[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is coffee bad for your health?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Snapchat-9157243282166022301.jpg (307 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-9157243282166022301.jpg
307 KB, 1440x2560
I drink coffee almost everyday with a little cream and sugar just to stay awake. And if it does affect your health what are some other ways i can get caffinated?
>>
>>36570048
Caffeine is the only thing about coffee that may be harmful.

Coffee consumption in general is correlated with good health outcomes. This doesn't necessarily mean it's "good for you", but based on all the evidence we have it's not harmful.

That being said, caffeine can have negative effects on individuals like anxiety and insomnia, depending on the individual and when/how much is consumed. If coffee makes you feel worse or gives you a crash, don't drink it. Otherwise, don't worry about it.
>>
>>36570048

Coffee contains caffeine which is a stimulant which boosts your metabolism and makes you temporarily more alert.

It contains very few calories by itself, and is used to fight hunger like water, and as a preform out drink by some.

That being said adding sugar and creamer isn't good if you don't need it. Black coffee is an acquired taste much like beer, or you could switch to sweet 'n low and half and half.
>>
I personally find that a good cold shower and a run in the morning give me more energy with less of a crash later. Plus, you don't get dependent on it if you miss out for a day or two.
>>
>>36570048
Tea may be a better option as it contains less caffeine and it tastes nice first thing in the morning
>>
Is coffee just a meme? I can drink an entire pot at 6 pm and fall asleep soundly at 8pm. It does nothing to me. I randomly went from drinking a pot or two a day to none at all for six months, no cravings, nothing at all different. I have never noticed any effect at all from coffee consumption.
>>
>>36570048

> And if it does affect your health

> uses cream
> cream, in this case (presumably), comes from cows
> cows produce methane, bad for the ozone layer
> male cows of dairy herds slaughtered at birth
> female cows live about four years after incessant insemination to produce milk with puss in it, then are slaughtered too
> increase in deforestation to make way for more cows to deal with increased human consumption
> told by government due to lobbying that animal milk is best for us, just for money
> cream comes from milk

Switch to something else or stop altogether.
Save yourself, humanity, and the planet.
>>
>>36570789

hey guys, I found the vegan!

I'm going to buy a roast chicken tonight just to spite you.
>>
File: FunnyPotato.jpg (9 KB, 283x228) Image search: [Google]
FunnyPotato.jpg
9 KB, 283x228
>>36570994

The joke is on you.
I'm not a vegan friendo :^)
>>
>>36570731
im the same my friend.
>>
I'd that you, Raemz?
>>
>>36570731
>>36571029

Overconsumption leads to a lack of effect. It's like people smoke all the time to de-stress, or people who eat to be happy. It just ends up becoming a habit without meaning. Drink in moderation.

Green tea is a better alternative though.
>>
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/caffeine.shtml
>>
>>36571065
seconding green tea. it's a way better alternative
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.