[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much protein do you /fit/izens need to get get gains? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: thug lyfe.jpg (132 KB, 810x608) Image search: [Google]
thug lyfe.jpg
132 KB, 810x608
How much protein do you /fit/izens need to get get gains?

I've been trying to get .9 to 1.0g/lb of body weight. After years of extreme and ridiculous flatulence from process protein powders, I'm not reading that the data is showing that 0.8/lb of body weight is actually the upper limit of protein intake needed. In most cases, we need even less than 0.8.

I'm obviously going to test this out with myself, reduce my protein, and see if I can put on the last 5 pounds that I want to put on, but has anyone here tried 0.8? How were your results?
>>
File: zir5mu.jpg (13 KB, 300x419) Image search: [Google]
zir5mu.jpg
13 KB, 300x419
I just put in my shit in sc00bz's calculator and let it take care of everything.

Natty science is the strongest in the world.
>>
So after reading scientific publications suggesting that 0.8g/lb/day is basically the limit for usable protein in muscle synthesis, you're not convinced without anecdotal evidence from people who might not even lift?
>>
>>36541828
Thanks, googling now
>>36541829
yeah. anecdotal evidence is important because "science" measures averages and means instead of individuals. "science" is also politicized and misused. Torture the numbers and they tell you what you want to hear, kind of like terrorists.

"science" once said that marijuana made us all go crazy and drown each other in pools and fuck black men.

"science" is routinely used to infringe on Constitutional freedoms.

So yeah. I like to use anecdotal evidence as another data point to inform my decision making in addition to "science."
>>
>>36541938
http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
>>
>>36541957
Thank you!
>>
>>36541803
ive read its 1g per pound of Lean body mass
>>
>>36541803
0.8g is probably enough but I shoot for 1lb and count protein from oats and broccoli and shit
>>
What is the grams of protein to the kilo ratio ?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.