[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swimming/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
Major thanks to the /fit/izen who suggested I get a pair of jammers for swimming, they're the fucking bomb. Can't believe I was using trunks up till now.

Just finished the first week of 0 to 1650 and fucking loving it- used to really loath cardio (knee issues so running tends to be boring and painful), but I can't wait to get back in the pool.

Surprised /fit/ don't talk about swimming more, it's god-tier cardio
>>
>>36804895
Jammers, huh? I was about to go swimming this afternoon, but I'm still using trunks myself. Not a good swimmer though, still getting the hang of lifting my head to breath on the freestyle (at least I think that form is the freestyle, where you're face down to the floor of the pool?).

Is the 0 to 1650 like the couch to 5k thing?
>>
>>36804933
http://ruthkazez.com/swimming/ZeroTo1mile.html

Pretty much, one significant difference is restricting breath to stengthen your lungs. Couch to 5k is also more gentle starting off, though this is surprisingly doable.

Jammers reduce the drag that trunks have, making it way easier to swim (also no risk of them falling down or obstructing the flow of your legs or whatever).

What burgers call freestyle we refer to as 'front crawl' in the UK and Ireland, if that helps. But yeah, it's where you're facing the ground. If you weren't taught it as a kid, it'll be tricky at first, but its just all practice
>>
>>36804990
Wow, thanks for all this information! I learned as a kid to basically keep myself alive, but I've always wanted to be a good swimmer hence the effort now. Cheers, brother!
>>
>>36805053
No worries m8, enjoy the swimming
>>
File: 1447958166586.jpg (65 KB, 600x597) Image search: [Google]
1447958166586.jpg
65 KB, 600x597
Swimmer here, how am I supposed to lift and swim ? Cause if I lift I'm way too sore and I can't train properly 4 or 5 times a week.

>tfw no gainz
>>
>not doing aquathlon for maximum cardio gains
>>
>>36805624
Should be already in decent shape from dat swimman though, no?
>>
>>36805788
Not that much actually, skinnyfat by /fit/ standards I'd say
>>
File: 17311_8-09735A837_ORIGINAL.jpg (72 KB, 430x430) Image search: [Google]
17311_8-09735A837_ORIGINAL.jpg
72 KB, 430x430
>>36804895

Hell yea man! Jammers are the bomb, I see many people taking swimming lessons with massive trunks or board shorts. I don't get why the teachers let this happen, its like swimming with a parachute. Bonus points for strutting through the swimming hall and having peeps admire your quads n buns.

Are pic related too obnoxious? I'm looking to get a new pair soon.
>>
>>36805821
>Are pic related too obnoxious? I'm looking to get a new pair soon.

You do you, man- if you like them, go for it.

The parrots are fairly tasteful at least
>>
>>36804895
what distance do you guys usually swim in one session?

I swim a half mile usually
>>
3 to 5Km, always freestyle cause fuck breast stroke and butterfly hurts my back
>>
File: nameless_dread14.jpg (38 KB, 364x396) Image search: [Google]
nameless_dread14.jpg
38 KB, 364x396
>tfw have a pool in the yard but don't take advantage of it

Its not "olympic length" but its about 20-25ft long. Is that good enough for laps?
>>
>>36806026
Doing 700m with the 0 to 1650 thing atm, but will be upping that to 900 on tuesday
>>
>>36806146
Man, my local pool is like 15m and I manage laps, so 25m is luxury by comparison.

That having been said, it's a nice, clean pool to swim in, and quiet as fuck. Also a suana for after too, so the length doesn't bother me
>>
>>36806212
I said feet, not meters
15m is like 50ft
>>
>>36806248
Aaaah got you.

Yeah fuck it, give it a go
>>
>>36805940
They're TOUCANS
>>
File: speedo.jpg (129 KB, 737x533) Image search: [Google]
speedo.jpg
129 KB, 737x533
>>36804895
>not wearing a speedo
>not using a dragsuit
plebs all around
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.