[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Underage Gymbros.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11
File: hdfnernte.png (81 KB, 178x178) Image search: [Google]
hdfnernte.png
81 KB, 178x178
Posting on the behalf of my 15 year old little brother. Showed him how to greentext. What should we do?

>be 15
> 3rd week in gym
>PTbro gives me the routine, tells me to use any weight. As long as i'm comfortable
>Just finished lmao0.5pl8 bench (don't judge me, pecs under construction)
>Go to squatting rack
>Load up lmao0.77pl8 (All 45-poon pl8s are mysteriously gone)
> 2 weeks earlier, I found out I had enough beginner strength to squat and didlift lmao1pl8
>Back to present day
>3 reps in, some guy just walks up saying "youre facing the wrong direction!"
>wut
> 8 reps in. Done with set #1. No burn. Moving in for reracking.
>ThatWasEasy.jpg
>Gym owner suddely grabs bar as i'm reracking.
>"What are you thinking? 70-pounds is too heavy for a beginner!!"
>what the fuck, I just did 8 reps, with perfect form (thanks PTbro)
>"You should do light weights for many reps!"
>He told PTbro a week earlier to give me ayylmao0.1pl8, shit was boring as fuck.
>"Someone broke his back a week earlier lifting 10 kilos!"
>dafuq, a bar weighs 20 kilos, someone actually got paralyzed lifting -0.5pl8? topkek
>Stay quiet, no point arguing. (I had no idea what was going on)
>5 minutes later, finish workout. Now at the family dinner table.
>Mom is pissed, the gym owner told her everything.
>"I won't ever let you go to the gym again if they ever catch you lift that much weight again!"
>Mum, that was 0.77pl8. I did t it with ease
>"You will stunt your growth! You will break your back! You do not need to lift weights!"
> Leave. I hate momscience.

Help /fit/. She won't let him out of the house unless he promises not to lift anymore than 50 pounds for the next year. What do?

Also, what is /fit/'s opinion on underage gymbros? Earlier the better right?
>>
>>34887484
Underage doesn't bother me, as long as they have proper form and aren't little whiney shits.

I dunno man. Might wanna consider looking at the contract. Also, consider going with him, and talking to the owner. Consider asking (politely) for your money back, and maybe threaten legal action if he refuses? He's refusing to give services that have been paid for; that's an issue.

Also, whatever you do, just remember that your bro is a customer, who's paying money. The gym owner took that money in exchange for services. If he isn't providing those services, then the law is on your side.

May not wanna take it from 0-100 straight away, though.
>>
File: 346743606835.jpg (101 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
346743606835.jpg
101 KB, 500x501
>>34887641

>Safety is our number one concern. Even if it means squatting 0.1pl8 girl-style for a whole fucking year.

How does one go through that impenetrable wall of momscience backed by bad broscience?
>>
>>34887641
Nah, he can do 110 pounds for 8 reps with no discomfort.

Also that is the only gym within 100 miles, we live in a shit country. Only one squatting rack.

He was even encouraged to use the machines,"for safety purposes." I'm so proud of him, he refuses to do anything that doesn't use free weights.
>>
Safety: The biggest gains goblin ever.

How does one convince them that squatz and deadliftz do not stunt growth?
>>
What the fuck cunt?
Is that nigger high?

18 year old bro here. I started lifting when I was in Year fucking 8 (Ausfag) which means I was lifting (and I mean lifting) at only 14. I was doing like 55kg bench press at 15 years old and never hurt myself once.
That cunt is just being overly cautious because he doesn't want your young brother getting injured in the gym and having a lawsuit etc and all the other shit he had to deal with with the other person.
First of all, if I were you (older brother) I would talk to your mother and explain to her that the owner is a fuckwit and that hes just trying to cover his own ass.
Two, I would go there, with your brother and look at the contract like the other anon said. If somewhere in the contract it says that the owner isn't liable for injuries etc tell the guy that hes not allowed to control what your brother does.
If the contract basically stipulates hes allowed to control your brother's maximum, ask for your money back. Bring lawyers into if its really necessary.
>>
>>34887814
post physique pls I want to see what 10 years of lifting does.
>>
File: Wojak.gif (13 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
Wojak.gif
13 KB, 633x758
>>34887814
Tried that already: Mom truly believes that "people speaking from their own experience" (aka broscience) is far more trustworthy than advice from "frauds from the internet" (aka the collective knowledge and experience of thousands of miscers and /fit/izens.)
>>
>>34887838
He's been lifting for four years, you mongoloid. He said he is 18 now and started when he was 14.
>>
>>34887838
my physique is shit because I had to stop when I was 16 to focus on school.
The only good part is my back which you can see in the OP of this thread >>34886672

pic related is the rest of my physique though.
>>34887886
Don't tell her people from the fucking internet said that hes wrong.
Say that you've been going to the gym for years (I assume you have) and YOU know what YOU are fucking doing.
Say
'Mom, look how long I have been going. Have I ever been injured? Look at x (some person you know that goes to the gym if you know anyone else) hes never been injured. The gym owner just doesn't want little Johnny (your brother) getting injured in his gym even if its extremely unlikely.'
>>
>>34887886
Also mom freaks out when she finds out that "he had a good workout" (aka breaking personal records, and lifting to failure)
>>
File: metbh.png (1 MB, 774x799) Image search: [Google]
metbh.png
1 MB, 774x799
>>34887923
forgot my photo, here it is.
2bh its a kinda shit one, I need to take a new one because it doesn't do me justice.
>>
File: before.png (776 KB, 419x815) Image search: [Google]
before.png
776 KB, 419x815
>>34887935
man your mum is a fucking retard, thank god my mother was happy for me going to the gym at 14.
>>34887938
Here is a photo of me when I was 15 and a half basically at my best shape (except my calves, much better now)

In the current photo I'm 178 68 kg, in the older photo I'm like 176 62 kg.
>>
>>34887923
He's doing Starting Strength.

Mom can't get over the fact that pirated the book from the internet. They are now making little Johnny do a shitty girly bro-split beginner routine. (Do they even exist?)
>>
>>34887484
>be me
>have been playing american football my whole life
>been lifting seasonally since the age of 12
>at the age of 15 i was able to 1 rep the 123(didn't know my deadlift)
>read this
>realize how grateful i am that my dad cared enough to learn about weightlifting at an early age and teach me at an early age
>realize how grateful i am to be a part of an american tradition of strength and athleticism
>realize how sad i am that my trans-Atlantic friends do not have a proper equal

That's real sad, unless your brother is a true spooky skeleton no one should interfere, also tell your mom and dad why he should be able to lift above 50lbs
>>
>>34887484
>Earlier the better right?
yes

I started with 14 and was lifting much heavier than you at 15. starting with lifting early was the best decision possibly of my entire life. it improved every aspect of my life. confidence, looks, strength, health, social life, sleep, grades, everything.

show your mother this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVVLWUlAsTY

>"You will stunt your growth! You will break your back! You do not need to lift weights!"
stunting growth is a disproven myth
weightlifting will considerably strengthen your back. most of my friends had times with backpain, I never had backpain in my life.
yes, you dont need to lift weights. but you should because it has so many benefits. not doing something beneficial because you dont need to is a retarded argument. your dumb mother does not 'need' to live, does not 'need' to complain like a dumb idiot but she does anyway.

shes worried about you so explain to her that weightlifting means a lot to you. that it is completely safe if done properly and that you know how to do it properly.
>>
File: EatShit.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
EatShit.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>34888030
Won't help. The gym owner just scared her that someone got paralyzed waist-down last week for deadlifting 10 kilos.

>How the fuck do you get paralyzed lifting something that weighs half the bar?

Also, she thinks that advice from people in the internet is untrustworthy. (We learned about proper lifting form from /fit/ and pirated rippletit books)
>>
>>34887938
Do you really need a box 'that' big to censor out little Johnny?
>>
>>34887958
You looked just like my bro, except the delts. He has shitty delts.
>>
File: why.gif (551 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
why.gif
551 KB, 200x200
My opinion on underaged gymbros:

>be me, 24 cardio bunny
>see pretty hot 6'2 qt fit dude working the lifting room at my gym
>admire him every morning
>see him smile at me and shyly try to check me out
>finally get up courage to ask his name, flirt a bit and exchange numbers
>says he'll text me after school
>text and flirt all night
>feeling a little slutty so invite him over
>bang, amazing time, he seemed nervous but powered through like a champ
>qt and I chilling in bed after
>qt gets a bit quiet until 'hey, listen, don't be mad but...'
>think he's going to admit to having a girlfriend
>'...I'm 17 and in high school'
>mfw

He looked my age! And he was a virgin too. I still feel the shame of this now. So not totally in favour of underaged gymbros.
>>
>>34888094
stop being such a beta pushover

dont give up that easily, keep talking to your mother until she lets you lift

every single time you see her

every single day, week, month until she lets you

if possible you should also go to a different gym, that gym owner sounds dangerously retarded

but this is an important life lesson for you: if you want something you have to work for it, you have to keep pushing until you have what you want or you wont get it
>>
>>34888122
Who said i'm a beta pushover? I won't stop until the two of us make it.

Also, is it legal for me to move out of the basement and have my little bro to live with me?
>>
>>34888118
pls be in london.

Kek. My little bro had a several qts approaching him thinking he was 19. So proud that he did not sperg out like an autist and actually talked to them.

He's gonna make it brahs
>>
>>34887484
>>34887484
Dunno senpai, cant believe you had perfect form, Maybe stick with the weight ownerfag said to use and try to hit maximal depth, keep a straight back and so on, that way you set a good standard for the future. And after 2 weeks or so just use the weight that u want, dont let them see tough.
>>
File: 1442872106580.jpg (129 KB, 900x593) Image search: [Google]
1442872106580.jpg
129 KB, 900x593
>>
>>34888169
Can you stand squatting 0.1pl8 for 25 reps like a retarded gril for a whole year while knowing that you are strong enough to lift your own bodyweight?
>>
>>34887484
ask for a refund for gym membership the owner obviously ent beyond his rights
find a normal gym and tell mom you've understood the lesson and you've switched to a gym where they care for beginners
>>
>>34888182
I told you guys already, the gym owner refuses him to let the PTs teach him how to squat unless he is 18 years old.

And they wholeheartedly believe that only losers get advice from the internet.
>>
>>34887484
Your brother is an insufferable cunt tell him to stick to reddit
>>
>>34888189
Fuck no, I said to use whatever weight he wants after 2 weeks,
>>
>>34888202
I really dont believe the pt and owner are in the gym 24/7. Your friend could probably sneak a few sets in
>>
>>34888118
Slut
>>
File: IMNUCLEEAARRRR.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
IMNUCLEEAARRRR.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
>>34888234
>>34888243
No, he can't. They are there 24/7

The PT is a bro though, thought him how to squat properly. Don't know about the owner.

Plus, this is the only gym in the whole fucking town.

Should he just ignore everyone, and establish and assert dominance by squatting and deadlifting against their wishes? (But Mum won't be happy with him, she won't let him set foot in the gym ever again)
>>
>>34888278
IMO, don't do the nuclear option until softer ones.

For example, find another bodybuilder, preferably accomplished, even better a coach or trainer, explain to him the conundrum, and ask him if he could spare an hour or so to come talk to your mom and patiently explain obvious stuff such as lifting heavy is not bad etc.

Ideally you would find someone who is a real authority figure, whom your mother would instantly respect. So probably the older the better, and someone who can be well-dressed, well-spoken, charming.
>>
File: i-thought-she-was-18[1].png (22 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
i-thought-she-was-18[1].png
22 KB, 600x700
>>34888167
>thinking he was 19.
>>
>>34888344
What should I do if I catch my 15-year old brah banging an older college chick?

I see him doing that in a few months, he's already flirting with the cardiobunnies. Without sperging.
>>
>>34888329
PTbrah is a turbo-manlet. Can he help?
>>
>>34888357
brofist him and ask for a threesome
>>
>>34888382

As long as she doesn't know his true age she'll be perfectly fine.

>brofist
no homo
>>
Does anyone here have an underage gymbro/gymbroette?
>>
>>34887712
You could try explaining to him that if you wanted to squat 4.5lb then you could do it at home with a broom handle. Ask for your money back, find a gym with non-fag personnel, tell your mum he won't touch weights ever again, go to the new gym and do whatever the fuck you want. With the natty roids of puberty, 1 year should be enough time to hit some sick numbers. Don't waste it doing cardio in the squat rack.
>>
>>34888118
>24y old cardio bunny
>virgin dude
>amazing time banging
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.