[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Binge eating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1398734935449.jpg (114 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
1398734935449.jpg
114 KB, 1252x1252
How does one stop binge eating/compulsively overeating?

I'm 5'11, 235 lbs. I used to be 150 lbs a couple of years ago, but then, I kinda developed this thing where when I'm stressed, sad or anxious I get this irresistible urge to eat. And it's easy to get sad when you're fat and alone. So you eat more and you're getting fatter, and you're even more depressed and so on. It's a vicious cycle.
The worst thing is, it doesn't even make me happy. It's like there's this cold empty hole in my chest that nothing can fill, certainly not food, because it's not sustenance that I crave but affection and love. I know, sounds pretty gay, but I can't help it. I was adopted, so I never really felt loved. But that's all I ever wanted in life. I couldn't care if I was living on the streets as long as it's with someone I care for, y'know? But it'll never happen, I'm no good for anyone. I'm not ugly, but I'm not right...in the head.Whenever I'm reminded of that, my stress levels rise sky high and boy, I'm raiding the fridge again.
Short of committing sudoku, what can I do?
>>
eat ice / smoke / coffee
>>
u need professional help. read about this in my human nutrition class. it's not something that you can do personally. you could probably change some habits, but don't really know what
>>
Stop restricting so much, learn how to count macros and eat a balanced diet within your macros. Stop taking food so seriously, stop labelling certain food as bad or good or as a reward. If you binge do not try and burn the calories off or starve yourself the next day, that only turns it into a never ending cycle.

I use to binge so I'm saying this as someone with experience.

I'm at a point now where I don't even do cheat days or cheat meals, let alone binge. You need to create a good relationship with food, it will take time, months of not years.

Tbh if you have "cheat" days IMO that means you have an issue aswell. People on here take shit way too seriously and give each other eating disorders.

You'll know you've mastered nutrition and dieting when you NEVER feel the need to have cheat meals or days or binge at all.
>>
>Replace food with drugs

Like I don't care if it's rude or not but honestly who gives a shit about what you went through. I'm sorry you had a shit life it sucks but those were the cards you were dealt. But everyone has a shit life bro. That's not a valid excuse especially when you know what the problem is. You know what the issue is. So find a solution. An easy solution, the only solution is to quit being a fat piece of shit and eating to try to solve your problems or make you happy because it won't do either. All eating does is make you a fat ass. I mean you've got one step up from most fatasses you know and acknowledge the root of the problem. Now do something about it. Or continue to be a fat peice it's your choice

You've got to reach a point where enough is enough. Have you enough of stuffing your face ?
>>
>>36515095
How did you reach that point of no longer doing cheat meals/days

Another ANON. Have a hard time struggling with that. Been stuck trying to lose the last ten lbs because I cheat on weekends. Told myself last weekend was it so trying to stick with it.

>mfw Easter weekend and family coming into town to visit me
>>
I replaced my binge eating with water. It fills you up pretty quickly and you don't feel like eating afterwards.
>>
>>36515077
Keep only healthy foods in your home, then when you want to binge you can eat some nice fruits and veg.
>>
>>36515077
Todd?
>>
>>36515114
It's not so easy anon. I had other addictions. I could quit them because I could just go cold turkey and weathered the withdrawal symptoms. But food is different. I can't just stop eating altogether. Trust me if I could I would. But I can't. Once you start eating, it's impossible to stop until you're so full you feel like puking.

>>36515150
I do have healthy foods. But when you get the cravings, you'll go shopping if there's nothing in the kitchen. I wish somebody could just throw me in jail and not let me out until I'm thin again.
>>
>>36515173
Have you ever tried? I mean ever truly tried. You can stop you're just making excuses. Not everything in life comes easy. But if you want it bad enough you'll work for it. Like another ANON said, only keep healthy foods in your house

I guess your best thing is to slowly and gradually fix your diet. Cut out soda, next week cut out fast food, next cut out junk food so forth and so forth.
>>
>>36515193
I did. Multiple times. Occasionally I lost 10 lbs, or twenty, the most successful one was when I was 198 lbs for 8 months. But then someone very close to me died, and everything fell apart. Three months after that I was back to my original weight.
>>
>>36515077
Start eating almonds if you soak them in water overnight they take longer to digest making you feel full longer also salmon jerky is great too it has a hormone called liptin witch tells your bring your full so start with that. Im trying to get ready for the navy and its what my recruiter suggested and I've lost 15 lbs in 2 weeks but im also doing wall push ups and upper back situps
>>
>>36515077
>I kinda developed this thing where when I'm stressed, sad or anxious I get this irresistible urge to eat.
As an ex skelly, this blows my mind because whenever i'm anxious or stressed, i don't want to fucking eat. My appetite stops.

I'm p tall, so have to force myself to eat to keep my intake up as to not lose gains. Crazy how different we are.
>>
Get a dog
>>
>>36515077

chew gum

you're not actually hungry, just addicted to putting something in your mouth and chewing
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.