[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Inflammatory bowel disease
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: tp.png (89 KB, 159x272) Image search: [Google]
tp.png
89 KB, 159x272
Hi /fit/, please help me. At this point you are all I have.

I have been having bowel problems since a year. My shit is often a little loose and I have a hard time holding it in, though that could be due to bulking or high fibre intake.

A few months ago I suffered from 3 days of high fever and sever diarrhea, which possibly happened due to some bad chicken I ate. Two weeks after I recovered, I saw red blood in my shit. My father had ulcerative colitis before getting a surgery, so we went to the gastroenterologist professor he saw when he was sick. She said that my symptoms didn't sound like Crohn's(though I think she might have meant the symptoms I had while I had the fever and diarrhea, not the overall looseness), and decided to perform a rectoscopy to see if I had UC. It turned out to be clear, and the blood was most likely caused by hemorrhoids.

By the way, I had to take a corticostoroid(apparently it is used in treating UC) after I recovered, due to a drug-allergy induced urticaria.
>>
>>36564910

All seemed to be fine, until a few weeks ago. I suffered a flu-like illness for a few days and had a single diarrhea-like shit; the symptoms were nowhere as severe as the ones I suffered from before. Two days after I recovered, I had diarrhea, again nowhere as severe as the last one, and recovered the day after... but my shits have not been the same, since 3 weeks. They are not liquid, but always nasty, always in multiple pieces, I can't seem to digest things like tomato peels, floaters are common, often I see floating pieces, and also have gas. Also stalling on most lifts, by the way. Since yesterday, it is getting worse. I am bloated and have even more gas, and although my shits aren't liquid, they are getting worse. I thought that I didn't eat enough fibre yesterday, and ate a lot of red cabbage, which seems to have fucked me up even worse.

What is happening to me? Does this sound like Crohn's to you? Anyone with it here? And medfags? I am worried particularly because I have exams in a week.
>>
>>36564913

By the way, is anyone here with IBD lifting? How does that work out for you?
>>
>>36564910

pls respond
>>
>>36565173
We're not fucking doctors you idiot! This is a fitness board, not a health board. Spend some money and see a doctor before you shit your guts out.
>>
>>36565182

I said I already have. I talk to my father but he is insisting that I am fine and just imagining things. I am just looking for someone somewhat knowledgeable about this.
>>
I've had ulcerative colitis since I was 17. I've done every treatment short of surgery to remove my intestines and nothing worked for me, and I wouldn't want to live life with a big scar or a shit bag on my stomach, so I just live with it untreated.

It's not that bad most days. It's manageable, at least. I go to the bathroom before I leave the house and I can usually do whatever I need to do outside and come back home before I'll need to go again. And if not, you just have to get used to using public washrooms.

Anyway, I've been lifting for a couple months with UC and I find that it really doesn't affect the fitness lifestyle that much. I can still lift and run and as long as I'm not in the middle of a flare-up then I don't have to eat any differently than someone normally would. I'm 6'0" and I'm currently bulking on about 3,200 calories and I've been seeing weight gain, so it's do-able.
>>
See a doctor. However the answer isn't more fiber, it's to heal your gut.

Start taking a daily probiotic.
Start taking digestive enzymes with your meals.
(You can find all this on Amazon)

Read Chris Kressers articles on GERD. You should try 30 days no wheat and dairy.
>>
>>36565212

Wouldn't bulking make you shit more often?

By the way the surgery has worked well for my father, though I can get why a younger guy might not want to get it.

Unfortunately Crohn's is not curable. Do you know if having relatives with UC increases your chances of having Crohn's, or vice versa?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.