[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: the_question_by_jdeberge.jpg (24 KB, 500x715) Image search: [Google]
the_question_by_jdeberge.jpg
24 KB, 500x715
How do I now get below 10-12% bodyfat? Just keep lowering calories or what?
>>
>>36695763
M8 it's pretty simple. Calories in>calories out. Eat less and workout more/harder.

>>36695763

Should I go see a psychologist /fit? I think I need therapy.
>>
>>36696248
Unless someone suggests it to u to go don't. Only women go to psychologist because they feel like they need it.

>>36695763
So I'm still counting my protein intake for bulking & here is the deal:

· In my breakfast (2 eggs n toast + milk) 16-18g of protein
· Post workout shake (2 scoops) 22 or so protein grams more
· Lunch beef or chicken round 20g more of protein
· Dinner lentils/veggs n some meat maybe 30g of protein

I'm +/- around 90g protein but to cut I've been told I need to get a higher protein intake, where do I add more protein? Looking for about 140g

>inb4 4 scoops CMON
>>
>>36696322
>Unless someone suggests it to u to go don't. Only women go to psychologist because they feel like they need it.

I REALLY can't tell anyone what I feel mang. They'll hook me up to an asylum istantly and I'll spend the rest of my life inside.
>>
>>36696369
So how do you feel?
>>
File: feelsbadman.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
feelsbadman.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>36696418
A week ago I was planning on making a thread about this for help with the mental health general but I didn't want a dozen retards coming out of the woodworks telling me to back to /r9k/ (even though I've never been there).

I get angry when I see normies in the street. Whether they're with their friends or their gfs I just want to go up and just hurt them in some way.

I get angry when I see how easily they can laugh, talk, charm or just make jokes in public without a care in the world.

I've always suffered from social anxiety (I've taken drugs so no help from over there) and I ave no family or friends, The only people that talk to me do so because they pity me. I'm slow, ugly and awkward. I'm an awful talker as well and I hate it. I don't even care that much about female companionship anymore.

When I see them outside sitting with their large than life social circle friends just laughing without a care in the world, I just want to grab a metal chair and swing it into their heads.

I know I'm fucked up. I stopped going outside because the urge was getting too strong. I hate them all. I really do. But most of all I hate myself mang

What should I do 4chan?
>>
>>36696488
Its because you hate yourself
If you believe that your ugly and awful it wont change
>>
>>36696488
as long as u hate yourself more than others you're still ok. Nothing mentally wrong.

Anyway try these:

-Listen to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. Enjoy the lyrics & take a minute just thinking about the music. Forget everything else for now.

-Now don't try to think about good or bad stuff that happened to you in the past. Just see yourself right now & think you're just at the starting line of a race, everyone you say you hate started running but you stayed behind.

I'm also guessing you're some sort of NEET so get a job. Even working at McDonalds is a good start. You might make friends with people who work with you, maybe even meet your someone special.

If you're already lifting & going to the gym try to make friends there if you didn't try that before. Not because you need a certain amount of friends in your life but because you will have a better time at the gym if you know the people who you'll be working out with.

Also, try to think how shitty everyone's life is. When I see people on the street 80% are miserable so that will make you feel better. & when you see happy couples just try to look the other way, they got lucky, they got a knife @ cs:go or unboxed an unusual @ tf2 i dunno.
>>
>>36696539
>>36696488 (You)
>If you believe that your ugly and awful it wont change

But I am ugly. And even beyond that I have such a god awful voice that it scares away anyone desperate enough to look past my face.

>and awful it wont change
My time is gone.The social skills developing year are over for everyone (and you're expected to be at a certain level of charismaity now) and everyone is content with what they have and if they're not they can easily change it.

>>36696554
>I'm also guessing you're some sort of NEET so get a job. Even working at McDonalds is a good start. You might make friends with people who work with you

I'm in uni.

>maybe even meet your someone special.

I used to care about being /fit/ and /fa/ once upon a time. I'd look my best everyday. But nobody would ever give me the time of day. I learned from a """"friend"""" that it's not the way that I look.

It's something in the way I walk. The way I talk. My posture. Even by just making eye contact they can tell something's wrong. So people (especially girls) have always stayed away.

I have no control over this.
>>
>>36696605
Don't take the other anons' advice, saying that only girls go to psychologists

Mental health is a serious ball game, and if you think you need someone to open up to, it will DEFINITELY help in the long run, even if its just talking about your issues and not popping pills
>>
>>36696652
>Mental health is a serious ball game, and if you think you need someone to open up to, it will DEFINITELY help in the long run, even if its just talking about your issues and not popping pills

Is there any place I can go to a cheap one for free.
>>
i cant do pull up/chin ups because of a chest problem, basically doing them will give me massive chest pain and cripple me for months
what should I do instead of pull ups/chin ups?
>>
>>36696834
Bench press.
>>
what is the difference between doing 100 pushups in a range of 1 hour (10 every 5 minutes) and doing the same 100 pushups in 20 or less minutes?

Another question, I've been thinking of doing 200 push ups through all the day, I mean doing push ups every time I remember in intervals of 10 or 20 repetitions everytime, till I reach 200 everyday, would it be helpful? (I'm already doing a routine AxBxAxx and cardio on saturdays and sunday)
>>
>>36696488
Check out /adv/, mate. That board has a lot of decent folks on it.
>>
Which SS/SL program involves pull ups?
>>
>>36696322

>Unless someone suggests it to u to go don't. Only women go to psychologist because they feel like they need it.

Better to take the initiative than to hold out and wait for someone else to dictate what you do

After all, isn't preemptive involvement in our own lives what making it is all about?
>>
>>36697103
Why doesn't /fit/? I heard it was one of the best places on the chins to get advice/support.

Now it's the opposite.
>>
File: reverse flyes.jpg (369 KB, 850x567) Image search: [Google]
reverse flyes.jpg
369 KB, 850x567
What's the difference between using different grips on this machine (palms facing each other vs. palms facing down)?

t. idiot
>>
Been working out for a little over 1 week now.

All lifts have gone up quite a bit, except bench press...

I use proper form: feet placed on ground, arched back, shoulder blades squeezed together, with chest pushed in front.

I'll put on 40kg and it'll seem like the easiest weight in the world, my chest barely gets a workout, and then my triceps starts giving out (more of an exhaustive failure than explosive strength), and I barely end up managing 3 x 5. What's weird is that my triceps isn't super weak either, my pushdown has gone up 15kg since I started. When I do OHP my triceps isn't hindering that lift, which is also somewhat triceps intensive.

Even when I do my god darn biceps or forearm workout I can push myself harder than I can with bench press, FML.

Why the heck is my triceps giving out before my chest?
>>
>>36697201
Forgot to mention what program I am using just incase it's relevant; using the Reg Park Full Body one.
>>
>>36697115
bump
>>
File: christopher-nolan-01.jpg (200 KB, 1363x2048) Image search: [Google]
christopher-nolan-01.jpg
200 KB, 1363x2048
How do I know whether I am balding or not?
I lost lots of hair last summer and my hairline went from a straight line to an M shaped line within a few weeks/months. Since then the hairloss has stopped completely.
Now I noticed some minor thinning out again but im not sure.
I dont wanna lose any more hair but I dont really wanna hop on that minoxidil or whatever its called either.
Is there a way to determine how far my hairloss is going to go?

I dont wanna look like pic related in two years.
>>
any recs for weightlifting belts?
>>
>>36696488
bump
>>
>>36695763
I am not sure if its related or not, but I started consuming green tea extract, that also has 800grams of caffeine in it. After that I felt like shit, but 2 weeks in and fucking at 9% bodyfat.
>>
Which exercises can I use to develop muscles to make my ass look firmer ?

t. Grille
>>
>>36697418
Does knowing really matter? There's not much you can do about it. Just get a haircut to suit whatever you've got and don't do dumb shit to try to conceal it
>>
>>36695763

>>36697850
>meme diets.

Caffeine is great, but you want to combine it with exercise to get the most out of it.

An ECA stack or Clen would greatly help you get below 10% bf, although it's not needed, especially if you're against using that shit. There isn't a lot of natural shit you can take to increase your fat burning potential, other than just regularly exercising and keeping your body in a calorie deficit; don't fall for all the natural meme diets out there, as they barely do anything.
>>
>>36697979
it does to me.
If I knew i would go bald inn 5 years I'd not worry about it and could start to focus on accepting that fact or maybe try to find treatment for it.

If I knew I would never go bald I'd not worry about it and could enjoy my god tier hair without ever worrying about losing it.

This way I constantly think about it.
>>
>>36697919
Barbell glute extension, can be done in the smithmachine too. Might feel awkward at first, but you will get the best ass ever.
Coming from a white male with zero ass before he started doing this. Put the pussypad on your groin (no pun intended) to avoid discomford
>>
>>36696488
From one shitposter to another, I've been there man. Lifting helped, but didn't 'fix' anything.

Honestly, therapy and that shit never helped me. The anti-anxiety pills did. I'd say go to a psychologist, stick to the drugs they give you for a solid month and it will help you improve yourself as a person.
>>
>>36698079
ok
>>
>>36697980
Like I said, I dont know for sure if the green tea extract pills helped. They made me feel like shit the whole time, but I also did a lot of exercise...AND I also ate at 50% of my TDEE (plus the exercise) Which meant that eventually, the green tea extract made my stomach feel like shit, the caffeine made me expand more calories, of which were few, plus I also ran for about an hour at an advanced runners pace, plus I also lifted 3 times a week, plus I also walked 1 hour a day...

In the end, I couldnt sleep for some days, but I wanted to push through so I could get rid of my bodyfat, I had a bunch of flaps on my stomach. Only later did I learn that those flaps were loose skin from doing too much. If I didnt visit a dietologist. I might have ded in 2 more weeks due to too low BF.
>>
When I do planks, sometimes at about 3 mins my arms get tired and start to tremble and give up way before my abs get a good workout.

What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>36698215
shit, meant, 3 times a week at an advanced runners pace
>>
>>36698222
Nothing. If you can do 3 min planks, it's time to start adding some plates on your back.
>>
>>36698215
>I might have ded
Idiot
>>
Been doing cardio for about two months or so to get my stamina back to what it was when I left school (21, used to plays lots of football.) Want to start bulking to get out of skelly but never adjusted my diet or done lifts before outside of curls. Is it worth getting a trainer for a month or so just to get discipline, diet and technique in order or should I just wing it?
>>
File: DNP.png (9 KB, 334x238) Image search: [Google]
DNP.png
9 KB, 334x238
Just use this.
>>
Other than continuing to cut, is there an effective way to get rid of the little roll of fat at the bottom of my stomach?

I'm pretty lean everywhere else but that small roll is extremely stubborn. Are there any specific exercises or routines that can speed up the process?
>>
>>36699716
If you can afford it, sure. Some gyms will give complementary sessions too. Just know what you want out of it and tell your trainer right away so you don't waste any time. And of course they're going to try to hook you and make you a recurring client, so be wary.
>>
>>36696322
>Only women go to psychologist because they feel like they need it.

Are you actually stupid? Or have you never had a decent male role model that you now think men have to suppress their emotions or some shit?
>>
is it alright to deadlift every other day? or should i keep it down to 2 times a week?
>>
>>36696322
>inb4 4 scoops CMON
why not? protein shakes are great. I stopped using them though because I'm getting 200g protein a day. My daily protein intake:
- 300-400g chicken breast - 3-4 100g meals, total of ~120g protein
- red beans to eat with chicken - 50g per 100g of chicken breast, ~12-16g protein
- 1-2 glasses of 3% milk - ~15g protein
- 4 eggs w/o yolk - ~15g protein
- 100-150g rye bread - ~7-10g protein
If I'm wrong someone please correct me but I think I've got it right.
>>
What's a good breakfast for cutting that's NOT eggs?

I'm fucking sick of eggs every morning, they already make me a bit nauseous because I'm not fond of the texture. It seems like every other food has a lot of carbs I can't afford.
>>
>>36700124
Oats are great to consume in the morning. Sugarless cereal with milk are alright if you hit your macros but I never do that.
>>
>>36700124
this so much.
curious too.
>>
>>36700053
>Powerlifters may disagree, but the great lifter Hugh Cassidy said that only silverbacks can deadlift more than once a week. So, what do you do the rest of the time? Simply put, "work" increases a deadlift.

I say do what you feel like doing, it probably won't kill you, but most would say not to do it everyday.
>>
>>36700189
I'm going for low-carb so that's no good. Oats and cereal are like 20-30 carbs a serving and I save that for most of my meals.
>>
>usually maintaining, barely avoiding skeletonmode
>january start bulking / lean bulking
>gaining weight only about 0,5kg / 1pound a month
>lifts going up pretty regularly
>but also cant really notice fat disappearing from belly

I think im doing accidentally good job lean bulking. Cant really tell any difference since january because of posing in front of the mirror all the time. Also i dont count calories.
What do you think? Slow progress?
>>
>>36700275
Veggie/protein shake then?
>Oats and cereal are like 20-30 carbs a serving and I save that for most of my meals.
I've read that you should consume your carbs in the first half of the day. Everyone I watch/everything I read state it is very important. Maybe it's just broscience but I see no reason not to do so.
>>
>>36700324
I'm assuming they say that because carbs is basically energy. It's total bro science and a small amount of any energy is fine for breakfast.
>>
>>36700324
It's not really complete broscience, as a meal rich in slow carbs gives you energy that lasts quite a while, so it's much better that you consume it while you need it, rather than at the end of the day.
>>
>>36700324
>maybe it's broscience
>>36700374
>it's total broscience
>>36700380
>it's not broscience
never change
>>
>>36700380
The point was that it's too many carbs for the anon. Any alternatives?
>>
>>36700289
But kitchen scale if you don't have any and start counting, it's day and night with just eating and measuring your calories.
>>
>>36700262
cheers mate.

>Simply put, "work" increases a deadlift

what does that mean? i am not a native speaker
>>
>>36700445
Buy*
>>
I got some bodyfat calipers and I've been using them on my body...

I'm getting around 14%, which is much lower than I anticipated, because my body looks closer to pictures I've seen of 20%.

How likely is it that I'm doing my measurements wrong? I've followed a youtube guide to the T and I still feel like I'm getting inaccurate readings.
>>
On a cut right now eating 2000 calories a day at a 500 calorie deficit

Should I be eating 1500 calories on days where I'm not exercising?
>>
>>36700535
pic for reference. On higher levels of fat calipers don't work very well.
>>
File: WP_20150819_15_02_28_Pro.jpg (270 KB, 948x872) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150819_15_02_28_Pro.jpg
270 KB, 948x872
>>36700577
I really don't feel like stripping down and taking a new pic... Here is one before I lost 25 pounds or so.
>>
http://www.airlats.com/how-to-make-your-hands-bigger/

Is this article bullshit? I really want to make my hands look manlier than the soft, clean looking ones I have now.
>>
>>36700712
>cringe
Lad just do heavy as fuck farmers walks. Gonna give you strong grips strength, juicy forearms and if you want calluses youll get em.
>>
>>36700794
I just turned 30... is it too late for me to train up some thicker, callousy sausage fingers?
>>
>>36700436
>Any alternatives?
Try a breakfast with fatty foods that also have some nice protein like bacon, sausages, etc. I can't stand that sort of food, but it's an alternative.
>>
>>36700663
There is a 100% chance that your measurements are way off. You're above 20%. I'm around 13-14% and my stomach does not have a pouch.
>>
>>36700847
Its never to late to make a change, why are you so obsessed with hands though???
>>
>>36700889
This picture is before I lost 25-30 pounds, as I said up there
>>
>>36700847
Why do you want thicker sausage fingers? Thin and long fingers are superior in every single way.
>>
>>36700900
My ex. It just kinda became this thing where when we first met she commented on how "clean" they were and I guess over time she would talk about how sexy big thick hands were and it just because this insecure softspot. I figured at this point even tho we're not together I still want to have better looking hands just because I want them. Basically I'm a wreck.
>>
>>36700924
you can't make your fingers longer anymore. Can only make them look thicker. I just think thicker fingers go better with a muscular physique too, but I agree thin fingers are more adapt at doing better, more expert work at almost every job.
>>
File: workout.png (20 KB, 582x451) Image search: [Google]
workout.png
20 KB, 582x451
How can I improve my program? What to add/remove?
>>
>>36700936
She sounds like a condescending bitch, should've left here sooner senpai. And again do heavy farmers walks.
>>
>>36700971
Why are you doing shrugs when you've already got so many exercises that all hit the traps quite well? Unless you're really muscular and your traps are really far behind, I don't see any reason to waste your time doing them. That's just my opinion on the matter at least.

I'd also recommend doing squats at the start of your workout as it's the heaviest exercise, and thus requires you to not be exhausted beforehand. It's also an exercise that activates a lot of muscle groups, which is even more of a reason to start with it. You don't want an exhausted back from rows and chin-ups to be holding you back from doing heavy squats.
>>
>>36700918
then take a new fucking pic
>>
>>36701075
>I'd also recommend doing squats at the start of your workout as it's the heaviest exercise, and thus requires you to not be exhausted beforehand. It's also an exercise that activates a lot of muscle groups, which is even more of a reason to start with it. You don't want an exhausted back from rows and chin-ups to be holding you back from doing heavy squats.

That's true, but I won't focus on my legs that much. The squats won't be that heavy, maybe 2 pl8s at most.
>>
>>36701102
Then you're better off doing legpress.
>>
>>36701097
well I just want to know, is there a way calipers can be wrong on 3 different areas of my body?
>>
>>36701185
Yes, the answer is yes.
>>
>>36701116

You think so? Why? The deadlift should stay?
>>
>>36695763
>measure body fat for the first time
>expect 20ish
>12%
but
>no abs
>skinnyfat
>still have a tummy
What the fuck?
>>
>>36701323
Keep the deadlift. If you're going to exhaust your back that much before a squat, then it's not worth doing, you'll get much more out of leg press at that point.

I still wouldn't recommend using your program though, it's not that great overall. You're much better off finding a solid program online and following that.
>>
>>36701358
>I still wouldn't recommend using your program though, it's not that great overall. You're much better off finding a solid program online and following that.

Example?
>>
>>36701347
Then your measurements are way off and you're actually not even close to 12%. You won't have a tummy at 12% fat.
>>
>>36701366
It all depends on your experience with lifting, your goals and your current physique.
>>
File: Phidippides.jpg (690 KB, 983x768) Image search: [Google]
Phidippides.jpg
690 KB, 983x768
Straight up Auschwitz skelly here (5'4, between 55 and 60 KGs, scale broken).

Wanted to test how much i can last today jogging (If that's the correct term for a 5' 52'' km/h pace rounded out). I usually am i huge fag and get repelled by how awful it feels when you're 15~ minutes in, and so far I've only done 20 to 40 minute jogs.

Today i tried to overclock, and went for 2 hours 40 minutes with one 5 minute break at 40 minutes. I noticed it gets remarkably easier when you hit 50 minutes or so and 5 minute intervals started seeming like Chiclets.

I'm interested in greater endurance/not feeling like a sea cucumber in general (going to start lifting soon as well), and i was wondering what would be a sensible jogging intensity/time, because im pretty sure 2 H 40 m/burning 1400 Cal per day, is unsustainable regularly, as i feel like im dying right now. I've read than roughly an hour straight is decent 3-4 times per week.

Also i have kyphosis and i feel like my calves/quads aren't tired when im done, but my feet, specifically my Achilles tendon feel tapped out. Is this indicative of some problem or incorrect form?

What's a suitable program (like do i do intervals or what?) to follow if im looking to be more explosive in general and have more endurance/feel not as bad when i have to pick up my pace?

[spoiler]Also is the goodbye gains meme real to some extent?[/spoiler]

Thanks in advance.
>>
Can someone who trains both regularly give me an idea of you max highbar vs. lowbar numbers?
>>
Has anyone had experience with pic related?

how would you rate it?
>>
>>36703255
this post reminded me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBg0cPmMRVA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ6tEhSaPRM
>>
>>36703440
Hardcore
>>
>>36701372
How do measurements go off that much though? I think it's actually you who doesn't have an understanding of how fat can be stored on a person. I've also measured mine at 3 different places and followed numerous guys and used an online calculator and I'm getting 14%.

I have some puffy fat on my tummy, but it's not a "gut" and I can see my ribs. I think you're idea of where and how fat can be stored is way off.
>>
>>36696322
Drink more milk, eat quark, cottage cheese and greek yogurt.
>>
I bought 15 2lb tubs of protein from AminoZ in Australia when they were listed at $1 about a week ago. The price remained up there for a few days. I got an email from the site essentially saying that they made a mistake, mistakes happen, they spoke to the fair trade commission and that they said that AminoZ "corrected the mistake on time".
Is this legit? Surely I shouldn't get the 15 right, but am I entitled to anything here? Surely having the listing there for a few more days isn't "on time" yeah?
>>
File: 1459703562448.jpg (204 KB, 582x800) Image search: [Google]
1459703562448.jpg
204 KB, 582x800
>>36703255
Bumping question
>>
File: 1438806842663.gif (836 KB, 469x348) Image search: [Google]
1438806842663.gif
836 KB, 469x348
I've been getting a lot of wrist pain recently what could I be doing to fix that is there a certain way I should be positioning my hands for OHP thats the one that gives me the most trouble
>>
Any good over the counter fat burners that you guys can recommend?
>>
>>36706437
All of the 100% legal ones are kinda shit and pricey.

Ephedrine and caffeine.
Yohimbine and caffeine.
Pick one.
>>
Started lifting three weeks ago.
Is a 1pl8 bench a decent start? How much should I aim to progress in 3 months?
>>
>>36706672
As much as you can, faggot. Answer is different for everyone. Dumb question.
>>
>>36706672
>Is a 1pl8 bench a decent start?
I guess so, I've started at 1pl8 bench, usually noobs start at 45 so it's alright
>>
Started ICF 5x5 - i'm not a complete beginner lifter. However, I'm used to training heavily for sports and 3 sessions a week seems like too little work. Is it a bad idea to train every other day, so I'm cutting out one of the rest days?
>>
When I was doing my cable rows today I felt a dull pop near my tailbone. I have trouble bending over and it hurts to cough now. Did I sprain my coccyx or something?
>>
>>36706672
How many reps are you doing with that weight?

A decent rep range for strength progression is about five repetitions. How much you progess really depends on your body, but as you lift around five to three reps you should aim make little increments in weight and rep as you move along.
>>
>>36704108
Body fat measurements are 99% wrong by 3-5% bodyfat.
>>
i'm 6'0 145 lbs and been working out 3 times a week for 2 weeks now doing SS. when i weighed myself yesterday, i actually lost weight, despite eating 3000 calories a day (trust me, i count everything).

should i just add another 500 kcal?
>>
File: 4 scoops.png (86 KB, 292x292) Image search: [Google]
4 scoops.png
86 KB, 292x292
>>36697146
>>36697146
>>36697146
>>36697146

bumping for this
>>
>>36708903

Palms facing down is meant to be used for reverse flys, palms facing for regular flyes. You can switch that around and it makes little difference but those are the usual/comfortable grips.
>>
>>36708917

So for reverse flys, palms facing down hits the anterior delts better?
>>
>>36708941

It makes almost zero difference to the muscular activation (and if you're doing reverse flys for anterior delts, something is very wrong there). Its just about having the weight pulling against your grip in a way that's easiest to manage.
>>
File: ULxULxx+Novice+program.png (89 KB, 938x682) Image search: [Google]
ULxULxx+Novice+program.png
89 KB, 938x682
I'm 2 months in and I can't see any significant gains. Should I switch from lyle mcdonald's upper/lower to trappy-chans?
>>
Is there a reccomended Foam rolling guide? The one in the sticky 404's.
>>
Alan Thrall says you shouldn't deadlift with APT,but a lot of people say the deadlift actually helped in fixing the tilt.

Also,is sitting in a deep squat position with correct form for 10-15 mins daily help with fixing APT,along with hip flexor streches?
>>
File: 1459453422126.webm (240 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1459453422126.webm
240 KB, 720x404
Help,I pulled a neck muscle from sneezing and I cant fucking move my neck for shit,im sitting here in my chair agonizing. I put an icepack(frozen salmon) on my neck. What do. It hurts :(
>>
how does one fix anterior pelvic tilt?
>>
What do you guys consider a "respectable" size for arms if you're natty? Be honest
>>
>>36709097
You're running two awful programs and complaining about not seeing gains?

Good luck to you because you've got a long journey of no gains ahead of you
>>
Is the following statement correct?
I saw it on someone's page

"Muscle confusion stimulates hypertrophy and the more hypertrophy, the more fat you burn FACT."
>>
>>36709329
my question is related to >>36709566

Please help us,bros
>>
>triceps make out 2/3 of the arms

is this true?
>>
>>36709441
Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>36709644
i didn't even read the thread before i asked the question, indeed i've fast discovered im not as skinny fat as i am just APTing to the point of a pregnant appearance
>>
>>36709653
yes
>>
>>36705958
Keep a thumbless grip and try and keep a straight line between wrist and fingertips.
The pain is likely coming from the bar resting too high up on your palm, forcing the hand back. The thumbless grip lowers the bars position on your hand
>>
>>36696488
Go live innawoods as a hermit. That way if you see deer laughing to each other and making jokes you could probably kill them and get away with it.
>>
>>36705958
https://youtu.be/CnBmiBqp-AI?t=1m52s

Skip to 1:52 if it doesn't automatically do it.
>>
Do I bother with macros? If I'm 300kcal above maintenance atm and getting just over 100g of protein a day. Do I have to worry about the other proportions of fat/carbs ect?
>>
Ex-fatshit here (was 240) on 1450~kcal since August with a few fuckups during Thanksgiving and X-mas. Started lifting on day 1.

down to 160 now which is underweight for 6'2. Still have kinda manboobs and can pull fat from by lower back and belly. Also i don't have that "popping side pec" look like some of you low bf guys have if you know what i mean. my chest is straight down on the side of my torse because there is still fat there. Tried keeping carbs low.

what the fuck do i do guys i've been cutting so good and im stronger than when i started. Should i keep cutting to 140?

I do IF 18/6 and lift 4 days a week
<80g total carb on workout days <25 sugar <50g total carb on rest days <15g sugar. (Carbs from Nuts/Fruits/Veggies)
4:00am eat
6:30am lift and 20 min Cardio at least 150-165hr
10:30am eat
>>
File: izZ7t57.png (543 KB, 603x608) Image search: [Google]
izZ7t57.png
543 KB, 603x608
I convinced my mother to come to the gym today and do some stuff that isn't her usual bullshit "let's jump around with weights in our hands" courses.
I need some advice.

She's in her early 60's, short, a bit overweight in the belly, even though she eats like a mouse (must be her absence of abs).
She's had kyphosis for a long while, 0 upper body strength, very poor arm/shoulder mobility.
I was thinking of
>some upper back, shoulder and pecs stretches for her kyphosis
>abs
>maybe some light arms (triceps+shoulders) and legs strength work

Thoughts?
>>
I'm not going to squat or deadlift today because of hip pain

So I'm going to do leg extensions and curls, but just for one day. What are some other exercises I can do without that big hip bend?
>>
>>36709660
Emily Rudd; L2Google.
>>
Dull lower back aching right after squats, good or bad?
>>
>>36709583
Got any better advice?
>>
>>36709954
yes but do stuff like face pulls
>>
How do I isolate abs on hanging leg/knee raise? I work my hips waaay more than abs.
>>
>>36696488
Pal, you're at uni? You're under 25? Your body and mind is still developing, the brain slows down developing 40+, m8r, you have loads of time. No social life, read books, the people you see having a great social life are about 5-10% max, the majority of people are at home reading/exercising/existential crisising.

look up 4chan reading list, some good stuff, look up /pol/ reading list, tread carefully, but you'll get some zest back in your life.
>>
>>36710484
If you're doing it right, then you're working out the abs. Your hip is not a muscle, so you're technically not "working it."
>>
Is it ok to eat a little sat fat while cutting? I eat blue cheese and dark meat and I'm cutting. Will my end results be effected, look-wise?
>>
File: 100628084539839648.jpg (62 KB, 525x640) Image search: [Google]
100628084539839648.jpg
62 KB, 525x640
>>36710379
why?
>>
>>36708157
Bump. I just woke up today and I can barely move due to the lower back pain. I even slept with an ice pack.
>>
>>36710575
I don't think so as long as it fits your macros.
>>
This might be a little bit more suited for /fa/ but you guys have been really helpful in the past.

I'm wondering what are some good brands of moisturizer, I've seen clearly that men's value increases as they age and I want to keep my skin looking as young as possible. I use a 15spf sunscreen but what can I use as an affordable natural moisturizer?
>>
>>36711298
My dermatologist personally recommended the brands Amlactin and CeraVe. Don't buy meme lotions or moisturizers like coconut butter or whatever "natural" ones they sell. They're placebos.

Make sure whatever you buy says non-comedogenic. That EXACT word. Anything that says "doesn't block pores" but doesn't say non-comedogenic will probably block pores.
>>
>>36711441
Good looking out. I appreciate it. I posted in another thread but I might as well ask it here as well, any tips on how to beat dark bags under the eyes? I've started to up my water intake and sleep, anything else?
>>
>>36711564
>any tips on how to beat dark bags under the eyes?
I have them too. I've asked my dermatologist and she said it's genetic and there's not much you can do about it. There are creams out there but it's not the pigmentation of the skin that causes them, it's the blood vessels under the skin. They sell creams that claim to fix it but there's a cream for everything. And the eye bag creams are expensive. You could always get a tan on your face (which will age you faster obviously) and that would mitigate the darkness around your eyes, but according to my dermatologist it's genetic and a feature you can't really fix.
>>
So only 7 eggs per week for an active young person is a total meme, right?
>>
Midterms started and I'm stuck with being able to go to the gym once/week.
Should I revert to fullbody workouts to fully preserve liftin numbers?
Should I use this off time for a cut?

Help me turn this handicap into a plus
>>
Are front raises a push or pull exercise?
>>
Why do people say counting calories is bad? It takes me about 2 minutes a day and it basically guarantees you will lose weight. Is it to prevent weak minded people from going full anorexic?
>>
File: chicken.gif (3 MB, 330x400) Image search: [Google]
chicken.gif
3 MB, 330x400
>>36711682
>mfw I go through 42 eggs a week
>>
>>36710365
Upper lower split faggot

gym 4 times a week cardio 2 times
>>
>>36712800
both of his routines are upper/lower splits you retarded newbie
>>
Is waiting around 40 minutes after a meal enough time to allow my stomach to settle so i can lift after dinner?
>>
>>36706672
I started mid January with the bar. Stalled for a few sessions at 55kg, did 65kg most recently.

After I injured my soleus and had to stop squatting, my upper body lifts unstalled.
>>
File: 1459411336883.png (624 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1459411336883.png
624 KB, 640x1136
What are some good hobbies to have besides school and lifting
>>
>>36712960
It changes from person-to-person. My buddy can lift 30 minutes after eating, but I have to make sure my lifts are two hours after food or else I get nauseous.
>>
File: tunnel.webm (1 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
tunnel.webm
1 MB, 600x338
>>36712982
I drive
>>
>>36712998
I was fine an hour after eating so I'll give it a try and stop if I feel sick or nauseous.
>>
>>36712982
Maybe take up a martial art to go with your lifting? Its good cardio.
If that's not your cup of tea maybe pick up an instrument or draw?
>>
Lets say the Rippetoes starter workout no longer makes progress for me. What would the next step be? Add more reps/sets and exercises to each muscle group?
>>
Hey /fit/. I just got offered a job as a model and as a result I have a bit of work to do. I'm in pretty good shape on the whole because I swim regularly but I'm lacking in core, or more specifically abs. If I recall the go-to suggestion here for that is "if you have a low enough bf% your abs will magically become visible" or an ab roller, but the bf% argument doesn't work in my experience and ab rollers seem to be more for obliques. So what do

>>36712982
Music, be it listening to music or playing an instrument. Cathartic as fuck.
>>
Good general stretch routine I can do on off days for flexibility?
>>
>>36713184
If you plateau on SS, you're ready to go to an intermediate program.
>>
>>36713208
>but the bf% argument doesn't work in my experience
Then you need more ab muscles AND cut down. Pictures dude.
>>
Would a 250 cal surplus over 4 months lead to less fat gain than a 500 cal surplus over 2 months? Especially if you're 5'4? Do novice and intermediate lifters need a bigger surplus?
>>
>>36713470
Not gonna post pics but I'm 6'2 150lbs (have been significantly lighter at the same height in the past as well) and have never seen my abs. The outline, I suppose I'd call it is kind of visible but yeah.

I'm not arguing that body fat has nothing to do with the visibility of abs but that like you said muscle mass also plays a role, and that seems to be my issue and I need to figure out how to fix it.
>>
Is there a certain type of Oatmeal that's considered the best or will any do?
>>
I roll of shamed 205lbs yesterday. I felt a burning in my abs as the bar rolled over them. Now my lower right abs are sore if I touch them. Is there anything I should be doing to them? I've already massaged them with lotion a little.
>>
Its getting hard to scrape a scoopful of pre out of the tub. I tried shaking it just now but it was a bit of effort to get a scoop... What do?
>>
>>36696488
Hey, Same situation. What helped was joining a club (for me, boxing) and just talking to people there. They invite me out to some stuff so that's cool. Also try diving into your hobbies, like lifting (I don't think you need me to tell you, since we're on /fit/) and maybe a different hobby too, like I like to read comics. Honestly, I still get those angry days like you do too, but you can lessen it. Also another was that my schoolwork is a lot so I just stop caring about everything else but University.
>>
>>36712734
They hate it because then they can't eat as much as they want to. MyFitnessPal basically makes counting your macros effortless.
>>
>>36712982
I like to read comics and I'm also in a boxing club
>>
>>36712734
People don't believe the concept of calories in, calories out

Like my chubbyfat bf he doesn't believe in calories. He thinks it's made up lol
>>
Newfag who just finished his second day at the gym. My gym doesn't have a squat rack, only a smith machine. I was browsing online and saw people saying that smith machine squats aren't good. Why is that? What should I do instead if the smith machine squats are useless to me?

Applies to deadlift as well since the faculty don't really like people doing them outside of the smith machine, but I think I could get away with them.
>>
HOW DO I BULK AND REMAIN CONSCIOUS

I have a 2k calorie protein shake or huge meal and i m basically ready to nap, even though I know I got another 2k calories to go
>>
Silly question: how much does it take to do coolcicada's PPL?
I ask because I'm used to 1 hour or less of SL 5x5, and this looks like it's much longer. I'd like to know how much time I need to allocate now.
>>
>>36713945
how fucking low is your self-esteem?
>>
>>36713968
First, give your height and weight. I seriously doubt you need to eat 4k calories.

Second, don't have all your calories in one or two meals. Split them up.
>>
>>36713946
Imagine you're taking a class about architecture. All the homework they have you do is limited to houses settled in the ground, so that all the stability is locked in-place. Then, when you graduate and go to make a 2-story, you suddenly realize you have no stability and your houses fall apart.

That's why Smith machines suck. They lock you into place and never train your stability muscles
>>
Fatty here. Started doing cardio about 2 weeks ago and something that has never happend before happend today. I was about 20 minutes into a moderate pace cycling, heart rate like a jackhammer though because of former sedetary lifestyle. Suddenly it was like I had to heavily draw in my breath every 5 or 6 beats, and I got real nervous. Stopped my cardio, and felt my heart. About every 6th or 7th beat, my heart had a double beat. Like a normal beat and then a small weaker beat immediately. Stopped happening like 30 seconds after I got off. Is this something I should be worried about? Google gives me varying opinions. No former heart troubles and none in my family that I'm aware of.
>>
>>36714081
Okay, but what should I do about it?
>>
>>36714105
Well, I would suggest finding another gym honestly. A gym without a squat rack (and one that discourages fucking deadlifts?) limits a lot of your lifts.
>>
>>36714083
Entirely possible you're pushing yourself too hard. Are you following any program for running?
>>
File: 1432661593135.jpg (45 KB, 634x663) Image search: [Google]
1432661593135.jpg
45 KB, 634x663
Now that allergy season is starting - is it okay to take antihistamines with ephedrine (from an EC stack)?
>>
>>36714148
>Are you following any program for running?
I'm cycling, and no. I've been doing 30mins every day for 2 weeks now. It's hard not to push yourself when a moderate pace gets you the same heart rate as someone in a full sprint. This is the first time it has happend, and I don't feel that I'm particularly worn out when I'm done with my sessions regularly.
>>
>>36714129
The only other gym in driving range is $50 a month, which I can't afford.
>>
What are the negatives of my squat being more than my deadlift? Am I putting myself at risk in any way?
>>
>>36714226
I know that feel bro. There's not really any proper replacement for a squat, though you can try goblet squats for now.

In the future, try to find a better gym or build an at-home gym.
>>
>>36714226
Get minimum wage job where you work 5 hours a week

Now you have enough money to afford $50 a month for the gym
>>
Will it ever be worth cutting at any point while I'm still on SS? (I started out skeleton mode btw, and don't put on fat easily (or muscle desu ;_;).)

And is it around when you get to 2x/1.5x/1x bodyweight on diddly/squat/bench that you typically move off SS?
>>
How long would going from about 14% to 11% bf take? I'm 5'9 170. So it's basically about 5lbs of fat.

Is it possible to lose 2lbs of fat in a week and keep strength?
>>
>>36714276
I had a job, but it cut into my grades really hard after a year or so.

Guess i'll just keep doing smith squats then.
>>
>>36714238
You're most likely half repping squats
>>
>>36714282
>don't put on fat easily (or muscle desu ;_;).)
stop thinking you're some sort of special thyroid high metabolistic snowflake
>>
>>36714202
When you're not used to exercising, it's very easy to overwork yourself. Look up C25K. It's the easiest

>>36714276
I've been in a similar situation where it's hard enough just to afford rent, in that case $50 is a lot of money.
>>
>>36714294
I'm not saying I'm special m80, I just put on weight slower than average.
>>
>>36714014
>1 hour or less of SL
You weren't lifting heavy
Heavy lifts will make your rest times ~5 minutes easily

>>36713968
Spread food throughout the day. Big meals at night/later on

>>36713946
Read the sticky
Free weight movements are always superior to fixed movements
Find a real gym

>>36713700
Rest them
It's hard to roll of shame with heavy weight
Ask for a spotter or use a rack with safeties

>>36713609
Anything with no sugar added

>>36713524
If you're lifting and adding muscle, yes.

>>36713212
Refer to the sticky
I think it's best to kind of come up with your own routine through time and experience. DeFranco's Agile 8 and Limber 11 are good starting points
Google 'supple leopard' for a book on the subject

>>36713208
Lift heavy and work abs, google '21st century ab training'

>>36713184
If you read the book, you would know this
Move on to intermediate or figure out what you can do to prolong LP

>>36712982
Whatever you enjoy

>>36712682
Anterior delts, would be considered a push (paired with OHP). If you're doing PPL, some people just throw shoulders with legs

>>36710545
Wrong
There are muscles that work together for every function

>>36710484
Start with something easier

>>36710357
Bad
Post form check

>>36709979
Rest x F

>>36709623
'Muscle confusion' is a retarded term FACT

>>36709913
You need muscle mass to look good
Skinnyfats should bulk or at least maintain

>>36709571
About tree fiddy

>>36709566
The best way is to educate yourself on the subject, here's a link to get started
exrx.net/ExInfo/Posture.html

>>36709329
No. Sitting in a deep squat puts your hip flexors in a shortened position, the exact opposite of stretching them

>>36708728
>SS
Read the book
>lost weight
>despite eating 3000 calories (assuming bulk)
Pick one
>trust me
No
>add another 500kcal?
Yes

>>36705650
Stop asking this
You got a couple of good answers last time I saw this, including one from a law student
>>
Is it acceptable/useful to take vitamins for appetite growth? I want to gain muscle as well as loosing fat (9%bf). I'm thinking that I might eat too much and I'll gain more fat compared to the muscle gain.
>>
>>36714313
>I just put on weight slower than average.
No you don't. What are you comparing yourself to? Sounds like excuses to me.
>>
>>36709623
They randomly put in the word fact and even capitalized the letters. This must mean they are legit and very confident in themselves. I'd listen to them desu FACT.
>>
>>36714340
>No you don't
Obviously you wouldn't know. I eat at a surplus, and put on weight slower than the average person would.

You understand that not everyone's bodies are identical don't you? There's an average, and inevitably, some will be below, and some above. I didn't think this was a particularly hard concept to grasp, but I could be wrong.
>>
File: 1055685582.jpg (35 KB, 171x168) Image search: [Google]
1055685582.jpg
35 KB, 171x168
>>36714331
>I want to lose fat
>currently 9%
> I'm thinking that I might eat too much and I'll gain more fat compared to the muscle gain.

I'm glad idiots like you don't bother to do any research or read the sticky.

Muscle mass gains cannot exist without fat gains also existing. It simply doesn't work that way.
>>
I smashed my rows and squats today, even getting a pr on the number of crunches I could do, yet my bench is suffering. I barely managed 1x8 with 18kg dumbbells (I do one arm bench with dumbbells at home.)
Should I bench first rather than last? I only got 3 hours sleep on Thursday night (the last time I lifted) could that be why I'm repping less on bench this time round?
>>
>>36714366
Metabolism doesn't work that way faggot. While it's true some people naturally burn more than others, it's never more than 150 calories or so. Weight management is literally just a numbers game. If you're not gaining weight, add 150 calories to your daily total. Repeat until weight gain of 0.5-0.75 lbs per week.
>>
>>36714369
Lots of people seem to disagree.

E.g.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRQxIcbIT3A
>>
>>36714046
6'5" 180lbs, I lift most days
You still don't think I need 4k?
>>
>>36714321
>You weren't lifting heavy
>Heavy lifts will make your rest times ~5 minutes easily
I know. I started lifting 3 series instead of 5, that's why I take 1 hour and not more.
>>
>>36714083
You probably fucked up your breathing
If you legitimately have an irregular heartbeat, see a doctor

>>36714238
A higher squat than deadlift is a lack of depth almost all of the time (unless advanced lifter)

>>36714313
No, you don't. Anon is right.
Eat more and you won't be putting on weight slower than average. Metabolism doesn't vary as much between different people as you think it does.

>>36714287
Post pic so that I can tell you that you are not 14%
It's possible, but not sustainable

>>36714289
>>36714308
>$50 is a lot of money
You need to get your priorities in order
>>
>>36714400
>You need to get your priorities in order

Nig my only source of income is my refund on my student loans. College ain't cheap in America and I have to make it last until the next semester or else i'm gonna be starving. Even if it's not optimal I'm sure the smith machine will give me -something- even if I have to play catchup in the future.
>>
>>36714389

I lift mondays, wednsdays and fridays + swim for half an hour on sundays

my weight is stable with < 1000kcals daily.

186cm tall, 82 kg.

So unless the calories quoted on all the food I eat are completely off-base, it seems there is a lot more deviation than 150.

I'm having a hard time even imagining eating 2500kcals or so, I don't think I'd even manage.
>>
>>36714390
There's nothing to disagree about. You don't magically get to ignore physics. You CANNOT grow muscle and lose fat unless you are seriously overweight and DYEL.

Don't argue what you don't know about.
>>
How long into lifting before i can -somewhat- safely start roiding? Is a year enough?
>>
Does anyone know the definitive amount of protein needed on a bulk? Information online seems skewed, I've heard that 1g/lb is overdoing it despite how many people recommend it .
>>
>>36714395
No I fucking don't. Your TDEE at "moderate exercise" is 2990. There's no reason to have a surplus over 1000 fucking calories.

And how often is "most days"? How long? What program are you running? The exercise calculators in TDEE's are extremely inaccurate.
>>
>>36714444
No need to ignore physics. There is nothing in physics that would prevent you from eating just enough calories that you can build muscle yet not get fat. So

> Muscle mass gains cannot exist without fat gains also existing.

has no basis in physics of any kind.
>>
>>36714469
Tbh I think 1g/lb of lean bodyweight is more reasonable.
>>
>>36714331
You are not 9% bf, I don't think you understand how difficult that is to achieve. You could post a pic to prove me wrong, but that's not going to happen.
It's especially not a state that you can still gain muscle while losing fat

>>36714382
Check your technique. Why don;t you do both arms at the same time or use a barbell? That's a pitifully low bench number either way

You can put bench first if yu want to focus on it, but IMO it would be better to put it in between squats and rows to give your back a little break
>3 hours sleep
Lack of sleep will always fuck you up

>>36714397
Still doesn't add up. Are you not adding accessories? Still:
5-10 min warmup (let's say 10 mins)
3 sets of squats with 5 min breaks (25 mins)
Warmup for pressing (30 mins)
3 sets of pressing with 5 min breaks (45 mins)
Warmup for, let's say, deadlifts (50 mins)
Deadlift set puts you at OVER 50 mins, easily, with a basic estimation. Rows would put you over 60 minutes
And then no accessories? THere's something wrong here

What are your lifts at?
I don't even give a shit though
Just try the fucking routine once and you'll know how long it will take you to do, everybody is different.
>>
I damaged my nerves in my right arm and havent lifted for 2.5 months, before that i was going steady lifting for 7ish months, how much does 2.5 months of no lifting fuck me over? Any advice for re-entering lift mode?
>>
>>36714461
The fact that you're even asking this question tells me that you've got no business taking roids.
>>
>>36714513
Sure, start slowly.
>>
File: 1399051342312.jpg (130 KB, 383x472) Image search: [Google]
1399051342312.jpg
130 KB, 383x472
>>36714435
>less than 1000 calories daily
jesus fucking christ where to begin

Diet is about consistency, not just eating a surplus on the days you feel like it.

>I'm having a hard time even imagining eating 2500kcals
Well tough shit fuckboi, because if you aren't even willing to try to figure it out you're not gonna make it.
>>
>>36714469
It's really heavily debated. As long as you're getting 1g/lb of LBM you should be fine.
>>
>>36696743
you say you are in uni; sometimes universities have free mental health clinics that you can use
>>
>>36714369
>>36714504
To 9%* sorry
>>
>>36714549
I've been on 1000kcal/day for about 4 months now. I literally eat the same thing every day/week -- rotating between four meals that each have about 1000kcal (800-1100kcal.)

So I'm about as consistent as it gets.
>>
>>36713555
A lot of ab visibility is genetic, fampai. Some people will never get the clean, defined six-pack on the cover of men's magazines. Take what you get.
>>
>>36714583
Also, I don't snack, no alcohol, no extra-ordinary meals.
>>
File: alec baldman disapproves.png (110 KB, 216x276) Image search: [Google]
alec baldman disapproves.png
110 KB, 216x276
>>36714482
Holy shit the retards in the QTDDTOT are in mass flock.

> Muscle mass gains cannot exist without fat gains also existing has no basis in physics of any kind.

Way to prove you have never built or lost muscle before in your life. If you gain mass, you gain fat. That's a fact. There has never been a non-genetic mutation that allowed someone to gain muscle without also gaining fat. Even if you lean bulk, you're going to gain a minimal amount of fat. That much is a fact.

It's not like you grow a fucking beer gut, but you gain a decent amount of fat on a bulk.

Why the fuck do you think cutting is a thing?
>>
>>36714597
It is biologically possible to gain muscle without gaining fat or even losing fat.

In fact many fatties are technically doing that now
>>
>>36714321
>lift heavy
that would quite possibly ruin my job prospect, I have to stay reasonably small
>21st century core training
this seems like it's directed towards people who are looking to improve their lifts though, and it's pretty convoluted at that
literally all I need is a way to get visible abs
>>
Where do you guys get ephedrine? Want to ECA stack, and obviously I can't just go find generic brand ephedrine at GMC or some shit, but like, do you buy bronkaid or what?
>>
>>36714597
watch the video, then come back to this thread.
>>
File: FUCK.jpg (7 KB, 300x213) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.jpg
7 KB, 300x213
>>36714596
>>36714583
That is not a healthy amount of calories to be per day, especially for your height and weight.

>So I'm about as consistent as it gets.
>rotating between four meals that each have about 1000kcal (800-1100kcal.)

CHANGING A COUPLE HUNDRED CALORIES PER DAY IS NOT FUCKING CONSISTENT
>>
>>36714321
law student here again to say that legal advice on the internet is partially bad because of the way lawyering works as a profession, but largely bad because idiots will just keep asking the same question until they get an answer that makes them feel happy.

Also possible that this is a competitor to AminoZ, or someone who just wants to spite them.
>>
so, i can understand why no-carb diets can be good, since most people get their carbs from shitty food. but how does no-carb, eat as much as you want thing works?
is it simply because if they cant eat fast food, sweets and shit like that people just stay under their calorie limit? like nobody is going to eat 5k in calories just eating meat and veggies. or does calories in/out magically doesnt work in this case?
>>
>>36714627
you have no idea what you're talking about

>>36714612
He's not talking about beginner gains, he's talking about bulking.
>>
>>36695763
Is it alright if I get on gear at age 19?
>>
>>36714638
> That is not a healthy amount of calories to be per day

Well, my weight is staying at a constant 82kg while I'm being pretty active, so...? IDK, I don't feel bad, hungry or anything. I'm inclined to believe my digestive system just works more efficiently than other peoples.

> CHANGING A COUPLE HUNDRED CALORIES PER DAY IS NOT FUCKING CONSISTENT

Don't give a shit, it still evens out to be around 1000kcal in the long run. Even 1100kcal is still well below what most other people seem to eat, so my point stands.
>>
>>36714659
let it go senpai. They know not what bulk means.
>>
>>36714649
No carb diets work with ketosis, which is a mainly a thing for obese people to lose weight crazy fast.

>>36714712
It's easy to get mad in these threads because people refuse to listen to advice.
>>
File: 1424233837511.png (145 KB, 274x256) Image search: [Google]
1424233837511.png
145 KB, 274x256
>>36714689
>Well, my weight is staying at a constant 82kg while I'm being pretty active, so...?
Because your fucking body is preserving literally everything in you right now while using anything you eat. I've been in the same exact situation. Lifted 3x a week, ate between 900 and 1400 calories a day, didn't lose weight. Turns out I was eating below what was considered my absolute minimum I should be eating.

If you want to bulk, eat more. It's really that simple. Count what you eat, actually measure it, and if you don't gain weight, eat even more. There's no magic to stop you.

>I don't give a shit
Then fuck off and don't ask advice here again. We're here to improve people, not listen to retards tell use we're wrong when they're fucking over their own bodies.
>>
>>36714725
so, since the body is in ketosis, even if you eat bunch of calories, it's still burning fat so you'll lose weight.
if, like you said, you are obese and have plenty of fat.
what would happen if you arent?
>>
>>36714797

> ate between 900 and 1400 calories a day
> complains about my consistency

Stop being a cheeky cunt

I haven't quite figured out what I want to do with my body yet, if I should cut more first or start bulking, but I'd rather think that if I start eating the amount of calories recommended by common TDEE calculators (which would be over 2x what I eat now) that I would start massively gaining fat fast.
>>
>>36714615
You can get stronger without gaining much size. Lift below the general hypertrophy rep ranges. Handling heavy weights will work your abs harder than handling lower weights in hypertrophy ranges
>that seems directed towards people who are looking to improve their lifts though
You obviously didn't read the article, literally the first line is:
>Do you just want great looking abs?
It goes on to specify 4 ways to train your abs and exercises you can use to do so. The article doesn't even recommend heavy lifts like squats and deads, which is point #1 in the article (literally debunking lifting heavy for abs)

>>36714616
Bronkaid, yeah

>>36714390
>>36714627
>Lots of people
>an anecdote from one guy on steroids who is literally providing advice to beginners
The sticky goes over his point
>>
File: ExtremeFacepalm.png (14 KB, 546x566) Image search: [Google]
ExtremeFacepalm.png
14 KB, 546x566
>>36714877
STOP PRETENDING YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT

You came here for advice. Do you fucking want it or not?

You won't gain massive amounts of fat on a 500 calorie bulk. You will gain fat, but that's natural and part of building muscle, nothing can circumvent it.

>Stop being a cheeky cunt
NIGGER IT WAS A STORY WHEN I WAS IN THE SAME POSITION AS YOU. For chrissake, learn to fucking read.
>>
>>36714689
>>36714797
>>36714877
/r/1200isplenty kek

>>36714851
google 'rabbit starvation'
>>
>>36714929
I'm not pretending anything.

My point is not at all about calorie surplus or deficiency, it's about what the base-level is. learn to read?

2500, assuming what I'm currently eating is my TDEE, would be a surplus of like 1400kcals. Unless there is something else (as of yet unexplained) going on, like the body switching between different efficiency modes that will make my TDEE go up to 2k once I start bulking.

If ~1000kcals is not my TDEE, then why would I not lose weight?
>>
I lose stamina dancing.
Dance more?
How to dance and learn it as a poooooooor student?
>>
>>36714950
>'rabbit starvation'
damn

thanks for clarifying this dude
>>
>>36714851
>>36714950

n.b. rabbit starvation happens when you don't HAVE any fat, but that fat can come in through your diet, not just preexisting adipose tissue. This is how keto can work as a long term diet--it is a high fat, mid protein, low carb diet. Compare PSMF, which is high protein, low fat low carb. People on a keto diet can survive just fine indefinitely because their body is burning the energy in the fat they eat, instead of digesting carbs for energy. PSMF on the other hand is made for people with excess fat to lose it quickly, by depriving the body of both carbs and fat, forcing it to make use of the protein intake to preserve muscle, and burn the body's fat stores for other energy. It would be extremely dangerous for someone with low body fat, because rabbit starvation.
>>
>>36715030
np senpai gl w/ cut
>>
>>36700115
>3% milk

wat
>>
Question: how fast can you cut, and does cutting speed affect muscle loss? E.g. if I were to cut at 500 Cals deficit vs. 1000 Cals deficit for half the time (or however long it will take to reach the equivalent goal weight), will the faster cut shed more muscle-mass?
>>
File: tdee.png (39 KB, 859x443) Image search: [Google]
tdee.png
39 KB, 859x443
>>36714990
>If ~1000kcals is not my TDEE
Let's not dance around this. It's not. There is not a single human being alive with a TDEE of 1000 calories. Fucking google it. You will find zero support of this.

> why would I not lose weight?
I don't know the exact reasoning, but I know the same has happened to me. Simply put, your body is desperate not to lose any of the reserves it currently has on you and only burns the calories of food you have in you. Unless you go even lower, your body will not start eating away at itself.

You have been eating unhealthily for what seems like a long time. If you truly want to gain weight, you have to convince your body that you're eating properly again before doing anything else. Eat at maintenance for 2 weeks to a month. Then bulk. You'll find you've magically put on weight.

Also, be fucking consistent. I'm not talking about between 2000 and 2300 calories. I mean less than 50 calories from your goal if not right on the dot every single day.

>>36715105
Whole milk?

>>36715113
>will the faster cut shed more muscle-mass?
yes
>>
>>36715113

If you cut harder you will technically lose mass faster. The faster you cut, the more muscle you lose (you have to sacrifice some nutrients in order to hit the lower calorie target).

Ideally, you want to remoe that idea of speed. Just cut a little and work out a lot, and your weight will go down every day. If you're worried about how fast you can do it, you're never gonna make it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.