[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is 4chan killing your (social) gains?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: the pagan.png (210 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
the pagan.png
210 KB, 500x750
>be me
>was a /pol/tard from 2010 to 2013
>realized I was just angry and bitter everyday, because of the stupid site
>made a post about "retaking the blue pill"
>now, I rarely go on it
>it holds no appeal to me anymore
>i think it's 'cause of the post I made that solidified it in my mind

Now, I believe that 4chan as a whole is screwing up my social gains. When you can sit at home and shitpost, why even need to go out and make friends, or go out drinking with that bro you met at the gym, or go on a date with that girl you smiled at when you were buying groceries?

It's killing all of us. We're losing our humanity because of this damn internet.

I'm staying off the chan from now on. It's all I want, to be normal again, before I wasted nearly 6 years of my life with nothing to show for it.

>you're here forever
Make them wrong.
>>
File: 1440573785979.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
1440573785979.gif
2 MB, 300x290
>wanting to be a normie
Pls faggot, you'll be back..
Once a chan, always a chan
>>
I agree with you on how it can hurt your social life. Unless you're talking with people who've also used 4chan (or even reddit) it can be harder to keep a conversation going. Limiting your use to a few hours a week might be nice.

I like that opinions can be a bit more free on here than other sites. This site has as bad of a hive mentality as any other though. It sucks that so many people try to act like how 4chan users are "supposed" to act (r9k, pol, a, b, etc.). I understand the appeal of acting that way, but seriously lurk more before posting. /fit/ and /tg/ have been the best boards I've frequented, but even they have an endless supply of roodypoo sperglords.

Go outside and lose your egos guys, it really helps.
>>
/pol/ misses you fit anon. Come discuss trump with us.

Have you heard - he can't be stumped.\

We'll be waiting for you.
>>
>>34848788
Yes I want to be a normie. I want to be a normal person with friends and bros and a gf and a normal life.

>>34848802
It's very easy to say "Well, I'll just get on the internet since I have nothing to do".

It's bad. It's not real. Your mind is being tricked into thinking its socializing. We have to force ourselves to actually go out, hang with real people.

>>34848815
I realize now that I actually hate politics.
>>
I've been on 4chan for over 9 years now. In that time I've inadvertently become alpha because I no longer care what normies think of me and say/do whatever I want in public without fear of being judged.
>>
>>34848802
>I like that opinions can be a bit more free on here than other sites. This site has as bad of a hive mentality as any other though. It sucks that so many people try to act like how 4chan users are "supposed" to act (r9k, pol, a, b, etc.)

Here is were you are wrong. You can be whatever you want and post whatever you want on 4chan. The only thing that stops you from doing so is the fear of rejection and be called names for your post. But the advantage of this website over reddit, facebook or rl is that there are no further comsequences for you commenting things outside of the norm as there is no reputation system here.

In my case, the anonymity is what attracts me the most here, and is the reason why I have stayed on this website for nearly 8 years.
>>
>>34848863
>bros and a gf
you can get that without being a normie bro.

but then again people have called me normie fag and told me to gtfo, so maybe i am out of touch...

but i can still lurk and maintain a rich personal life.

i did pretty much quit /b/, but that board is died anyways.
>>
>>34848659
No twitter did though. Just joined last week for sheer Jew hating...Got locked out 3 times...hasn't let me back in. :(Hold me brehs.
>>
>>34848659
>le /pol/ is le bad XDXD

It's supposed to raise your awareness so you can make more informed decisions about the world around you not turn into some edgelord who gets angry over pixels on a screen

Holy shit, you've learned nothing
>>
>>34849127
>informed aware thoughts
>JEWS AND NIGGERS SJW LEFTIST DEGENERATE
>>
>>34848899
Kek I know a guy like this. So lonely and depressed that he stopped giving a shit about everything and now people admire his ability to do and say whatever he wants.
>>
>>34848659
you took the words out of my mouth OP senpai. was a /b/tard from 8th grade until my freshman year of college, i really think that shit fucked me. /fit/ is funny though because ive been liftan for 2 years (since freshman in college) & its like my daily dose of internet nigger lulz with other faggots that like to lift.... but chan is all fucked. i want to be normal again too senpai
>i just want to be a real boy
>>
>>34849139
I guess if capital letters and memes save you from reality then greentext away.
>>
>>34849127
>not turn into some edgelord who gets angry over pixels on a screen

then how come that's what usually happens? or at least that's what it's like with the bunch that keeping bleeding out to the other boards
>>
I just learn all I can from these boards and fuck off.
>>
File: 1447005319428.gif (743 KB, 500x434) Image search: [Google]
1447005319428.gif
743 KB, 500x434
>>34848974
>>
>>34849127
I'm sorry i learned nothing. It's just too negative for me

I'd find myself raging over stupid shit that i couldn't change and having a completely negative worldview.

Now I'm lifting, I'm positive towards the future, and have a few real life friends. I'd choose this over the despair that is pol any day.
>>
File: mike_tomlin.jpg (65 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
mike_tomlin.jpg
65 KB, 400x225
>>34849535
Once you get a GF enjoy her saying you can't hang out with your friends, also if you work enjoy not lifting as much unless she lifts which is rare or they lie about it.

Its shitty you will be back here once you cant hang out with your friends as often. You will come back for socializing i promice m8.
>>
>>34849579
spotted the virgin no gf trying to make himself feel better about mot being in a relationship.
>>
>>34849579
>Implying I'd date a girl who's controlling
>>
I have multiple normal friends who browse /pol/ daily and have normal functioning lives

If you just come here for the giggles it shouldnt affect you at all, if anything you will have a better sense of humor
>>
File: 1446315721155.jpg (44 KB, 351x371) Image search: [Google]
1446315721155.jpg
44 KB, 351x371
> We're losing our humanity

And becoming something beyond humans.
>>
>>34849701
I don't know how they're not just depressed all the time.

I couldn't handle it.
>>
It certainly does and I wish I could stop. I've been thinking about throwing out my computer but I can't bring myself to.
>>
File: 1444072342628.jpg (70 KB, 531x718) Image search: [Google]
1444072342628.jpg
70 KB, 531x718
>>34849836
>2015
>depressed by browsing /pol/
>not reinvigorated by the volkisch energy of your ancestors

Doing it wrong.
>>
I used to be an /r9k/ fag. I'll leave it at that.
>>
>>34848659
>was a /pol/tard from 2010 to 2013
>realized I was just angry and bitter everyday, because of the stupid site

Reminds me of myself a few years ago.
Same ideology but not on the chans.
Feels good not obsessing over their shit anymore.
If you manage to leave 4chan entirely then good job. Ive managed to browse less but i still need some better relaxing yet interesting alternatives to quit /fit/ entirely.
>>
>>34848909
Post? Yes. Have any sort of meaningful dialogue? No. Because people who I suspect literally have Aspergers spam replies like "go back to reddit" or something about sjws or go the other way with edgelord and fedora replies, anything but engage with a new idea that isn't their latest cancer meme.
>>
>>34850218
>Post? Yes. Have any sort of meaningful dialogue?

Bullshit, I have had many debates and discussions here about things like nutrition, approaches to training, anatomy and biomechanics, lifting technique, etc.

If you cant have a meaningful dialogue with someone here, it is also your fault. Even on a shit board like /tv/ you can also have meaningful discussions about history or politics if you are lucky.
>>
if you were on /pol/ in the first place chances are you had some kind of predisposition like mild autism, social anxiety, depression.
"Normal" people don't just end up there.
Trying to make yourself normal wlll just lead you down a deeper hole once you realize that you never will be
>>
>>34849579
So much this.

>>34849687
>Implying she needs to be controlling for you to genuinely want to spend all your time with her.
The only thing saving me from complete irl loneliness when she's not around is that I have a roomie and I actually talk with her that both her and I need to go out with our friends more, so we sometimes do, separate. That, and the fact that she's studying abroad, so when she goes away for a month or so, we have no choice but to socialize with other people.
It's not that she's controlling, it's that both her and I are not the most social people, and most of our current friends are mostly retarded. We just enjoy each other's company the most.
>>
>>34850326
Meant to quote >>34849693 .
>>
>blames 4chan for failures in life

you guys are fucking pathetic I swear

>have gf of 4 years my only friend and my first girlfriend
>work as an animator with decent pay
>live with my gf in our own apartment
>still friendless but only because I could never find a person with the same type of enthusiasm as my gf on my hobbies and interest
>still browse r9k
>still browse pol
>still hate niggers and shitskins since I was a child
>always have a loving hug and a warm bed to go home to every night after I lift
>>
>>34848659
What the fuck mate?

Can't you at least pretend that you are 'normal' and 'sane?' Infiltrate their ranks, put an end to this blue-pill stupidity once and for all.
>>
>>34848863
I hate the game too anon.

You are far better off playing the game; if you don't, others will take advantage of you. Take care my friend, may sanity and logic prevail in the end.
>>
>>34849535
You can change shit.

That's why we /pol/acks rig polls, gather intel, manipulate normie social media, etc. We have been busy lately.
>>
lol OP we've all quit 4chan 100 times.
>>
>>34850218
Welcome to 4chan mate. World-changing things happen under this sparkly rainbowy shroud of disorder and chaos.
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/trash/45379
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.