[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Salt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Salt-.jpg (142 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Salt-.jpg
142 KB, 960x720
>Harms cardiovascular health
>Increases water retention thus bloat

Some guy told me that salt is actually good for you and I nearly raped his mother on the spot, however, I'm pretty sure he's actually right.

What is salt good for? For the body
>>
Neural activity
>>
>>36681154
>What is salt good for? For the body

Every single cell in the body except red blood cells, same goes for potassium.
You get most of the required salt from food without adding it anyway,
>>
>>36681154
>buddy in bootcamp wasnt getting enough salt
>Visibly shaking and sweating constantly all day
>Thought it was from a lack of water
>Kept telling him he needed to salt his food at dinner chow
>He thought he was just dehydrated
>didnt listen and drank two canteens of water
>shouldnt have done that
>during weapons count before bed he literally falls forward and hits his face on the tile
>starts seizing up
>taken away by medics
>When he comes back he tells us what the medics said
>"You need more salt in your diet"
You need salt man.
>>
>>36681181
This. It's an electrolyte whose ratio to other electrolytes inside and outside of cells, like potassium, regulates neural impulses.
>>
>>36681154
you need a lot of salt everyday, salt is pretty fucking healthy. the problem is.

we are not supposed to be able to pour salt on our foods.

5 grams of salt a day is the healthiest,
>>
>>36681154
Iodine. You need a small amount in your diet as your body does not make it.
>>
>>36681254
You get all the sodium and chloride you need from unprocessed foods. Added salt is a dumb meme like sugar and terrible for health.
>>
>>36681296
A lot of salt? The rdi is 1.4 or so mgs of sodium which is not a lot of salt. You can get it without having to add salt to anything

Ans no its not fucking healthy when its up there with the highest risk factors for.hypertension along with being overweight.
Exercising increases your sodium needs, but not much.
>>
>>36681296
>5 grams of salt a day is the healthiest,
t. salt institute

http://jeffnovick.com/RD/Articles/Entries/2013/10/3_The_Truth_About_Sodium_Intake_Levels_files/Jay%20CPE.pdf
>>
>>36681345
1400-1500 mgs*

The problem is also not eating enough potassium
>>
>>36681338
Excess salt is bad. Adding salt adds flavour and isn't detrimental to your health.
>>
>>36681350
> files starting with a "The Truth" label.

Anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 527x726) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 527x726
>>36681623
All added salt is excessive.
>>
You need salt. I know what it feels like to not have enough. Didn't have enough salt on the first week of keto. Started having Himalayan rock salt on everything and salt drinks and felt better immediately.
>>
>>36681154
>not snorting two lines of pure uncut salt for them boosted action potential in your cells.

It's like you don't even wanna make it, C'MON.
>>
>>36681739
>keto
yeah, you fuck up your kidneys and get mineral wasting when you give them a massive acid load and simultaneously starve them of glucose
>>
>>36681845
Yeah. And now I'm no longer reliant on glucose and have sorted all my levels I feel fucking amazing
>>
>>36681854
>I'm no longer reliant on glucose

your posts definitely suggest that
>>
>>36681739
>>36681845
As someone who did keto for a 3 month cut:
>Eat decent quantities of veggies and salad
>do not hesitate putting salt on food
>supplement with mutivitamin to avoid carences
>dem insulin sensitivity gains tho
>>
>>36681259
Did he think he would sweat due to lack of water?
>>
>>36683233
He didnt really put 2 and 2 together. He assumed that because he had a headache and felt dizzy all he needed was water but doing that will make it worse.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.