[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Agility Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 236x204) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 236x204
Post routines and ask questions regarding agility and speed.

My question: How can I improve my entire body? Foot work, obviously, but also moving arms, torso, trunk, and full body faster. I'm a fighter, and I'm not satisfied with what I'm currently doing.
Pic related, twice a week is part of my routine.
>>
DYEL? How much do you even lift? I've gone down to full body/PPL 2-3 times a week just to keep strenght and not loose gains but desu when it comes to agility and speed lifting will not improve it. The more you lift the stiffer you get. Start to dedicate more time to streching and cardio. Running in the woods made my footwork improve a lot.
>>
>>36435214
I'm not looking for a lifting routine, I have a strength cycle I do. I'm looking for a good routine to build explosive speed and agility. Think, throwing kicks and punches faster, and changing direction quicker, even off one foot, or in weird positions.
>>
>>36435280
Something I found/find useful is to stand neutrally (as if you were talking to someone, hands by your sides etc) and then try to launch a powerful, non telegraphed punch or kick at the bag/air. Imagine someone is in your face and getting aggressive, you need to catch them off guard. It'll improve your explosiveness and help you hide your movements. As for footwork, I like to dance. Anything where you move around with control, ballroom, breakdance, kpop, whatever. Try movement from other sports. I like to use a fĂștbol style kick where I push from my back leg, shifting weight diagonally forward to my lead with a step, and then turning/springing back to my rear leg while kicking with the lead. It packs a metric fuckton of power and covers a lot of distance. You can also throw a punch (I prefer a hook) into most parts of their body. If you want to keep it sly, lean down as if you're going to punch, and watch your opponent. If they guard high, punch low or kick. If they guard lower or look ready to check your kick, punch high or simply jump at them.

Try going from a standstill to full sprint as fast as you can, and then stop quickly. Good for learning balance in movement.

Point your feet. What i mean is, it's easier to move sideways if your rear foot is sideways.
>>
there's a really good bjj pre-competition routine I follow but I'm not sure it suits what you're looking for, a boxing routine is probably what you want.
>>
>>36435453
>springing back to my rear leg
I meant to say that you bring the rear leg forwards i.e a step
>>
Jump rope. Bosu ball for balance. Pylometrics to utilize strength. Sprints.
>>
>>36435461
It couldn't hurt. I study Krav Maga, and will do MCMAP when I get to the Marines in two years, after college. I want to be a fast motherfucker, finishing punches and kicks, and moving and changing directions, as fast as possible. What about isometrics and sprints, on top of drills.
>>
Anyone know whether the whole fascial fitness thing is a moneymaking meme scheme or actually works for increasing power/explosivity?
Basically fascial tissue can contract and allow the muscle to contract faster and stronger without snapping your shit up, this is the fighf-or-flight response. It can also thicken through repeated use. Supposedly you can stimulate it via dynamic, explosive stretching.
>>
>>36435636
It's a total of 9 weeks divided in 3 week routines. The numbers in parenthesis are the rep changes for the second and third week of a routine, hope that makes sense.

Week 1-3
ABxACxx
A
pec stretch 2x6
db bp 3x10 (8 6)
lat stretch 2x6
single arm bent over row 3x10 (8 6)
rope pull up 2x9 (10 12)
bicep curl 2x10 (8 6)
skull crushers 2x10 (8 6)

B
front squat with db 3x10 (8 6)
plate crunch 3x10 (8 6)
straight leg dl 3x10 (8 6)
lateral plank 2x 60sec
lateral lunge 2x10 (8 6)

C
db romanina dl 3x10 (8 6)
plate crunch 3x10 (8 6)
single leg box squat 3x10 (8 6)
lat planl 2x60
lat lunge 2x10 (8 6)

Week 4-6
ABxABx
A
one arm db bp 3x10 (8 6)
pull up 3x15
one arm db snatch 2x10 (8 6)
upright row db 2x10 (8 6)
db mil press 2x10 (8 6)
single arm bent over row 2x10 (8 6)
pushups 2x failure

B
singleleg split squat 3x10 (8 6)
weighted glute bridge 3x10 (8 6)
bodyweight squat 2x30
bodyweight front lunge 2x10
bodyweight lat lunge 2x10
bodyweight jump squat 2x10

Week 7-9
ABxCDxx
A
pec stretch 4x6
bp 5x5 (4 3)
clap pushup 2x5
lat stretch 4x6
single arm and leg db row 5x5 (4 3)
plank 2x60
russian twist 2x12

B
front squat 4x5 (4 3)
jump squat 3x3
hanging knee raise 4x12
single leg deadlift 3x5 (4 3)
plank 2x60
russian twost 2x12

C
lat stretch 4x6
neutral grip pulllup 5x5 (8 10)
pec stretch 4x6
incline bp 4x5 (4 3)
plank 2x60
russian twist 2x12

D
hanging knee raise 4x12
romanian dl 4x5 (4 3)
bb split squat 4x5 (4 3)
jump lunges 3x6
plank 2x60
russian twist 2x12
>>
>>36435214
>The more you lift the stiffer you get.

False.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1jHXOc3GZU
>>
File: ants.jpg (48 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
ants.jpg
48 KB, 400x400
>>36435166
>>
>>36435682
If he wasn't lifting and was only stretching he would be twice as flexible. Lifting works against flexibility
>>
>>36435166
best thing you can do to increase agility is to increase the nuero-musclar connection (lift basically) and learn to relax your muscles
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.