[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ACCUTANE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
About to start, wish me luck lads

Any fitizens have any good tips for the painful 8 months ahead?
>>
http://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-6661/accutane-oral/details/list-sideeffects
Have fun.
>>
>>36850667
living with debilitating cystic acne is worse friendo
>>
Stop right god damn now.

Listen to me. If your acne is not unarguably SEVERE, then DO NOT take this medicine. I was on accutane for a long time as a teenager when my acne wasn't bad enough to warrant it. Yes it cured my acne, but it also turned the skin on my face into a dry, red, porous version of what it was before I took the medicine.

I would suffer the acne and look for other options if I could do it over. I would be so much more attractive. Again, I qualify that it may be the better option if you acne is SEVERE. If it is moderate, then rethink your prescriptions immediately.
>>
>>36850718
I'm 21 and have it on face/back/glutes, been to the doctor and got prescribed clindatech and minocycline, cut dairy, washed pillows and it still persists. Not having one day of clear skin since 14 is enough to kill a mans spirit.
>>
>>36850718
Also, if you have never tried a serious facial care regime of quality products, including washing your face and applying lotion twice daily, as well as exfoliating several times per week and following your routine strictly, then try this first.

Follow the above plan as well as immediately change your diet. I almost guarantee you will notice results in one week. No fast foods, no heavily processed bullshit (chips, snacks, cookies and shit) - start buying and eating real, whole foods including a variety of vegetables, fruits and lean meats. It is not hard to buy kale, carrots and chicken pal. If you're 13 years old you can prepare it in 30 minutes.

These two lifestyle changes, coupled with a quality topical acne medication, will almost CERTAINLY BENEFIT YOUR LIFE AND ACNE MORE THAN ACCUTANE
>>
>>36850718
>>36850697
>>36850667

I had cystic acne and tried everything (even pissed on my face every morning) and accutane fixed it right up. No side-effects for me at all other than the obvious ones (dry B.S). I'm 23 now and I thought it would come back since it was so horrendous, but I am completely clear :)

Keep in mind that if you picked on your shit, you WILL have hyper-pigmentation and scars. So don't think the rainbow comes right after the rain on this one, I'm still trying to get laser and peels to fix the remnants of this terrible bullshit.

You're going to have very dry skin and lips, so get chapstick and a good moisturizer. If I recall correctly, it gets a little worse a month in before it clears it all up. Good luck my friend, you'll be clear before you know it.
>>
>>36850804
I'm glad you had a good experience, but many others including myself didn't. I stand by my recommendation to OP to try >>36850782
first.
>>
>>36850782
Some people get cystic acne regardless of all of this stuff. If anything, this would aggravate it even more (the cleaning part).

If your body wants you to have acne, you WILL have acne, and accutane is literally the only FIX there is for this bullshit.
>>
>>36850829
Washing your face properly with an appropriate wash should not ever aggravate existing acne.
>>
>>36850718
>when my acne wasn't bad enough to warrant it
>>36850827

If you're that post, then I agree, you shouldn't have gone on accutane. It is only for people that have tried everything with no results / cystic acne.

Trust me, I had a PERFECT diet and tried years of different cleansers and routines. Nothing worked. If this feels all too similar, OP, take accutane.
>>
>>36850804
Thanks brother, yeah I've reserved myself to the fact my scars will be hideous, but i'll cross that bridge when I come to it, how do you go shaving while on?
>>
Aquaphor works wonders for your chapped lips, and cetaphil for the rest of your face. Also, the moisturizing bars of dove soap are great for showertime.
>>
>>36850856
Yeah of course, if this is the case I say take it also. I just wanted to make sure OP exhausted other options first.
>>
>>36850846
Acne is RARELY a hygiene issue. It's a hormonal imbalance / genetics 95% of the time.

If anything, washing your face every day clears away the actual PH barrier (acid mantle, look it up) and washes away essential oils that your body then goes into overdrive to refill.

If anything, try Cetaphil if you must wash your face. It literally is a nothing-goo because it won't fuck with your acid mantle.
>>
>>36850625
I'm on a test/tren cycle and after the first month I was getting large pimples all over my back, bordering on acne. The thing that fixed it for me was using this soap that isn't actually soap called Cetaphil or something like that and its like magic. I use it whenever I shower. Also it's great for the face
>>
>>36850782
Accutane is literally the last resort, I wouldn't be considering it had my cystic acne be easily treated with a logical hygiene routine, my diet is really clean so that wasn't a factor, I've cut dairy, and have tried - benzoyl peroxide cream, apple cider vinegar, oats, proactive solution, towel over pillow, lots of water an the list goes on, it's an autoimmune disease and some people just have it ingrained in there DNA I guess, feels bad man
>>
>>36850858
I never shaved really. Just trimmed with a trimmer. Get a good moisturizer and apply afterwards.

Get an EXTREMELY good SUN-BLOCK lotion and apply daily. Accutane is an analogue of an extreme dose of vitamin A and that shit makes you SUPER sensitive to the sun. Stay away from the sun.

Again, good luck to you man. I can't tell you how happy you will be in a year's time. I used to get pimples that would stay on my face for WEEKS. A month or two into accutane, any new spots would disappear in a day or two. Eventually, I stopped getting them. if you're still a teenager (as I was when I took it), you'll still get minor spots, but again, they go away fairly quick.

I just wanted to poke my head in here, but I'm out. Good luck again.
>>
I had super bad cystic acne for all of my teen years and 8 months on a fairly small dose cleared it up in time for uni and has kept me clear for the past five years. I have no lasting sides. I just always kept Chapstick on me while I was on it and made sure to stay hydrated.

Also talk to your dermatologist about how it's effect is based on the cumulative dose, i.e. How many mg you've taken total over your entire treatment. The sides seem to be based more on how much has been in your system recently though, so if you're getting bad nosebleeds like my buddy did or developing chrons or something then you can stop taking it for up to a month without undoing any of the acne fighting gains you made up to that point. Or if any of the sides are too bad you can lower your daily dose and extend the total treatment time. My doc said I had to take something like 300 pills total and could do either 2 a day or 1 a day for twice as long. I was happy with 2 one day and 1 the next. Obviously don't take med advice from an Internet stranger but bring it up with your doc and take the smallest dose you can to minimize short term and long term sides.

Good luck bro, we're all gonna make it.
>>
>>36850868
>>36850898
>>36850905
Good info thanks guys, I'll have to look into Cetaphil
>>
>>36850968
Yeah the sensitivity to the sun is killer, lucky it's heading into winter and cheers for the information bro it's good hearing from people who have actually undergone it>>36850977

Yeah I'm starting out with one pill every two days first month then moving on to one every day second then I assume will go further up as the months go on, did anyone here get depressed/suicidal on? I know it's an unsubstantiated medical side effect but might it exacerbate your mental condition?
>>
Completely anecdotal, but me and my roommate in college both went on accutance and had absolutely no problems other than chapped lips, a few nosebleeds, and a lower alcohol tolerance.
My acne came back (it's been 3 years and I went off accutane early the first time) and I'm back on it now. Both times it cleared it up after 3 months. Aquaphor is GOAT lip moisturizer, and cetaphil is best face moisturizer
>>
>>36850780
try not showering or doing anything to your face for a week. It helped me out better than anything. Just go camp and be one with your gains, eating entire deer for your gains.
but seriously I've had a golf ball on the side of my face before
>>
>>36850804
this guy posts the truth. I also had painful cystic acne around my jawline/neck/back and went to 'tane. aquaphor for lips, cerave cream for face (the cream in the tub, not lotion, lotion makes u shiny), then some sunblock for your face (do your own research here, you need one thats non-comedogenic)

>>36850858
do yourself a favor and get an electric razor. you don't need shaving cream drying your face out even more.

word of caution:
i have a feeling that accutane may have fucked up my digestive system / aggravated my depression so there's that.
>>
>>36851172
kek
>>
>>36851086
I really hope i'm lucky like you haha, can you buy aquaphor at the pharmacy?

>>36851212
>fucked up my digestive system
in what way?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.