[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to a gym and women
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: WbW8AwC.jpg (74 KB, 575x770) Image search: [Google]
WbW8AwC.jpg
74 KB, 575x770
Are there any fit/muscular men here who've gotten a woman, solely due to lifting ?

Let's say you were already decent at socializing, but was not hot at the time.
>>
Lifting has helped me get dates, kisses, hugs, handholds, gropes, handjobs, blowjobs and sexual intercourse. But nothing long-term - once the novelty of my body wears off and they realize how autistic I am and that I have no real ambition in life they're gone really fast.

Women want the whole package, nothing less.
>>
>>36815600
damn son

I'm going to school studying kinesiology, lift regularly and still have no gf/lost virginity.

Not because I'm ugly (because I'm atleast 7.5) but because I have social anxiety aka I'm autistic as fuck. I literally feel some type of weird warmth in my body when I'm near a girl and start imagining them being disgusted by me.

I don't know when this started but holy shit it's bad. =(
>>
>>36815600
Oh, I should mention. I've always gone into that with the mindset of having a life-long partner to love and cherish. I don't have the "LEL BREH GOTTA FERK AS MERCH BEECHES AS PISSABLE BREH" I just want companionship, and they always leave me when the novelty of my body wears off and they get bored and don't want anything to do with me.

It's basically like no one is good enough for them, this is the average western female. They all want a guy who is perfect in all ways, mind, body, personality, charisma, status, finances, etc.

Aiming for 1 or 2 is not going to get you the girl of your dreams, you need everything. Money alone wont do it, looks alone wont do it. You need to cover all bases.
>>
>>36815635
If you feel that way it means you're not happy with yourself and see yourself as disgusting. Which makes no sense because you rate yourself a 7.5. How does that make sense? You can't possibly rate yourself that high, while at the same time having those thoughts that everyone thinks they're disgusted by you.
>>
>>36815667
He isn't a 7.5. Everyone rates themselves as higher than average (5/10).
>>
>>36815635
You sound exactly like me.
>>
>>36815511
if you're already truly decent at socializing, you would already be able to get women
if you weren't hot enough to pull off your "decent socializing" skills at the time, you're not going to be hot enough after becoming a beefcake either; being fit improves what you have, it's not plastic surgery
>>
>>36815667
lol this nerd saying "He isn't a 7.5"

I actually am attractive, that's what makes me so much more pathetic.

I'm an attractive guy that can't get laid because of shitty mental issues.

I'd rather be a 2/10 that is comfortable with himself.

Fucking sucks man. I feel like I'm slowly getting better though. Making some friends at the gym, had a conversation with this girl without trying to end it quickly, etc.
>>
>>36815757
cont..

Maybe "disgusted" wasn't the correct word. Basically I feel like strangers are "out to get me" or all dislike me.

This probably stems from me getting bullied in high school.
>>
>solely due to lifting

how would that happen? she just randomly appears in your bed after deadlift tuesday?
if you don't initiate shit get ready to be disappointed. with or without muscles doesn't really matter to most women except for the fact that your being swole is kinda social-proof in a few ways. it's a plus but not that much. except for one night stands.

>>36815635
well, whatever you project out into the world is what you're going to perceive as coming back to you. in other words, if you think women are weirded out by you, you will probably find proof for your theory and get into a downwards spiral. find a way to change your self-perception and the way women respond to you will improve.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (147 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
147 KB, 1500x1500
>lifting for grills
>>
>>36815766
bullied cause you thought you were a 7.5 LOL
>>
>>36815511
I re-conceded with a cardio bunny runner I went to high school with. Dated her, she was batshit crazy, dumped her. Outside of the gym, I don't have many places to mingle with attractive women my age.

That's partially why I go.
>>
>>36815782
nah lol I was just small in highschool (height) so I couldn't do anything

i hit my growth spurt senior year but the damage had been done
>>
>>36815635

>I'm at least 7.5
>I'm at least halfway between completely average and literally perfect

You realise every single person on earth thinks this about themselves in regards to everything right?
>>
>>36815757

>I'm attractive but can't get laid due to mental issues
>I'm really intelligent but just lazy

yeah, no.
>>
>>36816443
>>36816417

wasn't even trying to brag. im sorry im attractive?

must suck to be ugly AND autistic kek
>>
>>36816486

Post a picture and let us be the judge.

>inb4 no pic posted
>>
>>36816213
>I don't have many places to mingle with attractive women my age.

what IS a good place for that btw? tinder, the qts at school, the gym and work just don't add together. i feel like my dating pool isn't big enough.

>>36816514
stop being insecure you cuck. none of your business what the guy looks like. seeing what he looks like won't fix whatever it is that has gone wrong with you.
>>
>>36815778
>how would that happen? she just randomly appears in your bed after deadlift tuesday?
thats the dream bro
>>
>>36816514
why would I post a pic of my face?

it's an anonymous board for a reason

like I said I'm not even bragging about being attractive, it has 0 use because of my anxiety
>>
>>36816563
>>36816514

>Samefagging

It took you a while to come up with a way to back out without looking like a bitch :^)
>>
>>36815708

I'd put myself firmly in 5/10 though, if the angle of a photo us crap I'd even go so low as 4/10.
>>
File: you're a lost cause m8.jpg (24 KB, 907x170) Image search: [Google]
you're a lost cause m8.jpg
24 KB, 907x170
>>36816594
>>
Getting /fit/ opens doors, but having siq gainz does not substitute for having social skills or a personality. Think about it - most of us have a female friend we would fuck the shit out of if they lost 20 pounds or put a little effort into their looks - the same goes for us.
>>
>>36816563

>School

No options for you since you're underaged fag.
>>
>>36816736
ah, no. it's a business school of sorts.
>>
File: 1457735075889.jpg (61 KB, 510x345) Image search: [Google]
1457735075889.jpg
61 KB, 510x345
i could say lifting got me a woman.
>started lifting at the age of 16
>a cute shy girl went to the gym same time as i usually did (after school)
>a shy neighbour girl type but beautiful as hell with a great body
>onetime a female friend of mine was chatting with her in the bus
>i joined them and got to know her, but did not think anything of it
>years pass and we used to chat on the bus everytime after gym (just the two of us)
>end up in a same party onetime
>just chatting, drinking and having fun with everyone
>she said that she would never sleep next to a drunken male (dont remember in what situation she said that)
>nighttime comes and all the beds were taken, exept one doublesized bed which she already reserved for her
>"i take back what i said about sleeping next to a drunken man, you can sleep next to me if you cant find another place"
>didnt try anything becouse she seemed really innocent
>suddenly she started feeling my arms, pecs, back and abs
>get raging erection
>"mind if i touch these a bit, you know i've always wanted to touch these muscles of yours"
>"n-not at all"
>we just touched eachother and kissed that night
>week later after promnight we started dating
Now i have been with her for 4 years and still going. Shes the most reliable and trustworthy girl ever.

pic unrelated
During our relationship she mentioned that she found it extremely attractive that i took care of my health. (eating healthy and lifting)
>>
>>36816851
I´m happy for you.
>>
>>36816851
Fuck man, I had a girl just like that and I fucked it up.

Don't do anything silly bro, I didn't know what I had until it went.
>>
File: 1457256448635.jpg (122 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1457256448635.jpg
122 KB, 640x640
>>36816851
>>
>>36816851
You made it bro
>>
File: nlane.jpg (269 KB, 682x1023) Image search: [Google]
nlane.jpg
269 KB, 682x1023
>>36815635
>I literally feel some type of weird warmth in my body when I'm near a girl and start imagining them being disgusted by me.
i dont get too nervous in front of women, i just always run out of shit to say, even when talking to people i know very well. not sure how to fix it. i try reading the news and stuff all the time but im not a very good storyteller or funny so as soon as the logical part of the discourse ends im looking for a way to finish it without being awkward, and im not always successful in that regard.
>>
>>36815635

You sound like me a year and a half ago. Literally couldn't even properly talk to women until my mid twenties. The only thing that helped was forcing myself to socialize with women.

School/Service jobs are the easiest for this by a long shot. Remove expectation, tell yourself your not doing this to get laid and don't even plan on flirting or trying to make a move on the girls. Just socialize, talk about work/school/easy neutral topics.

Learn to carry a conversation and you'll realize women are actually really easy to converse with. Talk about anything, crack a few jokes, tease them a little but keep everything positive and make them feel like your paying attention to them and they will adore you. Once you become more comfortable and more confident your personality shines through in a better light and women love that.

It's helped me a lot, it's funny because its like a dam broke and now I have no problem whatsoever talking to girls and been pulling girls at the local college pretty easily.

The part I'm trying to figure out now is how to keep a gf.
>>
>>36816851

good job anon
>>
File: 1460076138153.gif (2 MB, 331x197) Image search: [Google]
1460076138153.gif
2 MB, 331x197
>>36816851
grats bro
>>
>>36815511
Lifting give you the first and hardest part of getting a girl. The girl wants you. But if you have autism. Like "god she is to good for me" "what am I gonna do with her" or the classic ".. You too" then man start loving yourself first don't try that only she have fun. Make both of you have fun.
>>
>>36818314
see i'm the opposite

once i feel comfortable i can talk tons and i'm pretty good at banter, i feel super uncomfortable around strangers though, especially girls

>>36818329
Nice bro, I'm saving this advice. I'm going to try my best to talk to as many women as I can. I already started having casual conversation with this girl at my gym. Thanks man.
>>
It's (part of) what helped me score a long term, but long distance GF, and a lot of what got her into lifting a few years ago.
If I didn't lift, chances are we'd still be together, but she never would've gotten into lifting either, I'd still be 40 lbs smaller, and she'd be 50 lbs bigger than we are now.

I think lifting has helped us stay together more than it helped us get together.

>>36815600
This.

>>36815635
>Kinesiology major
Current roommate is graduating from that major in a few weeks.
Says it's a sausagefest full of meatheads.
>>
>>36818437
Nah I'm going to the best university in my state, I doubt I'll see a lot of retarded roid monkeys.
>>
>>36816851
Man I hope this is true, good for you faggot
>>
>>36815511
>White, brown hair, blue eyes, 5'11
>Pretty good facial aesthetics
>Always been funny, witty
>But out of shape, think Seth Rogen mode
I could pull 5s and the occasional 6 all day. But that's never enough, is it?
>Adopt pescetarian diet
>Every morning, Mon-Fri thirty minutes on the elliptical
>Every morning, Mon-Fri, PPL
>Bike to from work whenever weather permits, 3 miles both ways
>Am now cut like a diamond
>Men get visibly uncomfortable around me @ the beach because of abs
>Pull 8s and 9s regularly, have fucked one legit 10
>Feelsgoodman
In my experience, if you're nice, not hideous, keep up on your hygiene, and are fun, you can get plain janes all day, and when the stars are right you might get lucky and take home a 7 or 8.

However, the most attractive women won't even consider taking things beyond friendship unless your fitness is on point.

This doesn't make them bad people, I mean we don't want to fuck fatties either, right?

Honestly, the Chad meme is based in reality; if you're in really good shape you can get with most girls, in spite of other flaws.

The other funny thing is this: getting /fit/ and/or jacked helps more than just your body; like I said I'm funny and charming, and the confidence boost that came with being in good shape made me even more so.

So yes OP, lifting is honestly the most important thing when it comes to women. Traits that will do you credit, in order of worth?

>Fitness
>Facial aesthetics
>Social savvy
>Money
>Wit

That's for hooking up. Money bumps up to between fitness and facial aesthetics if you're looking for an LTR.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.