[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about veganism? I feel like it's politi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10
File: comfygains.jpg (118 KB, 985x711) Image search: [Google]
comfygains.jpg
118 KB, 985x711
How do you feel about veganism? I feel like it's politically incorrect just to say you are not a vegan these days.

Do you feel bad at all about killing animals for food or even clothing?

I will be honest I do not give a single shit at all. As long as it does not bother me i don't care and I don't feel bad about it at all. I support fur clothing and animal farming.

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iliP6SomSm4&t=3m10s [Embed] [Embed]
For example, what would you do in that situation? Would you be the fur wearer or the other guy?

Should I give a shit about animal cruelty because I don't.
>>
>>36713181
I don't mind vegans. Only hate the vegans that try to make other ppl vegans; hope they get cancer.
>>
>>36713181
i'm a vegan and

>How do you feel about veganism?
Animal agriculture is horrible for the environment and realistically people going vegan is important to counteract that.

>Do you feel bad about killing animals?
Back before I was vegan, no, not really. Every other carnivore species eats meat, its pretty much a right for stronger species to eat weaker species.

>What would you do in this situation?
I wouldn't wear fur (I'm a poor fag anyways) but stopping people on the street is pretentious as fuck.
>>
>>36713209
Do you feel bad about eating and killing animals? Have you ever wanting to be a vegan?

Should you feel bad? Are you a bad person for this? Is it necessary to kill animals just because you want more muscles? Why don't you just eat plants so they don't have to suffer?
>>
>>36713234
How do you feel about people who are not vegan and people who do not care about animal agriculture being horrible for the environment?
>>
>>36713266
People should have the right to eat animal product if they want too, for whatever reason they want too. I don't care if anyone eats non-vegan, I just don't
>>
>>36713297
What about the argument about the cruel methods used to kill them and harvest parts of the animal such as the goose feathers, literally ripping off their feathers over and over.
>>
>>36713249
We are carnivores. Sure what they do to animals is pretty fucked up but I have more important things to worry about then how a chicken or cow feels.
>>
>>36713181
Educating people should be based on sharing information and offering guidance. The kind of behavior in the vid is just plain belittling and asking for trouble. By acting like a douche while trying to share any idea makes people just hate you and that usually leads them rejecting your idea. The faggot in the vid is a vegan just because he wants to feel better than other people.
>>
>>36713351
Omnivores*
>>
>>36713362
They think they're on some noble crusade. The reality is that each person they annoy is less likely to reduce their animal product consumption since they've had a negative experience with the idea.

So im pretty sure aggressive vegan activists do more harm than good.
>>
Fur trapping is pretty fucked up though.
>>
File: 7724607[1].jpg_704.jpg (51 KB, 704x704) Image search: [Google]
7724607[1].jpg_704.jpg
51 KB, 704x704
>>36713297

Unless doing so infringes on the rights of others or contributes to a problem that affects all of us (environment). Then you lose that right.
>>
>>36713589
But why should I care? As long as I follow the laws I should do whatever i want to whatever I want as long as it makes me happy without giving a shit. Which I do every single day.

I would kill you and take your stuff if it was not against the law. I will take advantage of anything I can including child labour ect..
>>
File: 1392614427921.gif (3 MB, 288x160) Image search: [Google]
1392614427921.gif
3 MB, 288x160
I'm not opposed to veganism, I just haven't found a way to do it in a way that I can obtain all of my nutritional needs.

I've tried pretty strict vegetarianism before, but I immediately started feeling lethargic despite getting all of the necessary calories in.

I think some people are more suited to a vegetable based diet than others. Genetically, some ethnicities are just more predisposed to have a diet of meat protein sources. Especially in colder regions of the world where the density of fresh or preserved meats were essential to winter survival.

Just look at the Inuit in the Americas. Their metabolisms are actually specifically adapted to survive almost solely on meat, and are quite healthy when doing so.

The Western craze with finding the "real" healthy diet is fallacious - nobody goes to their optometrist to get the "real" prescription for all near-sighted people. Nobody goes to school to get the "real" education. Nobody gets fit the "real" way. Your body is incredibly complex and necessarily nuanced, making blanket dietary contraints a retarded idea.
>>
>>36713181
>>36713234
>>36713249
I have Celiac disease and some other food allergies. My doctors told me that if I want to continue living I NEED TO EAT MEAT AND ANIMAL PRODUCTS. If I do not, I will slowly die of malnutrition and quite frankly, starvation. Am I supposed to DIE just so you vegan pieces of shit can 'feel good'? Fuck you, fuck your meme lifestyle, I WANT TO LIVE. Leave people alone, they'll eat what they want or need to eat, FUCK OFF.
>>
>>36713897

>Just look at the Inuit in the Americas. Their metabolisms are actually specifically adapted to survive almost solely on meat, and are quite healthy when doing so.

Check this thread >>36713561

The idea that different ethnicities or different cultures have drastically different diet needs has little to no evidence.
>>
>>36714089
The idea that ALL HUMANS should be vegetarians also has little to no evidence, and in fact the opposite is true, but you faggots who post vegan troll threads or comment in vegan troll threads very conveniently gloss over those very much scientific FACTS as unimportant, instead building strawmen, appealing to people's emotions, and any number of other logical fallacies, just to foment chaos in a thread in the interests of promoting a troll-meme. Meanwhile most people aren't buying what you're selling anyway. Seriously, dude, you need a new hobby.
>>
When asking questions about specific foods and diets on fit:
>ONLY MACROS MATTER EAT WHAT YOU WANT
When talking about veganism:
>IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOUR MACROS COMES FROM ANIMAL PRODUCTS
>>
>>36714312

No need for angry tangents, I'm not even vegetarian. There is, though, a global trend towards diets higher in plant foods and lower in animal foods with better health. This is why groups like the World Health Organization clearly state things like "a healthy diet is based mainly on foods of plant origin rather than animal origin."

http://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0010/119926/E70041.pdf

They can make blanket statements like that's correct for nearly everyone, barring rare genetic disorders. More plant foods is better. Virtually everyone is better suited to a "vegetable based diet" whether we take that to mean a vegan diet or a diet that's just 90%+ plants. The nords would do well to leave some of their processed meats off their plates and add an extra serving of peas.
>>
File: straw-man.png (231 KB, 403x537) Image search: [Google]
straw-man.png
231 KB, 403x537
>>36713619
The electricity you use to heat water and food uses resources in such a way that negatively effects my environment, I demand you live as a forest person.
>>
>>36714628
We have to guard against the extremists that would have EVERYONE eating nothing but plants and soy, though, regardless of whether it's really good for them or not. These types don't really care about people's health, you see, they care only about their agenda being pushed forward. Those of us who (for lack of a better term) are 'centrists' in the dietary debate need to ward off the extremists in BOTH directions to ensure that people's right to CHOOSE is preserved. Make sense?
>>
File: vegenlames.png (295 KB, 1608x1032) Image search: [Google]
vegenlames.png
295 KB, 1608x1032
This is why vaegayn limes is a faggot

Look at this diet

Look at it

Look at the sugar and carb content, and compare it to the fat and protein content

this is a man trying his best to say he is eating a superior "natural" diet

D I A B E T E S
I
A
B
E
T
E
S
>>
>>36714628
because of people that eat meat in western cultures are generally never eating veggies and never exercising.

people in western society who buy into these fitness memes generally exercise and eat a varied diet/ not fast food
>>
>>36714754

>fruits and vegetables give you diabetes
>>
>>36714773

They also eat too much meat, which is bad
>>
>>36713181
i feel about vegans as i do about religions and sexual orientation / fetishes, if what you're doing isnt against the law and isnt hurting anybody you can do whatever the fuck you want just do it in your home and dont involve the rest of us
>>
>>36714810
>isn't hurting anyone
>literally torturing animals
sure m8
>>
>>36714904
>animals are people
sure m8
>>
>I feel like it's politically incorrect just to say you are not a vegan these days

what the fuck. If anything it is the opposite, I actually am a vegan and faggots try to shit on the diet whenever they find out
>>
>>36714933
>Not believing in animal sentience
Can't believe in evolution then m8
but sure m8, whatever you have to say to stay consistent
>>
Fun fact: Women who eat chicken while pregnant have sons with small penises
>>
>>36713181
what is with all the faggish vegan shills on /fit/ recently? i can 100% guarantee you haven't converted a single person on here to your cult, you're just irritating shitposters.
>>
>>36713819

You'll be changing your tune as soon as the powers that be make it legal to kill and rape you for being whatever you are (poor, male, white, etc.) or aliens invade and use us as food, then you'll see how thinking anything lawful is automatically good or ok is absolutely retarded
>>
>>36715209
>aliens invade and use us as food
Hi Richard
>>
>>36714754
haha holy shit im not vegan but ppl are still clueless, veganism is already approved by the ADA to be healthy and sustainable for all lives

vegans eat high sugar and still post good sugar levels
>>
File: 1345782964166.jpg (58 KB, 256x320) Image search: [Google]
1345782964166.jpg
58 KB, 256x320
>"muh animals" arguments
>>
>>36713181
>I feel like it's politically incorrect just to say you are not a vegan these days.
That's because you're a giant pussy
>Do you feel bad at all about killing animals for food or even clothing?
Nope. My ancestors didn't kill their way to the top of the food chain so that we can decide our dinner has feelings

That said, Big Ag and the meat industry does some really shitty stuff and if I could afford to I'd buy local. But I just can't resist chicken breast for $1.69 / lb
>>
>>36713181
No and I've never thought twice about it.
>>
>>36715316
>basing morality on what some dudes did thousands of years ago
lel
>>
lol @ everyone trying to justify their disgusting habit when in reality their only "defense" is "BUT I WANNA, IT TASTES GOOD!!!!!" which is the exact same thing they make fun of fatties for
>>
File: 1449400388685.jpg (29 KB, 638x540) Image search: [Google]
1449400388685.jpg
29 KB, 638x540
>>36715376
>implying my enjoyment of food doesn't trump the lives of animals
>>
>>36715352
Yea everything from back then should be thrown out. Algebra, Geometry, the Olympics...
>>
>>36713181
I'm vegan and it gave me enormous poops. Giant ones. And harder than they were. I guess from the fiber?
>>
>>36715493
Yes that was exactly what i said, the morality and ethics of fucking Algebra is directly comparable to killing/torturing animals.
The point is that in any debate, it's a shitty argument to say that because we did it thousand of years ago we should keep doing it.
>>
>>36715352
My point was that humans are on top of the food chain, so we get to eat whatever we damn well please. Deciding not to consume animal flesh seems like a big evolutionary step backwards

>>36715476
also this
>>
>>36715595
How is it a step backwards? Eating lower on the food chain is and will always be more efficient. You also get a lower risk of getting ass-cancer
>>
File: fuckyou.jpg (17 KB, 476x341) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou.jpg
17 KB, 476x341
>>36713181
>[Embed] [Embed] [Embed]
>>
>>36715660
You know what else raises the risk of colon cancer? Low fibre diets, smoking, heavy drinking, sedentary lifestyles, obesity, diabetes, inflammatory bowel diseases, old age, family history, etc etc etc.

I will take my lifetime ~18% increase for red meat when I don't have all those other factors. Besides even if it was guaranteed would you rather live a long life free of pleasure or cut short your life by 6 years and enjoy your meals?
>>
>>36715999
>free of pleasure
Have you ever had a vegan meal? Like, not just take a "normal" meat and take all animal products away, but a real vegan meal? I'm asking really sincerely because before i went vegan i didn't have. Actually I don't even think i had had a vegetarian dinner before.
And i am pleasantly surprised about how good it is. Besides peanut butter and humus is vegan and i could probably live a happy life with that
>>
>>36716235
I have had vegan meals, and I have enjoyed them, but I enjoy meals that involve meat to much greater extent. And maybe you can live your life with the same amount of happiness replacing meat with humus and peanut butter(in which you do you) but not everyone can.
>>
File: KRIcBw6.gif (4 MB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
KRIcBw6.gif
4 MB, 384x288
>>36713181
No I mostly eat chicken and theyre pretty dumb even for animals. I wouldnt mind killing them myself if I had to.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.