[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>walk for 60min on flat surface, don't break a sweat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 227x222
>walk for 60min on flat surface, don't break a sweat and heart-rate barely moves.
>cardio app tells me I burned nearly 300 calories

>walk UP and DOWN hills for 60 minutes, sweating, hot as fuck, huffing and puffing, heart rate skyrocketing, blood pumping like crazy
>cardio app tells me I burned nearly 300 calories

What the fuck? surely this is wrong??????
>>
60 min
300 cals
Ayylmao
>>
http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm
>>
>>36985516
thanks for your shit post faggot

>>36985538
this doesn't help because i don't know the stats of half the shit to enter in that.....

just use common sense and refer to my original post

there's no possible way that 60 minutes of walking on a flat surface without breaking a sweat or having heart rate skyrocket did the same as 60 minutes of walking UP and DOWN hills that made me huff n puff like a mad man right?

i dont have information of my VO2 max or HR, im going by feels....the HR barely moves with the flat walking but the UP and DOWN hill walks make my HR skyrocket
>>
File: 21321230.gif (2 MB, 340x205) Image search: [Google]
21321230.gif
2 MB, 340x205
>>36985583
durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
drrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
>>
1 hour of cardio in any fashion, sweating and dying or barely breaking a sweat results in the same thing. Cardio is weird and useless
>>
>>36985500
Does it matter though?

The hiking thing is type 2 cardio and not even good for your heart.

Cardio is about training at a consistent and slow paced heart rate, trying to maximize the work one can do without having skyrocketed heart rate.
>>
>>36985634
that's fucking bullshit lol.

going up and down hills is essentially doing HIIT, it burns fuck loads more calories than just briskly walking around the block on a flat surface
>>
>>36985500
I guess that your shitty app dosnt connect with a heart rate monitor.

moron
>>
>>36985729
This.

I have a really expensive huge treadmill at home. It has HR monitor that you connect to.

When I do a MASSIVE incline and walk slowly up it for 1 hour, I can easily burn nearly like 600+ calories. If I have no incline and just keep it flat my 1 hour of cardio is more like 200 calories or so.
>>
>>36985662
wtf
>>
it's simple. every calorie you burned going uphill was cancelled out going downhill.
>>
>>36985818
I know this is bait, but I want to bite.

You actually burn more calories going downhill than you burn walking on flat surface. Going Up and Down hill is essentially HIIT.

t. physicist / fitness enthusiast.
>>
> doing 1 hour of cardio

Damn, is everyone ITT a lifeless NEET?
>>
>not doing 1 hour of cardio every day
>>
>>36985778
>>36985778
What did you not understand?

Cardio != full retard runs with racing heart rate.,
>>
>>36985634
how stupid are you
>>
>>36985844
that was the easy to spot type of bait we call "A joke" nice spot.
>>36985500
this thread is retarded, and machines of the sort you are using are most of the time retarded as well.
keep walking up and down hills and god be with you.
>>
>>36985662
>The hiking thing is type 2 cardio and not even good for your heart.

Painfully wrong.
>>
The app is literally using the motion sensor in your phone to approximate the number of steps you've taken, not the difficulty of said steps.
>>
>>36985500
>counting exercise calories
kek'd
>>
>>36985500
Those apps aren't accurate lolz
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.