[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i recently joined the gym, but my main goal is for health purposes,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
i recently joined the gym, but my main goal is for health purposes, short and long term

i don't care about gaining muscle mass and i don't care about looking muscular or buff at all.

is there any way i can increase my vitality without increasing my strength or muscle tone?
>>
>>36852743
>without increasing my strength or muscle tone?
Human doesn't work that way.
But do cardio.
>>
>>36852754
got it, so swimming, running for longer distance, biking

of the three, or any other cardio options, which one would increase my vitality the most with the least amount of muscle gain. essentially, which is the lightest and healthiest.

I am actually very healthy in terms of i can go long distances and sprint quickly for medium distances. I joined the gym with a friend, and want to avoid losing that sprint potential for extra muscle gain. aka, i like feeling spry and still full of stamina after an all out sprint.

(also, i wouldn't mind increasing my effectiveness in paintball (sprinting many times over a long period of time))
>>
Do cardio and use your gyms sauna
>>
Exercise doesn't mean shit regarding health if your everyday life includes enough basic movement.
Nutrition>exercise for health.
>>
>>36852934
good to know
so health's performance index has optimal gains per effort on eating correctly, and has secondary gains per effort on excersize

say i were eating healthily, what amount of movement would you say would be optimal in achieving the best health, assuming there are drastically depreciate gains as you excersize more. (the y would be health i guess
>>
>>36852899
Bra run like 10k a day and you'll achieve Ethiopian mode
>>
>>36852899
Have u seen the muscles on hussein bolt?

Gaining muscle wont fuck up your sprint
>>
>>36852743
Strength is wonderful for health purposes so you might want to rethink.
>>
>>36852899

HIIT
>>
>>36852899
You think you'll be a muscle bound freak after flailing around some dumbbells for a couple of months? Are you a little lady?
>>
this post is just odd as fuck. i can't imagine why someone would want to actually avoid being stronger.

fair enough, not everyone wants to train for it specifically, but actively avoiding it is just stupid lmao. i'm not going to help you there. if you have no interest at all in fitness then this thread has zero relevance to the board.
>>
>>36852899
strength absolutely is more important to your sprint than remaining light.

look at NFL players, most have a fair amount of chub and can move at speeds you can only dream of. and they can keep doing that for an entire match.

also look at olympic sprinters.

use your head, come on man.
>>
File: 1460296824694.jpg (127 KB, 629x731) Image search: [Google]
1460296824694.jpg
127 KB, 629x731
>>36852743
>i don't care about gaining muscle mass
It almost sounds like rather than not caring, you actively want to avoid it. Perhaps because there's work involved and excuses are so comfy. You are everything that is wrong with the modern fitness world. Please drink a gallon of bleach.
>>
>>36852743
Weight training is good for your health though.
>>
>>36852743

I bet you also look like shit
>>
>>36853024
i know, i'm just trying to see the relationship between immediate health, long term health, musclemass, and muscle gain in order to opt out my own personal performance index. in other words, i'm testing the waters of /fit/s knowledge to pick up the golden ratio of these three things. it's easier to find this by assuming no muscle than to go all out and explain that i want muscle gain but only to a certain degree.
>>
File: bruh.jpg (62 KB, 1024x651) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
62 KB, 1024x651
>>36853030
bruh
>>
>>36852743
wtf?

>I wanna gym but I dont want strong

eat healthy, do some cardio, avoid alcohol and cigarettes gj you're healthy now gtfo
>>
>>36853055
well that depends. you can achieve everything you want to a very high level if you so choose. it really depends on how you rank your goals in order of importance. for example if longevity is a main goal of yours then you MUST do lots and lots of mobility and stretching work, as well as strength training without a large caloric surplus.

remaining mobile into your later years provides you with innumerable benefits. you'll be able to sprint probably like you did at 40 years old if you are committed enough as you age. being mobile and strong at the same time reduces your chances of joint, tendon and muscle injury to nearly zero, provided you don't do anything dangerous or stupid in or out of the gym. your peers will hunch and cramp and grimace as they stand up out of their chairs, because they aren't strong and they aren't mobile. so do those if longevity is at all on your mind.
>>
File: 1409088673789.jpg (24 KB, 286x288) Image search: [Google]
1409088673789.jpg
24 KB, 286x288
>>36852743
Why don't you wanna be strong? Were you raised without a father or no male influence at all? Not even a cartoon like DBZ?
>>
>>36853055
If you strive for something like 1/2/3/4 it will make you overall healthier and more resilient against injury but won't be so much that it's a detriment for overall wear and tear or performance. It will actually boost your performance, unless you also get fat.

Unless you want to do marathons but then what's optimal is shit for everything else, including health.
>>
I feel like violently vomiting when adult males ask about how to have as little muscle mass as possible
>>
>>36853083
agility and mobility over time is my greatest desire. I enjoy being spry now and would enjoy it in my every stage in life.

thanks
>>
>>36852743
what the fuck is muscle tone?
>>
>>36853708
It's the continuous small contraction of muscles when at rest and as a response to passive stretch.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.