[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
grocery list thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 400px-Tumblrmirror.jpg (20 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
400px-Tumblrmirror.jpg
20 KB, 400x533
/fit/izens hi. Week 3 of my change in diet and I feel okay. Unrelated to the topic every Friday these faggots I work with bring in 2 dozen doughnuts. For 3 Fridays I haven't even looked at them. So that's good. My shitty coworkers make fun of me for trying to be healthy but I ignore them.

>"hey anon, why no doughnuts anymore?"
>I'm trying to eat better
>shitlord coworker pats my belly
>"you eat well enough already" harharhar

I'm finding it hard to grocery shop though. Compounded by thr fact i can only afford to shop at poor people markets. So if any of you are kind enough to recap on average what you purchase a week and share it with me so I can brainstorm my own ideas from yours, I'd really appreciate it. Bonus points for brands and shit. I realize everyone's dietary plans differ, but I still think it would help me round out my list.

>yogurt
>bananas
>carrots
>fresh(ish) greens
>frozen vegetables
>whole wheat crackers
>almond spread
>deli turkey/chicken

Thank you in advance for all your support and encouragement. I feel like I'm gonna make it.
>>
Cottage cheese
>>
Basmati rice
>>
My girlfriend and I just moved into a new, more expensive place that actually has a real kitchen. I'm looking forward to cooking more often. My grocery list is generally -

>Raw chicken (breast)
>Filet
>Broccoli
>Carrots
>Rice or pasta
>Potatoes

>Bags of lettuce
>Olive oil
>Quinoa

>Eggs
>Deli cheese (for eggs)
>Bananas
>Yogurt or kefir

>Grapes
>Strawberries
>Some sort of fresh fruit / snack
>Oatmeal bars of some sort

>Lemons
>Sparkling water

We never spend more than $70 per week on groceries and eat pretty well, with 3-4 meals per week being out at restaurants.
>>
eggs
>>
>>36517231
i love you buddy, don't let your gains goblin co-workers drag you down.
>>
>>36517337
Thanks. I don't need their motivation. Fit keeps me satisfied on that front.

>but it's okay, because anon knows I'm just messing with him
>>
>>36517318
>>36517292
Added
>eggs
>cottage cheese

About the cottage cheese though should I get low/reduced fat? Or it doesn't matter. I don't really taste a difference.
>>
>>36517379
If you don't taste a difference then go for the low fat one
>>
Your list looks pretty good to me. I would add:

Tuna
Frozen fruit (for smoothies. Can be surprisingly filling)
Beans, dry or canned depending on how much time you spend cooking
Lentils
Rice in bulk (extremely cheap)
Oats

Also invest in some really good cooking supplies like sesame oil, spices, mustard, etc. Those can last you a long time and mean the difference between "oh, chicken again" and "hell yeah, chicken again!"

Also get a shit ton of tupperware and use it to make lunches ahead of time. If you can buy fresh veggies the day before you plan to cook there's less risk of them going bad. Or just use frozen veggies, no worries.
>>
Plan meals. Everything comes in multi portion sizes so you gotta get used to eating the same thing for 2-3 days.
>>
>>36517304
>Basmati rice
Added

>>36517406
Good post.
Added
>tuna (canned)
>frozen fruit
I didn't know they sold that tbqh.. and the spice thing is a good idea. I'm retarded for not considering that.
>>
File: 1448641763858.jpg (111 KB, 497x640) Image search: [Google]
1448641763858.jpg
111 KB, 497x640
>>36517231
>"you eat well enough already" harharhar
BASED
A
S
E
D
>>
>>36517231
bro, it's stupid to go on the board and just forage for ingredients.

make up a week meal plan and repeat it each week.

ex: monday "chicken marinated in greek yogourt, lemon and parsley: then grill it. >buy the ingredients

Tuesday: steak with salad >buy the ingredients

and so on. Don't just mindlessly buy stuff that you dont usually use otherwise it will just sit there.
>>
>>36517459
Good point. I'm not the most solid chef. I don't have much time. I have two jobs and after exercise I really only have the drive to grill a chicken breast and make some veggies. Got any good sources on free meal planners?
>>
>>36517514
https://www.eatthismuch.com/

i've got this but never used it. otherwise i just watch youtube vids and decide that if i like it i make it
>>
>>36517442
>my reminder that this is still 4chan, and not my reverberating, validating, hug box.

You serve more of a purpose than you realize.

>>36517525
Will try thank you for your input. I need to just stop making excuses and figure it out.
>>
>>36517550
np bro

i hate fatties
>>
This is what I recommend to a lot of friends when they ask about groceries (talking about budget and rent etc).
Just take about 30 recipes that you like that fit your macros or whatever you want the menu to center around. But those recipes need to be based on ingredients you can buy in bulk: rice, beans, breasts, big cans or tubs or sauce/broth, flour, etc.

Now you can make a monthly menu o what you're going to make. You know what's in it, you never have to think about a grocery list, and you're gonna get good at making at least 20 or so meals.

Not included in those meals are like fried eggs or oatmeal or whatever. Any retard can make that for breakfast.
>>
>>36517459
>>36517622
Damn. Didn't see that first post before I replied. But either way, what the first anon said.
>>
>>36517622
This is really solid advice. I'd add that you should pick which meal of the day you don't have time to make, and which you do. For example, my mornings are really rushed, so I'll make those on the weekends (frittatas, a huge pot of oats, whatever) and then I just need to warm them up. But my evenings are free, so I make my dinners fresh pretty much every day. My bf has the inverse problem, so he'll make huge amounts of stir fry or chicken salad and portion it out. You gotta figure out where your time is.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.