[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Asking out a waiter or waitress
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9
File: stoklasano.jpg (38 KB, 663x579) Image search: [Google]
stoklasano.jpg
38 KB, 663x579
/Fit have you ever done this? How did it go down? Do you regret doing it or not doing it? Any waiters or waitresses have experience/ an opinion on this happening to you?
>>
File: 1436498138627.jpg (233 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1436498138627.jpg
233 KB, 1024x1024
>>36887586
Dated a starbucks barista some years ago. She rejected me the first time I asked her out at her work. We ran into each other at a bar some months later, and I asked her out again. She said yes. We had a good/fun/happy on-and-off relationship for a while. We just ended up going different directions in life.

Other time, I drunkenly asked out a bartender at a pub I used to frequent. She said no she doesn't date customers, but ended up writing her number on a paper she slipped under my tab at the end of the night. I called some days later, and she didn't pick up, so we never went out. She really wasn't my type, I just wanted to bone her.

What is your specific situation, OP?
>>
>>36887586
Girlfriend is a waitress, ama.
Just be aware that they DO flirt and be super nice to ALL customers just for tips
>>
>>36887645
I'm sorry the first one didn't work out for you man, but I'm happy you had it work out in the end from what it sounds like, even if it were just for a little. And for the Second one, that's odd she gave you her number anyways . . . Wonder what she was thinking
>>36887652
How did you do it? How did you get an idea she would say yes? I just assumed you can't think smiling and all that can't be a sign, since that's just something a good waitress would do. The only thing I can think of is if they stay at your table and actually talk.

So for both of you, I just moved to an area a few months ago. Every Wednesday me and some guys from work go out. We get the same girl, since we request her now. Lately I was just talking to her about a screw up at work and how bad it was, now we have a running joke where she'll get a kick out of some embarrassing life stories and she rates how bad they are. Kind of the running joke now. Even then she'll always come and talk to us fora good time before too. my friends from work think she likes me and I should go for it, I always thought it was taboo. Wanted second opinions.
>>
>>36887586
Seconding this, also wondering about cashiers/clerks in stores

>/adv/ told me not to because if she really wanted to talk to you, she'd find a way to get you her number instead of you asking her
>tfw attracted to shy, quiet girls who don't hand out their number to everyone
>>
File: 1454283501538.jpg (95 KB, 653x490) Image search: [Google]
1454283501538.jpg
95 KB, 653x490
>>36888009
This is exactly how I feel, but maybe she is just waiting for you to make the move. Since she is at work after all
>>
>>36887586
Don't flirt or ask people out at work, they have to be nice to you and they hate it. They have to be friendly, and that's always misinterpreted as flirting. They are not flirting with you. They just want tips, and for you to get your shit and leave.

Don't ask people out at their workplace, not if you're a customer, not if you're a coworker. They can't just walk away, they can't tell you to fuck off, they have to smile and be nice or they get fired. It's rude as shit to even do this. Don't.
>>
>>36888224
/thread
>>
>>36887586

Go home, Charlie.
>>
>>36887586

I don't think it's a good idea.

It's their job to be nice to men all day. And they get hit on all the time. You just end up looking like everyone else.

But shit, it does happen that guys get numbers this way.
>>
>>36888224
That's not true. I'm a bartender and I don't mind when I get hit on by customers. It's kind of rare, but some waitresses go on to date customers. Just keep in mind every dude in the place is nonstop hitting on them, every day. So lots of competition and sometimes an over inflated ego
>>
>>36887586
like literally any other interaction with women it will boil down to whether she just wants/values you or not

>guy she doesn't desire asks her out at work
euw! gee i'm at WORK asshole, i HAVE to be nice to people GOD.
>guy she considers 'chad' asks her out at work
oh wow he's just so confident! I just got asked out by that guy on that table over there! Teehee!

t. someone who worked in a restaurant for 4 years because im a dumbass
>>
File: 1437217033549.jpg (31 KB, 385x386) Image search: [Google]
1437217033549.jpg
31 KB, 385x386
Asked out this hot albanian emigre 5'9 brunette waitress at this lounge (after some flirting). She didn't have her phone or whatever some bs excuse so I told her it was cool, I get it lol. Later she comes by and asks me to write my number down ?? (instead of writing hers LOL). Apparently she called me sometime later but I never pick up unsaved numbers. She didn't text or leave voicemail so I assumed she just elaborately rejected me.

Long story short, I meet her at a club (nyc) like 3 months later, we hit it off she says she called me but I didnt pick up, etc. We dated a little but she quickly realized that I was much younger than she was lol. She was 27 and I was 22 at the time (6'3 w a beard helps lol)

Anyway, enough of my anecdote. Eye contact, flirt, see if she reciprocates. It's best to try in the evenings when the female staff are more likely to have taken a few shots on the house or from customers during work. There's no real secret, You're either attractive enough to pick up pussy or you're not.
>>
There's a girl at the panda express I'm stupid enough to be into and want to ask out.

It's sort of a weird situation, I work in the same shopping center and used to go there for lunch all the time and we'd make small talk sometimes, and she asked me about my schedule and days off one time, but at the time I was involved with another girl and i did not pickup on the signals.

Anyway, fast forward a few months of not going because my schedule changed at work and I decided to go in and I saw her and remembered her and we started talking a bit when I came in again.

She definitely doesn't act normal when I come in now though and I don't know if it's because she likes me or thinks I'm a creeper. I'm honestly getting tired of eating panda express a few times a week though so I just want to ask her out the next time I get a chance to talk to her and be done with it.

If she thinks I'm a stalker creep she can just say no and I can never go back again and she won't have to deal with me anymore. If she likes me, which I think she might, she just might feel awkward because I've been so damn slow in asking her out, then that'll be good and I can still stop eating panda fucking express all the time.

I'm like almost a year out of my last relationship and I genuinly feel ready to talk to this girl now, like I wasn't before. I don't want to fuck it up because I'm not interested in girls very often, but this one just seems a little cuter to me everytime we talk/i see her.
>>
>>36888363

Its situational, you dont have to be chad either.

I was at a bar and the bartender lost her favorite bottle opener. I had a keychain opener and let her have it.

It meant the world to her and it made her very interested in me. I was just being nice too, didnt even want her number.

She offered me a ride home and instead i went to her place for tea.
>>
This is now my personal advice thread

not rally, but pls /fit/

>go to grocery store
>cashier is qt
>think about asking for her number
>situation just doesn't pan out for that
>get home and realize I accidentally bought double of something
>drive back to store to return it
>fuck it I'll ask her
>perfect timing anyway, there's no line so I can actually talk to her
>talk for a second, ask for number
>she asks me to write mine down instead
>fuggit she's not gonna call me but I do it anyway
>get no text or anything for days
>figure she was just being nice
>check facebook for first time in a month or so because I don't use it anymore
>cashier girl added me on facebook
>assume I sperg'd and wrote my number down wrong
>accept request and send her a message
"Hey, something wrong with my number? lol"
>message has remained unread for a week

I don't know how to proceed. I don't want to double message and look insecure but I'm wondering if it even makes sense to pursue after this long.

help pls
>>
>>36888393
you did everything right
she prob sperged herself

women are like children
very indecisive
>>
I asked out the girl behind the counter at jamba juice (booster juice in canada) by holding my phone out and opening the drawpad just saying "draw your number into my phone". And she smiled and actually scribbled her number in with her her finger.

She was a really shitty conversation though. Liked horses and seemed autistic despite being really beautiful
>>
>>36888393
It's POSSIBLE she doesn't check facebook often either.

>>36888428
what he said
>>
>>36887586
I've gone on dates with a few waitresses/bartenders

Only dated one long term.
>>
>>36888393
Just leave it. That was a really stupid thing to message her with.
>>
>>36888392
you really think she let you come back to her place and all that because you gave her a bottle opener and not because she found you attractive/you interested her? Really senpai
>>
>>36888428
>>36888437
Naw, her recent posts have popped up on my feed too.

It's possible she just literally hasn't noticed, but I want to know if another message is warranted to call her attention to the first one. I'm guessing something more jokey/flirty for the second one would be my best bet because a third message is out of the question.

>>36888432
I think beautiful autistic girls are much more common than we realize. Beautiful people get away with more crazy because people want to have sex with them anyway.
Works for men and women.
>>
>>36888383
You guys got any advice for me on how to proceed? If she doesn't think I'm weird, her coworkers probably are starting to think so. I just want to end this soon, but the last few times I came in when she was there we didn't really get a chance to talk besides like saying hi from across the room.
>>
>>36888481
No second post. Even if she responds it probably won't lead to much because she's just only slightly interested in you. At best you might get a one night stand if she's a whore, but if you actually like her, move on.
>>
>>36888510
yeah what this anon said. sounds like she's wishy washy

I mean why not, message her again who cares but be direct. You can tell her you're not interested in anything serious. Invite her to your place for xyz whatever. If she doesnt respond positively, move on. It's a numbers game
>>
I wonder if she's my ideal girl, and what would happen if we dated in the real world. Nah, I wouldn't want to risk what we have, and have to tip because of that.
>>
>>36888224
So because they have to be polite to the guy asking her on a date we should not ask girls out at their workplace?

Very stupid. Low energy post
>>
>>36888481
the obvious next message is "pls respond"
>>
File: MAGA.jpg (58 KB, 424x362) Image search: [Google]
MAGA.jpg
58 KB, 424x362
>>36888383
>>36888485

Honestly, with me you never know until you try. One girl I that was in the same work place (not same office, so I dont eat where I shit). Got to the point she was all I thought about, just got weird about it, never asked her out, which was probably for the better. Im saying this since it sounds like you could be on the same train, so if your going to do it just get it over with trust me.

Next girl was at an ice rink, bumped into her, said sorry and I liked her hat. Later that night asked her out, said yes, but nothing really came after is after first date.

Next girl from school I really liked, asked her out, said no.

Ultimately, was really glad about the last two, the first one I was always upset I never tried. Worst comes to worst, she says no, you go your own way. It will feel bad at first, but youll feel so much better in the end that you tried later in time. Trust me.
>>
File: Illturnthisdamnbusaround.jpg (50 KB, 1023x575) Image search: [Google]
Illturnthisdamnbusaround.jpg
50 KB, 1023x575
>>36888224
I completely understand this, but the problem is >>36888344 and other people I know also have success from this, so it's so conflicting I dont know how they tell the difference between just a nice normal waitress vs someone that may be flirting with them. I have no idea man.
>MFW I think about this topic
>>
File: e1RoF.jpg (29 KB, 383x500) Image search: [Google]
e1RoF.jpg
29 KB, 383x500
>>36888393
You did everything right, maybe minus sending the message. DO NOT send her another, if it wasn't meant to be, it wasn't meant to be. Maybe if you really wanted to you could go to the grocery store?

I dont know even then you would need to be careful, just kind of go to see if she remembers the last exchange with you and see if anything comes up of it, just dont bring it up at all and just see if you just being there makes her remember. Otherwise, im sorry m80, not the first or last time it will happen to someone. Can speak from experience, just keep exploring the wonderful world of women. Dont force the issue so to speak
>>
Once I approached a cute girl at a bar and got blown off because I was kind of awkward about it (normally a bit smoother but this one just didn't go well, part of the game). I didn't think anything of it until I brought a date to the same bar a few days later and our waitress was the cute girl. Turned out she worked there and was just off duty when I hit on her.

Nothing happened, but it was definitely awkward when she and I both realized what was going on.
>>
>>36888393
Cut her name into your arm and send her a video of the act
>>
>>36888438
How did they work out ultimately? Did they go as you expected or are waitresses different since they probably get hit on all the time?
>>
> implying I would ever date someone who makes so little money

That's cute OP.
>>
>>36889291

Want to know how I know youre a NEET neckbeard?

>people cant work and study simultaneously
>>
>>36889239
I'm tried to be an alcoholic for a while. So I would spend all day every day in bars/restaurants. You get to know people pretty well when you spend so much time with them.

They are just regular people, expect the ones that flirt for tips. But those girls are all skanks anyway.
>>
>>36889359
How about you say that to me in person and not online and see what happens
>>
>>36888224
>>People don't know how to politely say no
>>
>>36889359
lets be real tho

maybe 1/4 people in service industry are getting more education
>>
>>36887586

As a bartender, if a female patron wanted to ask me out this is what they should do. Be attractive, flirt back, smile, come in and get to know me more than once, tip well, write your # on the receipt with your name.
>>
>>36890030
weak b8 m8
>>
>>36888745
Thanks dude. I think it's already at massive awkward autism levels for both of us, but fuck, i'm just going to try. I just feel like an idiot randomly eating panda express sometimes days in a row. I've been eating there a lot lately because I just want to get it over with, but it's making the awkwardness way more awkward with her and her coworkers i think. Holy shit i just want this to be over for better or worse. I think this girl is really cute though.
>>
>>36890051

What? Literally not fucking bait. I'm a bartender, and in college. I flirt with cute girls that come in, I've had a handful leave me their numbers, but I've never called because I'm already going home to a qt gf who worships every aspect of me.
>>
>>36890221
Can you be less than 21 and still bartend?
>>
>>36890030
Are you being serious, cause i have been frequenting this place for about 4 months now, she defiantly knows me. But would would happen if I wrote my number down, she never texts or calls? How would it be the next time I came in
>>
>>36890254
If you don't live in the shit hole that is America yes
>bartender at 19
>pulled $20k a summer for first two years of university
>graduated with no student loans

Bartending 5 nights a week is fucking tough though. Last thing you want to do on your night off is go out with your buddies.
>>
>>36890254

Depends on the state you live in. They all have different laws about when you're old enough to pour alcohol and serve alcohol. I live in Ohio and here it's 21 here to bartend and 18 to serve but in New York it's 18 for both.
>>
>>36890269
Just show you don't give a fuck.

"Hey, it was worth a shot. No harder feelings."

Simple as that. I've had girls I worked with turn me down. It's only as awkward as you make it. Be the bigger person and break the ice that may result asap and all will be well.
>>
>>36887586
I tend do only do this to twin peak/hooter girls, I like showing off to my buds that I can pull them while they just "BRO LOOK AT DAT ASS" but don't do anything about

>mfw I am broly and they are krillin
>>
>>36890297
So at that point could I just ask as Im about to leave? Since she could just say no, I say of course no problem, see you next week. Or do you think the receipt putting the number is that much better?
>>
>>36890269

Yes I am, but first ask yourself these questions.

1). Do you actually flirt with her?
2). Can you catch her eye and smile at her and have her smile back?

If you answered yes to both of these, go for it. If you answered no, still go for it, because it's better than living in regret.
>>
>>36890297

This anon has a point too. Just don't make a big deal out of it if it doesn't work out.
>>
>>36887586
Girls that are considered "waitresses" that i've dated.
coldstone
starbucks
logans steak house
carolina ale house

None of them really turned into good dates,
most of them rejected me the first time I asked them out.
Only one I actually dated for a while was the steak house girl, who is a sweet heart. Just not right for each other.

Odds are you won't go anywhere with it and it's really a numbers game.
Keep asking waitresses out, eventually one will say yes.
That's really all there is to it.
>>
>>36890347
for the record i've asked a ton of girls out, just don't make it awkward if you want to keep going there.
moved to new town, asked starbucks chick out.
>didn't realize i'd be going there almost every other day.
good thing i didn't go full autist.
>>
>walk into Applebee's OC'ing my gunz
>smile at the waitress
>tell her I killed sandniggers in the middle east as I wait on my order
>fuck her in the bathroom
>>
>>36890254
>being a bartender when you don't know what your own drinks taste like
Maybe if all you're serving is miller beer and cheap liquor.
>>
File: 1461339787808.jpg (65 KB, 750x837) Image search: [Google]
1461339787808.jpg
65 KB, 750x837
>>36890384
How?
>>
>>36887586
I'm the byproduct of dad hitting on the cocktail waitress. She was going through a bad breakup in which she cosigned on the dude's car and dad was studying law. The dude, after breaking up, stopped making payments on his car and they were sending her his bills. So my dad found mom, liked her, found out she was freaking out about that whole situation, and he got her out of it. They'll be celebrating their 30th in like 2 years or something, something like that.

But having been a host that worked with servers, idk dude they were all total bitches when they weren't fake smiling. Wouldn't recommend.
>>
I've been a waiter since I was 18. Every-girl I've ever worked with deals with guys hitting on them in one of two ways. Smiling, being nice and walking away; and then going to the back creeped out to tell all the other staff about some creepy dude hitting on her. Or smiling, being nice and walking away; and then going to the back to laugh at the creepy dude hitting on her with all the other staff. Don't hit on people at their work. We're just there to do our jobs and make money, it just so happens we HAVE to be nice to you to do that. It's a weird quasi-professional situational relationship between servers, bartenders and their customers. Please don't make our jobs harder than they have to be
>>
never

ever

date a bartender

they are two faced cunts who are only using you
>>
File: 1387115819350.jpg (55 KB, 559x364) Image search: [Google]
1387115819350.jpg
55 KB, 559x364
>>36888224
> advice for betas
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.