[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If others don't bow their heads when they pass you, or shrink
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: big-ramy.jpg (166 KB, 1076x1078) Image search: [Google]
big-ramy.jpg
166 KB, 1076x1078
If others don't bow their heads when they pass you, or shrink in your presence, or quiet down whenever you speak, you are not big enough, and you are certainly not alpha.
>>
>>36807597
There is more to 'being alpha' than just mere physicality.

You want to know some of the qualities that make someone 'alpha'?
Believing in ideals like truth and justice, and acting on those ideals appropriately.
Being kind (but not condescending) to those weaker than you. This also means: Not bullying anyone for any reason.
Being brave, especially in the face of your own fear, but never a blustery or a blowhard.
Taking responsibility for yourself and accepting the consequences of your actions. This also means making good on your own mistakes whenever possible to do so.
Being a leader instead of just a follower, and striving towards having leadership qualities -- but also having the grace to recognize when someone else should be leading (i.e., there is always someone better at something you do than you are).

Anyone can go to the gym and get big, that's easy. But the things I speak of above are the real work to be done.

Of course it's very likely you and others of /fit/ will mock me mercilessly for the above, but what can I say? The truth hurts. Much of /fit/ thinks being 'alpha' means throwing your weight around (i.e. bullying others and getting away with it, picking fights with people and beating them, etc) but quite frankly that's wrong and someone needs to say that.
>>
>>36807877

Post lifts
>>
>>36807597
they're "bowing" their heads to look at you, manlet.
>>
>>368077 Dont the shatter the illusion, they think being big will make them socially capable
>>
>>36807887
2pl8 bench
3pl8 squat
4pl8 dead
>>
>>36807910
If everyone learned to be 'alpha' as I outlined, plus so many other qualities that I don't have time or space to write about, then wouldn't that improve the quality of life for everyone, everywhere? Isn't that the most 'alpha' goal imaginable?
>>
>>36807953
Thats a "true" alpha, I agree
>>
>>36807597
dumb way of think tbqh.

i like big ramy but he couldnt run a mile before literally exhausting himself to 200 bpm
>>
>>36807953
Society is always easier when it's homogeneous. You're animals ideals about truth and and justice and blah blah blah, are retarded. Who's to say what is truth or what is just beyond what is a natural right or law. For example, you have no real right to anything including freedom, the only natural right you have is to live and then die because those 2 things are necessary to exist as a human. The law of gravity is a truth, the law of you speeding is not inherently anything good or bad just a necessity of our society. Murder which is illegal can be morally justifiable under the right conditions, but the person is condemned anyways. Do you see how a lot of life is arbitrary? You know this isn't fate stay night?
>>
>>36807597
Ask me how I know you're a manlet.
>>
>>36808053
You're happy to attempt to take a machette to what I have to say, but you make no effort to outline what you believe should exist in it's place? You have no credibility, then.

Humans, as a race of beings, are, yes, still too much animal and not enough the sentient, thinking beings that we have the potential to be. But that does not mean we should abandon higher goals and revert back to being pure animals and the Law of the Jungle, either. That way lies darkness.

Note that I am not advocating abandoning perfecting ourselves physically, but we must perfect ourselves in other ways, too.
>>
>>36807922
Fucking pathetic. As if you know anything about being alpha. Height?
>>
>>36808171
I'm 6' 4" tall.
Also, I lift for general health and fitness, not to be a bodybuilder, and I have a bodyfat percentage that hovers around 10%, so I'm perfectly happy with being stronger and fitter than the average person.
>>
>>36808141
Never said to be animals and you don't get to decide anyonesvalue or credibility. I'm not going to post what I think we strive for on a Laotian goat milking forum. It would be to long and you to retarded to understand it. You are autistic, I know you can't see it, and you actually think you're superior to normal people. I'm telling you anon, you are autistic, seek help or kill yourself.
>>
>>36808452
Best of luck with you dealing with that crippling insecurity and that case of acute youth you're dealing with, bro. Hopefully you'll grow out of both of them and realize that I'm right.
>>
Alpha male, by definition, means being superior in strength, aggression, efforts within a society or building alliances within the group. None of that really applies in a todays society. If you're strong it means that you're useful for physical tasks, if you're aggressive that means you're intimidating, if you thrive in efforts beneficial for the society that makes you popular and if you build alliances within a group that makes you cunning. So which one of these individuals would take the crown as the alpha? Strength in numbers? Aggressiveness?
>>
>>36808141
Pretty sure the burden of proof is on you to prove something is right when you say it is. Why would he have no credibility just because he doesn't have another claim? Especially since he doesn't believe that anyone can say what we should strive for objectively.
>>
>>36808640
I don't have to 'prove' anything. This is 4chan, we're all anonymous, everything anyone posts here for a thread like this one is everyone's opinions, not statements of fact, there is nothing to prove or disprove, there is only discussion, and do I need to point out that I actually added something to the discussion, while that guy (you? samefagging?) is just saying 'you're full of shit' and adding NOTHING of his own? And you're actually saying that his comment is more valuable than mine is to the discussion? Really? Seriously? Oh, *please*..
>>
>>36807597
Why is /fit/ so obsessed with being "alpha", just be yourself and as long you aren't an autistic spaghetti monster you'll be fine.
>>
>>36809336

because /fit/ already dropped being loved in the search for being respected

and the most easy way to be respected is to be feared

but it's dumb because the most highly position of respect is the one from virtue and truth a la aristotle way (it includes physical strength in it too)
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.