[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How well equipped are you against the occasional bar douchebag
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10
File: IMG_007.jpg (82 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
IMG_007.jpg
82 KB, 300x400
How well equipped are you against the occasional bar douchebag if you lift and have basic proficiency in boxing?
>>
>>34870208
You are 0% equipped if he has a knife or a gun

I personally don't have to worry about this type of thing though, because I'm not poor
>>
>>34870251
how does money protect you from some cunt getting too drunk and picking a fight with you? What are you going to do, throw your money at him to distract him? I suppose you'll say 'I wouldn't frequent such a foul establishment in the first place'. One day you'll find yourself in an unfortunate enough position where your abrasive and condescending attitude rubs shoulders with the wrong person and I hope you get your entitled ass handed to you. People like you are going first when the zombies come bruh.
>>
File: Pepe 2.jpg (10 KB, 148x118) Image search: [Google]
Pepe 2.jpg
10 KB, 148x118
>>34870297
>how does money protect you from some cunt getting too drunk and picking a fight with you? What are you going to do, throw your money at him

>'I wouldn't frequent such a foul establishment in the first place'

Close, but not quite. It's more like any such establishment likely isn't even on my radar. For all intents and purposes, I don't even exist in the same universe as such establishments. I might as well not live in the same dimension as people like yourself
>>
>>34870339
>>34870251
Smug people are an annoyance

You're probably going to have a leg up on most in a bar fight with a solid background in boxing and decent lifts, OP
>>
>>34870339
can't tell if narcissist, just a troll or both

guess it doens't really matter, it's just the internet
>>
>>34870339
That shit sounds autistic
>>
>>34870208
Define basic
>>
File: Aah47tb[1].png (117 KB, 320x263) Image search: [Google]
Aah47tb[1].png
117 KB, 320x263
>>34870339
>>
>>34870208
There are a shit lod of small advantages you may have on someone

None of it matters if he lands the suprise strike

Youll usually get knocked out by a decent sucker punch, when your facr isnt ready for a sirect strike you cannot clentch your muscles and brace for it

Pro tip: sucker punch and flee, you will never see those people again anywY
>>
File: 1408897206986.jpg (35 KB, 475x600) Image search: [Google]
1408897206986.jpg
35 KB, 475x600
>>34870339
u neet, bro?
>>
>>34870417
Yeah this is good advice. Be alert.
Knowing distance and how to throw a punch is also great. Straight Right hand>drunk haymaker
>>
File: 1446788663429.png (560 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1446788663429.png
560 KB, 600x800
>>34870339
>>34870251
>tipping intensifies
>>
>>34870208
Basic proficiency? Like enough to where you're not flailing wildy and can kinda dodge some punches? I feel like you'd whup 90% of people's asses.

The real question in a bar fight is: How is your ground game?
>>
>>34870208
not very, probably going to get a boxer's fracture if you are even able to land one on the guy
>>
How effective is a headbutt as a suprise if someones in my face?

I go to a nig college so just incase someone decides to chimp out i wanna know whats the easiesy way to beat the shit out of them then run before the rest of the pack jumps me
>>
>>34872333
>outrunning a pack of bucks

You should roll over and invite them to use your holes.then when they are all spent and sleepy you can make your getaway.
You.
Aren't.
Outrunning.
Shit.
>>
>>34870208
A lot of these idiots have been in fights their whole lives, they can take a punch. There's really nothing that makes up for experience, even if the guy is smaller/ sloppier. If it comes down to it and the guy is really drunk you could probably win but I would definetly avoid if possible
>>
File: q3TY4.gif (483 KB, 350x205) Image search: [Google]
q3TY4.gif
483 KB, 350x205
>>34870339
>>
>>34870208
Depends on how drunk you or the other guy is
>>
>>34870208
>basic proficiency in boxing
you're pretty much guaranteed to win with pure basics

BUT

Boxing is best for the ring. Its one of the base martial arts for the best martial arts out there (like Krav Maga or something). So what this means is that with a tiny bit of modification you can just google on the internet without needing a coach or something, you can make it effective on the street.

Example: In boxing, you generally hold your hands up by your chin. On the street, this doesn't work. Without gloves, the fists are much smaller meaning they can slim through your blocks and are harder to stop. On the street you need to hold your hands out in front of you as far as reasonably possible with open hands so you have the maximum amount of time to react and your punches have less distance to travel so less time for the opponent to block.

There are small differences like this that make boxing effective on the street.

Let me know if you want a bunch of techniques that modify boxing to be compatible on the street. I used to box for 2 years and have been practicing Krav Maga for 3 years as well.
>>
>>651244910
Knees and elbows to the dick man
>>
>>34872137
this is why you modify your punches so that they land at a 45 degree angle. its faster and helps avoid a boxer's fracture
>>
>>34872647
>On the street you need to hold your hands out in front of you as far as reasonably possible with open hands
You realize that anybody with the most basic understand of grappling will fuck you up real bad right?
>>
>>34870208
Boxing will help you more. It's probably the best bang for your buck martial art you can take. Training boxing 2-3 times a week for 6 months to a year will put you ahead of about 90% of people in a fight. Having the confidence, knowledge and technique and ability to throw a good punch or just deal with physical aggression. Being stronger helps a bit, but boxing helps a lot more IMO.
>>
>>34872665
not that far out. as far as REASONABLY possible. It doesn't mean stick your arms straight out but rather about a foot or 2 max. But yeah, I do realize this slight downside but overall its what's necessary.
>>
>>34872709
Years ago I saw an instruction movie of Bas Rutten teaching about bar brawling
It had pretty good stuff. Maybe it's still out there. Thought me some useful things.
>>
>>34870208
>thinking you can take on Mark "Ho-Chi-Mihn slayer" Walhberg
>>
>this thread
ON THE STREET BRO I'D BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF ANYONE I'M SO FUCKING TOUGH AND READY AT ALL TIMES BRO YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW

Queers.
>>
>>34870208
Very
>>
>>34872647
What do you recommend for fighting a fat fuck? I tried fighting a guy, probably around 300 lb, it was like fighting the marshmallow man.
>>
>>34873114
you don't have to fight him just walk away at a slightly brisk pace, not like he can follow you
>>
>>34873114
Go for the knees and stay mobile. Fat ducks already have a lot of stress in their knees so a good kick there will fuck their night up.
>>
>>34872333
Headbutt to the bridge of the nose via the top of your head will break their nose, but if it's a group fight youre fucked from the start unless youre a top tier fighter
>>
File: Laughing-Frog-Meme-07.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Frog-Meme-07.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
LOL you fags cant even afford a bodyguard
>>
>>34873232
Thanks
>>
>>34873114
My most terrifying sparring experience was against a 126 kg giant. He was not fit (huge beer belly) but very tall. The punches where just unstoppable.

Dont fight anyone who is much outside your weight class. If you have to in a self defense situation, try to kick him in the balls and run away. Weight does matter a lot (it is a serious advantage) if the person is not full jabba mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8vo7I71tAw

related. the fat guy can barely walk but his punches still hit hard. stay in your weight class
>>
If you do either, prepared for 70% of what comes your way. If you do both, 95%.
>>
>>34872380
What if i told you im also
>black
>>
>>34873491
Good advice, thanks
>>
>>34870417
you write like youve been punched out a few times
>>
>>34870208
zero. unless you're a pro fighter, or huge im talking 6'4'' and up and like 230 lbs, if youre slightly tipsy or outnumbered, you have as good as any chance of going sleepy time
>>
>>34870208
I think some of you are forgetting that the average bar douchebag lifts and has basic proficiency in boxing.
>>
>>34873715
>>
>>34873933
could prob still fuck me up lol
>>
>>34873933
Terrible form
Boxer here this is what we call a Lucy, because he is rigid and open like a whore and has no tightness in his guard.

If my grandma took steroids this is how she would fight.
>>
>>34873971

ur mom is lucy
>>
>>34870208
Anyone some basic boxing technique should be able to beat your average drunken moron. If you really want to destroy them, learn some basic Muay Thai.
I would also say BJJ but ground game is irrelevant in a bar fight. It's all about the first few quick strikes, by the time it goes to ground the bouncers would already be on you.
>>
File: muay thai judo.gif (2 MB, 245x324) Image search: [Google]
muay thai judo.gif
2 MB, 245x324
>>34873982
Judo would be better for actual self defense than Man Pretzel Jitsu.
>>
>>34873981
she's got a pussy
to fill with juicy

i'm feeling poetry in the air
>>
>>34870208
VIETNAM
>>
Why do people that fight and like fighting come off so autistic?

>woah man, would X beat Y in a fight?
>>
>>34874037
Due to constant brain (micro)traumas. You know they've got a lot of beating right into their faces.
>>
File: 117.jpg (7 KB, 250x201) Image search: [Google]
117.jpg
7 KB, 250x201
I was watching this episode of bar rescue... and my blood was literally shaking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8olXxYFe10
I hope that if this ever happens to me that I am prepared mentally to bring a world of pain to a drunken fucker like that.. regardless of the consequences.. I would go to prison after bottling the guys face in.

Going to sign up for some mma striking classes soon.
>>
>>34872647
>Let me know if you want a bunch of techniques that modify boxing to be compatible on the street
Yes pls, I would very much like that if you have the time
>>
>>34870208
>if you lift
Lifting doesn't help you fight better. Fighting helps you fight better.
>>
>>34874362
lifting can help as accesory
>>
>>34870208
I boxed for 6 years from 13 -19 and I know a 6ft+ heavier guy has a huge advantage over me, proficiency only has high returns against similar sized people, and it hugely dimishes in value when the guy is heavier and can grab you.
>>
>>34874479
yes physical strength and weight plays a big role in grappling

but everyone saying a taller guy is automaticly better is bullshit

taller guy has advantage from a distance, but short guy has advantage from close up
>>
Boxing is about technique. Bar fights are about sobriety and chin
>>
>>34874362
it's not an either/or thing. multiple things help you fight better, and being stronger is obviously one of them or no fighter would ever bother with strength training at all.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.