[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Personal trainer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 6088x4550) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 6088x4550
I'm a skinny guy who wants to put on weight. Logically I want to start the gym to do so. I've looked at SS SL etc. And they look suited to me. I really want to start hitting the gym but my problem is lack of knowledge. As much as I read and watch videos I dont think I will properly be able to do these lifts.

The solution in my mind is to hire a personal trainer to teach me them. Would this be a good idea? I'm just concerned with them teaching me the main 5 lifts. Would it be possible for them to do this in one session? Do personal trainers offer single sessions or do you usually have to buy packages? Would they be willing to do this? I've read a few threads here of PTs being reluctant to each deads and squats to people who are new for fear of them getting injured.

TLDR; Want to lift, don't know how. Can a personal trainer teach me how in one session?
>>
>>36820556
Personal trainer here

Things to consider when looking for a personal trainer:
>Qualifications
Holy shit these are important, as much as /fit/ will claim to know how to teach, most simply know the theory behind basic lifts, but can't properly use them, you can't check your deadlift form looking at yourself sideways in the mirror, most don't even know where the points of failure are in most lifts.
Next time you see someone doing curls, you will probably notice that they are using their front delts because they keep bringing their elbows forward to finish the movement.
>Relevance
Is he a run of the mill personal trainer? is he qualified to teach you? does he just do personal training and run classes on the side?
>Knowledge and explanations
You should never have to ask "why tho?", your trainer will explain why you do things as he instructs you

Now to answer your questions
>I'm just concerned with them teaching me the main 5 lifts. Would it be possible for them to do this in one session?
provided that you warm up yourself before the session, 5 minutes per lift should be plenty of time
>Do personal trainers offer single sessions or do you usually have to buy packages?
We don't make a lot of money, if you want one lesson, we usually give you the one, but some are pushy and will want to get more business out of you.
>I've read a few threads here of PTs being reluctant to each deads and squats to people who are new for fear of them getting injured.
Most will encourage you to do them at a very light weight (sometimes just the bar), I'd personally recommend that you have a strong base (1 month of full body routines is more than enough) before you try compounds, if you have any health issues that mean you shouldn't exercise I'd recommend getting signed off by your GP/doctor, otherwise the PT isn't insured to train you.
>>
Get one that knows their shit.

All the ones at my local would just make you do a brosplit with medicine balls and bodyweight lunges.
>>
>>36820658
>>36820640
Thanks so is this a reasonable idea? Will a PT be happy to do this with me?
>>
File: 2016-04-13 22.44.51.jpg (2 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-13 22.44.51.jpg
2 MB, 1944x2592
ss + gomad
gave me this physique from skinnyfat
strongly reccomended
>>
Watch a shit load of videos and memorize the important points of each movement
Then go to the gym and ask someone there to take a look at your technique. Do this every day until you know you're doing it right
>>
>>36820875
>Thanks so is this a reasonable idea? Will a PT be happy to do this with me?
Yes.
But chances are you don't have a decent base.
Don't bother with compound lifts if you can't do 50 crunches and planking (1 minute per side, on your front and on each side), otherwise you are getting a one way ticket to snap city.
>>
>>36820906
>Watch a shit load of videos and memorize the important points of each movement
>Then go to the gym and ask someone there to take a look at your technique. Do this every day until you know you're doing it right

Yeah, because the other dipshit at the gym will know what to look for.
Also, don't do the same exercise every day you fucking tard.
>>
>>36820885
Jesus, I thought you were carrying a fucking jungle
>>
>>36820991
I think i can do these already - ive benched about 40kg before.

What happens if i cant though?
>>
>>36821130
Then you practise
>>
>>36820640
Fellow pt here good advice anon
>>
>>36820556
Just ask someone at the gym to spot you and check form. Then befriend them and suck their cock
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.