[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How seriously do you take the fitness lifestyle? How good do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
How seriously do you take the fitness lifestyle? How good do you expect to look?

5'9 here. When I was 16 I was about 180lbs of video game playing junk food eating fatass (never weighed myself). Decided to lose some weight because I hated my moobs, counted calories for about 3 months then just started eating less and cut to 110lbs. Eventually realised this was way too skinny and took up lifting.

I don't really care about how I look. I'm not expecting or trying to look anything like zyzz for example. I'd hate to be fat again, however I'll never track macros again, unless I'm competing (never) I'm not going to check with my phone to see if I'm allowed to eat something. I eat 100% clean anyway. If I'm hungry I'll eat some sardines and an apple, why shouldn't I?
>>
Its a phase. Peoples expectations are warped b/c of the industry and marketing. People think that if they do everything perfectly they will look like a model in just a few months or years.

The truth is great results come with time and the only important factor in fitness is consistency. A person who eats shitty and lifts weird will have way more results after 5 years than the guy who quit and started again 10 times in 5 years doing everything by the book.

Youre not going to be 100% ignorant too. You can subconsciously count calories and aim for healthier foods and slightly follow habits you know are better
>>
>>36502903
That's exactly what I'm doing on this bulk. When cutting I learned to crave healthy food, so now I just eat what and when I want and I'm really happy about it. I'm putting a little more fat on than is needed but I don't care as there is no way I'm actually going to get fat.
>>
I keep in shape but I've never reached the autism of counting calories. The amount I eat has almost nothing to do with the amount I gain. Probably just superior genetics
>>
>>36502838
>If I'm hungry I'll eat some sardines and an apple, why shouldn't I?
Idk what the fuck is up with your post, but the way you phrased that sound like some fat tumblr woman
>>
>>36502838
>How seriously do you take the fitness lifestyle?
Not at all. It's a fucking hobby, no different than model painting, hiking or shitposting.
>How good do you expect to look?
I already look good. Lifting didn't change my face or my broad shoulders.

>I eat 100% clean anyway. If I'm hungry I'll eat some sardines and an apple, why shouldn't I?

You are aware that nothing is stopping you, right?
And the calorie counting apps are a fucking meme for the lazy and uneducated?
>>
I currently train 3 hours a week and starting monday will be doing 5 hours a week.
It's not much but it's got me on a steady (if slow) track to where i wanna be.
Current stats
>5'8"
>194 lbs
> 28% body fat

Do i have any chance of making it?
Been beating myself up over the fact that I'm physically inferior and i really need some renewed motivation.
>>
File: 56473892324.jpg (29 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
56473892324.jpg
29 KB, 630x420
>>36503077
Holy shit, we are the same person, you and I. Body stats and everything.
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 875x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 875x720
>>36503136
here's to making it, friendo :^)
>>
>>36502838
Used to be full on "if I try hard I can look like Kai greene" mode, but now my expectations are in check. I don't lift any less; I'm just not quite so deluded.
>>
>>36503077
you'll make it bro.
>>
I enjoy lifting. I also like looking good but don't think it's worth putting in extra effort to look extra good.
If you lift frequently and eat 'healthy' foods when hungry you'll look better than 95% of the population, that's good enough for me. Just look out for shit like grains and nuts, they're easy to overeat
>>
My happiness > my fitness. Being fit makes me happy
>>
File: 1457376287843.jpg (36 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1457376287843.jpg
36 KB, 400x386
>>36502838
I'm not into fitness at all, I just lift weights because it feels good man
>>
>>36502941
>The amount I eat has almost nothing to do with the amount I gain.
another graduate from the broscience academy
>>
File: image_4.jpg (34 KB, 597x519) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
34 KB, 597x519
Anyone else not able to eat without tracking macros anymore?
>>
i take it pretty seriously

then again, i am a PT, so i need to.
>>
File: casanova.jpg (123 KB, 614x569) Image search: [Google]
casanova.jpg
123 KB, 614x569
>>36502838
I've had digestive problems all my life, so I take nutrition very seriously, I eat as little processed foods as possible and prepare as many meals as I can myself. I also prefer fresh and organic ingredients, as long as the price is not too outrageous. Red meat only on special occasions.

I lift two or three times a week, same with cardio. I don't follow a set routine, I've found that I can make sufficient aesthetic gains by focusing on the muscles and muscle groups that I feel are lagging behind when I work out.

I'm healthy and lean, that's all that matters to me.
>>
>>36507314
Pretty much this. I eat clean because it has a huge impact on general mood and wellbeing. I follow a simple routine (Madcow) and lift heavy every other day. To be honest I never skip sessions even if I'm feeling lazy, but if I have commitments I'll skip the gym for those and not feel guilty
>>
>>36502838
my goal is to look like those greek statues

pic related
>>
>came here to lift and dirty bulk
>five years later I have a daily 20 minute mobility routine and a fridge full of celery

Nobody ever set out to be the healthy guy. It all just bleeds together and suddenly you're actually doing all the things normal people pretend they do.
>>
At first I took it way too seriously and got burned out in a few months

Now I just lift every other day and don't over or under eat and am seeing results. Slow results, but results nonetheless.

Before I would take months off and only have 3 or so months of lifting in between. Now I'm going a solid year of no breaks and have never felt better
>>
>>36502838
I like being lean and fit, not interested in being a totally ripped model type but happy to look better than most people, I can wear a well fitted tshirt and fill out the arms and have strong chest and shoulders.
I lift 3x a week and run 8km 3x a week. Its just my daily life and makes me feel better.
I love being able to chuck on some music and going for a quick 8km run without it ever being too hard, having fitness on tap is a great way to exist and I never want to lose it.
30yrs btw so its not a phase, ive been doing this for a while.
>>
>>36508713
This, it's pretty easy to maintain a decent amount of fitness and strength, just eat well, lift frequently and walk frequently
>>
>>36503004
>And the calorie counting apps are a fucking meme for the lazy and uneducated?

explain
>>
>>36502838
>5'9 here

kek
>>
>>36507756
You mean maximum natty?
Me too
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.