[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I startet lifting (SS) about a month ago and want to lift more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: asstaetic.jpg (93 KB, 800x497) Image search: [Google]
asstaetic.jpg
93 KB, 800x497
I startet lifting (SS) about a month ago and want to lift more often (about 5 times a week or so).
What are some good programs for lifting about five times a week?

Also what is /fit/s opinion on pic related?
>>
Your program is shit. Weighted crunches...ugh you want a slimmer, smaller mid section.

Starting Strength
>Starting...

You'll move on to other programs. It's not a meme, it's just baby's first program.

If you want to add to it
On bench day
>do 2x20 standing calf raises with your squat weight after your last squat set
>do dips, weighted or assisted, whatever after everything else

On press day, after everything else
>do chinups
>do pullups
If youre weak and your gym doesn't have an assisted machine, use the back pulldown machine

Do curls or situps on Friday after SS, or whenever you're going to have two days off if you want the pump. Chins, dips, and pullups will be plenty for your lazy ass to see arm gains

Go do that for a few months, fix your diet, and get gains. Its a marathon not a sprint.
>GOMAD is for skinny teenagers doing two-a-days football practice, though, not normies
>>
>>36446004
>>36446176
Ill admit, I missed the thing about you wanting to lift more.

If you can hit the gym at flexible times,
Do something like this, 36 hours min between
Monday am, tuesday pm, thursday pm, Saturday pm

Rest on Sundays, and do something like pickup or intramural basketball on Wednesdays and Friday's. Something social and normal...

SS will beat you down soon enough
>>
>>36446176
thanks I will do that.
I am good with pullups, have been doing them at home. Also I am kinda skinny.
>>
>>36446222
Isn' this too little recovery for a full body lifting program?
What about a 5 day split?
>>
>>36446263
If you're young, sleeping eight hours, and not feeling beatdown, Tuesday afternoon, you're fine.

If you are feeling tired, wait till Wednesday. The several weeks of SS are as much mind-muscle connection.

I did 4xweek SS+gomad as a teenager, though I didn't know it (playing football with a strength coach), and that was the freshman program.

After my masters, ten years later with my developing dadbod
>ugh
3x a week was more than enough.
>>
>>36446004

>3x5 DL twice a week

jesus isn't that a little much for a beginner program?
>>
>>36446586
yes
>>
>I want to lift more often

Try lifting heavier.
>>
>>36446004
>add 2.5 lbs every workout
That seems like a lot. I thought lifting was about reps and form, not weight.
>>
>>36447046
You're only supposed to add 2.5lbs if you can keep a stable form.
>>
>>36447071
How do you know if you have stable form.
>>
>>36447119
Get someone who knows what good form looks like to take a look while you're doing it. Or you could use your phone or something to film yourself while you're doing it, and checking it afterwards.
>>
File: deep.jpg (8 KB, 247x204) Image search: [Google]
deep.jpg
8 KB, 247x204
bump
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.