[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Plan on getting /fit/ again after a few years of neglect, using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: ak.jpg (87 KB, 558x718) Image search: [Google]
ak.jpg
87 KB, 558x718
Plan on getting /fit/ again after a few years of neglect, using bodyweight + kettlebells (as bodyweight workouts seem upper body-centric). Aside from functional strength gainz, what can I expect?
>>
You can expect /fit/ to shit on you for using KBs and bodyweight
>hurrr, do SS

Naw, but really, IMHO, bodyweight plus kettlebells is a match made in heaven.

No, you will not look like a bodybuilder. No, you will not break powerlifting records.

But! You can definitely gain some strength. You can definitely gain some muscle. You can definitely gain some cardio/strength-endurance and mobility gains, which honestly will probably improve your quality of life more than gaining more straight pure strength.

Also, they will match up with a good barbell program just beautifully if you so desire at any point in the future.

Godspeed, anon. Go for it.
>>
>>36829784
That's ok tho, the point of /fit/ should not be aesthetics but well...fitness. Those faggots seem to forget that at times.
>>
Wii fit and zumba
>>
>>36829917
Agreed.
>>
>>36829932
fuck off I don't wanna get too big
>>
>>36829651
Who is that? I think I may be related to him. Same face (unfortunately), exact same ab insertions. Is he my broski from another moski?
>>
>>36829965
Al Kavadlo. You'd be one lucky motherfucker.
>>
>>36829651
if you plan on getting big bodyweight is not the way to go, i've been doing calisthenics only for 2 years more or less and you get to a point where you only get better at what you do, no matter if you increase tension, change angles etc, so imo bodyweight + kettlebells should be good, because there are some muscles like mid delts that are hard to train unless you have weights
>>36829932
you forgot chia and 3min ab workouts
>>
>>36830080
No kettle bells
But lets say i have 2 to kilo dumbbells instead. Are they a decent replacement?
>>
>>36830011
Thats not Al Kavadlo dickhead, thats Alma Teaphot
>>
look up Pavel Tsatsouline's russian kettlebell routine and perform each exercise exactly as he says to. the guy is a god damn genius and is relatively unknown in the west, its a shame because his methods are fantastic.

without tsatouline the kettlebell wouldn't be heard of outside of eastern europe.
>>
>>36831267
gr8 b8 m80
>>
>>36831454
>pavel
>b8
how's that 200lb deadlift coming along?
>>
>>36829651

https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine

This is all you need, OP. Oh, and maybe some rings
>>
>>36829784
good kb resource?
>>
>>36831508
>tsatouline
>not a sleazy marketer forcing his lame brand of cardiobunny fitness on them sheeple
pick one
>>
>>36831605
the problem with tsatouline is that he is a marketer. it makes people who are in the know mistrustful of him. unlike mike chang and most other fitness-oriented salesmen, behind all his salesmanship is absolutely solid training strategy.
>>
>>36829651
>what can I expect?
a lot of wasted time and effort.
>>
>>36831523
>actual link to reddit

WTF has happened to this board? We used to have spreadsheets and memes for days when it came to this shit.
>>
>>36830080
>you get to a point where you only get better at what you do
there's another anon who's been posting his calisthenics routine here recently who says he reached 200lbs at 6'0 (he posted a picture, he isn't high bf% especially).

he uses a lot of volume, though - and some studies which have been posted multiple times on /fit/ showed negligible difference in results whether the subjects trained high-reps/low-weight or low-reps/high-weight as long as the volume remained the same.
>>
>>36831788
>happened

Lol how many reddit tabs you got open right now?

BTW did you fall for the SS meme like everyone else here?
>>
>>36831788
>We used to have spreadsheets and memes for days when it came to this shit.
the bodyweight general was moved to /asp/
>>
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 1080x720
>>36829784
>you can expect /fit/...

>>36829917
>the point of /fit/ is fitness... They same to forget that.

YOU ARE ON FIT QUIT TALKING ABOUT IT LIKE YOU'RE STILL ON REDDIT.
Just go back there and quit killing this place. Or maybe it's already dead...

Goodbye fags. I guess it's time for me to move on.
But not to reddit. Fuck that place.
>>
>>36831898

You're talking as if Reddit and 4chan are made of different users. They're the same fucking people.

What's your Reddit username?
>>
>>36829651
>>>/asp/1083806
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.