drink maybe a thirty pack a week.
>>
Just drink vodka or whiskey. I down about half a bottle every night aND still commit to daily work outs. Weight loss and gains and all that jazz. It's just beer and the sugary stuff that will fuck you
>>
>>34891035
Your friends sound like shit... I have effectively cut these kinds of cunts out of my life and never regretted it
>>
>>34890461
>but even then there are alternatives, like benzo's, phenibut, amphetamines, which are much better for your muscles.
Really really nope. Alcohol can act as a PED, all that shit can act like when your muscles atrophy. Seriously can hurt your gains.
>>
>>34891302
You're an alcoholic mate.
>>
Lifting made me stray away from alcohol because I wanted to meet my calories goals. It started out as skipping one weekend of drinking here and there, and then when I would drink I just didn't enjoy it as much anymore. Now I only drink on occasion.
>>
take steroids...

Drinking or drugs dont matter at all.

Craig titus was an alcoholic and a meth head.

Chris comiier and titus partied and got drunk before the olympia lol.

These are things natty fucktards think about.
>>
>>34891878
I don't want to be that guy, but i'm pushing 30 also. Its getting harder and harder to wake up after a hangover and lift. I feel like its going to have to go in order to maintain gym.
>>
What do you think the human body prioritizes, getting rid of poison or building muscle?
>>
>>34891940
I would say it is more of a battle being fought on the mental front.
>>
>>34891917
>Google Craig Titus
>convicted murderer
kek
>>
>>34890415
as long as you drink some of the higher alcohol content/ nutritional value beers decent wine or like just a bit of everclear you're fine. the pyrmaids were fueled by beer. Ale actually has alot of strength benefits as long as you dont drink over like 4 bottles. lotsa good carbs and shit. also don't drink more than 2x a week.
>>
>>34891976
I think you might've misunderstood me.
Imagine Mr X. Mr X wants to build as much muscle as possible. Yet, on the weekend he goes out to party, drinks alcohol and gets really drunk. Yet, the day before, he worked out his legs. The human body will of course get rid of the poison in the body before prioritizing building muscle mass.
>>
>no alcohol for 11 months
No noticeable change in strength training, but cardio and recovery are better than ever.
>>
I will some drinks with m8s every 2-3 weeks. Moderation is king.
>>
I home brew a lot, usually 5gallons or ~2 cases of beer at a time. Now I'm nearly 27 I give most of it away to family and friends and have a couple a week. I used to go out and get hammered a lot, but now just a couple on Sunday for football is good for me. I like beer a whole lot, but I drink to enjoy it now as a hobby.
>>
>>34890415
a drink here and there isn't going to hurt your gains. Getting hammered drunk and getting a massive hangover will murder your games
>>
I seriously cut down in my alcohol intake. It helps having friends who're all at uni, so I don't really go out on weekends much anymore. Stopped drinking at home. I'll sometimes go a month or two without going out, at Christmas it's pretty unavoidable and I'll just have to lose some progress.
>>
>>34890415
moderate lifter here. Im in uni so i pretty much have to drink every now and then. It doesnt affect my lifting, just drink a lot of water throughout the night so you're not too hungover the next day. I would assume that really hardcore serious lifters dont drink though
>>
one cannot equally follow two masters, I used to drink over 100 drinks a week easily loading up 60 plus on the weekends
I had to take a break for 3 months to get my gains in shape
now I still drink when I want but not as much because I moved in with my parents and unlike my roommate last year they won't think it's funny when i black out and puke in my bed from drinking alone.
>>
Alcohol can mess with your sleep, especially when you binge. It's a sedative and reduces your REM phases which killz gainz. It's not too bad if you do it in moderation, though.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.