[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So guys, what's up with sweeteners? Especially Stevia Do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: stevia.jpg (76 KB, 698x1024) Image search: [Google]
stevia.jpg
76 KB, 698x1024
So guys, what's up with sweeteners? Especially Stevia
Do you use any, /fit/?

Make it clear for me because the internet says all kinds of shit.

My family recently started to sell this, so we have infinite amount of it at home. I looked it up and found many ups and downs of it.
To admit it, I use it but only very rarely, when making protein pancakes for example

But my family fucking uses it every day for every single meal. They stopped drinking normal water for a month now and only drink stevia water because it's "detoxing". Bullshit.
I can show them any facts and studies and they won't believe me. They claim it's the best thing ever and they actually giving me shit for not doing this stupid Stevia detoxing with them.

I read somewhere that since your body thinks it will get sugar, it drops the blood sugar levels and glucose levels, then when it realizes that this shit is 0 calories, it has to build up the blood sugar and glucose, and by doing this it will destroy muscle and protein. Or some shit like that. That's why I'm scared of it.
>>
>>36932569

I don't add sugar to my cereals or tea anymore. I think I'm better off without it.
>>
>>36932569
Pic semi-related. This isn't the exact type my family is selling. But yeah.

And I can tell my family all I want that a sweetener's job is to replace sugar, not to put it into everything, but they don't believe me. Like, if you wanna use it instead of sugar in your morning coffee, go ahead. But not drinking normal water, just this shit the whole day, is definitely not healthy.

They also all managed to lose 1-2kg in a month. They keep telling me how good it is, but when I tell them that it doesn't show at all that they lost and that they are still fat, and only lost muscle, they ignore me. I can even prove it, because my brother also works out. He's trying to lose I'm trying to gain, but before he would do bicep curls with 15kg dumbbells, after a month of stevia only, no cardio, and losing 1.5kg, he can only curl with 12kg dumbbells, and he looks the same.

Having a stubborn fucking normie family sucks.
>>
>>36932607
Same. If you want to lose weight or stay healthy, just stay away from sweet shit instead of try to find shortcuts like sweeteners.

I find that it's only good in protein cookies/pancakes, just one drop to take away the dull taste of oats.
>>
bamp
>>
File: hmmm.png (660 KB, 1106x1012) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.png
660 KB, 1106x1012
>>36932607

>putting sugar in tea
>>
>>36932569
just force yourself away from sugary shit until you no longer crave it/feel disgusted after eating it.
>>
>>36932569
Never bought tried an extract,but most stevia containing product had a weird soap like taste,including coke. Rathe go for coke zero or pepsi max if I'm indulging in some diet soda.
>>
The entire reason to avoid sweets and soda is not because a drop of chocolate will liquify your gains and make you baloon out like a corpse left out in the sun. It's because once you start getting used to sweet things you start to crave it. Sugar in itself is not that dangerous, but getting addicted to it is.

That's what your family is doing, anon. They are getting addicted to the sweet taste. They might as well be putting sugar in their water. It won't be long until they move on to sodas and sweets to satisfy the sugar craving that stevia doesn't, and from there it's all downhill. Godspeed.
>>
>>36932569
Bro Tier
>Agave
>Molasses
>Fruit (higher the fiber the better)
>Aspertane
okay tier
>Honey
>Stevia
>Brown Sugar
Absolute garbage never to touch
>Raw Sugar
>Sugar Cane
>High Fructose Corn syrup
>>
>>36932569
You don't need sweeteners. If you want sweet, cook with onions, carrots, shallots, berries and fruits etc.
>>
>>36933024
Just ordered some agave, thanks for reminding me.
>>
>>36932569
I stick with natty sweeteners like stevie, moonrise, inositol, xylitol, and I avoid aspartame and other unnatty sugars. Some research says bad things and that's enough for me to avoid that shit, but most natty sweeteners have a history of use going back centuries without any noticeable issues. Plus stevia and inositol have a very clean sweetness, often that is not the case tho.

Useless for baking tho there are other subs.
>>
>>36932569
>They stopped drinking normal water for a month now and only drink stevia water because it's "detoxing"

I like stevia as a sweetner, but god damn, your family is retarded.
I heard too much of it can give you the shits. Do they have the shits, OP?
>>
>>36933119
They have had some serious mud butt going on. Seriously can smell pungent wet feces sweating out of their assholes.
>>
>>36933024
Aspertane? Thought that shit was dangerous
>>
>>36933119
I don't know bro, but for sure it isnt good for you if you take it in that amount

I believe it's good to replace sugar you would take in anyways, but it's not good anymore if you use it in every single fucking thing ever.

And yeah. They all have their 2.5l bottle they carry around, fill it with water and cucumber in the morning, and put in 20 drops of stevia. Shit tastes like liquid sugar. And they drink that 2.5l everyday. That's their detox.
>>
They are stupid
>>
>>36933373
Afaik, there was SOME evidence that it was dangerous in a research study that was done 20 something years ago, but no other study has been able to replicate the results. For all intents and purposes, aspartame is perfectly fine. In moderation, of course

I personally prefer stevia for most of what I do, erythritol is another great one but too much of it can cause "intestinal distress"
>>
>>36933907
Sweets are fucking bullshit for degenerates either way.

Fuck you.
>>
>>36933907
Aspartame is basically the most studied food product at this point, and is universally safe in normal doses. What gets me is that without reading any information about tested facts, people assume it's much better/safer "because it's natural". NIGHTSHADE is natural. That doesn't mean stevia is bad, it's just less researched.

But yeah, frequent excessively sweet food will kill your willpower when it comes to snacks.
>>
>>36932569
THEY ARE SAFE.
I use sucralose cause its cheap and super sweet
>>
>>36933024
>honey not being god tier on a level of its own
>preferring machine processed substances over the nectar or nature

Your opinion is irrelevant
Stay pleb
>>
>>36933024

your "list" is a total joke. you and everybody who takes your crappy advice seriously should consider suicide.
>>
>>36932569
>I can show them any facts and studies and they won't believe me.
Should have stopped their. You can't argue with stupid.
>>
No memes pls.

I'm subbing in stevia for some stuff lately to add a bit of sweet while I'm trying to get keto. I've never been much of a sweet tooth, but there are a few things that need it to not taste like ass. Should I be using something else instead?
>>
>>36934332
For keto? No. Stevia, Erythritol, even Aspartame (in some people, it depends person to person) are all perfectly fine if you're shooting for keto. The only issue is that they can increase cravings for sweets, which may cause you to intake those carbs and sugars that you're trying to avoid. That's a willpower thing though
>>
I use it extensively in everything I want sweet and like a half a dropper full sometimes..

never use any sugar/honey/agave etc any more..
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.