[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can a dyel like myself make it through buds? If there are any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Can a dyel like myself make it through buds? If there are any ex-bud/s students any advice is welcome
>>
>>36981883
It's more about endurance and mental toughness.

There are two fairly easy things you can do to toughen up:

-Take icewater baths. Just dump a sack of ice into a tub of cold water, and then jump in there. Do this until it does not bother you anymore. Do it until you can stay in there for a half-hour or more without feeling hypothermiated.

-Run uphill with weight on your back. Start light, but increase it toward 75% or more of your own body-weight. Get used to carrying a bunch of shit on your back and then running uphill until you puke.

Also, take as many SCUBA courses as possible to figure out if you have any problems with that sort of thing.
>>
>>36981904
My nsw mentor has us doing some second phase drills now, but our other candidates are trying to earn billets. I just don't want to be too weak under the logs or IBS
>>
>>36981883
Shameless self bump for any buds stories
>>
>>36981883
Eat. More. Fucking. Food. GOOD FOOD. I don't wanna hear "I cant gain weight". Eat healthy and eat a lot. I've seen dudes bigger than you get hypothermia, wake up in icu and ultimately have to ring that fucking bell. Eat as much as you can in boot and do a shit load of pushups in the mean time.
>>36981904
This guy has some good ideas. Minus that fucking ice bath..
If you're going to go through with this just realize that you might have to do a shittier job that you dont want because a LOT of people fail BUD/s.

Good luck, squid.
>>
>>36982974
Thanks man, I've gained about 15 pounds in the last month, trying to just keep packing on lean muscle, should I just try to gain weight and then cut?
>>
Dude you already look great don't bother
>>
>>36983493
Thanks man, but I want to be as reliable as possible for other candidates, establish an early reputation
>>
Went to buds, rang out. If you are good at css don't worry about swims. Easiest thing you will do at buds. You want good shoulder endurance/strength for boats/logs and lunges. Lunges for days. Get your 4 mi run down to 26 min at least in sneakers to pass the beach runs. You will be running literally everywhere so run. Run. Run. Buds is a running mans game. Dont worry about the cold. It will suck but deal with it. Extra muscle will only hold you back, you want to be lean like a triathlete. Good luck.
>>
>>36983678
Thanks for the advice, a lot better than the general shit you get from Google. If you don't mind me asking, what drove you to ring the bell?
>>
>>36983705
I was under the log and there was a guy in my boat crew, super motivated. He was holding the log up pretty much by himself and motivating us, telling us to put out. I realized that I didn't have the fire in the gut anymore like he did and made me second guess myself. Rang out the next day. You will find out very quickly how badly you want to be there. Funny enough he dropped too. Buds is no joke.
>>
>>36983755
That's crazy, would you mind chatting on kik or something?
>>
>>36983755
Would you mind messaging through kik or something?
>>
>>36983991
>>36984004
pls respond
>>
>>36984393
^not op
>>
Read the making of class 226 by dick couch. Ex seal follows a modern class at buds. Exciting read it really motivated me to get off my ass. I believe marcus lutrell grqduates from that class
>>
>>36984854
I've read both Dick Couch books related to seal training, and you are correct, luttrell was medically rolled from 226 and joined 228 after hell week
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.