[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deadlifts ruining aesthetics?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 479x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 479x370
I enjoy dead lifting. I feel great ripping that weight off the ground but my obliques have become too developed and I have no taper. I feel like dropping deadlifts is the best thing to do. I can do so many other lifts to work my back and traps and I can work hamstrings with leg curls after I squat. What should I do? I love deadlifts but I want to be happy with my body
>>
>>36538852
I doubt it's really a problem.

First of all, Bret Contreras has debunked the myth that deadlifts make your waist wide.

Secondly, most male fitness models train the crap out of their obliques with direct exercises that hit them way harder than any amount of deadlifting ever will. You don't see these guys having their "aesthetics ruined".
I think there's 3 things going on here if you think you're getting too wide:
You're not quite as lean as you think you are.
You're genetically predisposed to a wider waist.
You're underestimating the impact of perspective and posing. This is a big one. Bodybuilding is a sport of illusion and I have personally noticed many times that some fitness models who usually seem to have a very narrow waist suddenly look much more "square" in certain pictures when they don't get to pose properly.
>>
>>36538957
not OP but awesome post
>>
>>36538957

Yes I need to get leaner but a problem I have is that I used to box and so for years I trained my obliques to make them as strong as possible, because of this I have a thick waist and deadlifts are just helping maintain that. The other problem I have and I think this is more important than posing; my shoulders aren't as wide as I want them. If you have narrow shoulders you need a very narrow waist to create a good taper and dropping deadlifts and doing more OHP can help
>>
>>36539733
It sounds like you need to get bigger if you have to atrophy muscles to have the proportions you want.
>>
>>36539733
Train the shit out of your lats and delts. There's not much you can do if you were born to be a fridge.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.