[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
I don't like eating vegetables. Can /fit/ kindly recommend me some blender type smoothie recipes to allow me to get my '5 a day'. It would just make things a lot easier getting a solid majority of my micros in one go daily
>>
I don't follow a lifting program and have no routine. I just follow these principles:
Track calories according to goals. Make sure I'm getting stronger or in the case of a cut, not getting weaker. Hit all the muscles at least twice a week. Can I more or less see similar results doing this? So far I've had progress. Anyone else do this? Goal is aesthetics
>>
Hey /fit/.
I am poor, have a lactose intolerance and have only 20€ a week to get by and I am still adjusting to my situation.
I am living on peanuts, wiener sausages and eggs.
There's no real fiber, no real variety except my multivitamin.
What can I do to make this at least a bit more healthy?
>>
>>36615171
>Can I more or less see similar results doing this?
Theoretically, yes. However as you get more advanced, the need for actual programming is going to increase. Doing random stuff is going to be less effective, especially if you're not eating at a surplus.
Of course there's nothing to keeping you from applying principles of proven strength programs to your training even if it's mostly improvised.

One downside of training like you do however is that it's pretty easy to end up with imbalances, because you probably end up training some things more than others.

Also, whether you use a program or not, you should have a training log so you can at least look back at previous training sessions and consider what's been working and what hasn't.
>>
>>36615171
As long as you make all the right decisions and stay true to sound training principles, instinctive training can be just as effective as following a rigid program. Sometimes even more so.

Just doing completely random shit is not effective though.
>>
>>36615211
You've made some good points. How does this routine look?
- bench press
-squat
-shoulder press
-rows
3x6-8 reps all of them

-calf raises
-pull ups/pull downs
-curls
-tricep extensions
-lateral raises
-abs
3x8-12

I do this two days a week due to time constraints. For cutting or bulking does this 'routine' look fairly balanced?
>>
>>36615231
Oh and deadlift 3x6-8
>>
>>36615225
Thanks dude. Are there any principles I'm missing in relation to what I mentioned above? I have a decent idea about rep ranges
>>
>>36615231
>>36615236
Seems reasonably well-balanced.

>>36615240
Simply keeping an eye on your food intake and making sure your lifts are going up are two basic principles that will get you far. At this point in time you probably won't have to worry about much else.

At some point down the line you will have to experiment to figure out what kind of impact exercise variety, assistance work and other things have on your training. You'll need to learn how to wave and intensity and volume up and down too.

Many people always try to find the "perfect program" and are always looking for something that stands out from the rest. That's a stupid idea. Instead when looking at other succesful programs, look at what they have in common. All the good programs usually share the same underlying principles. Maybe you can figure these out on your own through experience and experimentation or maybe you have to look at other succesful people's work.

For now, just keep doing what you're doing. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.
>>
how important is the 8 hour window when IF?
i can do the 16 because its essentially just 2x4 hours, but i just need to eat something small in the 8 hour window.
>>
>>36615287
That's quite reassuring. Many thanks for the advice anon. Time to hit the gym
>>
>>36615129
OP here. Anyone?
>>
How does fit train abs? Like every other muscle? (Progressive overload) or will crunches to failure suffice
>>
Spinach + Pear is an awesome combo.

Best tip for veggies is to prep them all on one day so they're ready to cook with. For smoothies you can cut up fruits and veggies and freeze them in single serving portions so all you have to do is add liquid and blend.

If you want really cheap protein, you can add raw eggwhites to a smoothy, which makes it light and fluffy.

Some good smoothie veggies are:
Carrots
Spinach
Fennel
Cucumber
Ginger
Sea Vegetables (Wakame etc)
>>
>>36615179
Start eating cabbage. You will fart like crazy for the first few days but once you get used to it that will stop.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.