[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scarbro checking back in. I haven't really progressed much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_2854.jpg (362 KB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2854.jpg
362 KB, 1936x1936
Scarbro checking back in. I haven't really progressed much since my last post a couple months ago. I'm having difficulty coming up with a good routine because of my lifting restrictions from my injury -- I can't squat, deadlift, or do most ab exercises anymore. Right now, I just do the same string of exercises usually 3 times per week.
>Incline bench
>Cable rows
>Curls
>Chin-ups
>Ab wheel
>Pushups/Dips with parrelletes
>Leg curls (name?)
>Leg extensions (name?)
I feel like what I'm doing is incredibly stupid, but am unsure of what to change it to. Any advice?
>>
Pls respond
>>
>>36807993
Your workout program is not bad for someone who can't squat or DL.
What I would do:
Does your gym have a seated leg press machine? You should use it if yes. I'm pretty sure your spine bears zero load with seated leg press and it wouldn't aggravate your wound.
I assume you are not doing OHP because of the injury? Well, lat raises are an ok shoulder isolation excercise done with little weight, even less if you go strict (fully extended elbows and no leg drive) so that your spine bears little load.

Just my 2 cents. Hope you make it.
>>
>>36808417
I actually work out at home and don't have a leg press machine unfortunately. Just a this bowflex, weight bench, dumbbells, chinup bar, parralletes, ab wheel, elliptical.
I am allowed to do OHP, but not above 125lbs. I've avoided it because I tend to arch my back when I do it and that wouldn't be good for my spinal fusion. I'll look into lat raises.
>>
>>36808417
>I'm pretty sure your spine bears zero load with seated leg press
That's very wrong.
>>
>>36808510
have you tried single leg squats while holding on to a bar?
>>
>>36807993
What blew up in your abdomen?
>>
>>36808607
hmm good idea ill try that. I've been doing just regular bodyweight squats.
>>36808664
that scar is from my exploratory laparotomy after a car accident
>>
Can you squat while holding dumbbells? If they're heavy enough you'll get forearm gains too.
>>
>>36808694
nah, no weighted squats in any way :(
>>
>>36808664
Shit man, sorry to hear, doctor here, did they at least found something that needed fixing? How long ago was the accident?
>>
>>36808670
Welp, meant to quote >(you) here >>36808840
>>
>>36808840
Haha yeah, forget what it was called though. They did find a meckels diverticulum and removed that though, so that was fortunate. Accident was 2 years ago- I was paralyzed in it from the waist down and told not to expect to walk again, but took my first step 3 weeks later. I've had a very lucky recovery.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.