[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you say working out has improved or worsened your chances
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: average_fit_user.jpg (26 KB, 300x266) Image search: [Google]
average_fit_user.jpg
26 KB, 300x266
Would you say working out has improved or worsened your chances with women?
A couple of women recently told me getting to know me really changed their initial impression, it being of a bodybuilding douchebag.
For a lot of women, working out screams insecurities and desperation to appear alpha, the same way threatening to beat people up does.
Does the personal enrichment brought by having a new hobby outweight the stigma of looking like a meathead, in your experience?
>>
ooohhh god whatever faggot just lift
>>
>>36552558
/thread
>>
I would say It's worsened. Bit of background, lifting natty for 4 years, jumped over to the dark side 2 years ago. Every relationship i've had past the 2 years lifting mark pretty much goes the same way: first 2-3 weeks- holy shit this is awesome, sex every day no issue. week 3: she'll start to question her own body and whether or not shes good enough for you, for example in the shower: "those abs" and then feel her stomach with a depressed look. This also happens a lot: "i'm busy with x, was thinking of cancelling my gym membership, is that ok?" then end up leaving you because they're too insecure about themselves and think you're going to hurt them. Literally 7/9 of my relationships past the 2 year mark. But hey gotta do whatever it takes, right babe?
>>
>>36552532
>screams insecurity

What? Trying to better yourself screams insecurity? So studying to make my mind smarter makes me insecure about my own intelligence? I've never met a girl that genuinely believes that, and my chances have skyrocketed since I went from fatty to fit. You sound like a DYEL that is trying to find an excuse to not lift.
>>
ugly with a good body = obsessed gym rat, douche

attractive with a good body = athlete, sociable, chad
>>
>>36552532
Definitely improved. Sent a morning underwear pic to a chick i was talking to. She got so horny she jacked off three times in a row to it. I'm only 6'0 / 175 / 12%, haha
>>
This is an easy one - just ignore bitches that look down on you for working out. You don't have to impress every woman in the world.

Only you know whether or not you're an insecure douchebag. If you fear that you are, in fact, acting like a douchebag, just take more time to stop and reflect on your actions, and make an effort to act like less of a douchebag in the future.
>>
>>36553379
Post body
>>
I'm 26 and I've seen more "action" in the last 4 months than in the rest of my life combined. It's improved my chances but boy do I still find ways to fuck everything up. Still a virgin and no gf
>>
File: FSH-Athlete.jpg (92 KB, 288x600) Image search: [Google]
FSH-Athlete.jpg
92 KB, 288x600
>>36553391
Pic of me doing crossfit
>>
File: 1457507596561.jpg (81 KB, 720x631) Image search: [Google]
1457507596561.jpg
81 KB, 720x631
>>36553324
This, people only assume that you're compensating for something if it looks like you have something to compensate for, such as being ugly or a manlet.

Also, in some cases women will find men with well built bodies unattractive simply because it makes them feel insecure about the quality of their own appearance
>>
>>36552995
Your fallacy is grouping working out and studying under the umbrella of bettering yourself, as if they were the same. Educating yourself on meaningful topics helps in every area of your life and is generally seen as a respectable endeavour. You can pretend people at the gym work out to improve their health and physical condition but considering how popular cardio is around here you can easily tell most people are mostly concerned with being stronger and having a muscular physique. And if you mostly do cardio no one will think you look like a douchebag anyway.
I love working out but I do it because I enjoy looking better and stronger for myself and other people. It's nothing like getting a degree or being an artist.
>>
>>36552532
Vastly improved. Never got any when I was a skellington. Even though girls claim it's the opposite almost all of them much prefer a Chad to a Carl.
>>
>>36552798
Aye, same with me. Have you tried complimenting their body often? How does that turn out?
>>
>>36553672
Fuck off Crossfag
>>
>>36552532
Increased but in a bad way
-more bar sluts and club girls
-more one night stands
-more fwbs
-good girls aka wifey material that I'm attracted to think I'm vain and a player
I just want to wife the chick that's in my biochem class ;_;
>>
I can't see any fucking difference.
>>
If you look like you workout, you already fucked up.

Your body type should be able to plausibly deny going to the gym. Just say you do sports once in a while or something.
>>
>>36556586
>Your body type should be able to plausibly deny going to the gym. Just say you do sports once in a while or something.
enjoy being a beta faggot that has to hide the truth and make up shit all the time because he is afraid people could critize him for it
>>
>>36556649

It's not about criticism, it's about what is and isn't attractive to women. Going to the gym isn't attractive to women.
>>
No effect.
>>
>>36556672
Who gives a shit about attracting women?
>>
>>36556700

non-fags
>>
>>36552532
>borderline dyel/built fat by /fit/ standards
>bench 160, squat and diddy about 270, ohp 95 lb
>have gf, fucking room mate on the side as well, have 2 other girls at my job who desperately want my dick

i would say improved. but that could also have to do with the fact that i'm not autistic
>>
File: tumblr_nfzilzjmvo1rc62fxo1_250.jpg (13 KB, 250x189) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfzilzjmvo1rc62fxo1_250.jpg
13 KB, 250x189
>>36556672
what? Most of the attractive women i know go to the gym themselves.
>>
>>36552532
Then find women who doesn't bash other people's hard work out of their own insecurity, you know that women say that because they are afraid of men who will leave them for their body.
>>
>>36555037
You hace one Níger stands with bar sluts and you wonder why wifeys think you're a player?
>>
>>36556738

> has a gf

> probably at most had a drunken peck on the lips with roommate while girlfriend was present & consented

> girls at work acknowledge him therefore want the dick.
>>
>>36556848
i mean, you can be a crab ass nigger if you want, but i'm telling the truth.
>>
>>36556867

ur probably just close enough to telling the truth that you feel justified

like maybe you fucked the room ate 5 years ago before you and your gf were a thing/steady.

so you say it without feeling like ur lying lmao

its weird i can see through ur text.
>>
>>36556738
>built fat
You're weaker than i am and i'm a lanklet skelly. Built fat requires muscle, faggot.
>>
>>36556738
bench 160 and dead 270?

my bench is at 155 and dead like 185 lol
>>
>>36556885
>being this delusional
>>
>>36552532
news flash: girls only go for muscles when there's no rich guys in range... if you were rich, 'she' wouldn't care what you looked like (pic related)

if you wanna lift, do it for your own reasons. not to impress chix
>>
>>36556922
Forgot to include that I'm a 5'8 manlet.
Room mate I'm fucking is 1 inch shorter than I am.
>lanklets btfo

>>36556996
SS got me early senpai. Modified a stronglifts routine to take out all squats. Making more gains since all my energy is being put toward upper body and back. My squats been going up without me even doing them.
>>
>working out means insecurities
What does putting on make up equal?
>>
Before lifting I was really immature

After lifting I'm still immature but now I have an annoying "alpha" side that randomly comes through and changes the vibe.

It's pretty cool to know that I have better game than my friends but I lead girls on.
>>
>>36555037
>>36556830
lel btfo
>>
I'm not worried about women seeing me as vain, but my family.

My dad lifts all the time though. Just came out as a /fit/izen to my mom. Guess I can finally take my lifting to the next level.
>>
File: _20160328_165634.jpg (169 KB, 1080x1536) Image search: [Google]
_20160328_165634.jpg
169 KB, 1080x1536
>>36556885
Shes literally texting me right now. Stay mad pleb
>>
>>36557853
Fucking kek
>>
>>36554660
Except it is. While you are working out, you will probably learn stuff about how your body works in order to optimize your gains, increase your willpower, get cognitive gains (mostly because of cardio, but lifting helps too), etc.

You will also have a goal body that will fit some kind of aesthetic ideal, in a manner similar of an artist in its medium of choice. So in this way it is also like that.

We are not mind and body, We are just a body that happens to be able to generate a a electro-chemical pattern we call mind (using our minds since ours just happens to be self-aware).
>>
>>36557853
she sounds fat, gj banging a fatty
>>
>>36552532

Things definitely improved. Lots of groping and flirtatious comments and a couple hookups.

Then Injury made me lose all my gains and I'm back to where I started but now the depression is worse since I am no longer ignorant.
>>
>>36558896
how far into lifting do you start getting the groping and flirting. adn are you doing strength or bro split?
>>
>>36552532
Look at what they do, not what they say. The "Fit guys are assholes" rhetoric is just preemptive ego defense a lot of the time.
>>
at best it brings your floor up, it's an inert trait
>>
>>36552532

improved

but I dont give a shit, I train cause I want to look good in the mirror
>>
>>36557853

>lol

>lololol

>lol

sounds like a catch
>>
girl here
Feel very intimated by guys who left so I avoid them
>>
>>36552532
I mountain bike on top of a 45 min routine 5 days a week, and it's about tripled over any success I had before. Working out isn't my hobby or life, but I like being fit and healthy, and any sane person finds that attractive. If you do nothing outside of work and workout, or even if you have a bunch of hobbies but you're absolutely nuts about being a muscle bound freak, your life is going to lose a lot of luster, though. Working out isn't typically a sex-appeal thing in my experience, it's more the overall "healthy person" thing. Sure, you can pick some whores up if your daily routine consists of horse oats and steamed chicken with 5×5's before sunrise, but you're better of just finding a decent balance to where you don't have to wear tight shirts to pick up. That in mind, as a skinnyfat fuck I was doing well with 2 or 3 numbers every time I went out, but now it's not hard to walk away with a little over half a dozen.

>I have 0 sex drive and only do it to piss my friends off
>>
>be fat fuck
Women refuse to make eye contact with me, female friends tolerate my existence but will never ever make any physical contact
>lose 75lbs still skinny fat
Women start noticing the change and start commenting on the work I've been putting in. physical contact becomes more and more constant
>hop on gear after 1.5 years lifting and put on some size
Most women find me grotesque , fat bitches feel like they are entitled to hook up with me
>become fat again
The circle of life for Autist lifters
>>
File: 1455038397620.jpg (16 KB, 404x462) Image search: [Google]
1455038397620.jpg
16 KB, 404x462
>>36552532
Its certainly improved my ability not to give a shit
>>
>>36559792
It's okay. I also get intimidated by girls walking out the door.
>>
girls seem a lot nicer, but I have no idea what they actually think.

not that it matters, im happy seeing myself get better and better in the mirror.
>>
>>36559776
She's my fuck buddy, not my gf. The reason it works so well.is because we've established that we wouldn't want to date each other.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.