[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why has this place been flooded by self-pitying feels-tripping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9
File: faggots.jpg (10 KB, 229x34) Image search: [Google]
faggots.jpg
10 KB, 229x34
Why has this place been flooded by self-pitying feels-tripping faggots? Why has /fit/ of all boards, the antithesis of whinging and the crabs-in-the-bucket syndrome, become the hot new /r9k/ destination, since /r9k/ drowned in the rampant, relentless shitposting? Why has the drive to improve and better yourself and reach whatever goals and achievements you might've set out for yourself been replaced by the drive to cry woe-is-me about how everything sucks and it's all just so hard and have that behavior enabled by others, plus some lifting on the side?

Why are you all the sad cunts zyzz said you never have to be?
>>
>>36853805
/r9k/ has been bad for a long time, but you can pin the point of no return down to when 'Normie' became part of the common vernacular.
>>
>>36854005
>Normie
I fucking hate this word. Kill yourself, self-pitying /r9k/ers.
>>
>>36853805
This. Plus /fit/ is basically broscience general. What strikes me the most is how many threads are dedicated to petty arguments about whether you should eat before or after working out, whether you should drink cow's milk or soy milk, whether you should lift weights or do calisthenics. Just eat well and work every muslce until it hurts and you'll be fine. Not that complicated. Do you think all /fit/ people throughout history counted calories/macros while eating 6 meals a day, roided and worked out exactly 3*1h a week? If so you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>36854005
/r9k/ has been awfulwell before "Normie" existed. It went from great to terrible within the first year of its existence.

/fit/ got worse when they shut down /r9k/ and some other board (maybe it was /news/? been awhile). But here I am, posting on /fit/ before work while stretching, so who am I to complain?
>>
>>36853805
>/fit/
>the antithesis of whinging and the crabs-in-the-bucket syndrome
lol
>>
You know what?

Blame your misognistic attitudes. Hating on women is what attracts the MRA r9k shoot up a school coz I can't get laid crowd.
>>
/fit IS the new /r9k/. This place is toxic. Even reddit gives better advice than this shithole
>>
>>36854454
what attracts /r9k/ is:
>the "Chad" connection - they think /fit/ is successful with women
>/fit/izens making threads on /r9k/ trying to help them saying "you should lift weights"
>the "lookist" element of the anti-PUA movement is against using the gym to improve yourself because they say all that matter is FACE, HEIGHT, FRAME - that's where "gymcel" is from
>>
>>36854508
PUA?
>>
>>36854515
Pick-up Artists (learning how to pick up women).

there was a PUA forum where they talked about how to overcome their unsuccessfulness with women - it split into the ones who think "inner game" works (personality, confidence) and the ones who thought that it was all about looks (or looks, money and status).

The second group made another forum named puahate - that was then shut down after Elliott Rodger I think (somehow it had been involved) and they made a new forum named sluthate. Then they moved onto a new forum named lookism recently.

The HEIGHT, FACE, FRAME stuff is the sort of thing they talked about on sluthate.
>>
File: beta uprising-b.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
beta uprising-b.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>36853805
It's all over the site, really, though it stands out more here.

They've become aggressive about spreading their poison since the shootings started.
>>
>>36854541
Neat. What about gymcel? I get what it means but where does that word come from? At least meme words like manlet and dumb frogposter make sense.
>>
>>36854577
Incel = involuntary celibate

it's a play on that I think
>>
>>36854418
>went on /r9k/ when it was first re-introduced
>literally every thread was an original greentext thread
>retard greentexts, chav greentexts, fucked up shit greentexts, incest greentexts, advice greentexts, fat people greentexts, etc etc

I miss it ;_;
>>
>>36854541
IME the girls that are worth it care about looks, personality, confidence and mental stability. I've never ever had an issue with status or money and I'm 25 at my parents house and i get serious puss on the reg and i deliver pizza and do event security.

Slut hate and people like elliot roger exist because they aren't confident, dont have a personality or they can't handle rejection or just being told no. Looks and money will not get you "dat qt". These butthurt faggots will never accept this and just don't work on socializing and mental stability. More pussy for me.

Pro tip: don't get a gf until you're full chad and you really know who you want. You will end up getting cucked hard guarnteed. Very very few girls are loyal especially if you suck in bed or aren't satisfying their urges.
>>
>>36854591
right, a gymcel is someone who is sexually unsuccessful (I don't think they have to be celibate, just not a "slayer" who has easy sex with women) and tries to fix it by working out.
>>
File: 1459916368607.jpg (35 KB, 540x679) Image search: [Google]
1459916368607.jpg
35 KB, 540x679
Might as well have a bad feels boast on a bad feels boast
>tfw couldn't un lard before graduating HS
>tfw couldn't talk to qt puh too tea because of afforementioned
>tfw been dogging it these past few years everynow and then thinking of her
>fucking see her 3 days straight before St patties day then gone
>realized I'll probably never see her again

Life plan since the day i could speak was to join the army and die. Never before has it been reinforced this hard.

If you've ever wondered why a man would enlist, Here's a little insight

Pic unrelated just don't know what to feel anymore
>>
>>36855444
It's "Paddy's" lad.
>>
File: 1447966310508.jpg (87 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
1447966310508.jpg
87 KB, 453x604
>>36855466
My trips up your dubs feg

have a butt
>>
>>36855476
dub trips as well, nice glutes
>>
File: pepecry1.gif (31 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
pepecry1.gif
31 KB, 500x492
>>36854648
>no more 'that kid from school' threads
>>
>>36853805
I miss when /r9k/ was /b/ with a filter which meant higher quality albeit slower content and actual discussions.

They should make a /wiz/ board so all the forever virgins can be contained somewhere else
>>
File: 1447970070905.jpg (133 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447970070905.jpg
133 KB, 1080x1080
>>36855501
(4u)
>>
File: 1424870143860.png (177 KB, 1100x950) Image search: [Google]
1424870143860.png
177 KB, 1100x950
>>36855628
>They should make a /wiz/ board so all the forever virgins can be contained somewhere else

But we already have /fit/!

Joking aside I think /fit/ is basically where /r9k/ goes when they're ready to try and "get better," so I don't really begrudge them being here. I see a lot of nice advice/motivation given in feels threads and if they had been around when I was 18 (28 now, lol) I probably could have made it years before I did.
>>
>>36855628
I was there the day they opened /r9k/, it was never /b/ with a filter, even in it's golden age it was just a bunch of oldfags having boring discussions about their childhood albeit with far less wizardry
>>
>>36856361
Can you explain what robot 9000 was supposed to mean in the first place? Is it a reference to something? An old meme?
>>
>>36853805
it's always been like that

kill you are self
>>
File: birth of a villain.png (759 KB, 1968x1440) Image search: [Google]
birth of a villain.png
759 KB, 1968x1440
>>36856376

Well the robot part was because it was "modded" by a bot that wouldn't let you post if your text/pic content wasn't deemed original enough.

I'd put money on the 9000 being related to the "OVER 9000" meme, but I can't say for sure. I posted there before it was taken away (as I distinctly remember being cockblocked by the posting reqs a few times), but I wasn't around for its origins. Hopefully somebody else has a better answer for you.
>>
>>36856361
/r9k/ sucked from day 1.
>>
>the antithesis of whinging and the crabs-in-the-bucket syndrome
kek m8
/fit/ is just another kind of /b/. Just like /sp/, which sees itself as a sportsbar, /fit/ has become a place for bants and shitposting. The only difference is, that most of /fit/ take the whole thing serious, which makes it so cringey.
>>
>>36854372
Exactly. Half of /fit/ is arguments about veganism, milk or whatever bullshit and then other half is troll threads trying to put down those who actually lift and FREMM HEIFF FACC threads
>>
File: modschasingmoot.gif (1 MB, 238x190) Image search: [Google]
modschasingmoot.gif
1 MB, 238x190
Because the mods allow it.
>>
>>36853805
>he wasn't on /fit/ back when 50% of threads were picture of wojak with the only test being ">tfw no gf"
this is how I know you're a newfag
>>
>>36856376
xkcd -> zigdon -> /r9k/
have fun on google
>>
>>36856316
As a diagnosed aspie, I thought r9k was awesome when I first found it as a place for people who wanted to succeed but were held bad by mental issues. Soon, though, it became clear it's really just lazy assholes and trolls who think it's funny to pretend to be autist. So I started posting on /fit/ after lurking a bit and realizing it wasn't all chads and normie. I think it speaks for how much autists actually want to improve their situation that there's so many coming here instead of being content to believe those stupid "a pretty face is all you need" threads on r9k.
>>
>>36856436
>>36854372
I swear 90% of posts on /fit/ are made by skelly spergs who spend more time reading about fitness and nutrition than actually lifting and eating properly. Otherwise they would realise most of it is nitpicking.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.