[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend smokes weed everyday, usually in the night when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 12
File: 1455930916166.png (86 KB, 1053x745) Image search: [Google]
1455930916166.png
86 KB, 1053x745
My girlfriend smokes weed everyday, usually in the night when she unwinds, I don't really have a problem with it at the moment but I'm concerned for the future, I can tell she is addicted in a sense (depends on it to relax).

The issue I have is she believes it's not at all harmful and actually thinks it's good for you to smoke it, this to me seems absurd but I can't find any solid evidence of it being legitimately harmful past the age of adolescence. I know of the supposed medical benefits of marijuana for certain illnesses (none of which my girlfriend has) and she likes to highlight the benefits whenever we discuss it.

My future concerns are mainly about the cost (for her it's about $80 a week or more), the effects on her health and well-being and also its affects on her personality in the long term.

Is there any legitimate serious health concerns to someone smoking everyday?
>>
Vaporizing or eating edibles would be the ideal choice but smoking it is far less dangerous than cigarette smoke. Weed is really harmless. There are 0 deaths related to weed.
>>
>>37036034
Smoking anything will be bad for your lungs
>>
>>37036047

This is always the reply I get from her as well, i'm not concerned with cigarette smoke so I don't see how saying x is worse than y so y must be good is even relevant.

There might be 0 deaths directly attributed to weed smoking alone but this doesn't mean it does not cause harm. There isn't a whole lot of conclusive research on it's contribution to heart disease/cancer as most people also smoke tobacco alongside weed so it's hard to determine weeds effects alone.

I like to look at it with a healthy dose of scepticism.
>>
>>37036034
Stop being such a faggot
>>
>>37036034
dump her OP
don't date 'generates
>>
>>37036116

solid contribution/10
>>
>>37036113
You aren't being skeptical, you're just looking for any reason you can find that's negative towards weed. Clearly a personal vendetta, not skepticism. You show great bias towards the conclusion you want to come to.
>>
>>37036034

The biggest issue I can see is that the substance is a crutch instead of a recreational activitiy assuming she "can't relax" without it like you say.

You should start by trying to understand what it is that stresses her out so much, and then seeing why weed may be her answer to that.

From there you could try to substitute something.

In all honesty you may just have to get used to it, or leave because if someone can't get through life without leaving on 'x' substance then that person will probably develop some sort of personality/mental disorder without it.
>>
>>37036034
http://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-04-cannabis-pregnancy-linked-birthweight-intensive.html

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/nov/27/smoking-high-strength-cannabis-skunk-may-damage-nerves-brain

http://www.livescience.com/52015-marijuana-lowers-sperm-counts.html?cmpid=514645

http://sciencebulletin.org/archives/539.html

DAE LOVE WEED
Why don't you just tell her you dont like her smoking so much?
>>
>>37036116
/thread
>>
File: post.gif (982 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
post.gif
982 KB, 300x168
People say marijuana isn't a "drug" in the sense that pills are, but look at the facts. She spends $80 a week on just burning shit and inhaling it, depending on where you are she does this illegally and has to buy it from a drug dealer. She's just a liability at this point, she needs to get high and will spend a ridiculous amount of money and go to people she would never want to associate with otherwise. Not sayin she a ho, but she gonna be a ho.
>>
>Dating a "smoke weed every day it's so good for you dude miracle plant right here" fucking loser
>Any year

How did you even end up in a relationship with one of those people, OP? Normally girls like that just get passed around from dealer to dealer until their looks go and they're finally old enough to start collecting cats.
>>
>>37036034
It's degenerate behavior. Drop her immediately.
>>
>>37036159

You are very mistaken in your assumptions, I would be delighted to hear that weed has no ill effects on my girlfriends health and well-being aside from the financial burden. What I said came directly from research I have done which has led me to believe it's not black and white and caution should be taken for chronic use of this drug. I was simply looking for people more knowledgeable on the subject to enlighten me further as I do not an avid smoker myself.
>>
>>37036034
>"I have some personal vendetta against cannabis and my sexual partner likes it and I don't so help me change what she does."
you're not better than her fgt. If she said she didn't like you beating your dick or lifting what would you do? Stop? Only fap a few days per week? Only hit those sweet weights every other day? Get over yourself
>>
>>37036252
>Comparing the pot to lifting
Get out.
>>
>>37036222
Did your daddy molest you and also happen to smoke weed? Is that why you're so butthurt?
>>
>>37036267
Weed and lifting make me equally as happy. I smoke right before I lift all the time. Also, they both positively effect my health. Faggot
>>
>>37036222

I don't know where you're from but around where I live it's an extremely common and celebrated recreational activity, the first two and a half years of us dating she only smoked with friends once or twice a week, eventually she started using it around me and now it's become and everyday thing.
>>
>>37036034
Gift to her a bong then(its a significantly healthier way to smoke) or ask her if she's interested in trying to prove to you that she isnt addicted and doesnt need it for anything -- besides for her desire to experience its unique effects, and having be only used as a means/sense of convenience. If she is interested, tell her every year as a new years resolution: do a 3 month sobriety.
And fyi OP, there is no such thing as addiction unless the individual using X substance wills the desire to be off of it, but cannot, and whose health is declining because of the use
>>
>>37036285
You are a fucking degenerate. Don't reply to this post, I refuse to associate with you any further, even on an anonymous image board.
>>
>>37036034
Why are you asking a board filled with autists? The empirical evidence supporting cannabis being a relatively harmless psychoactive substace are accumulating in a large manner.

tldr blaze with her faggot. If you care about your lungs, which you should, vape or eat edibles. Food, music, leisure activities and high sex will blow your mind
>>
>>37036034
i did a 25 page eval on weed research in college. health wise there's nothing really bad for you, at least nothing backed up by strong and repeated tests. lethargy and appetite are probably the worst two things about it though. unless the person smoking gets real fucked up psychologically but typically people who exclusively use weed shouldnt be far gone. in the end, you are probably turned off by how it makes her stupid and lazy, and thats ok. but coming up with pop-science research to shove in her face isnt the way to go about it. its perfectly normal to not be 420 friendly. intelligence is a really sexy trait and watching someone make themselves stupid (especially when you aren't partaking) can be a real deal breaker. youre on /fit/ so im assuming you work hard. you find her habit a waste of time and money. if she's not willing to at least talk about it then you should probably drop her. or get over it. idk im not a relationship expert
>>
>>37036250
The only negative health effects are on the lungs since you're inhaling smoke. Vaporizers are better but still not harmless I think.
>>
>>37036250
Honestly, chronic use can have slight side effects like shorter memory, but it's not bad other than that. It's not physically addictive and immensely better than drinking even small amounts
>>
>>37036305
How much alcohol do you drink, you hypocritical shithead? How much Tylenol or advil do you take? Enjoy your shit liver. Do your research before talking about anything involving cannabis fuckface
>>
>>37036252

I don't know why people are jumping to conclusions, I have zero issues with recreational use of marijuana, all I am concerned about is the chronic use effects of the drug, my plan is not to tell her to stop smoking but to have the knowledge to inform her of any possible serious effects of chronic use, as of a few days ago I was ignorant on the matter.
>>
>All this weed hate
You all sound like boring people including OP. This is probably why i have two girls who want to hang constantly and another just sent me a nude because she misses me. If any of you contribute to baw threads your response to this thread tells me why girls don't like you.

The only guy that made sense was the "talk to her about her stress" person.

>posting girl problems on /fit/
This is probably bait to begin with.
>>
Fucking hell, most of the posts here are retard3d. OP, how much does she smoke a day and at what time of time of the day does she begin smoking?
>>
>>37036047
This.
>>
It may be harmless and may not even lead to harder drugs but it's still an addiction it seems to me. Just like coffee is an addiction, but coffee makes you more productive while weed makes you less.

Fuck weed desu.
>>
>>37036034
i don´t know why people don´t hate people who do drugs. Weed is just the personification of toxic people...

u know what to do, drop her and forget her
>>
Cost is bad.
Tobacco use with weed is bad.
Not being able to relax without it is bad.
Risk of psychosis/schizophrenia would be the big one that jumps out at me OP. Though it doesn't 'cause' schizophrenia, it greatly increases the risk of developing it, and that is definitely something you don't want.
>>
>>37036034
my gf smoked weed everyday too. at first it was like every now and then. maybe once a week or when friends came over.
Then it was everyday and I don't know. I didn't feel comfortable with the thought of my gf being a stoner. made her somehow unattractive in my eyes. I didn't tell her to quit since I was smoking cigarettes the first 3 years of our relationship and she didn't complain.
I started to join her now and then and I lost the reluctance towards it.
wasn't good for my recovery as a non-smoker. I started to smoke on parties again.

Well whatever. oneitis is gone.

>tl;dr try to join her sometimes and stop making a big deal out of it. it's her money.
>>
>>37036034
>assumes its bad
>actually goes to collect evidence for once instead of going with the sleeper effect that's been programmed into you about weed
>there's no evidence for it being harmful
>still butt hut about
Op do you drink? Like at all? Drinking one drink is way worse than smoking a bowl. And weed is not physically addictive, its addictive nature is the same way anything can be "addicting".
Honestly if I was your gf I would have broken up with you. I actually had an ex Bf try to do the same, send me to smokers anonymous. Meanwhile he's drinking beer every night wih a beer gut and going to raves And taking ecstasy. After breaking up with him my life overall improved and I've been a straight A student.
Basically the boyfriend was more toxic with his misinformation than any bowl of weed ever was. I wish I coould let your gf know
>>
>>37036034
You seem to have posted on fit not pol new friends
>>
>>37036048
>people who say this
Jfc if you ever took the time to look it up, you'd find that weed is not significantly related to lung cancer like cigarettes. All smoke is not the same and you're retarded for following something so illogical
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 320x371) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 320x371
>>37036347
You just be Feeling the Bern, senpai
>>
ITT: degenerates

The guy i work with started 420ing almost daily for the last 4months
He's become slow and inefficient and has slow-speech even when he's completely sober (like retired boxers who got hit too much in the head in their career)

Guy makes too much errors and administration deducts it from both our paychecks
He's getting fired soon, hopefully

Smoking once weekly is ok, but if you do it every day, you're just going to become a total retard
>>
>>37036311
>>37036318
>>37036320
>>37036307
>>37036301

Thank you these were all very helpful, to that one guy who mentioned bongs she has said in the past she doesn't like using them because she "feels" like they're dirty and gets extremely high relatively quickly.
>>
>>37036432
smoking marijuana actually reduces the inflammation typically caused by smoking tobacco.
>>
>>37036357
My bad broseph. Sorry to jump down your throat I'm hangry. Anyways yeah really not any bad side effects other than lethargy and maybe some short term memory problems. If you want to see why she does it so much, try it. It's not addictive. You either like it and can maybe enjoy it together, or don't and at least make an informed opinion
>>
>>37036374

It's hard for me to judge how much a lot is, but just last night she smoked $20 worth. If it's a day where she doesnt have much going on she can start as early as she wakes up, otherwise its usually after university/work have finished and she is back home. Recently however i have noticed she sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night to have a bit and then immediately go back to sleep but never mentioned any issues sleeping so I don't think thats the reason.
>>
>>37036218
People who go out to clubs, bars and raves end up spending a shit ton more than 80$. A single admission ticket can be more than that, a single drink can cost 20$ each- and those are just basic expenses. 80$ a week on something is not a problem unless.you're.making like 5$/HR. Weed is actually relatively one of the least expensive drugs you could possibly have
>>
>>37036476
pretty much this. i know plenty of married couples in their 30s where one spouse smokes weed on the reg. they have kids and shit too and are really responsible people. one just likes to burn a bowl down at night in the garage while we play poker and darts. its not as bad of a habit, its just shitty people make it look shitty because whether they smoked or not they are still shitty people.
>>
>>37036496
That's really not a lot. My dad and I can go through an O in a weekend if we feel like it
>>
>>37036222
I've smoked weed every day for about 5 years or so and have never slept with a Guy for drugs. I've actually only slept with 6 guys my entire life and I'm 26. Chicks that smoke week actually tend to be chill and not whores. Girls who are looking to take any drug in sight, not so much
>>
>>37036517
that just feels like irresponsible use. i mean whatever if you can actually afford it, but same with drinking, if you can get the same effect with less then just do that. i used to be a big pot head in college. me and my friends actually bought half pounds at times because we went through it so fast. i probably cant take 2 hits without being a mess now and truthfully i prefer it. if i ever wanted to get high, i could buy a dime bag and be set for the day
>>
>>37036406

I've tried joining her when she first started smoking around me, I did it on several occasions and although it wasn't exactly a bad experience I just didn't feel like it was worth the money, and I don't enjoy the feeling of inhaling smoke, makes me uncomfortable for some reason. I also realize it is her money but eventually when we decide to settle down I would prefer this not be an issue with raising kids etc.
>>
>>37036531
post body.... to keep it /fit/ related
>>
>>37036408

Lol you sound very defensive, and your story very contrived. I have nothing against weed but people like you make me laugh.
>>
>>37036311
>stupid and lazy
This is an American weed meme. In the.original weed studies done in Jamaica in the 60's I think it was, the only difference between the control and the weed was that the farmers who smoked weed got MORE work done and felt happier about it. Frankly different strains also have different effects so it makes no sense that you specified weed as if its one singular strain with one set of effects. I question your ability to do research.
>>
>>37036568
This was an official study done by the US government BTW. They didn't release the result in a big press release because it didn't sit with their agenda (par usual)
>>
File: 1461660468173.jpg (10 KB, 250x237) Image search: [Google]
1461660468173.jpg
10 KB, 250x237
degenerates
>>
>>37036400
>weed is the personification of toxic people
Well jfc, what do you think of the drugs that do real damage like cigarettes alcohol and ecstasy? Are they the personificationo the devils asshole?
>>
>>37036568
>>37036582
>an official study
>over 50 years old

you can literally just look at frequent users and see that it makes people lazier. the difference between americans and jamaicans is young white people can afford to be lazy
>>
Honestly I was the same as your gf for about the last 4 years. I loved weed since the first time I smoked it and it just became a part of my daily routine. Eventually I slowed down it was just something I did before bed. However in the last couple months I've been skipping a few nights here and there and now I'm down to like 1 or 2 smoke sessions before bed a week, and a couple with my friends on the weekend. It's just a pattern and habit that you kind of get sucked into.

I still love it but after a while I didn't feel the need to do it every single night. It's actually better this way.
>>
>>37036517

Yeah probably not the best example, usually she buys $80 worth and it lasts anywhere from 3-6 days depending on her schedule.

>>37036476
No worries bro, see >>37036542

I could always try again I guess, but I don't think i'll ever reach a point where I want to do it more than once every other week.
>>
>>37036531
>6 guys
>not a whore
>I'm a grill
>pay attention to meeeeeeee

Get the fuck out. You are everything wrong with this board wrapped up in one package.
>>
>>37036446
What it does is lowers your inhibitions. If you became a retard after smoking, its because you were a retard the whole time and the weed just made it difficult to cover up/hide because your inhibitions are down. I got the highest score on a statistics exam that was taken by a lecture hall of 150+ students, and I smoke before class, while studying for the exam, and right after class "high" as hell the whole time. BTW I was never a straight A student until I smoked weed daily.
>>
>>37036632
growing up has a lot to do with it. you sort your priorities.

i used to swear i was an alcoholic: 12 beers daily on average. tried to quit countless times. then one day i realized i barely drank anymore. it was also around the same time i started working a real job after college.

for most people drugs and alcohol are phases i think. the ones that dont grow out of it would probably be manchildren without the drugs or alcohol anyway. they might be able to survive but their priorities are all fucked up.
>>
>>37036446
He's probably huffing paint or something as well. Weed will not do that to you. This is coming from a daily smoker of 5 years who just graduated college.
>>
>>37036561
It's okay, people like you make me laugh because you can never tell that I'be been smoking to deal with you
>>
>>37036347

Degenerate detected.

I occasionally smoke weed. It's still linked to mental health.

If you do it every day for months? That's an addiction.

Coming from someone who tries every drug he can find.

Just get her meth OP. Or mdma.

Both harmless!
>>
>>37036616
>just look at people
>that's more empirical that an actual study performed by the government
Yeah, you're too stupid to even want to really respond to
>>
>>37036661

Gotta love these kinds of anecdotal claims that weed smokers come up with

>"Before weed i was a zero! and now after i started blowing my money on it all the chicks want me!"

Can't we just be happy with the fact it's not that bad for you and gets us high?
>>
>>37036432
Where the fuck did he say shit about cancer you mongoloid? Smoke inhalation is bad for you regardless of the content or source.
>>
>>37036689

>smoking to deal with you

What? Reality too difficult that you need weed to "deal" with it? LOL never gonna make it
>>
>>37036650
Let me translate that for everyone: fuck you, you have the traits of a girl that would never find a Guy like attractive. Sour grapes. I'm used to you guys hating me because you're bitter lonely bastards, this is nothing new. But it makes it obvious why you're lonely
>>
File: everyone but me.jpg (71 KB, 360x403) Image search: [Google]
everyone but me.jpg
71 KB, 360x403
>>37036616
>you can literally just look
>I don't need evidence, muh anecdotes are all I need
That said, smoking that much anything isn't healthy
>>
>>37036707
k.

lets just compare a bunch of fat white american teenagers to jamaican field hands. thats logically sound.

kill yourself
>>
>>37036742
(You)
>>
>>37036696
>I'm a druggie that'll put anything in my body
>I put things in my body that I believe will harm me
Yeah, because you sound like a smart role model. Ill give you a hint, the weed is the least of your problems
>>
>>37036710
I've posted like 3 other posts that were not based off of personal experience. A full body or evidence with a variety of sources in agreement is how.science works
>>
>>37036744
the same government said fat was bad for you around the same time as that "study." one paper doesnt mean shit. weed makes people lazy. youll find that in way more peer reviewed articles than "a couple niggers on a poor island famous for smoking weed are happier when they smoke"
>>
>>37036034
Weed might not be physically damaging, but it negatively affects personality. Someone who doesn't use substance to calm them down or have fun will find interesting and creative ways to accomplish those things. When feasible, it's better to be self-reliant.

>>37036047
>using the 0 deaths/physical health excuse
Understand that substance still affects character.
>>
If she's spending her own money to buy it let her. My ex was a pothead . I don't mind drugs if it's free but I don't see the point on wasting on them
>>
>>37036732
Its quite difficult to deal wih the fact that idiots like you run around the world, none the wiser. People tend to act in patterns, yours is worrisome. With weed I can ignore all the ways you're doing it wrong and try to focus on bringing people like you back on track
>>
>>37036131
/thread

Tell her it's the weed or you
>>
>>37036034
Smoking is bad for your lungs. Marijuana is addictive in the sense that it is habit forming. It's as simple as that
>>
>>37036502
I don't think the amount of money in itself is OP's problem.
That might be a part of it. But like you said, weed is relatively inexpensive, so $80 can buy you a shitload of weed.
Where I live $80 can keep you high for almost a week on end. Unless ofcourse you're already desensitized to the point that you need a lot to feel the full effect.
>>
>>37036767
If the "symtpoms" of weed intake can't be generalized to humans in different areas, than its not a function of the weed you moron. Its a symtpom of something external in the environment, a confounding factor- not the weed. If it was something in the weed causing it, than the weed would affect humans everywhere the same. Do you seriously think before you type? Or is this level of thought just out of your abilities ?
>>
>>37036827

>mfw this is 90% of weed users
>relying on weed to fix your character flaws

Another reason to not smoke weed OP is that you will get stereotyped as a lazy bottom-dweller of society worshipping their miracle wonder herb.
>>
>>37036804
>the results don't matter because they're Jamaicans
Are you serious ? The fact that they were Jamaicans makes it a strong case for weed because again if the effects don't generalize to all humans, than its not the fucking weed. Jfc I wish the education system was better
>>
>>37036876
>>37036918
just because they showed up to work everyday doesn't mean their lives were less lazy outside of work than those who didnt smoke weed.
>>
>>37036034

I vape oil/wax pretty much every night to relax and as a painkiller for my back, instead of taking opiates. Smoking anything is bad for your lungs, but if it's at night after all responsibilities are taken care of and you have the will power not to succumb to munchies I don't see the problem.
>>
All these fucking arm-chair experts saying they studied weed. Arts students pretending to know science, the fucking lot of you.

How about the reduced hippocampal volume, and the morphological changes to cortical areas like the amygdala and frontal cortex?

I can't be fucked listing everything, but how about you take a gander from this review of over a hundred studies on lol420blazeit http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0055821
Read the discussion part of the article that takes into account the findings of dozens of studies.

It's not 'harmful', but deliberately making yourself stupid isn't exactly doing people like OP's girlfriend and half of you retarded faggots a favour.
>>
>>37036914
Its actually about dealing with YOUR character flaws
Typical ignorance, trying to assume its the other persons problem instead of realizing you ARE the problem. If I'm taking weed for me, its because the metal plate in my hand is hurting.
>>
I stopped smoking weed because I realized that it makes me okay with doing nothing. I realize people can be productive and smoke weed, but it's not the case for me.
>>
>>37036945
i basically said this already >>37036311
>>
>>37036034
You become unable to dream and also unable to recall memories and vocabulary quickly
>>
>>37036408
Now that you compare weed to alcohol.
OP mentioned that his girlfriend sometimes starts as soon as she wakes up.
If a person regularly started drinking booze as soon as they woke up, I would be quick to label them an alcoholic
>>
>>37036034
Well there's that whole schizophrenia epidemic that's going on...

You're mostly fucked only if you already have a predisposition towards it but you may never know.
>>
>>37036933
Who said anything about showing up for work? The farmers that smoked weed did more work, as in numbers of plants harvested, etc. Their numbers were better than the control group. Its obvious you know nothing about how studies are conducted though.
>government spends money to fund research out of country
>yeah guys, lets just see of they show up and call it good!
I know they like to waste Money, but not like that
>>
Just try and get her to cut back slowly. Staet saving more money so you have less for other things so she has to dip into hers.
>>
>>37036408
Kek. You really believe all that?
>>
>>37036959
Didn't see it, but at least I've put a source out there now
>>
>>37036993
its one study. was it ever repeated elsewhere?
>>
>>37036047
>the exact stoner logic every fucking time
Andddd these delusional stink stoners still think weed don't affect your personality
>>
>>37036945
Reduced volume doesn't say much though. They also found that along with reduced volumes the neurons will actually become more dense. Female brains are smaller too, that doesn't make females less intelligent. Intelligence comes from the amount of neural connectivity, now how big your head is. Jumping to the conclusion "smaller brain=stupid" is quite archaic
>>
>>37036034
Just because there's no record of it being harmful doesn't mean it's not harmful. Effect of cigarette smoking to your health has been studied extensively where as weed hasn't been. The problem is that whenever you are smoking an organic matter you are gonna get carbon monoxide (incomplete combustion) and tar which has been recorded for having adverse effect. I would suggest her moving to vape if possible
>>
>>37037033
females tend to hover around the mean IQ while men on average are further away from it on either end
>>
>>37036531
>proud to say ONLY 6 guys at 26
And people wonder why western civilization is going to end
>>
Smoking with joints/blunts is a waste of weed honestly. Edibles or bong it to be the most cost effective. As for weed, there are different strains:
some will give you energy
most in the US will make you lazy and chill though. Indica vs Sativa.

As for the health risks, just the lung from smoking the paper man.
>>
>>37036954
>Smoking to deal with your triggering problems.
I'm falling for bait right?
>>
>>37036954

You sound like a very bitter and unpleasant person, maybe try upping that there weed dosage #420blazeit and if all goes well maybe you'll turn into a betterperson.
>>
>>37036047
>smoking it is far less dangerous than cigarette smoke.
but in comparison to not smoking at all its dangerous.

Not smoking at all >>>>>>>>>>>smoking weed>smoking tobacco
>>
>>37036432
implying lung cancer is the greatest threat to smokers

do u even know what emphysema is ?
>>
>>37036983
>schizophrenia epidemic
Where? I've never heard of this. The only epidemic I know about OS the obesity one. Also weed doesn't cause schizophrenia, its only a problem when you were eventually going to be schizophrenic one way or another(which is an unavoidable problem anyways)
>>
i went from a social butterfly to an absolute autist after smoking weed for a few years. just one persons take
>>
>>37036169
This
Also if its the money problem just grow your own weed, gardening can be real fun
>>
>>37037033
Ladies and gentlemen, stoner logic. Take an abstract concept relating to cranium capacity that you saw on some /fit/ thread and apply it to reduced volume of cortical areas IN the brain.
>Protip
If heavily innervated regions of the brain are smaller than usual, it means there are less neurones than normal in that area.
>>
>>37036159
You are the epitome of a delusional stoner. I hope you one day overcome your addictions so you can start living your life to its potential
>>
>>37037047

>Thinking 6 sexual partners by the age of 26 is a large amount

Have you stepped one foot outside your mothers basement buddy? Or do you exclusively hang out with virgins
>>
>>37037092
>failing for the "EVERYONE SMOKES BRO NORMAL NORMAL"

Bruh. Everybody hates stoner although thy don't say it
>>
>>37037019
There's been a lot of recent research regarding weed, bit its an illegal substance which makes it ridiculously hard to test. The government can do what they want because they're the government, but once they saw the results that they were not looking for, they just filed away the research. The government was trying to confirm their biases and failed. The government still doesn't want to do research and makes it difficult to do research by non government researchers because of its federally illegal status.
>>
>>37036347
>projecting this hard
Libcuck everyone
>>
>>37037046
What exactly did this add to that post?
>>
>>37037121
if this is true then why was the study even published? sounds like bullshit skepticism now. there are plenty of studies that say it promotes lethargy. so now its, "le guberment hiding the truth except when it supports my shitty culture"
>>
>>37036034
Hey OP you still there?

I think you shouldn't worry about her health, especially since she only smokes at night, trust me there's no long term consequences for it. And she won't do it forever, every stoner I know including me gets bored of weed eventually, it's mad easy to lay it off when you want to since physical addiction is almost non-existant.

I would worry a bit about the money tho, 80 a week seems outrageous, but then again I live in Mexico and it's way cheaper here, but if she has the money to burn then there shouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>37037047
>tries to call a girl a slut
>ends up just revealing his true power level
Try going outside some time brah
>>
>>37037148
nothing. why did you reply?
>>
>>37037121

Yeah dude it's the governments hey, they found out weed actually grants super powers to those who toke 3 at the stroke of midnight but they won't release the data, instead they keep weed on the banned substances list to trick society!
>>
>>37037121
This.
The main problem is that animal models are swept under the rug because stoners refuse the evidence, and demand literally hundreds of studies of humans being slowly brain damaged, which is kinda against the ethical guidelines universities and scientific institutes are forced to comply with.

It's like creationists demanding ever more studies to prove this and that 'missing link'.
>>
>>37036432
Anything not normal room air going into your lung is pretty bad for you bud. You could get fluid in your lungs too and that's something that doesn't lead to lung cancer. You'll just have a bad time breathing and the eventual shortened lifespan. You should want your lungs at maximum quality. I do agree marijuana does not lead to lung cancer (as far as we know at least) but it certainly doesn't improve your fitness lifestyle.
>>
>>37037157

Yeah I'm here, I've gotten what I wanted out of this thread now I'm just enjoying the banter.

The few serious responses in this thread have helped me understand more about the topic and I feel more comfortable about it now.
>>
>>37037199
lmao ok so 1 study where a group of field workers from an island made famous for weed said they worked harder and were happier because they smoked weed. probably has something to do with a positive attitude making them work harder but either way....

this article published by the government is perfectly acceptable, despite no others being published. all other government research saying it makes people stupid and lazy is just bullshit conspiracy? fuck off you stoners are so retarded
>>
>>37036113
Disregard the stoners in this thread, OP. Weed, along with alcohol and tobacco, is a common recreational drug.
Weed is getting the same social acceptance that alcohol and, until recently, tobacco have always enjoyed.
As you cited, there are no long term studies as to the effects of weed consumption.
Certain compounds in weed, and in hemp for that matter, are beneficial; however this does not mean that weed is good.

On the other hand, overdosing on weed is quite complicated, since the value-dose is quite small; this does not make it good, however.
Now, all that aside, the important thing is choice. If you aren't comfourtable with your girlfriend's weed habit, your one true option is to talk it out with her, and keep talking as you have.
Someone with a drug habit will go to great lengths to justify it, bear in mind.

If, after putting the effort in, she isn't willing to let the habit go, then maybe you should asses if you're comfourtable and happy in your relationship, or if it's time to conclude the relationship and move on.

As with everything on here, take it with a grain of salt.
Disregard shitposters, I can smell the summer in here.
>>
>>37037228
Oh good, I didn't read the thread since it looks like a shitfest. Weed opposers are as bad as stoners when it comes to arguing.
>>
>>37037274
go lift a weight
>>
>>37037279
I'm actually going to the gym right now. See ya anons.
>>
>>37036034

Truth be told it's not nearly as bad as a lot of other things we expose ourselves to on a daily basis, but it's hardly the wonder drug most stoners will preach. One bad word and they will fight tooth and nail to defend their honored plant.
>>
your girl is a moderate weed addict

she's probably got a mood disorder or something, and is using the drug to avoid facing them and self-medicate.

there's probably not much you can do about it besides stopping any enabling you're doing. if you want to understand what the dynamic can turn into, go to an alanon meeting.
>>
>>37036531
there are somany defensive stoners ur prob a guy pretending to bolster the pro weed argument

go smoke ur weed and don't taint others with your poor life choices
>>
>>37036450
Try out a bubbler, the smoke gets filtered through the water but it iscomparable to the size of a pipe. The water makes the smoke smoother if your worried about that kind of thing. Bongs hit you way to hard if your not ready for it, a nice small bubbler would hit you just right
>>
>>37037228
Weed in general is fairly harmless when used recreationally, but there is no harm in looking out for your girlfriend.
I used to smoke and always defended the usage of weed, but after a while I noticed that a big part of what I didn't like about myself and the direction my life was taking was caused or at least catalyzed by my usage of weed.
Maybe I'm just a weak person, but weed was a very big part of my lethargy and feelings of depression. In hindsight I can also see that it ever so slightly changed how I acted as a person. Smoking a couple of times a week at parties or with friends probably wont be a problem for most, but if you need weed everyday to unwind you are probably somewhat dependent.
If your girlfriend is happy it's al fine, but if you notice she often feels sad, lustless and gloomy she might want to reconsider her habits.
And again, maybe I'm just a weak willed pussy who can't handle weed.
>>
>>37036432

I think what he's saying (and what other posters have said) is that, in general, inhaling smoke isn't good for your lungs. Bottom line is our lungs are made to process the ambient air. As such, inhaling smoke of any kind is bad.
>>
>>37037710
>Maybe I'm just a weak person
>Maybe

All stoners are.
>>
>>37036827
you need help m8
>>
>>37036034
I'm in the same boat as you, except I basically smoke with my gf all day long (and make it to the gym consistently)

She spends close to 80 a week or even more which is insane because neither of us works, we're still in college sorta.

It's definitely not good for you. Inhaling flaming shit through your throat is just plain bad. It's arguably not as bad as each cigarette which has tar and cancerous additives but yeah
>>
>>37036945
Except every single study which has examined actual behavior and ability of chronic users has found that after a short period of abstinence there are no residual effects. In neurology you have a million studies showing volume differences for a million different causes but very few ever correlate with a functional impairment. It's kind of a running joke in the field. Anyone with an mri and some funding runs these stupid ass worthless volume studies because they're easy to do.
>>
File: sp.jpg (179 KB, 1024x791) Image search: [Google]
sp.jpg
179 KB, 1024x791
>>37036496
OK thanks for replying, as someone who went from a few times a week to daily this is very worrying indeed. If she only smoked late at night to help de-stress then it would be fine but it looks like she's well on her way to becoming heavily dependant on weed.

I've seen this happen numerous times to people (including me, but I realized that I was on a one way road to becoming an addiction and gave up the stuff except for occasional use). Trust me OP, you want to talk to her about this and let her know that she IS becoming an addiction no matter what she tells you.

She will no doubt say that she's not and blah blah but challenge her to stop using it for a few days, I guarantee you she cannot. I would also suggest attending a weed addiction group, and if she doesn't want to listen to you then you just gotta cut your losses man.

I don't care what people say but weed CAN absolutely be addictive, I've had it happen to me, and weed addiction makes you lose all energy and vigor in your life which imo is a very bad thing you can do to yourself.

Pic related pretty much sums it up.
>>
>>37037950

weed is addictive for maybe 1 week after you quit, and then your serotognic recovers and you feel great
>>
>>37036218
I recently had a friend who had a great relationship with a great girl and was in a similar "it's weed or me" situation with her. Now she's sleeping with their dealer who I imagine probably smokes her up in exchange for pussy. Not saying OPs situation is anything like theirs, but hos are gonna ho man.
>>
>>37037298

see this OP >>37037252
>>
>>37036047
>If it doesn't kill you it's harmless
>>
File: stoner_degenerates.png (538 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
stoner_degenerates.png
538 KB, 800x533
Kill her. The world has no place for junkie degenerates.
>>
>>37036432
>Hurr durr no cancer
>Hurr durr weed is good fuck you normie
>Hurr durr I thought you were badmouthing my weed and so decided to get all defensive

Stoners every hour, every day someone raises an argument against their terrible lifestyle.

Smoke inhalation is not a normal thing regardless of where it comes from. The properties of smoke themselves are; smoke is mostly carbon, tar and ash. This is not good for your lungs no matter how you spin it.

Also stoners, like drinkers are socially inept outside of a false comfort zone of their substance. This just isn't practical for the day to day world to function properly. Instead they would rather burden society and others for their own benefit. In short all efforts to legalise / perpetuate the use of weed is nothing more than the stoner version of Fat Acceptance and HAES
>>
>>37036408
>Tfw butt hut
>>
>Everyone in this thread talks about being straight A students.
>Implies everyone is doing fucking GCSE's or A-Levels therefore barely qualifying to be on here.

FML Summer is here.
>>
>>37036954
>I do drugs regularly because other people make me uncomfortable

Nj!
>>
>>37038143
This shit right here. Stoners are the most oversensitive pussies on earth, their worse than SJWs, worse than Christians. Any slight criticism of marijuana makes them go on ballistic scripted rants about their delusional belief that it's a panacea and how alcohol is responsible for more death, as if something has to literally kill people before I'm allowed to criticize it in any way.
>>
>>37036034
>>37038141

Marijuana is a crutch for mediocre people. It doesn't kill you, sure, but it makes you bland. It enables you to be complacent with mediocrity. It makes you feel like you have achieved when you haven't. It makes you unaware of how pathetic and blank you and your life-style are. Nothing kills a party faster than having a significant number of guests leave to smoke. Instead of becoming bolder, funner, and more exciting, they turn into slow, boring, stationary boring fucks. I would rather people do cocaine at my parties than that idiot drug. Stoners are useless, pathetic, boring, uninteresting, unambitious, self-aggrandizing, and disgusting. Try not to be like them.
>>
>>37036034
If she feels she NEEDS it everyday to relax, shes addicted

There are two types of addictions. There are physiological addictions, those are the kind where you go through withdrawls. Alcohol, Heroin, Meth, etc.

Then there are mental/emotional addictions. These are addictions like gambling, shopping, etc. This is the kind of addiction people can have with weed. This is why I HATE it when people say "its not addicting".

I agree with you OP, Id worry about long term lung damage (inhaling anything foreign besides breathing medicine isnt very good) as well as long term exposure to things like THC.

I dont know if there are any studies to back it up, but I do not believe weed is completely harmless if you use it long term.

The only thing I can tell you to do is to ask her if she can cut back a little, the same way you would ask her to cut back if she drank a six pack everyday. Or if she can get her hands on just the oil, maybe she can vape it instead. This way she isnt inhaling actual smoke.
>>
>>37038032
Yeah but there's always that niggling feeling when you have nothing to do to just smoke some weed. Also I'd say more like 2 weeks but ymmv.
>>
>>37038325
Eh, it's a bit of an exaggeration, but this is pretty much true.
>>
>>37038229

You're a fucking idiot. Worse than left wing SJW's? Wow just wow
>>
>>37036048
I actually smoke it and it helps with my asthma
apparently it acts as a bronchodilator
>>
>>37038335
>This is why I HATE [sic] it when people say "its not addicting".

It isn't. The first category are 'addictions', the second category are 'compulsions'.
>>
>>37037252
This. You should probably come up with a compromise.
>>
Weed makes boring things entertaining. It's better to not do boring things than to try to make them tolerable
>>
>>37038407
They are treated the same as addictions, they are considered diseases.
>>
>>37036047
>this is what retards actually believe
>>
>>37038358
My apartment has a really big living room and I host a lot of parties, they've done nothing but improve in quality since I banned smoking weed from them. It's resulted in
> Less people leaving in groups and not coming back for like a fucking hour
> Less people sitting on the couch
> Less people staring into the distance and doing literally nothing
> More people hooking up
> More people dancing
> More excitement and games
> Louder, higher energy crowds
> Less social awkwardness
> Fewer people discussing Bernie Sanders in my presence

I don't even completely hate weed, but I think it's horrible as a party drug. If you want to smoke weed, save it for when you're either alone or with one or two friends with a stationary activity lined up. Just because it's fun to get high and watch Adult Swim on the couch with your friend, that doesn't mean it's fun to get high at a party where there's lots of people and energy abound.
>>
>>37036432
Ayy lmao
>>
>>37036034
Is your gf a scenic artist
>>
>programmer
>stoner

>sister has masters degree and makes 120k+
>stoner

>bro in law programmer and has own start up
>massive stoner

Keep trying OP. One day you'll realize you don't have it all figured out.
>>
>>37038458
yep you are totally right, weed is not really a party drug
additionally i like your last point
> Fewer people discussing Bernie Sanders in my presence
>>
>>37038389
There's a lot of overlap (it seems like 80% of Bernie Bros are huge stoners) but yes. Just like SJWs they have canned responses to a hair trigger of offense, as well as a delusion that they're part of some big, righteous, historic movement.
>>
>>37038490

Nigga I smoke a half blunt almost every day and I'm voting for trump

MAGA
>>
>>37038499
I said 80%, not 100%.
>>
>>37038470
There are successful stoners. So? Cherry picking evidence doesn't mean shit. Oscar Pistorious can run faster than me, does that mean that I should chop off my legs at the knee to become a better sprinter?
>>
>>37038585

Maybe you should for caring so much about this topic. Gay thread, gay convo, gay arguments. Take a puff and stfu
>>
>>37036034
just smoke with her you fucking fagget, discovering the wonders of this magical herb with your girlfriend is one of the best experiences life has to offer

do you have to pay for her weed? no, why the fuck do you care then?

does she becomes paranoid/too stupid when she smokes? apparently not, then why the fuck do you care?

she smokes when she feels like she deserves it, like a treat, like some sort of ritual, it's fine dude let her be, it's her little break for the day, she would have a problem if she was smoking every chance she has, I've seen people make any sort of excuses for lighting a joint, you know they have a problem when you meet them

just be cool about it it's not a big deal, weed is a relatively harmless vice, and your gf seems to do it moderately

eventually she will grow tired of it and drop it or become completely addicted, in which case you'll need to really worry about it. In the meantime let her be, nobody likes a busybody
>>
>>37038623
> I'm right because this subject isn't worth discussing.
What?
>>
OP if you cant find legit scientific studies discussing the harms of weed youre a legit retard. Theres a ton of research on it, you have to look somewhere other than high times
>>
>>37037252
>overdosing on weed
Literally impossible. You would have to consume 3x your bodyweight in under one hour to overdose on weed.
>>
>>37037617
How does it feel that a stoner is more coherent and intelligible than your biased retarded ass?
>>
>itt weak willed bitches who think pot is the reason for their laziness
I hate to break it to you but you're just a weak willed bitch if you can't do things while high. It's 100% you just being lazy and deciding to blame pot even though you're the one making the decision "I'm going to do nothing".
>>
>>37038813
Those are the effects of weed though.
That's like calling people who used mdma pussies because they can't fall sleep.
You don't use mdma to sleep and you don't use weed to be active (unless it's medical).
>>
>>37038944
wrong
>>37038813
this guy knows, if you're a lazy cunt whenever you're stoned you always were a lazy cunt
>>
>>37038979
wrong
>>
>>37037199

I've not seen one conclusive study linking Cannabis to brain damage of any kind. I don't want "hundreds of studies", I want a few methodologically sound ones. Just because you think it causes brain damage based upon the faulty premise of biased studies in the past does not make it true. Link me some sound studies linking cannabis to brain damage.
>>
>>37038944
What you're talking about is the effects of the stimulant in mdma (it's actually just alcohol and meth molecules to make an upper + a downer which = a speedball)
Pot is categorized as a psychedelic before a depressant. You're just a lazy fuck.
>>
>>37039056
Yeah, crazy psychedelic that weed
>>
>>37038944
To further point out that you don't know anything about drugs .
Medical has nothing to do with it. The fact that you think it being medical means it will make you active just showcases how little the knowledge of this subject of yours goes.
Sativas stimulate the brain and creative thinking which give you that "active" high more often than not.
Indica gives you munchies and can make you sleepy.
Medical or recreational does not matter as you can take two identical batches and label one medical and one recreational despite them not being any different. One is just inrended for medical patients and one for recreational usets.
What matters is the strain, thc content (or CBD if you're using it not to get high but for the health aspects), and whether it's indica, sativa, or a hybrid.
>>
>>37039102
>I'm ignorant
Go consume a qp of weed butter and I guarantee you will experience a hallucinogenic high from pot. Grid pattern visuals and everything, like an acid high.
>>
>>37039133
I think you're misinterpreting what I meant with medical.
But I have no doubt that you know alot about drugs :^)
>>
>>37039158
Sure, in high quantities.
But OP and the majority of this thread are talking about smoking good ol' joints.
People I know don't smoke weed to see things
>>
>tfw no weed smoking gf to smoke weed with and fuck every night
>>
>>37038470
> faggot
>>
>>37037108
lmao, you mad you never got invited to sick frat parties and smoke with the bros?
>>
>>37039253
l o n d o n
>>
>>37037042
I was thinking the same thing
>>
Although I do smoke weed everyday, I'd like to try and keep this post as unbiased as possible.

I think the degree to which weed is harmful highly depends on the person smoking it. Yes, weed can cause psychological disorders and dependency, albeit I've never seen someone go full-on schizo or have a psychosis. People who tend to develop these disorders already have a propensity for it, being hereditary or otherwise. As for dependency, weed is psychologically addicting, I'll admit, as I'm in the same boat myself. I, like your girlfriend, smoke every night to unwind.

However, if anything, I'd like to say that weed has definitely helped my personality in the long term. I've come to realize through the introspective stage of being high a lot of my personal flaws, and have managed to work through them that way. I also use it to enhance my creativity, being a guitarist/painter/artist. Believe it or not, I've also broken all my PRs in the gym high. This isn't the case for most people though. When most people get high, they become lethargic, hungry, and driven by consumption. Unless your girlfriend falls into the latter category, there shouldn't be a problem personality-wise.

As for physical effects, depending on the person, short term memory can be a problem. Smoking weed is more harmful on the lungs than tobacco because of tar levels. But then again, a joint a day isn't going to do much damage in the long run, just like one or two cigarettes is either. Honestly though, it sounds like you're making much bigger of a deal out of this than you should be. It's not like she's blazing all day. If you don't like her habit, drop her, or at least be a man and tell her. It does seem like you're trying to fish for a reason for her not to smoke. I know loads of people who hate stoners, despite having tried it, or being educated on the subject. It's just in their nature, and it seems like you're one of them. It's just not for everybody...
>>
>>37036047
Weed isn't directly harmful but sometimes when you get fucked up and do stupid shit, it's blamed on the weed.
>>
>>37038979
wrong
>>
>>37036517
20 dollars is about a half 8th. That is a lot in one sitting. Just because you do an even more ridiculous amount doesn't mean that 20 dollars a night isn't a lot.

I used to smoke a fuck ton too. And in hindsight it was obviously just escapism. Now I can smoke a one hitter 2 or 3 times a week and enjoy the high rather then just smoking myself stupid burning 3 or 4 large bowls in a sitting
>>
Some people really dislike weed smokers, some people are neutral, some people love smoking weed, and absolutely no one changes their opinion of it because a bro on the 4chan told them to. If you don't like weed, you should just find a different girl who doesn't smoke it OP.
>>
>>37038141
Its the same reason why all alcoholics are sad depressed people. If someone just does it casually you would never know because its not a big part of their life.
>>
>>37036034
firstly ur being a faggot
secondly if its an issue either try to resolve it or educate yourself more about it
there's a clear line between smoking weed once or twice a week to chill alone or with friends and having a dependency on it
maybe you should have some and see for yourself
>>
>>37036048
That's not true at all. Weed may slightly help Casio gains, if anything.
>>
Women who smoke often cheat. 1. She has to associate with scumbag men to get weed connections, and 2. She is fucking high all the time. She'll make irrational decisions, like giving in to cheating.
>>
File: image.png (112 KB, 511x671) Image search: [Google]
image.png
112 KB, 511x671
>>37036034
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF02246977
>>
>>37036034
The long term dangers of regular weed use include decrease grey brain matter, resulting in memory problems, increased risk of mental illness and a bunch of other stuff. Why does no one know about this they mention this every time a new study on weed comes out
>>
>>37036614
Not the same anon, but I've never seen anyone being as obnoxiously defensive about their poison as weed addicts.

Feel free to destroy yourself, nobody would care if you didn't sound like a jehova witness.
>>
File: Voldemort's Rudimentary Body.jpg (45 KB, 499x381) Image search: [Google]
Voldemort's Rudimentary Body.jpg
45 KB, 499x381
>>37036034
If you don't like her smoking weed, ask her to stop or just break up with her and be clear to her that you're not comfortable being in a relationship with a smoker.

If it's not bothering you enough to break up over it, you need to find a way to comfortably rationalize her smoking with yourself.
>>
>>37036047

this means that nobody ever has died for doing something stupid while really high? Yeah, right.
>>
>>37036047

>smoking it is far less dangerous

>smoking it

>smoking

you realize lighting up anything puts carcinogenic tar in your lungs, you fucking retard?

read: cancer

kill yourself
>>
>>37043343
You sound like a dumb cunt.
>calling someone a weed junkie
dyel?
Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.