[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is fit the place to get general health advice or is that elsewhere?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1439678094656.jpg (49 KB, 503x521) Image search: [Google]
1439678094656.jpg
49 KB, 503x521
Is fit the place to get general health advice or is that elsewhere? I know this is mostly about exercise of one kind or another.
>>
>>36855843
we can do general health advice
as long as it's related to preparing you for some no homo man loving
>>
>>36855843
For a common cold maybe, for cancer probably not.
>>
>>36855859
No, I've just kinda reached the end of my rope with something.

Basically, I have some kind of digestive problem. There are periods of one or two weeks where I can't eat anything without getting constant, burning, yellow squirts. And I mean, it's like having food poisoning for half a month. My body just completely flushes my digestive tract like I swallowed a mercury razor blade and refuses to let me eat anything without doing it again. I essentially live on water and gatorade with maybe some rice when I don't have to worry about going anywhere.

It's been going on for years. I've had several rounds of blood and stool tests. No parasites, no food intolerance or malabsorptions, nothing other than a slightly elevated hemocrit and hemoglobin level. Apparently I have perfect blood oxygenation despite being out of shape. Nurses actually commented on this a few times.

I've had a CAT scan, Ultrasound and xray and they found I'm missing a kidney, but nothing else.

And these episodes seem to start for no reason. Not dependent on what I eat. I can eat terribly, nothing but fats and carbs and meat and cheese and be fine. When this latest incident started I was eating plenty of fiber, veggies and fruits, with eggs and low lactose cheese added in.

The next step is a colonoscopy but if they don't find anything I have no idea what to do. To me, it sounds like something wrong with my pancreas or liver/gallbladder, but I would think the blood tests would have ruled that out.
>>
>>36855962
Classic irritable bowel syndrome. If the colonoscopy goes nowhere then too bad for you. Google it and accept defeat.
>To me, it sounds like something wrong with my pancreas or liver/gallbladder
You're not a doctor. They have checked for this already. No you don't have any issues here.
>>
The only thing /fit/ will bring you is body dysmorphia and self-hate
>>
>>36856298
Back to /r9k/ weakling
>>
>>36856273
I actually do have medical training and the pain I have under the left side of the rib cage, plus the yellow shits indicating a lack of bile salts/bilirubin release are indicative of something going on there.

Of course, that pain might also be the left colonic flexure and the lack of proper coloration may be due to unusually high motility, so it could go either way.
>>
>>36855962
Ive heard a lot of good stuff about raw milk fasts
>>
bodybuilding.com is way better
>>
Cant they test you for gallstones using an ultrasound or something?
>>
File: 2346345236.jpg (40 KB, 517x488) Image search: [Google]
2346345236.jpg
40 KB, 517x488
>>36855962
>they found I'm missing a kidney, but nothing else
>>
>>36856696
Just a congenital fluke. Apparently about a 1/800 chance.

>>36856668
They can, dunno if they did. They just did an abdominal ultrasound but I don't know what they were looking for specifically.

>>36856608
I'll look into it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.