[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else sometimes have shit days in the gym? Went to hit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Anyone else sometimes have shit days in the gym?

Went to hit a Squat PR of lmao2plate 3x5, and I was struggling on my 90kg warmup.

When I did my main sets, I did like 3 reps then got stuck at the bottom. I tried again after a few minutes, and I started seeing lights (Like when you stare in the sun) and got stuck at the bottom again.

It was more like my body didn't want to squat more than I was physically unable (it was only a 2.5kg increase from last time).

Did my bench 100% fine.

But when I was warming up for my deadlift, it was like my body just didn't want me to pick the bar up.

Why does this happen sometimes? I have I just fucked my ass/glutes somehow?
>>
>>36504635
I'm you except my working sets on squats is 3x5x90kg.

I lift MWF and it's always, ALWAYS Wednesdays when I just hate squats.
>>
Most likely a hydration/nutrition problem
>>
>>36504635
it happens bro, i had a shit week last week where all my lifts went down, BUT... i got in an argument with my dickhead neighbor and stopped short of getting into an actual fight with him. an hour later i went to the gym jacked on adrenaline, NO preworkout, and seriously did a massive PR on my bench. i did twice the volume on all my other lifts, and then 45 minutes of high intensity/uphill cardio on the treadmill. when i came home i wanted to go right back and bust out another few hours.

lesson learned, get pissed off by neighbor every day before gym and get fucking huge in a few months.
>>
>>36504652
This is my first time it's happened.

My deadlift warm up was 85kg, and I normally do main sets of 110kg; so I'm guessing my ass was not in the mood for work today.

>>36504657
Coming to think of it, you may be right. I normally drink at least a litre before going to the gym, and I didn't drink as much this morning.

Cheers for the tip man.

>>36504672
Yeah I wasn't feeling very pumped today. Maybe I'll give my neighbour a knock next time lol.
>>
Gravity is heavy some days breh

Friday I couldn't pull 185, had the weekend off and then diddlio'd 190 on Monday
>>
>>36504687
It's not so much about the water you drink before you go to the gym, but how much you drink during the day, if your piss is yellow before going to the gym guzzling a litre of water probably won't do much and you'll still feel like shit.

Try upping your carbs too, you may have had low blood sugar.
>>
>>36504714
I think it was dehydration, spose this has been a learning experience -- at least I got my bench up lol.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.