[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /fit/, I'm not sure which board this question is most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: dinner.jpg (44 KB, 620x463) Image search: [Google]
dinner.jpg
44 KB, 620x463
Sup /fit/, I'm not sure which board this question is most appropriate for, but mainly I think it's here.

How good of a meat is rabbit? How many calories and protein? What dishes is it best in? Is it better or worse than chicken? Is it as versatile?

Also this part isn't /fit/ related but what is the legality of killing and eating wild rabbits I see around my neighborhood? My neighborhood is fucking overrun with these motherfuckers, I see at least 4-5 at any given time in my backyard and I see 'em all over the place in other peoples yards. I feel like this would be a good food source, trapping them or using an air rifle, I wouldn't need to buy any meat and I'd have my protein covered. I could freeze them and get a stockpile; but I don't know if this is all legal, is it? Any health concerns? Do they carry rabies or any harmful diseases? Can those be cooked out? Is this a good idea at all, and if so why don't more people do it? Or am I greatly underestimating how hard it is to kill, clean, skin and cook rabbit?

Help pls.
>>
stop trying to eat bunnies you fucking weirdo
>>
The nutrition facts and legality of it can be googled (especially the last part because some places will vary on wildlife handling).

From what I understand, rabbit amd rabbit organs are pretty tasty, though fairly certain they don't have a lot of fat to them. As with any wild animal, you run the risk of parasites and other illnesses, but you'd know if an animal had rabies if you caught it before killing it, so avoid it. Most of those will be cooked out though, so Google optimal Temps for the parts of the rabbit you intend to use. Killing isn't hard, but be prepared to waste some meat as you learn to clean them
>>
>>36740048
Rabbit is nasty, greasy and stringy meat
>>
You didn't tell us your country/state/county/city. Contact your local game warden and ask about neighborhood animals. You will likely need a hunting license. Sometimes counties will start open season on a specific animal that is reproducing way too fast. The deer in my area have no predators and have caused a fuckton of car accidents by jumping into the road and the powers that be gave us open season in an area that normally bans hunting (densely populated by people too) to reduce their numbers. The stipulation was that you could only hunt with traps or bows in some places since they didn't want gunshots going off near the public parks where deer come out at night.
>>
>>36740138
it's nice if you get a young one

old ones are better used as pet food
>>
>>36740164

Denver CO.
>>
eat it in a stew, prob best method of eating, you'd have to look up the laws in your area for legality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_starvation
>>
Read on outdoor forums about rabbit. They are quite tasty and hunted as pests where I live. I'm lazy so I let others hunt them in return for some of the kill.

Rabbit is also raised for meat. It can be cooked to be pleasant and not gamey. There are plenty of recipes so you can't lose by trying some. Ignore all the "bunnie" weirdos. Rabbit is below humans on the food chain and can be good eating. It's just another generic small mammal.

There is plenty of material elsewhere on the internet. I'd hunt them myself, but I already raise chickens (endless delicious free-range eggs) and get venison from hunterbros for working on their ATVs and trucks.

We didn't evolve eating snack bars.
>>
dont eat bunny pls im vegan
>>
>>36740048
don't eat plagues, they carry diseases
also, eating only rabbit can lead to anemia
>>
i made fried rabbit with rice once. must say i prefer most other meats
>>
anyway, farm raised rabbits are delicious, ask your town hall, set up some cages, feed them alfalfa and straw, they don't need much space
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.