[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"So Anon, have you been going to the gym?" >"Do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: HRmQ9FT.jpg (89 KB, 644x781) Image search: [Google]
HRmQ9FT.jpg
89 KB, 644x781
>"So Anon, have you been going to the gym?"
>"Do I not look like I do?"
>"No..."
>"Then I don't"

Fucking bitch...
>>
>>34862752

frogposter saged
>>
>>34862752
>do a year of ss
>stronk as fuck
>people tell me I should start working out

;___;
>>
>>3486281
>be on ss
>mad gaims don't want to cut to stay on the gains train
>dem ass and back gains,
>you are getting too fat again anon
Fuck I used to weight 240 went down to 200 skinny fat now Im 210 but way stronger, why cant people notice I got stronger :'( I look at the mirror and I consider I look better than when skinny fat but aparently when clothed I'm just a fat fuck
I will not cut till noob gains are over fuck these people
>>
File: Mike O'Brien 650 squat.jpg (123 KB, 350x304) Image search: [Google]
Mike O'Brien 650 squat.jpg
123 KB, 350x304
STOP LIFTING FOR STRENGTH

I did SS and Madcow for 2 years. My bench was 125 kg, I could DL 190 kg and squat 165 kg.

I literally didnt look like I ever went to the gym. With a shirt on, one could think I was sort of stocky, thats about it. I was above 15% bodyfat all year around and I don't think I got complimented once except for that one time that another dude squeezed my leg when we were going full autism talking about squats at a party.

Stop believing you will look like Hafthor if you lift heavy. Check amateur powerlifting comps, thats where your future physique is if you don't roid.

I did German volume training and then switched to PPL, results were even quicker than noobgains. Save yourselves, anons. Don't become the next Jason blaha.
>>
>>34863468
I was more or less exactly the same. Looked dyel, but was pretty fucking funny to fuck with curlbros.
>>
>>34863495
You fuck with curlbros, curlbros fucks your girl

ayyy
>>
>what are bodybuilding accessories
>>
>>34863468
What's adding isolation work to a strength routine?
It's like you guys are afraid of doing curls because some faggot on an iranian carpet exchange board is gonna give you shit about it.
>>
File: 1445721337833.png (201 KB, 476x378) Image search: [Google]
1445721337833.png
201 KB, 476x378
>>34863468
>GVT
>while natty
>>
>>34863602
LMAO TOP LELLING KEK

No amount of curls is going to fix a troll routine like SS/SL.
>>
>>34863530
Implying I had a girl. Or that girls even wanted to be friends with me.
>>
>>34862817
>tfw a guy slapped my arse.
I know this feel.
>>
>>34863532
>>34863602

Most strength programs recommend doing very little accessory work since it will interfere with recovery, just like our dear friend rippletits also says.

Adding curls and dips to a routine twice a week isnt gonna do much for you anyhow. Once you get past the noobgains, you really do have to wreck your muscles to make them grow.

I'd still recommend going for strength to anyone new to lifting, but I just don't think such a program (even with accessories) is gonna produce much musclegrowth after a couple of years lifting.

Really not trying to bash strengthprograms here, I love em and still do alot of 5´s or 3´s in compound lifts because I enjoy getting stronger. Just trying to keep the newbois from thinking they will get swole as fuck just by ramping up weight.
>>
>>34863724
Ramping up weight results in an increase in volume. Total volume (sets*reps*weight) is the only consistent factor in muscle growth.
>>
>>34863658
Yeah It won't work in the long run (just like the original program says) but it sure will add some beef quickly if you can recover well. You don't need juice for everything, just skip drinking every weekend and eat/sleep well.
>>
>>34863724
Also accessories like dips and pull/chins do make a difference.The time people do ss and shit like that is a while.Definitely possible to make noticible gains adding weights to just those two.
>>
>>34863724
Not supposed to do them for a year. Do it for 6 months to a year if beginner and move to advanced program...
>>
>>34863759
years*
>>
File: 266.jpg (6 KB, 104x100) Image search: [Google]
266.jpg
6 KB, 104x100
>>34863737
>sets*reps*weight
thats some fucked up algorithm
>5*5*100kg = 2500 volume
>3*8*100 = 2400 volume
so strength gives you higher volume and thats considering you use the same weights, and we all know that doing 3*8 you lift smaller weights
>>
>>34863778
Of course the people that do 5-day splits will end up doing another two hours of accessory work so their _total_ volume may end up higher.

That said, drug-free lifters generally have very little capacity for muscle growth anyway so that extra volume is 'wasted'. Especially on the novice who will grow just by shouting at him loud enough.
>>
>>34863737
True as it may be, low reps will not cause the same amount of hyperthrophy. And the total volume is much lower in a strength program.

Your point is correct tho, I just went ahead and assumed you are arguing for "strength=size".
>>
>>34863778
most people doing 3 x 8 work outs will do more accessory lifts. Which is where more of the volume comes from.
>>
>2015
>Not doing strength rep schemes on compounds and bodybuilding reps on accessory
>not wanting the best of both worlds
>>
>>34863824
In a way, I am. An increase in strength must be accompanied by an increase in size once the trainee has maximized motor unit recruitment and effort capability.

Rep range is irrelevant in the sub-20 region we just recommend 5-8 since it's easier to progress on as the smallest plates available will represent a smaller percentage of the work weight.

You could probably do linear progression on 3*20 if you had access to 100g plates.

>the total volume is much lower in a strength program

This depends entirely on the program; true, most novice programs have relatively low volume but novices grow readily on pretty much any stimulus. Intermediate and advanced strength routines have significantly more volume - look at TM, 5/3/1 or Smolov.
>>
Doing Greyskull lp (like ss but last set is amrap) with accessories (3*10) for different muscles on different days.
Can I make it?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.