[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bodyweight thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: 8450029.jpg (58 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
8450029.jpg
58 KB, 620x400
Progress, current body, routines, etc
>>
In on nogains thread.
>>
>>36854477

all i do is pullups widegrip: 3x15 (90kg bodyweight)
and weighted dips, 3x15 with 20kg pl8 added.

bodyweight routines are retarded, its like you dont even chase the pump.
>>
>>36854477
Side crunches, flutter kicks, leg raises, twist sit-ups, planks and side planks for abs and core

Chin-ups, pull-ups, muscle ups (so happy when I got them for the first time), muscle up to dip for back, bicep, etc.

One arm Handstand push-up, dragon flag, single leg pistol squats if you wanna be hardcore (I used to have one arm handstand push-ups but I lost them when I got lazy)

As much as people on here talk shit about ottermode it's generally liked, and calisthenics can be fun (although I do have a bench and dumbbell set so I'm not purely calisthenics anymore)

The good thing about bodyweight is I left it for a good 6 months and my gains remained the same, faltering only slightly (although I do bmx 8 hours or so a week minimum)
>>
>>36854477
I'm doing Foundation / Handstand on my SL off days.
>>
File: 20160415_125822.jpg (850 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160415_125822.jpg
850 KB, 2560x1440
>>36854580
Hell yeah, muscleups are ao much fun when you first get them. It feels so good pulling yourself up over thw bar from a dead hang. Ive been doing bodyweight for a little over 6 months and have seen some good progress. I do crazy workouts though lol high rep high intensity. Want to start doing core work.
>>
>>36854580
Did you even get a decent body with that, and how long did take? im getting tired of travelling for an hour to workout.
>>
>>>/asp/1083806
>>
>>36854715
you are huge. Would be cool with before picture
>>
>>36854715
That's pretty good, and not many people can do it but a lot assume they can, it's always good to be the strongest person around, there is usually a bar or something, but not usually a bench set

>>36854807
I found that after 5 months of really solid training, eating lots of pasta I went from 47kg to 60kg, abs were getting noticeable definition, chest was noticeably big and my stats had improved drastically (however this may be because I went from couch potato to hardcore) , I had an old Bench set I also used (you can buy cheap ones for like $50) but mainly did bodyweight

I didn't really have a set routine however so I progressed without a set direction

I thought you wouldn't be able to progress much past solid ottermode, but there is a fit anon here that's pretty built
>>
>>36854580
What do you think about this reddit recommended routine?
reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine
>>
>>36854477
Is it sad that I can only do about 12 wide grip pullups at 225 lbs? My deadlift is at 425x5, but I can barely reach 12 pullups on a good day. I usually average between 8-10 a set.
>>
Doing ICF
i want to do some bw shit to strengthen my soft tissues but what are some BW workouts that i can only do in the gym?
>trying to justifiy my gym membership since i only go 3 times a week
>>
>>36854477
I'm doing the program from the wiki at www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness and seeing some great results!
>>
nice
>makes a thread
>doesn't post and abandons it
i'm tired of you autists on this board
>>
>>36856334
>great results!
Post them
>>
How do I learn balance when doing a handstand pushup? I can do a bunch but I always fall back after doing 2. I hurry up and get back into a handstand and do 2 more before I lose balance again. Repeat
>>
>>36858357
Practice with a wall as a support, whenever you lose balance, just push yourself off the wall with your feet. Perfect handstands first, and then proceed to pushups with wall assistance, eventually your feet will stop relying on the wall and you'll be able to balance well throughout the pushup.
>>
>>36856896
not him, but i will post mine in an hour or so if this thread is alive
>>
>>36858949
kay lad
also post routine plz
>>
>>36854477
Twice a week I do 5 sets of chin ups.
Today I did 4 sets of 6 but only managed 5 on the last one.
I'm trying to work my way up to 5x10 then I'm thinking about getting a belt for adding weight.

Does this sound reasonable?
>>
>>36859449
this one >>36856334 unironically. i tried for a couple of months both the reddit's one and the /v/ wikia's one, and i prefer the former
>>
>>36859558
And what your progress be like?
>>
in to see the no gains skeletons
>>
can't do a pullup. I weigh 68kg. have been trying to do one for 5 months but still can't

what gives?
>>
>>36859676
>>36859583
30 minutes and i'll post, i swear
>>
>>36859686
What have you tried? I hope you're not wasting your time with cable pulldown machines.
>>
File: me2015to2016.jpg (722 KB, 2980x2716) Image search: [Google]
me2015to2016.jpg
722 KB, 2980x2716
Don't fall for the bodyweight meme.
nogainz reporting in.
>>
>>36862190

Wow, that's sad.
Hope you learned your lesson.
>>
>>36862210
convict conditioning is made of bullshit and lies.
I gained 15 lbs with no visible difference except a bigger gut while working out 4-5 times a week.
When I move in the fall, I'm just gonna get a gym membership and do SS or something.
>>
File: cbt_spring2016.png (3 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
cbt_spring2016.png
3 MB, 1440x2560
>>36862190
worked fine for me,you're probably too fat to do 50 pullups and 300 pushups in a workout so you're butthurt
>>
>>36862327
>50 pullups in a workout
Literally easy mode. If you can do a set of 14 in a set, you can do 50 in a workout.
>>
>>36862373
thats what im saying.yet im sure that guy cant do it.or he needs like 10 sets.
>>
File: FM_2.jpg (326 KB, 708x893) Image search: [Google]
FM_2.jpg
326 KB, 708x893
I'm assuming this is a calisthenics only training body. This will look aesthetically pleasing to the average person, so I don't see why this board hates on bodyweight routines so much.
>>
>>36862429
I actually am that guy. I do 4 sets of 12-15 when I do pullups and pause at the top or bottom if I start to swing.
At the march 2015 of that pic, my pullup max was 7 and it was 15 in the march 2016.
My pushup max doubled and I went from doing 50 rep sets of knee pushups to doing 15 rep sets of lever pushups.
Like, I've consistently increased reps and resistance but I'm still nogainz.
>>
>>36862250
convict conditioning doesn't say anything about diet fatboi. I agree though it is completely bullshit.
>>
>>36862492
reconsider your routine,form,diet and sleep patterns.also cut.
>>
how do I into chest gains from calisthenics? I have a 40 lb vest I can use. I can do about 30 in a set with it on and 70 bodyweight, yet barely any chest gains.
>>
>>36862534
use a loop resistance band.it will get as hard as 1-1.5pl8 bench press depending on the resistance of the band.
>>
>>36862554
in addition with the vest?
>>
>>36862572
try without it first,add it if you think its still easy. my friend who can do 50 bodyweight pushups can only do 12 with the resistance band and perfect form.
>>
>>36862607
I shall do that. ty sir
>>
>>36862634
may the muscle gains hobo watch over you, friend
>>
>>36862518
Do I really need to cut that hard? I don't care about getting /fit/ level ripped as long as my bodyfat doesn't get to 20%.
As far as diet, I need to cut down on the junkfood but I'm wondering if bread is such a bad thing. I eat at an amish deli for lunch since it's the only place in the town I work at that's fast food and has veggies in it.
As far as sleep, I just need to get a new job. They keep switching me from day to night shift and back every couple of weeks.

With routines, does this look alright? Decided to switch my routine up and try something a lot lower in volume.

A day
2 sets weighted pushup
2 sets pistols
2 sets one arm bent over rows
3 sets weighted situps
Do the second set to form failure and increase weight when both reps are at 30

B Day
2 sets close grip pullups
2 sets crow stands
2 sets short bridges
3 sets weighted situps
The pullups, go to a harder variant at 10, go to harder stuff at 2 minutes with the crow stands and harder stuff at 40 sets with the bridging.

Before any of these exercises, I'm doing 3 warmup sets of easier stuff at 15, 10 and 5 reps. Afterward, I figure 20 minutes of yoga would be good as cooldown.
>>
>>36862796
Oh and also, I figure do the workout like this
ABAxBABx as far as scheduling it would go.
>>
>got the one arm chin up. Getting for 2 reps at 15lb assistance this workout.
>3x15 ab wheel rollouts standing up with 30lb assistance band. Going to 20lbs next workout..
>planche/planche pushup 20lb assist. 10lb assist next workout
>levers for 5 seconds. Don't train them much
>>
File: 791540478.png (4 MB, 1660x2487) Image search: [Google]
791540478.png
4 MB, 1660x2487
>>36863391
Older pic, but close to how I look now
>>
>>36854509
How do you do your weighted dips. I've been trying to do them by holding a dumbbell between my calves but I don't think it distributes the weight effectively
>>
>>36862434
you are retarded
>>
>>36854825
Not really bruh 6' 200 lbs been thinking of cutting for the summer.
>>
>>36855855
Not that anon.

the r/bwf routine is pretty solid, and covers the major points. However it's a bit lacking in handstand work and some of the developmental work for the harder tiers of skills, where you'll need to do a bit more than just try to maintain the same set/rep pattern. Starting harder skills like front/back levers and planche work may require you to start to create a more sophisticated routine.
>>
>>36855886
No, it isn't. You're relatively heavy, it's going to be harder for you. Compared to someone at say 185, so approximately a 20kg difference, you're going to need to generate an extra 200ish newtons of force per rep to achieve a pullup. You're going to fatigue faster. Conversely, you're at a higher relative strength, if not perhaps at a greater power-to-weight ratio.

Also, deadlift is a completely different set of motions and recruitment patterns, so how much you deadlift is relatively irrelevant. Except, higher numbers for deadlift etc would tend to suggest bigger legs, which will make a lot of the bodyweight skills harder to achieve.
>>
>>36864595
That's frank Medrano who does exclusively calisthenics. He also happens to be a vegan. I believe he is juicing and has very unfortunate genetics.
>>
>>36856043
Any specific reason for bodyweight to strengthen soft tissues? There are a large variety of soft tissues, and the main component there is time, rather than load. They're avascular so they're slow as shit to grow or heal. As long as you get some stimulus for them, they'll be strengthening.

Bodyweight work can be particularly stressful on them because of the way it's loaded, especially on static skills, but doing weighted work can help you achieve that same goal. Especially if your primary goal is to lift weights.

>>36859486
If you've got a set/rep goal and you fail it early, perhaps try and finish it off with negatives. So if you get 4/6 proper reps, do two negatives to finish the set.

5x10 is a pretty high amount. Nothing wrong with that at all, and it would help ensure that you're better prepped for weighted work, but once you're at say 3x8-12, you can start adding small amounts of extra weight.

If you do, drop back down to lower reps for a similar number of sets just for a bit, to help make sure that everything is in working order and that you don't run into tendon issues.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.