[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What could be the reason for gaining 10 pounds after a month
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1qfwZyT[2].jpg (67 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
1qfwZyT[2].jpg
67 KB, 709x765
What could be the reason for gaining 10 pounds after a month of gym-going?

I've been eating maintenance (~2300 calories) which includes 2-3 protein shakes a day. Keep in mind this is after being completely sedentary.

10 pounds of muscle in a month sound absurd, but I guess initial gains would come more quickly?
>>
Water weight.

Are you using creatine?
>>
>>36672037

No, I just started to today though.

Can variable water weight really make up 10 pounds?
>>
>>36672015
Well let's say you're miscalculating your calories, which you probably are. So you probably gained maybe 2 lbs from that. Then, the water weight, you can definitely be storing another 5 lbs of that. Plus the shit and digesting food in your system from eating at a surplus. It's reasonable for you to appear to have gained 10 lbs in a month. Don't delude yourself into believing it's muscle. You did not gain 10 lbs of muscle in a month. You'll be lucky to gain 10 lbs of muscle in 6 months, and you won't gain any muscle eating a maintenance. You should read the sticky I think.
>>
>>36672100

I think 2300 might even be slightly under maintenance (I was afraid of getting even fatter) since I weighed 210 (now 220). I've already noticed pretty significant arm gains which has me even more confused.
>>
>>36672159
You won't gain weight unless you're at a calorie surplus plain and simple. 2300 does sound like a deficit for you, but that doesn't mean that you're adding everything up right. Unless you use a good scale to weigh everything, you could be off by hundreds of calories. And why would you be lifting at maintenance while being overweight? That is not beneficial for any reason. You should be cutting.
>>
fatty fatty boom
>>
>>36672056
Easily. When I played foot ball in highschool, I lost 15 pounds in a day because I didn't eat and drink enough.
>>
>>36672015
Monitor body fat percentage + weight, not just weight.
>>
>>36672225
>And why would you be lifting at maintenance while being overweight? That is not beneficial for any reason. You should be cutting.

Explain?
>>
Did you count how many calories you were eating before you started lifting?

Because the obvious answer is noob gains and too much food.
>>
Sounds like n00b gainz.

My first month I was just doing cardio and cutting and I gained 15 lbs, but lost a few inches around my gut.

After 8 weeks I am slowly starting to see my weight decrease.
>>
>>36673119

No, but it included around 8 cans of coke a day and a large pizza every week, so I assume I was overshooting my daily calorie needs by a fair margin.
>>
File: zai%20esl[1].jpg (137 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
zai%20esl[1].jpg
137 KB, 750x500
Any other insights? Here's a cute girl.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.