[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dealing With Injury
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Sprained-Ankle.jpg (20 KB, 400x284) Image search: [Google]
Sprained-Ankle.jpg
20 KB, 400x284
About 8 months ago I got an ankle injury that I ignored and continued training through. After a month of that, I sprained the other one and got to the point where normal movement was excruciating.

4 months in I got into Physical Therapy, 6 months I slowly started training again. I'm currently 23, started martial arts at 12 and lifting at 16 and have been fairly consistent with both since. I've actually tailored my entire life around martial arts, plan to open a school someday and went for movement related formal education.

Last week I was back to lifting and jogging about where I was before I had to take a hiatus, and back at about half my martial arts load.

Then over the weekend I reinjured my ankle playing with my cousins at Easter. I basically just broke down, this is worse than a break up, worse than failing. I feel like someone is kicking me repeatedly in my heart's groin.

Has anyone had to deal with this? All I want to do is train, and all I can do is sit here and waste away. What do I do guys?
>>
>>36573290
Let your injuries fucking heal and take a break, if not you're gonna continue to fuck your shit up worse than it already is man.
>>
>>36573290
>I reinjured my ankle playing with my cousins at Easter
Kek
>>
>>36573290
If I've learned anything from being an athlete with aspirations, it's that your body is yours to expend. If you want to risk injury dicking around with your friends or playing soccer or whatever, you're free to do it. But you have to think about potentially having to bail out of your sport prematurely.

I've had friends that have washed out because they wanted to play high school sports and hurt themselves. Or they roughhoused with their siblings and snapped their shit. Or decided to go out trailrunning only to fall as displace their patella.

Is it worth it? Save it for the mat.
>>
>>36573431
I know. Just trying to figure a way to cope with not being able to go back yet.
>>36573454
For whatever reason kids like me, I assume it's because I wrestle and jump around with them. I was doing just that when my ankle went to crazy inversion and pain was had.
>>36573504
Thanks, I think that was something I needed to hear.
>>
>>36574176
Be safe, man. You can go easy and have fun at the same time. You know your limits on the mat, set a new set of limits off the mat. You can do it
>>
>>36573290
Just do a tren cycle, youll literally heal over night
>>
I had a nasty sprain back in November that is just now finished healing. I waited 3 weeks before going back to climbing, but I probably should've waited more. I took it easy and didn't go above and v3 which killed me inside. I never got it checked out which I should have, but I think I mightve torn a ligament partially or something

I always did balance exercises every night to help strengthen it, but I should've done more. I can't squat down all the way like I used to on that foot and it hurts to do explosive movements like dynos (jumping) so I'm still trying to fix that

Good luck op, take it easy and slowly work up again, but don't wait too long or it will scar up and be weaker
>>
I've walked off every ankle injury I've ever had. Really stupid of me in hindsight. Just one more bad landing from a jump and I'll be fucked.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.