[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After 3 years of lifting i suddenly started skipping workouts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: COfB29jU8AAzn6V[1].jpg (55 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
COfB29jU8AAzn6V[1].jpg
55 KB, 600x450
After 3 years of lifting i suddenly started skipping workouts and not feeling like it.

How can i fix this?
>>
>>36683084
SLEEP TIGHT LITTLE BIRD
>>
>>36683084
kys you're never gonna make it
>>
Ask yourself, why aren't you feeling like it?

here's why I bet

>you're natty, and hit the natty wall about 1-2 years ago
>you realized you've been lifting for at least the last 1.5 years with basically barely any changes in comparison to your first 1.5 years.
>you realize you're putting in all this time and effort and you're not growing anymore

This is happens to all nattys. I can't wait for it to happen to all the 1st year lifters on here who claim to be in love with lifting.

Ive been lifting NATTY since 2004 (yes im retarded) and I can say most people only last until they hit the noob gains wall...after they achieve noob gains they keep on lifting putting all their heart and effort into realizing nothing is changing. They either A) quit, or B) get on steroids or C) have OCD like me and just keep lifting anyway, regardless of how slow/non-existent changes are.
>>
>>36683831
b-but scooby told me you can't reach your natty limit until at least 10 years of lifting
>>
>>36683902
I didn't say natty limit.

I said noob gains. "hitting your noob gains wall"

The "noob gains" wall is the part in your lifting (usually after the 1 or 2nd year) where your gains are no longer noticeable from month to month. After noob gains phase, it takes about 1-2 years of training to see a noticeable difference, then again another 2-4 years to see some more minor differences, then another 4-8 years to see some more minor differences.

So theoritcally it will take about 10 years to secure 99% of your possible natty gains (you'll never reach 100%) but the fact is you actually get 80-85% of those gains in the first 2-3 years, it takes the next 7-8 years to get those final 14-19% gains.
>>
>>36683938
>broscience: the post
>>
>>36683989
Kek
>>
>>36683989
The numbers might be broscience, but he's not far from the truth. Just like losing 5kg is much easier when you're 150kg than when you're 90kg, or how you have to study 10 times more to bump your grade from 9.5/10 to 10/10 than from zero to 6.0/10.

It's just natural, the further you go the harder it is to go even further. OP can either be satisfied with what he has and just maintain (using any muscle loss as incentive not to skip any more days) or use the fact that he's pushing further than virtually every human being and use that as incentive to push through years of lifting for small gains.
>>
>>36683938
That bullshit just earned you a PhD in BroSci. Congratz.
>>
File: diminishing_returns.jpg (30 KB, 800x478) Image search: [Google]
diminishing_returns.jpg
30 KB, 800x478
>>36684109
>>36683989
Sorry to say bros
>>
>tfw this thread makes you question your lifting career
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.