[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>staying at gfs house for a few days >plan to do some workouts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: images.jpg (18 KB, 291x450) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18 KB, 291x450
>staying at gfs house for a few days
>plan to do some workouts
>take some whey with me
>gfs mother tells me it will make me fat

What the fuck? Why does everyone seem to have a fear of protein powder?
>>
>listening to mom science
>listening to bro science
you're not gonna make it bro
>>
>>36527643
>gf drags me along to her friends house for dinner
>her friend asks me for advice abt losing weight and "toning"
>tell her to just download mfp and cut your calories
>starts telling me abt all the fat burners she has taken and asks me if i know any good ones
>tell her supplements are a waste of money, cut down on ur portions
>says she does just leg and ab work cause she just wants to burn fat their
>doesn't wanna get to "big"
>tell her it takes alot of time and effort to even get that way/
>start getting a headache from all the stupidity

I thought 4chan was bad, normal ppl are clueless in the shit they believe in no wonder ppl think 90% of yt fitness is natty. Why is it so hard for ppl to realize to lose weight or gain muscle takes time and consistent effort. it's not some overnight quick fix
>>
>>36527652

What the fuck should I do for protein then? I cant live off chicken boobs.
>>
>>36527672
eggs
chicken
sardines
tuna
lentils
>>
>>36527672
650g of chicken breast is around 200g protein. I have that in one go most of the time, with pasta/rice/wraps and veggies. That's basically my daily requirement done in one meal.
>>
>>36527671
stop talking to these people
you'll soon realize they all just wanna talk about "getting there"

but never really even starting.
>>
File: 1307654840964.jpg (10 KB, 240x250) Image search: [Google]
1307654840964.jpg
10 KB, 240x250
>>36527643
>take some whey with me
>>
>>36527671
Because today's society is fucking shit

Everyone wants stuff instantly, right here and now

This is the reason most people roid as well.
>>
>>36527714
Fucking this.

>start getting swole
>classmates noticing and miring
>asking me tips on how to get big
>say download MFP and start counting calories, get a surplus and work out
>watch them DL
>next week I ask about their progress
>not one meal logged, not one day did they go to the gym
>why.jpg
>"I wasn't sure about my height I want to have the correct numbers before I start"
>tell him it doesn't matter and that mfp will correct the numbers if he adjusts his height later
>nah
>stop bothering.
>>
>>36527643
Explain to them that whey is from a natural food source, it is the watery part of milk that remains after the formation of curds. Its dried and is an easier way of getting protein than having to cook steak.
>>
>>36527643
>fatasses take brotein thinking it's a quick fix miracle diet supplement
>fatasses get even fatter
>friends develop misconceptions about protein

It's not their fault really.
>>
File: 20160323_163329.jpg (298 KB, 747x1328) Image search: [Google]
20160323_163329.jpg
298 KB, 747x1328
>>36527643
Did someone say we're having a brotein party?
>>
File: ooWfRv1.jpg (50 KB, 586x640) Image search: [Google]
ooWfRv1.jpg
50 KB, 586x640
i have 20lbs of whey powder on deck nigga who wants to get wild
>>
>>36527643
>>36527652
>>36527672

I literally hide my supplements from my parents because they throw a fit whenever they see me eating a ton. When they see me they'll usually compliment how much bigger I've gotten but then they'll also complain about how i'll get fat for eating so much.

There's no way getting around it. You honestly just have to lie and hide it or else deal with the shit you're going to have to take. Its hilarious. But necessary.
>>
>>36531240
why not normal milk, family?
>>
>>36534446
is this a serious question?
>>
>>36527643
>Dating a girl who still lives with her parents

Kek
>>
>>36527643
man some of the protein powders taste really fucking nasty i don't know how I can even drink it all up.
>>
>>36534446
JUST fuck my shit up.
>>
>>36531240
oh man fuck you i like almond milk so much, but in this shithole 3rd world country i cant even find it for sale, last and first time i had it a friend of mine had to bring a fuckin 100ml carton from germany and you have like 3 fucking liters just laying there
>>
>>36535623
double rich chocolate is pretty good if you use a blender, add some cocoa powder and mix that shit up

it's the only way i've managed to drink up about 7 kg of powder so far without getting completely tired of the taste
>>
>>36535032
yeah, am i missing something?
>>
>>36534446
this.what kind of cuck drinks shitty almond milk?
only hipster vegan girls drink it in my country.
>>
>>36537934

more calories for less protein, and more expensive.
>>
>>36537989
2 liters of cow milk cost 1 euro,1 liter of almond milk cost 3 euros,are u retarded?
>>
>>36527643
For me it was because of that southpark episode where cartman becomes a "beefcake".

On another note, are two shakes a day too much?
>>
>>36538015
If it doesn't put you over your calories for the day it's fine. That's if you are cutting
>>
>>36528251
>counting calories and tracking meals
why would you even bother with this shit if your a DYEL?

just lift fucking weights and eat more food, if ur a fat fuck eat less food

jesus what a waste of time
>>
>>36537996

dunno about EU, but no way in hell is milk that cheap in US.

also, it's nice to have a tub of powder with 60 servings last you a month. less sugar too, depending on the product.

cba to do the math right now but i'm still pretty certain powder is cheaper.
>>
File: mosusetrapgif.gif (426 KB, 300x125) Image search: [Google]
mosusetrapgif.gif
426 KB, 300x125
>>36527672
you literally use whey supplement as a supplement to your diet. so you get the proper amount of protein from your real foods and consume this as an addition to a meal or a snack. fool.

stock up on canned foods and nutritional snacks. if they say anything talk about not wanting to eat all of their food and that this is what you planned. don't ever talk to anyone about certain nutrition. if they offer you food just fuckin eat it. add in a snack bar or scoop at the end or before some of your meals and you are golden.

the reality of this is you know how your body feels and how it is generally tuned so to speak. so you understand what it needs in order for you to maintain your current performance level. others see your potential and what paths you may be inclined to take and they criticize your lifestyle in ways which pertain to their relationship with you. you aren't necessarily in-your-face about things; people comment because they just have to tell you their perspective for some reason. there is no need to argue unless it comes to hard facts. don't argue broscience to people who don't even workout. that's the worst of the worst.
>>
>>36531240
>not featuring cereal OR oats in pic.
>>
>>36527686
>tuna

Enjoy your brain tumor
>>
File: aiii 2.png (225 KB, 448x452) Image search: [Google]
aiii 2.png
225 KB, 448x452
>>36527643
ive seen the oposite, where people are trying to lose weight so, they just dirnk protein shakes mfw
>>
>>36527643
Well are you? If youre shredded just point to your body and the argument ends
>>
>>36528215
Time is an enemy in an ultra capitalistic society
Nobody who got anywhere did it slow and steady
>>
>>36537962
Taiwanese.
Its actually pretty nice but macro wise it is nothing like milk
>>
>good friend wants to start lifting
>this is late november, early december
>he wants to wait to new year
>think to myself this is not gonna work but give im the benefit of the doubt since we are good friends and play football together
>wants to learn how to squat and deadlift
>that's a pretty good start I think
>text him after ny on lower body day (thanks candito)
>he bails on me a few times (work, tired, yadada)
>eventually I stop asking him
>he ofc stops texting me about gym
>I'll probably never invite him to work out with me
>if he wants to start training, he's gonna hae to take some initiative
>>
>>36527643
When I was about 17 I had a jar of whey on my desk because I couldn't be fucked to tuck it away under my bed yet. Sister came in, saw it and her eyes went into like deer in headlights. She approached me almost like some drill sergeant and demanded to know why I was taking steroids.

Looked at her confused as fuck and she points at the Whey. I could not stop laughing for a good 15 minutes before I explained its just protein.
>>
>>36539114
All my friends do this with me as well anon. You really start to see how most people are just lazy cunts who will never amount to anything. Time to leave them behind.
>>
>>36539169
My parents did the same thing with me and Creatine.

>fox_grapes.jpg
>>
>>36539169
That's cute af nigga.
>>
>>36539605
This. You WILL outgrow people.
>>
>>36539613
Kek my mom did this too, I don't even take creatine it's just her knowledge about supplements is little to none
>>
>>36538455
>brain tumor
not unless you eat 30 fucking cans a day
>>
>>36539043
I drink protein shakes as snacks. Helps with the cravings. As long as you stay within your calorie limits you're fine.
>>
Whenever fitness comes up, I agree with anything normies say and never try to correct anything.
>>
>>36527701
Okay enjoy pissing out a good 160-170 grams of that protein.
>>
>>36541414
Are you one of those guys that believes optimal protein synthesis means that the body will shit out anything more than 30g an hour?

hahahahahaha
>>
>>36541414
Shoo shoo gains goblin. But anyways
>more than 1lb of chicken IN one meal
Damn
>>
>>36539043
I know right. 37g protein in 250 calories is so bad for cutting.

Dense motherfucker.
>>
>>36541446
Yes I am.
>>
>>36541483
Silly silly you.
>>
>>36541446
even rippitoe believes this btw
>>
>>36541114
this

Also helps when I have a bad sweet tooth
>>
File: 1391042923536.png (74 KB, 308x314) Image search: [Google]
1391042923536.png
74 KB, 308x314
>>36527643
how do you transport your whey ?
you can't move aroung the 2lbs bottle it's too big
>>
Fuck,whenever I stay at my gf's place I can never eat enough calories and hit my protein for the day... Losing weight like mad here,it sucks
>>
>>36539605
>Time to leave them behind
CMON
>>
>>36538093
Never gonna make it.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.