[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Early Morning Gym Time vs Evening
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: sunrise.jpg (24 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
sunrise.jpg
24 KB, 750x500
So today I'm changing up my normal routine and switching my gym time from evening to early morning as soon as I wake up.

Is there any benefits to going as soon as you wake up vs going later in the day.

Did the early morning session today and right now one positive benefit I'm noticing is that I feel like a million bucks, I'm energized and ready to take on this day, and now I have more free time in the evenings.

So /fit/, is there any other benefits to going to the gym at the crack of dawn?
>>
If you work out in the morning you carry that pump all day
>>
>>36669149
I hope so, anyone else know anything else?
>>
>>36669117
Advantages:
>get in and get done before anything can derail plans
>I find nutrition easier, light food before then breakfast, If I lift later in the day I still want to eat before lifting even if it's right after lunch
>feel legit for being motivated

Disadvantages:
>social life in evening if you get up early
>cold if you go outside
>no one around to see you

>>36669149
This is semi bullshit. If you lift 30 minutes before you start work you'll look bigger for a bit but a pump goes after an hour or two
>>
"Circadian rhythms can have an impact on many bodily functions, and testosterone levels are no exception. Normally, they are highest in the morning, usually at about 8 a.m. A man's testosterone levels then decline throughout the rest of the day, reaching a low point before bedtime--the theory being that he does not need testosterone while he sleeps. The day's events can change this pattern, however."

http://www.livestrong.com/article/302085-how-does-testosterone-vary-during-the-day/
>>
>>36669304
so training in the morgning would be ebst?
>>
I work from home so I can do morning (anticipatory stress lifted off my shoulders for the day) or noon (eat eggs/oats breakfast until then so when appetite hits after I can gorge after). Personally I'm not into evening just because it's more crowded and I prefer to sit on my ass and eat all night.
>>
>>36669303
I carry that pump for at least 4 hours, but then again I do a lot of cardio so my vaskular system is top notch. Are you one of the semifatty powerlifters by any chance?
>>
>>36669332
Been doing triathlons up until this year so nah.

I agree in part as on pull days my arms/back are definitely bigger but I'm not carrying a full pump like I just did a set of weighted chin ups all day
>>
>>36669117
Been training first thing for a number of years now.

Pros
>razor sharp focus for some reason
>no time wasted during the day because you only have to shower once etc
>no waiting for equipment

Cons
>requires more warm up, especially before deadlifts
>sometimes slightly worse performance compared to training in the afternoon, again likely because you're not as warm
>harder to make sure you're hydrated because you don't have much time to address these things before the training starts

>>36669304
Circadian rythm does have an impact but to some extend it's an individual thing that changes over time as you change your habits.

By the way, I'm pretty sure that the best time to train is in the afternoon if you follow the "standard" circadian rythm.
>>
>>36669373
In terms of performance in the morning vs afternoon vs night, I always used to CRUSH runs in the evening and be terrible first thing in the morning.

Anecdotal but whatever
>>
This is all from my experience.

Pros of morning:

>Easier to plan the rest of the day
>You can get the session "out of the way"
>Empty Gym, or at least no retards

Cons:
>Longer to warm up
>Can fuck up easier due to low blood sugars, dehydration etc
>Your body may not have fully woke up yet

Personally I like going at 12ish
>>
>>36669303
>This is semi bullshit. If you lift 30 minutes before you start work you'll look bigger for a bit but a pump goes after an hour or two

I think and hope he meant that the exercise will energize you and you'll stay mentally pumped throughout the day. That's how I feel when I workout in the morning. Feels good to know I got it done and I don't have to worry about getting distracted later. Also I pay more attention to my eating. If I haven't worked out I tend to reason that I can just burn it off later which is bad. But if I got my workout in I know where I stand and I'm trying extra hard not to fuck up the good work I did that morning.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.